Marva Whitney! Live In Yorkshire! Discounted Tickets For Soul Source Members

When it comes to feisty femme funk or sassy sock-it-to-em soul, mighty Marva Whitney has no equal. Blessed with a lithe yet powerful church-raised voice, she first made her mark with the James Brown Revue in the late-1960s. Such was her impact during that time that she earned the titles "Marvellous Marva" and "Miss Excitement" for her dynamic stage performances. James Brown even went so far as to proclaim her "Soul Sister ..1".

See her perform her classic dynamite soul on...

Thursday 19th November

Doors @ 7pm. Onstage @ 8pm

The Hifi Club (formerly Central Soul Club!)

Central Rd

Leeds

West Yorkshire

Tickets are usually £11 but they are being offered to Soul Source members at a DISCOUNTED price of £8!

To make use of this fantastic offer, simply email sean@thehificlub.co.uk and quote ref: SOULSOURCE.

Edited by mattbolton
  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

When it comes to feisty femme funk or sassy sock-it-to-em soul, mighty Marva Whitney has no equal. Blessed with a lithe yet powerful church-raised voice, she first made her mark with the James Brown Revue in the late-1960s. Such was her impact during that time that she earned the titles "Marvellous Marva" and "Miss Excitement" for her dynamic stage performances. James Brown even went so far as to proclaim her "Soul Sister ..1".

See her perform her classic dynamite soul on...

Thursday 19th November

Doors @ 7pm. Onstage @ 8pm

The Hifi Club (formerly Central Soul Club!)

Central Rd

Leeds

West Yorkshire

Tickets are usually £11 but they are being offered to Soul Source members at a DISCOUNTED price of £8!

To make use of this fantastic offer, simply email sean@thehificlub.co.uk and quote ref: SOULSOURCE.

Wow! thats fantastic news ! thumbup.gif

I heard Marva on one of Honky's links in the lookback thread when she performed in Brooklyn a few weeks ago & she sounded amazing.

Its in my diary & Im emailing Sean next (dont want to miss out on my discount-credit crunch & all that!!)

See you on the night Matty

Ali x

Wow! thats fantastic news ! :thumbup:

I heard Marva on one of Honky's links in the lookback thread when she performed in Brooklyn a few weeks ago & she sounded amazing.

Its in my diary & Im emailing Sean next (dont want to miss out on my discount-credit crunch & all that!!)

See you on the night Matty

Ali x

Hi Ali,

sadly I'm not gonna be able to make it since I'll be back down in London on the Thursday, but I'm certain it's gonna be an amazing show!

Have fun!

Matty.

x

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if the venue manager is inundated, or just can't be arsed, but I've tried several times to contact him about payment - he only responded to the one e-mail, and then didn't follow up on my response as he promised.

I've ended up paying full price online for the tickets, since getting the reduced rate ones just hasn't happened due to poor communication (on the venues behalf) and I didn't want any of my party to miss out due to this...

COME OVER AND HAVE A PINT JO -IM GETTING THE TRAIN DOWN FROM DURHAM-REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS- GONNA TRY AND TICE HEADSEY OUT ALSO.

BAZ A

I don't know if the venue manager is inundated, or just can't be arsed, but I've tried several times to contact him about payment - he only responded to the one e-mail, and then didn't follow up on my response as he promised.

I've ended up paying full price online for the tickets, since getting the reduced rate ones just hasn't happened due to poor communication (on the venues behalf) and I didn't want any of my party to miss out due to this...

COME OVER AND HAVE A PINT JO -IM GETTING THE TRAIN DOWN FROM DURHAM-REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS- GONNA TRY AND TICE HEADSEY OUT ALSO.

BAZ A

BAZ A

Hi Ali got an email last night saying that tickets are on the door for the discount price £8 -so im gonna just mention it etc, and yes ofcourse you can have a pint girl,although might be bottled beer for me as I cant get used to yorkshire brew llol.

Look forward to having a chat Ali.

BAZ A

Brilliant Baz - thanks for that thumbsup.gif

When they reply to the email I sent this evening (cos they will Joe tongue.gif) I might suggest they leave mine on the door too so as to save me driving through Leeds like a ruddy maniac on Monday to pick em up !!

Phew ! sweatingbullets.gif that is a weight off my mind cos I didnt fancy driving all the way to Birmingham on 17th to see her.

See you Thurs Baz thumbup.gif

Joe - If I manage to get cheap tickets I'll buy you pint (oh no - you're driving that night ... what a shame). See you Thurs as well. I hope Becky is coming out to play smile.gif

Ali x

Brilliant Baz - thanks for that thumbsup.gif

When they reply to the email I sent this evening (cos they will Joe tongue.gif) I might suggest they leave mine on the door too so as to save me driving through Leeds like a ruddy maniac on Monday to pick em up !!

Phew ! sweatingbullets.gif that is a weight off my mind cos I didnt fancy driving all the way to Birmingham on 17th to see her.

See you Thurs Baz thumbup.gif DEFINETLY REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MARVA -SHOULD BE A GREAT NIGHT.

Joe - If I manage to get cheap tickets I'll buy you pint (oh no - you're driving that night ... what a shame). See you Thurs as well. I hope Becky is coming out to play smile.gif

Ali x

Guest Ste Brazil

I saw her live the last time she played Leeds a few years back at the 'Wardrobe', she was fantastic live and we met her afterwards too, top night!

Ste. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Source Advert