Has There Ever Been A Worse Cover Of A Soul Record

Pete S

I really like their " City Life ", sounds great played loud in a venue. Not to be confused with Buddy Holly frontman Jerry Naylor's popular classic "City Lights".

if you dont know it dont go expecting the next great sound, just a good little track, £20 not £200 might be a clue.

(p.s. I've always wondered if they were the same group?)

btw having spent my life totally avoiding pop music, and every other form of music that wasn't soul, n/s, etc. I had no idea that all these other versions existed, and I'd like to say thanks, for nothing, for wasting my life listening to tracy ullman, kylie,etc.

my wife looking over my shoulder while I was typing this, reckons one time big time, ex scottish now americanised, singer Sheena Easton covered a soul classic, anybody else remember what it was?

Just been through youtube and the only thing I can find is this very poor version of Martha Reeves

Dont blame me I don't normally do requests

Grant

Social source share

• Replies 71
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest pendulum

i have a couple of mint bell demos of 'lost summer love' by the feathers,vocal and inst,which i paid 20 pence each for on harperhey market many years ago.what are they worth now 50pence??this must be the worst cover ever!!

Social source share

Wurzell Gumidge Weller murdering Hercules by Aaron Neville Aaaarrrrgh wanker.gif

Oi!! leave Wurzell out of this,Weller's not even fit too tie Wurzell's boot lace's, got his album you know :shades:

Social source share

i have a couple of mint bell demos of 'lost summer love' by the feathers,vocal and inst,which i paid 20 pence each for on harperhey market many years ago.what are they worth now 50pence??

this must be the worst cover ever!!

Don't think you'll be shifting em with that for a Sales pitch! :shades:

Sean

Social source share

our love is in the pocket/i dont want to disscusit- amen corner i think, i,ll have to into the garage to search for the derham lp

Its not on derham its on immediate. :D

They're on both Deram and Immediate --- Studio versions on Deram and Live versions on Immediate

I actually liked the Live version of "Our Love" , but the Studio version wasn't up to much.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Than Duffy attempting to sing "Stay With Me Baby"?

I mean, it is like me attempting to sing like Pavarotti.

And to think that not so very long ago there were loads on here arguing that Duffy was a Soul singer after the release of the dreadful 'Mercy' :no:

Social source share

Duffy singing anything is painful!! She seems to have started this horrible warbling thing on everything she sings and watching her makes me cringe because of that TOP FUCKING LIP. So I don't!!

Social source share

What about Dave Berry's cover of Picture Me Gone, as much as I love the song, Dave kinda kills it for me.

Also Vanilla Fudge's version of You Keep Me Hanging On, having said that, its good in a psychedelic kind of way

Social source share

Personally, I always hated Dancing A La Musique - French Fries

Yes, the Sly & the Family Stone may have been on the commercial side, but it really is one of the best dance records ever!!!!

It does actually make you wanna DANCE TO THE MUSIC!!!! One helluva stomper!!!

AS THE WORDS SAY " GET ON UP AND DANCE TO THE MUSIC!!!"

Carol :D

Edited by jobbo
Social source share

Can think of 3 off the top o`me yed :

The Slits - I Heard It Through The Grapevine

Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle

But surely the worst one ever (already mentioned though) has got to be this pair of bloody mincers :

David Bowie & Mick Jagger - Dancing In The Street

Social source share

There's nothing worse than Rod Stewart singing...end of!!! thumbup.gif

Hope your well Gary.

eh up chalky! been a while! might make it to lifeline one day!!!! as for Rod Stewart, went to a 70th birthday in june and they had a Rod tribute! bastard was on for 2 fookin hours!!! nearly topped myselfsleep3.gif . hope you're well mate, see ya soon

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert