Milton And Winston - You Lied / Fallstaff

Mal C

• Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Just seen this on the bay at $1000 usd, is it known, is it worth that much?thumbsup.gif Mal.C.

It's quite nice, I only know it because I mended Carl's copy which was sticking, it's crossover, pleasant but hardly earth shattering. Think it's worth 300/400 quid?

Social source share

Got mine from Pat Brady in the 90s, it was something like £150 then.

Not worth $1,000 IMHO though I notice it has recently had a review in Manifesto from Uncle Barnyfather, so I am sure that will push the value up. :thumbsup:

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

It's quite nice, I only know it because I mended Carl's copy which was sticking, it's crossover, pleasant but hardly earth shattering. Think it's worth 300/400 quid?

As was shown by the one Manship auctioned the other month. i think it made about £430ish.. I like it but $1000?no.gif

Social source share

Sorry Kev, i've not got it if i gave that impression, but if anyone out there has one at a reasonable price? I'm ya mansmile.gif

The guy selling it on ebay has more than one ......i managed to blag one for less but he said he wouldnt be selling anymore cheapno.gif

That said ...it's been on ebay for ages at that priceyes.gif

Social source share

The guy selling it on ebay has more than one ......i managed to blag one for less but he said he wouldnt be selling anymore cheapno.gif

That said ...it's been on ebay for ages at that priceyes.gif

Yeah, i did email him with a offer but he assures me they been selling them for $1000 which made me think he's got a number of them. I wished him well with the sale but it wont be me buying at that price.

Social source share

rolleyes.gif

Sorry Kev, i've not got it if i gave that impression, but if anyone out there has one at a reasonable price? I'm ya mansmile.gif

g.gifYou sure mate?

Could have sworn you played it round at your gaff, we discussed Carl Willinghams copy, and I mentioned an old press cutting I found re M&W performing

t'other side live at a gig in the states when it was first released.

Or....maybe it was one of your other rarities, in which case senility has finally caught up with me! unsure.gif

laugh.gif You're not selling it by proxy for $1000 are ya? whistling.gif

Social source share

Yeah, i did email him with a offer but he assures me they been selling them for $1000 which made me think he's got a number of them. I wished him well with the sale but it wont be me buying at that price.

Another sold in the last 6 months, on Ebay I think, for £670.

blush.gif Sorry about the earlier confusion. I was mixing you up with John Alden. Yes, senility has arrived! hatsoff2.gif

- Kev.

Social source share

rolleyes.gif

g.gifYou sure mate?

Could have sworn you played it round at your gaff, we discussed Carl Willinghams copy, and I mentioned an old press cutting I found re M&W performing

t'other side live at a gig in the states when it was first released.

Or....maybe it was one of your other rarities, in which case senility has finally caught up with me! unsure.gif

laugh.gif You're not selling it by proxy for $1000 are ya? whistling.gif

Um, well, yes Kev, I did play it to you a while back - only problem is I am not John A, I'm John Al. :lol:

Mine cost me $100 (around £60 at the time) from the same seller but I got in quick and searched around a while before I got it. Caused quite a stir when I added it to my DJ spot as considered very rare at the time although a few more have turned up lately. I suspect the seller has added a zero as he has found out it is popular.

Sorry, Mr John A for the confusion this old dodderer has caused!

See you soon Kev ? If they are still letting you out that is! rolleyes.gif

John.

Social source share

Um, well, yes Kev, I did play it to you a while back - only problem is I am not John A, I'm John Al. yes.gif

Mine cost me $100 (around £60 at the time) from the same seller but I got in quick and searched around a while before I got it. Caused quite a stir when I added it to my DJ spot as considered very rare at the time although a few more have turned up lately. I suspect the seller has added a zero as he has found out it is popular.

Sorry, Mr John A for the confusion this old dodderer has caused!

See you soon Kev ? If they are still letting you out that is! rolleyes.gif

John.

thumbsup.gif Sorry John!

Letting me out? no.gif I think they're confiscate my laptop and my zimmer. laugh.gif

Social source share

• 9 years later...
On 14/09/2019 at 07:40, Blackpoolsoul said:

I apologise as this thread is old but has anyone any idea about the artists, as I think the pricing issue has been well covered 😀

I guess that they are brothers, Winston and Milton Hall.  The record was a Chicago label.  But, I haven't heard of The Hall Brothers.  It was produced by yet another Hall (father, or 3rd brother?).  I also haven't heard of the label owner James Hebel.  The label looks like it could have been pressed anytime between 1963 and 1967.  I never saw that particular record during my 13+ years of searching records in Chicagoland during the late '50s and 60s.  I did see a few other Falstaff Records, but can't remember the artists.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Robbk said:

I guess that they are brothers, Winston and Milton Hall.  The record was a Chicago label.  But, I haven't heard of The Hall Brothers.  It was produced by yet another Hall (father, or 3rd brother?).  I also haven't heard of the label owner James Hebel.  The label looks like it could have been pressed anytime between 1963 and 1967.  I never saw that particular record during my 13+ years of searching records in Chicagoland during the late '50s and 60s.  I did see a few other Falstaff Records, but can't remember the artists.

You are spot on with with the years Robb,it was recorded in 1967. Chris. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert