Whats The Most

hi all, as most i would love to own a collection of pristine 45s but this is pretty hard to do

we all must own lesser conditioned 45s within our collections

so whats your most battered 45? you know the one sits in the back of the box

looks like its been run over by a bulldozer, labels have seen better days to!

but the funny thing is, unless you manage to replace with a minter you just

keep it because, it might be a rarity, your favourite, sentimental reasons etc

ill kick off;

duke browner - crying over you - impact issue

looks like the above decription, but hey plays really well with just a few

pops hear n there

maybe some scans, to see who owns the most battered 45!!

but must be playable, and in one piece

russ

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest dundeedavie

Willie Jones - Where's My Money ...... i got it for nothing and it looks totally wrecked and plays like a dream

Social source share

hi all, as most i would love to own a collection of pristine 45s but this is pretty hard to do

we all must own lesser conditioned 45s within our collections

so whats your most battered 45? you know the one sits in the back of the box

looks like its been run over by a bulldozer, labels have seen better days to!

but the funny thing is, unless you manage to replace with a minter you just

keep it because, it might be a rarity, your favourite, sentimental reasons etc

ill kick off;

duke browner - crying over you - impact issue

looks like the above decription, but hey plays really well with just a few

pops hear n there

maybe some scans, to see who owns the most battered 45!!

but must be playable, and in one piece

russ

i love battered 45,s especially when you get them cheap from the states, i like to dream about who actually "battered" them, some one somewhere used and abused a copy a florence devore kiss me now before it ended up in a box in derbyshire, other ones ive got

belita woods-magic corner

startones- lovin you baby

someone somewhere played these 45,s in the states possibly when they were originally released, sorry cant do scans today will try later

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

i love battered 45,s especially when you get them cheap from the states, i like to dream about who actually "battered" them, some one somewhere used and abused a copy a florence devore kiss me now before it ended up in a box in derbyshire, other ones ive got

someone somewhere played these 45,s in the states possibly when they were originally released, sorry cant do scans today will try later

My Belita Woods - Magic Corner also looks trashed with writing all over the label, water damage, scuffs galore but both sides play really well (few pops and crackles)

It's my most loved record though.

Social source share

I have just gone through & removed all battered 45s from my collection, they are sitting in a pile & I'm trying to chip through it all & replace each copy with a as close to mint as possible upgrade, some of which are proving a challenge. I have a Christian Harmonizers on Hummingbird which is pretty hammered & a Montclairs on paula with gouges all through one side (luckily the slow "Dreaming out of Season" side), like it's been dragged across gravel, plays through but the clicks are kinda epic. There is that youtube clip of the Blind Lemon Jefferson 78 with the massive crack which plays through, makes me laugh.

Blind Lemon Jefferson with a crack

Social source share

mary love lay this burden down on a green and white demo looks like it was cleaned with a brillopad and graded by stevie wonder

kittens looky looky label totally knackered plays fine

oddly enough my issue of this looks an absolute disaster but plays fine. I can take care of myself (gene chandler) looks even worse but has no fidelity loss.... good old vinyl :yes:

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

'I believe in miracles' by the Jackson sisters, i got it off Manship's drop down auction thingy a few years back, it looks battered but plays 99% perfect, not bad for £7!

Ste.

Social source share

Has to be:

Ringleaders - Baby What Has Happened To Our Love - MPAC

Looks VG- but plays Ex.

There are some tunes that need the crackles IMO - like Scotty Williams - In The Same Old Way. It sounds much better with a few crackles in the opening few seconds and just adds to the atmosphere.

Social source share

Guest martyn

The Chaumonts - I Need Your Love on Carvelle ..................Looks like somebody tried getting the scratches off with medium grade sand paper . Why did I buy it I hear you you ask .........I was on drugs :P

Rosco & friend - Broadway Sissy on TEC .................Shocking condition , when the bloke selling on ebay graded it at VG + he must have seen me comming. Hats off to a criminal mastermind:wicked: , bless him :thumbsup:

Detroit Executives - Cool Off on Pameline ..................Was cheaper than an EMI Disc at the time . The grooves are probablly VG , but somebody has done a weird Maori type tattoo all over the label with marker pen . I didn't even realise it was a green 1st issue untill a couple of years ago I scratched the label with my thumb nail out of curiosity , what were they thinking of ?

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Jimmy Helms - the way it is, looks great but plays with an awful hiss all the way through and totally gutted it has to be needle damage :P

anyone got a decent copy for sale then i can chuck this one :thumbsup:

Social source share

Has to be The Boons - My Guy (Factory sample) on UK Tamla Motown realised the other day it has a bloody crack in the lead in grooves.

Does anyone know if this actually had a UK release....cant find info on it anywhere :lol:, (I can post up the cat no if required)

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Can't remember the title, but a single by The Wanted out of Detroit. Its that bad I've got no idea what it actually sounds like. May not even be a soul record!

Keep meaning to sling it, but the hoarder in me stops it happening.

Social source share

You see more battered copies of Belita Woods than clean.

Lovelites My Consience is the same

I like to think they were taken to Record Parties at peoples houses and played to death

Not sourced from warehouse floors in Chicago

BTW my own battered gem is Roger Hatchers Sweetest Girl plays through ok but full of pops and crackles

Listen to it on cd and spin the disc on my turntable sad!!!!!

Social source share

The Bobbettes white Rca demo of Happy go lucky me/ the last time. more snap crackle and pop than a bowl of **** *******.. label should be pristine white looks like its been in the wash wi my black socks. But i love it and play it every time i buy a new stylus.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert