2010-06-25: Bridlington Spa Northern Weekender #4

• Replies 558
  • Views 48.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

When are the flyers getting published Rob??

Bloody Hell give us a chance !!!

Very soon I suspect-but tickets are already flying out like crazy-we can hardly keep pace with them!ohmy.gif

Anyway something else (in big writing-HAS ANYONE LOST A PAIR OF GLASSES AT BRID.? SPECSAVERS CASE AND THEY FEEL QUITE STRONG WHEN PUT ON--PM US IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS !

R & k

Bloody Hell give us a chance !!!

Very soon I suspect-but tickets are already flying out like crazy-we can hardly keep pace with them!ohmy.gif

Anyway something else (in big writing-HAS ANYONE LOST A PAIR OF GLASSES AT BRID.? SPECSAVERS CASE AND THEY FEEL QUITE STRONG WHEN PUT ON--PM US IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS !

R & k

:):yes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't lost mi gigs by the way but your post has had me in stitches. I hope the owner dare come forward :lol:

xxx

:thumbup:laugh.gif:yes::D:Dlaugh.gif

I haven't lost mi gigs by the way but your post has had me in stitches. I hope the owner dare come forward :lol:

xxx

Ali,

When are you going to change your "Signature"....:thumbsup: I think the lads have been punished enough now with your "Runners Up Spot Advertisment"..... LOL

Are you going to Scarborough? (Linda was asking coz she missed you at Brid)....:thumbsup:

Bridgey.......... XX

Just like to say a massive thank you to all the promoters and those involved in this fantastic weekender, we know how much hard work you put in over the last 12 Months.

Plenty of music choice for everyone with 5 rooms to choose from, loved the club room as this is where we were on the Friday night and the spot done by Bury Masonic Soul Club was superb, Sat night Rare room excellent and Sun night main room fantastic.

2011 Can't wait! :thumbup:

Send me some tickets over Rob.

Kev & Gloria

Edited by southandnorth

Just like to say a massive thank you to all the promoters and those involved in this fantastic weekender, we know how much hard work you put in over the last 12 Months.

Plenty of music choice for everyone with 5 rooms to choose from, loved the club room as this is where we were on the Friday night and the spot done by Bury Masonic Soul Club was superb, Sat night Rare room excellent and Sun night main room fantastic.

Kev & Gloria

Edited by southandnorth

Kev & Gloria

Thanks from all of us Kev

The 2011 tickets are going mad at the moment -so take orders and I will send yours down this week

Hope we can keep pace with the demand thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Rob

Guest bury masonic

2011 Can't wait! :hatsoff2:

Kev & Gloria

Thanks Kev for your comments,because it was all down to pat and his team for giving us the opportunity to play

for the first time at Bridlington which we loved with great eminence

The whole weekend was fabulous and the atmosphere was second to none, such a fantastic place!!!!

Cant wait for next year,as we have been invited back!!!

Now on to Scarborough to which i will be doing a spot for the first time ,so excited we have

cancelled our own venue to be their,so come on all you Manchester crowd get down to Scarborough and give us some support!!!!

Thanks again to Pat,Rob & Rob ,appreciated :thumbup:

Dereck ,Sheila & Killa

Bury Masonic Soul Club Next venue.....Saturday..17th July...With guests..Pat Bleasdale & Paul Harris

Edited by bury masonic

Would like to say a big thank you and well done to everyone connected with the Bridlington weekend absolutely brilliant :hatsoff2: This was the second time to brid and this year i went with a knee op looming so not much dancing for me !!!!!! How wrong could i have been because this time i found my way up to the R & B room on the Friday night all the dj's in there were top class and played tunes to die for and has for not dancing well that went out the bloody window and now I'm paying the price never mind that surgeons waiting . Had to keep out that room after Friday on the WIFES orders . Accommodation booked for 2011 this weekend is top drawer ... All the best ......Mark ( BAM )....... Oh yes and the WIFE mandy :thumbup:

Eyup BAM, Thanks for the kind comments. I was up there bashing a few out on Friday (and Saturday) and the turnout and reaction in the R&B room were fantastic. There's still a lot who don't seem to like R&B. That's a great shame, 'cos it has everything going for it, IMO, but I don't get chance to play it very often. I haven't enjoyed myself so much for ages. Thanks to all of you who made it so brilliant.

The whole weekend was fabulous, and I heard loads of great sounds in the R&U room too. Didn't want it to finish. Thanks to all the organisers for asking me to play and for putting on the best weekender I've ever been to. So, here's looking forward to next year.

ATB, John Moffatt

Well a week on and still enjoying thoughts of this event. Well done Rob & Karen Wigley, Rob Wicks & Pat Brady for building on previous success to firmly establish this as the top event and many many thanks for asking me once again to be a part of that.

Great to see old and new friends and sorry to those I meant to catch up with and didn't. Thanks to Mark Etheridge - it's a pleasure to DJ alongside you again mate and to Tony Hatfield and John Parker for inviting me to be part of the final hour threesome (oooeeerrr) on Sunday. Tony, have I got this right? - Upstairs - Carstairs, Downstairs - Spiral Staircase??

Spent most of our time in Rare & Underplayed but all rooms were good for us but especially enjoyed Tats in the club room, Kim Maddocks & Paul Seward in the modern room (didn't spend enough time in there) and John Moffatt in the RnB room which is now firmly established and was lively all weekend. Big shout to Trev Thomas for sticking with the impossible job of DJing to a nigh on empty room in the aftermath of the football, I enjoyed what I heard mate and from the look I had in your box, we all missed a good set!

All was well apart from the football but I'm sure ECSC are working on that............

Anyway, here's my playlists from all three nights. I think the 70's spot from Sunday night is as played but the rest is a bit of a jumble I'm afraid:

Tommy Frontera - (You're My) Leading Lady (Hi-Lite)

The Moments - You Said (Deep)

Mamie P Galore - No Right To Cry (Sack)

Vince Apollo - Can't Turn My Back (Pentagon)

Little Esther - If It's News To You (Savoy)

Joe Tex - I've Got A Song (Michelle)

George Cameron - My Heart Tells Me So (Portrait)

Orphelia McFall - He's Never There (Saturn)

Ike Strong - I Owe My Life To You (Bama)

Milton and Winston - You Lied (Falstaff)

The Trinikas - Black Is Beautiful (Pearce)

Tobbi Bowe - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away (Patheway)

Blue Sharks - These Things Will Keep Me Loving You (Grand Prix)

Lewise Bethune - Chi-Town Boogaloo (Sack)

Robert Parker - I Caught You In A Lie (Nola)

The Blue Jays - (It Depends On The) Point of View (Jay)

Mary Saxton - Losing Control (Pace)

Deena Johnson - The Breaking Point (Wild Deuce)

Bobby Day - Pretty Little Girl Next Door (RCA)

Freddie Houston - Soft Walkin' (ToTo)

Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make (Maxx)

Bud Harper - Wherever You Were (Peacock)

Billy Stewart - Every Day (I Have The Blues) (Chess UK)

Inez Andrews - I'm Free (Songbird)

Jackie Lee - Pershing Square (Capitol)

Sweet Nothings - Cry Baby Cry (Destination)

Marva Lee - If You Can't Be True (Atco)

Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away (MGM) many requests for this and yes, I admit it's better than the Tobbi Bowe!

Sylvie Vartan - Ne T'en Va Pas (RCA, France) glad you liked it Nikki!

Charles (Mr CC Carlson) - She's Not To Blame (Bold)

The Lovemakers - When You're Next To Me (Island)

Margie Joseph - I Can't Move No Mountains (Atlantic Test Pressing)

Oscar Perry - We're Gonna Make It (Quazar)

The Invitations - They Say The Girl's Crazy (Silver Blue)

Raj - Something Inside (Oak Tree)

Barbara Lynn - This Is The Thanks I Get (Atlantic)

Azie Mortimer - Little Miss Everything (RCA)

Willie G - Brown Baby (Gordo)

The Girls - The Hurt's Still Here (Memphis)

Checkmates Ltd - All Alone By The Telephone (Polydor)

Randy Brown - I'm Always In The Mood (Parachute)

Brown Sugar - The Game Is Over (Capitol)

Willie Pickett - On The Stage of Life (Soul Spot)

James Phelps - The Look On Your Face (Apache)

Bobby Taylor - Don't Be Afraid (Motown LP)

Moody Scott - My Lovely Lady (Straight Ahead)

Oscar Perry - I Got What You Need (Peri-Tone)

Carl Douglas - Lean On Me (CBS UK)

The Falcons - Got To Make A Move (Atkins All Stars)

Basic Black and Pearl - There'll Come A Time, There'll Come A Day (Polydor)

Betty Wright - Man Of Mine (Alston)

Loveman Ronnie Stokes - Touch You Again (Philly City 12")

Grover Mitchell - What Hurts (Vanguard)

The Innersection - Let Me Love You (Group 5)

Fletcher Walker III - Didn't We (Paramount)

Jr Walker & The All Stars - Gotta Hold On To This Feeling (Soul)

I think there may be a few more, have to check and edit later.......

Brilliant weekend, thanks and well done all.

John & Marolyn.

Eyup John, Thanks for the mention mate. I'm really chuffed you enjoyed my stuff. It was fabulous to have a room full of devotees! I enjoyed the R&U room particularly as well, and that last session of triple decking with you, Tony and John was unique in my experience. It worked very well - three guys all on more or less the same wavelength. Top stuff!

Sithee in August

ATB, John & Helen

Guest dazzzzler

Thanks from all of us Kev

The 2011 tickets are going mad at the moment -so take orders and I will send yours down this week

Hope we can keep pace with the demand thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Rob

let me know when sales on,buy one get one free,:hatsoff2: .

I think its about time you got off your donkey dazza as all that riding has sent your head spinning.

he's just a tight arse Paul or the donkey was . in fact he's that tight he had to go buy a pretend donkey and ride it :hatsoff2:

before paying to do it on the beach with a real un :thumbsup:

Guest dazzzzler

he's just a tight arse Paul or the donkey was . in fact he's that tight he had to go buy a pretend donkey and ride it :hatsoff2:

before paying to do it on the beach with a real un :thumbsup:

think its living in barnsley just lookin for a bargain .:yes: .best lookin ass in brid:lol:

Bridlington weekender Magazine #4

We have about 90 copies left of the official magazine. 32 pages, full glossy colour, loads of interesting articles and photos about the scene past and present.

Anyone who wants one please send a cheque for £3 to 23 Harley Close, WORKSOP, Notts S80 3BF

made payable to Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice--all the money goes to charity.

We shall be announcing the total raised during the weekender very soon, however we had to cancel the planned Auction due to the England game taking place, but if we can raise a bit more money with the programme sales that will all go on to the total thumbsup.gifWe also have mirror key rings and pin badge sets @ £2 each or 3 for £5 again order as above with cheques to Bluebell wood please

thanks

ECSCSC

Ive also just found some copies of weekender mag number 3 28 pages full colour glossy so anyone wanting numbers 3 & 4 make it £5 inc p&p

cheque to Bluebell wood childrens hospice address as above great read and something MORE than just a weekender programme

please help us raise money for this great cause www.bluebellwood.org

cheers

Rob

Thanks to all who have replied on the Whitby thread saying how fantastic the Bridlington Weekender was:thumbsup:

Just been on the phone and we have a special guest next year None other than Mr Rob Marriott will be attending the weekender next year:hatsoff2:

Be good to see you there !

Tickets for the 2011 Weekender are flying out like hot cakes, get them whilst you can :(

Rob

Kind of was Tim but have been playing it out a few times recently. Also gives me a chance to do a bit o 'wine up mi waist' dancing with Shelley:ohmy: :ohmy:

Must admit though it was the record after the last record if that makes any sense. Sound guys said play another if you like so slammed it on.

Was great to meet you Tim & finally put a face to a name. Glad you enjoyed it & I'm sure we'll meet up again soon now I only live just up the road.

What record was that Martin ?hypo.gif

Ali,

When are you going to change your "Signature"....ph34r.gif I think the lads have been punished enough now with your "Runners Up Spot Advertisment"..... LOL

Are you going to Scarborough? (Linda was asking coz she missed you at Brid)....:ohmy:

Bridgey.......... XX

Erm let me think :g: Shall I change my "signature" yet :g: :g: ................ :D:no: :no: :no::D:P

I'm pretty certain that I'm doing Scarborough :lol: but will hopefully see Linda before then thumbsup.gif I'm not too bothered about seeing you before then though :lol:

xxx

Erm let me think :g: Shall I change my "signature" yet :g::P ................ :D:no: :no: :g::D:P

I'm pretty certain that I'm doing Scarborough :lol: but will hopefully see Linda before then thumbsup.gif I'm not too bothered about seeing you before then though laugh.gif

xxx

:lol:....Your right Ali....:no: Sod em, keep it there till the end of the next one....:ohmy: Linda sends her love and says she will definitely catch up before Scarborough.

Has for me?? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...:D your a hard woman.... LOL :D.... :D ....:D ....:D ....:D.................. XX

laugh.gif....Your right Ali....:lol: Sod em, keep it there till the end of the next one....:ohmy: Linda sends her love and says she will definitely catch up before Scarborough.

Has for me?? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh...:D your a hard woman.... LOL biggrin.gif.... :lol: ....:no: ....:no: ....:no:.................. XX

Where is your play list mate ? can't wait to see it thumbsup.gif

Did you pick your tickets up for next year If not we can sort it

cheers

Rob

Where is your play list mate ? can't wait to see it thumbsup.gif

Did you pick your tickets up for next year If not we can sort it

cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

Now posted in the "Events Playlist Section". I did a full list in alphabetical order rather than listing each set.

KTF...................... Bridgey

(PS: Sent you a PM mate)

Edited by Bridgey

More playlists for Warren then come on :thumbsup:

Here ya go Warren

Friday Night's 'Friendship' session downstairs in Club Soul

Lee Bracket - Ruby - Excello

Soul Notes - Dont Make Me Beg - Way Out

Kelly & Soul Explosions - Talkin 'Bout My Babys Love - Dynamite

Just Dont Love You - Carbon Copies - Git Down Inc

Friday, Saturday & Sunday - There Must Be Something - Dig

Bernard Smith - Never Gonna Let You Go - Spectrum

Joe Garland - That's His Girl - EIA

Mike James Kirkland - Give It To Me - Bryan

Sideshow - Lonely Girl - Trey

Glen Miller - Where Is The Love - Dr Bird

Carl Hall - What About You - Columbia

Melvin Brown/James Mathews - Love Stormy Weather - Philmore Sound

Little Reuben - In The Name Of Loneliness - NR

Bonny Blanchard - Youre The Only One - CRS

Daphine Williams - i Love You - Yodi

Freddie Scott - Girl I Love You - Probe

Frank Hutson - Old Man Me - Goodie Train

Darrow Fletcher - Its No Mistake - Crossover

Sy Hightower - I Know youre Leaving Me - Carmen

J P Robinson - Our Day Is Here - Blue Candle

Admiral Ice - My Caroliner Girl - Admiral Ice

Mthumbsup.gif

Any more playlists from the weekender? Only 2 posted so far. Cheers Warren

Hi Warren

Here's mine from Saturday night 9:30 to 10:30 rare/underplayed room in no particular order..

Darrow Fletcher - What Have I Got Now – Jacklyn

El Anthony - We've Been In Love To Long - La Cindy

Flairs - You Got To Steal It – Rap

Barbara Jean - Any Two Can Play – Big Hit

Sound Masters - Lonely Lonely - Julet

Monterey's - It Hurt Me So - Arwin

Jerry & His Unique - Yes He Will - Lennan

Four Track - Like My Love For You - Mandingo

Four Arts - Who Do You Think You Are - Shee

Perk Lee-the Docks-Boss

Bonnie Blanchard - You're The One – C.R.S.

Robert Sanders & The Entertainers – What I Don't Know - VLV

Marva Josie - You Lied - Time

Misty Moore - Little Things - Pazazz

Chashers - Without My Girl - Uncle

Markeys - My Sweet Baby – T.C.B.

Joe Walker - This Is My Last Goodbye - Bold

Barbara Jean - Why Weren`t You There – Big Hit

Squires - Don't Accuse Me - Gee

Shaddows - My Love Has Gone - Golden Sound

Strides - I Can't Get Along - M-S

Bunny Sigler - For Crying Out Loud - Decca

Johnny Gilliam - Room Full Of Tears - Cancer

Arcades - There Got To Be A Loser - Triad

Gladys - Love - O-Gee

Don

Edited by DonKit

Hi Warren

Here's mine from Saturday night 9:30 to 10:30 rare/underplayed room in no particular order..

Darrow Fletcher - What Have I Got Now - Jacklyn

Flairs - You Got To Steal It - Rap

Barbara Jean - Any Two Can Play - Big Hit

Perk Lee-the Docks-Boss

Bonnie Blanchard - You're The One - C.R.S.

Robert Sanders & The Entertainers - What I Don't Know - VLV

Markeys - My Sweet Baby - T.C.B.

Barbara Jean - Why Weren`t You There - Big Hit

Gladys - Love - O-Gee

Don

Great set Don, love the Barbara Jean tracks, what a doublesider.

Anybody got more photos of the weekend we can use on our website bridsoul , please email me (put them in a Zip file) TIA Rob

Hi Rob,

Send you some on Sunday mate, when we get back from our Son's Wedding tommorow.

KTF............... Bridgey

Hi Warren

Darrow Fletcher - What Have I Got Now - Jacklyn

Flairs - You Got To Steal It - Rap

Barbara Jean - Any Two Can Play - Big Hit

Perk Lee-the Docks-Boss

Bonnie Blanchard - You're The One - C.R.S.

Robert Sanders & The Entertainers - What I Don't Know - VLV

Markeys - My Sweet Baby - T.C.B.

Barbara Jean - Why Weren`t You There - Big Hit

Gladys - Love - O-Gee

Don

Hi Don, we were in there to hear your spot, nice tunes, especially the El Anthony thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif what was the Blue Bell total cash raised ?

well done everyone

We raised a great total of £1,200.00

There are some bits and bobs still to come in as well from sales of stuff on here.

we hope to present the "Big Cheque" as usual to June Salthouse at the Worksop shop. There's a letter of thanks coming as well, plus a special mention to Russ and gang at the Driffield soul nights who raised £350 + through out the year It really is appreciated-as was your bucket rattling as well!laugh.gif

Total is down on last years as we did not do the auction and other stuff on Sunday afternoon due to the England vs Germany game We will probably move trhis feature to Saturday next year.

Another mention is for Shaun and the Wakefield boys who donated their sunday night "Beer Money" to "Help for hero's"--just waiting for confirmation of that arriving lads.

Thank you all who gave during the weekender.

ECSCSC

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley

THATS REALLY A GREAT AMOUNT EVEN WITHOUT AN AUCTION thumbsup.gif

thanks Toad-

we have plans afoot to try and double that next year-several things conspired against us this year

The Football, our auctioneer going AWOL and we forgot to bring the star raffle prizes like last year (which contributed a whopping £400 towards last years £1,700 total) still its good

and again thanks to all we know money's too tight to mention at the moment :ph34r:

R & K

This one. You know whats coming next :lol:

Great record -reminds me of living in Rotherham listening to the Sheffield "Pirate" stations in the middle of the night !

Still there must be something in the water in Nuneaton Martin--you'll be growing dreadlocks and asking for a reggae room at Bridlington next !!hatsoff2.gifAlso glad to see now your 50 you've ditched the hat !laugh.gif

The Wigley's

Source Advert