2011-07-01: Whitby Soul Weekender

• Replies 77
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

First time at Whitby for about 5 years for me cos it always clashed with the Attic when we were running it. Had a great weekend, the weather was lovely, just being in Whitby is enough when its like that but the company I was in topped it off. Our gang have been mates for nearly 40 years and to be able to get away for the weekend, drink beer, take the piss and generally f*** about at our age is something special.

Oh and there's the music, the main room was as you'd expect and there was some nice stuff played in the marketplace (spent most of my time there) However the highlight of the weekend was the Saturday afternoon session in the Pier Inn.

Not sure who the guys running this were but I'd like to give them a big shout - the music played and the atmosphere in there was fabulous :rolleyes:

Top weekend :thumbsup:

First class weekender and for the Soul Couple, this event just gets better and better :lol: We would like to say a big thank you to all our friends who shared the weekend with us - there are too many to list BUT you ALL know who you are.

The music was varied but there was something there for most music tastes - you can't please all the people all the time! :D The Chill Out room has also improved and a lot of punters stayed in that area - Julian's spot early on Saturday was a real cracker :yes:

For us Sean Chapman and Richard Serling's spots in the Main Room on Saturady evening were first class but tops marks this year go Andy Bellwood who trotted out a mix of cracking old and new tunes. It was a shame that Andy had the 'graveyard' spot at 2pm on Sunday as the room was very quiet. He did also manage to slip in a few requests.

Mr Roberts perhaps a more popular timeslot is in order for Andy at next years event?

And last but not least a BIG thank you to Kev, Snowy and the rest of the team for promoting this fab weekener :lol: Looking forward to next year already :D

Had another great weekend in Whitby - how does Kev Roberts get the weather!

One minor gripe. DJ's please check what is being played!, the amount of times "Get Out", "Soothe Me", "Just Loving You" and others were played, then the next DJ came on and played them again!

As I a say a minor gripe, otherwise great venue, people, atmosphere etc, can't wait till next year!

Edited by jim g

Had a superb weekend in Whitby loved every minute managed to tick off all the other things I wanted to achieve in addition to attending the soul weekender.

• Visit the Abbey
  • Go to Robin Hood bay
  • Go To Staithes
  • Have a ride around the harbour on the jet speed boat
  • Visit the best of restautrants Esbek House
  • Have Breakfast on the edge of the coast at Sandsend
  • Get Derek to buy me a cocktail
  • Feel fit as a fiddle after negotiating many steep hills
  • Have afternoon Tea at the best of tearooms 'Bothams"
  • Visit my fave underwear shop "Fishnets"

Must say I am pretty "fished" out having chalked off lobster Thermador , sizzeling scallops , Halibut steaks , fresh crab and the most devine mackerel pate. I now long for beans on toast .

Lovely to see many friends and share some of our loved "special" sounds in the market place. Must say the Killer DJ for me was Killa , he was fantastic . I have never seen so many known Dj's on this scene go up collectively and admire what he was playing on the decks.

Big thank you for the cake Terry , master baker as well as a great spinner.

I didn't venture in the main room so I can't make any comment about repeat plays , but I understand the above posters concerns if the duplicates followed the previous set , thats not good . I can understand something like that happening two or three sets down the line , but not in the next set, so slapped wrists for whoever was responsible.

The market place gave every possible type/genre of soul and I didn't hear any duplicates... I guess that's because the object in this room is not to take you back ... but take you forward :thumbup:

My only concern is that the market place spinners need a better area to be able to thrill and inspire , I found if you were seated in the wrong place with the main room doors open quite often you ddin't get to hear the sounds too well because you were caught up in the middle of the two. Plus I noticed people really wanted to dance and were limited for space and also the bright lights on them were a bit off putting. also sometimes it was too loud ? which must have been an annoyance to the dealers.

Whilst walking down to the Pavillion I noticed a small bar area , wondering if that would be of use in the future maybe ?

I would also like to see new faces in the Market place area too, playing /sharing their collections to keep it "fresh" Killa was such an inspiration to us all , there are lots of collectors out there that would value this opportunity , we really need to give them a chance to shine.

Lots of pictures up in the gallery , they say it alll really , we had such a FUN time !

Edited by Carms

For us Sean Chapman and Richard Serling's spots in the Main Room on Saturady evening were first class but tops marks this year go Andy Bellwood who trotted out a mix of cracking old and new tunes. It was a shame that Andy had the 'graveyard' spot at 2pm on Sunday as the room was very quiet. He did also manage to slip in a few requests.

Find this post intriguing!! :thumbup:

Sean Chapman wasnt on in the Main Room Saturday Night!! biggrin.gif

DJ Shedule;;;;

MAIN ROOM-

SATURDAY- 2 Sam Evans 3 John Poole 5 Nev Shooter 6 Close

9 Eddy Edmondson 10 Richard Searling 11 Kev Roberts

12 Ginger 1.30 Nige Brown 2.30 Dave Ev 3.30 Close

Guest soulmaguk

Find this post intriguing!! :thumbsup:

Sean Chapman wasnt on in the Main Room Saturday Night!! :lol:

DJ Shedule;;;;

MAIN ROOM-

SATURDAY- 2 Sam Evans 3 John Poole 5 Nev Shooter 6 Close

9 Eddy Edmondson 10 Richard Searling 11 Kev Roberts

12 Ginger 1.30 Nige Brown 2.30 Dave Ev 3.30 Close

Few spelling errors going on there, thats not the issue though, perhaps Andy Bellwood has paid someone to post this up (this remark is a joke between two friends)(the 2 friends being Andy & myself) But that's not the issue either, the real issue was Richard Searling was an absolute top gent as usual, we had some great fun with him on Saturday night. He was best downstairs for me, playing some lovely lovely stuff. What did blow me away was Dave Evison's main room stuff, havn't heard some of those recs for many a moon.

Edited by soulmaguk

Few spelling errors going on there, thats not the issue though, perhaps Andy Bellwood has paid someone to post this up. But that's not the issue either, the real issue was Richard Searling was an absolute top gent as usual, we had some great fun with him on Saturday night. He was best downstairs for me, playing some lovely lovely stuff. What did blow me away was Dave Evison's main room stuff, havn't heard some of those recs for many a moon.

Very true :thumbsup:

As Carmen intimated , so so many Whitby weekender highlights - a soul weekender celebrating in style its 10th Anniversary and destined to run and run - part of the whole, unique experience which includes that fantastic coast (Runswick Bay just to the north is on a par with Robin Hoods Bay to the south) and the Moors. Within Whitby itself, The Art Caf in Baxtergate is a hidden gem/ an oasis of calm - great coffee and cakes. I'd also recommend a new discovery for us, Riverside Fisheries for ''take a way' fish and chips - a bit off the beaten track but exceptional even by Whitby standards (voted by the locals as No1 for 3 years running).

Went again to one of our favourite haunts - Sandsend and the wonderful Wits End Caf - only disappointed that Elle McPherson wasn't there this time !

The soul weekender itself was hard to fault - the event itself so well run and a credit to the promoters and their helpers, the Spa management and staff, the security team and of course everyone who travelled from far and wide , dressing to impress (or in the case of the Yocki undressing....), the music, atmosphere - just one big happy family.....great to catch up with so many.

Only one regret , didn't spend enough/hardly any time in the downstairs x-over/modern room (disappointed not to catch up with Steve Woomble). Heard great reports, not least about Sam Evans and Richard Searling's sets.

Main Room, caught a fair few of the DJ spots with their continuous floor filling sets - Richard Searling, John Poole, Ginger, Eddie Edmondson, Nige Brown, Kev Roberts, Snowy, Sean Chapman, the excellent Chris Dalton and Dennis Bradbury both making their Whitby main room debuts . Spun a few myself there on Sunday afternoon, was knocked out by the dance floor response to R L Burnside 'Its bad you know' and big thanks for the kind and appreciative comments (cheques are in the post :D ) . Later on, particularly enjoyed the rousing set from Sean Chapman which had a refreshing injection of ska and mod all contributing to the feel good Sunday evening party.

Having said all that, the music of choice for me was in the market place. Julie and John H deserve a special mention for hosting and their respective DJ sets - Soul Sam was breath taking in his choice of one off rarities and the tune of the weekend for me, Lloyd Williams 'I'm so in love with you' (Bamboo) ,

Finny played some particularly sweet x over & modern, Nige Brown and Carmen a great double decking set (Jimmy James 'Hey Girl ' sounded so good), Derek Mead - loved the Brook Benton/Dinah Washington 'Baby you've got what it takes' (Mercury) and Michelle Wiley 'Feel good'. York's Andy Hudson never disappoints and is firmly established as a Whitby freestyle favourite.

Big thanks to Killa for not (yet) mentioning my indiscretion during his set :lol: - sorry mate at times I just get carried away in my enthusiasm for the tunes you play, not least Danny Owens 'You're a little too late (Imperial) and Micky and his Mice 'Cracker Jack' (Marti).

Mustn't forget the Dave West ('Westy') contribution which I thoroughly enjoyed and captivated those in the market place with his underplayed and unusual motown set and can only hope he posts up his play list :wave:

Thanks for the Pms asking me to post my Friday night free style set - will do in the play lists section.

Andy :thumbsup:

£í¢"š¬í¢"š¬

GOOD TIMES HAD BY ALL....

FIRST THANKS TO KEV, SAM, SNOWY, AND THE WHITBY TEAM AND DJ'S....

WOW.... GREAT MUSIC ALL WEEKEND FROM THE NORTHERN ROOM, MODERN ROOM, AND THE COLLECTER'S ROOM, AND THE WEATHER TO MATCH HAPPY DAYS, GREAT FRIEND MADE TO OVER THE WEEKEND TO SEE YOU ALL SOON

SOULFUN AND LOVE SAM AND ANDY

Great weekend, loved the support. The Bradford four, who requested "Aware of love" Jerry Butler Thank you, loved playing a few tunes and listening to a lot more, The Dj's that stood out for me were Flinny from Doncaster, forgive me if I 've got your name wrong, top tunes and my kinda soul. Killa was awesome!. Kev Roberts, his knowledge is immense, and great to listen to. It was great seeing the best of double Decking from Nige and Carmen and the laughter, thats what it's all about. Derek Mead great spot Saturday Morn and John and Julie, you are playing some good stuff and thank you for the invite

must give Barry Cooper a mention for his great market place free style spot on Friday night - top marks for playing Ascots 'A few feet from the gutter' - seems some good things come out of Grantham apart from that aweful Thatcher person - i'm also convinced Cameron is her love child....laugh.gif

Great weekend, loved the support. The Bradford four, who requested "Aware of love" Jerry Butler Thank you, loved playing a few tunes and listening to a lot more, The Dj's that stood out for me were Flinny from Doncaster, forgive me if I 've got your name wrong, top tunes and my kinda soul. Killa was awesome!. Kev Roberts, his knowledge is immense, and great to listen to. It was great seeing the best of double Decking from Nige and Carmen and the laughter, thats what it's all about. Derek Mead great spot Saturday Morn and John and Julie, you are playing some good stuff and thank you for the invite

He was great wasn't he , I recall walking in on the friday afternoon and seeing him behind the decks and going up to him saying you know when I was here last year I wondered why you wern't playing , I was kind of looking forward to lots of "impressions" type sounds....having seen him at the first chillout session in Essex a few years back I kind of assumed he would play at Whitby... nice to see he is finally there thumbsup.gif , and what a surprise to find he makes great cakes biggrin.gif

Not sure what I am going to have as goals next year as I chalked most of mine off this year huh.gif certainley feel very refreshed by having a smashing weekend.

must give Barry Cooper a mention for his great market place free style spot on Friday night - top marks for playing Ascots 'A few feet from the gutter' - seems some good things come out of Grantham apart from that aweful Thatcher person - i'm also convinced Cameron is her love child....:D

Andy it was great to meet you on Friday, thanks for these comments, I really enjoyed the free style spot, and as others have said some great music played there, it was good that you could play tunes without the pressure of the dance floor.

I think its a great idea to play in the marketplace area it gives folks a chance to hear something different from the two other rooms.

Big big thanks to Julie & John for inviting me.....

Barry

ps playlist in Whitby playlist forum.

pps Andy my get out jail card is that I'm from Nottingham orginally :D

Great weekend again,.. I thought all the DJs were on top form,, My personal choice for best spots were Sat main room..Evison, Searling, Sam Evans, Eddy "E", But I was totally impressed with Andy Bellwoods Sunday session..some GREAT stuff was played and I loved The Burnside track..(LP is on its way) Well done...hope to see you all Next year... fromThe Dirty Dozen from Gateshead..

Edited by Vin

what a super weekender ! great weather, lovely company , top dj's with a great mix of tunes ... and packed to capacity :thumbup: whitby does it again , no bother smile.gif

roll on next year .:lol:

pete n' susan ktf

Why is it that the sun sets in the north not the west when in Whitby.....

Great weekend, great weather, great music - we loved it (as ever). Lovely to meet up with old friends especially Sean & Michelle, Derek & Bridget, Ian & Sue, Shaun & Gwen and Jeanette & Alec; and especially our very good friends Trevor & Margaret from Newton Aycliffe who by being there made the weekend perfect. Highlight for us was Richard Searling's spots in both rooms but especially downstairs. Big thanks to Kev & Sam and Snowy and to John & Julie for organising the market place DJs - the best one yet.

Mick & Bet Perrins

Well it's that time of the year again, Wonderful Whitby Weekender, the tide is high &

the sun is giving it large, So work you owe me enough time in loo, shove it where the

sun don't shine I'm on my way cross country to partake in fun & frolics plus I can revel

in the unfettered glow of the plastic Soulie, so as Slade said & because it's actually a better

version than Little Richards, "Get down & get with it".frusty2.gif

Hit the Cottage about 1pm, unpack & unload (In more ways than one) then across to join

Gaz,Claire,Ronnie,Kim, Alan & his lady (Think Michelle but could be wrong) then joined

by the Abbot & Costello of soul (Col & Champ), 3pm & skip a de do da down to Mr & Mrs

Snow to get me wrist ring sorted, then it "Hi" to Andy Hudson then down to where the

action happens with his Royalness Sir Kevin of the Roberts king.gif, into the main-room which is

almost empty, that won't last long, to catch Tizzy & Gill on the "Could have done better"

T shirt stall, back into the Foyer to meet the Nana of Soul Mrs Mummy Chapman with the

Lush as Liqueur Michelle & my little boy Sean. This is where I'll spend most of the

weekend except when I go on my scouting missions for "Right said Fred's" & Oddments

of the scene. Back to Chez Soul to await the arrival of Sir Mick of H & his trusty valet Ian

of Drivehim, first though it Haddock time (All together now, "It's Haddock time, da da de

dum, de dum, It's Haddock time"), alas poor Mick went on a quest of visiting each & every

Church in Whitby innocent.gif with Gary racing around like Linford Christie on acid trying to find him :hypo:,

well I know Mick & his sixth sense of direction, so I had a couple of hours kip, after my

repose I join the wandering minstrels 2 for drinks by the gas fire, Mick & Ian fancied an

Indian so they drank Gail's Bombay Sapphire Gin, Leon & Gail joined us then it was off

to see the Wonderful Wizard of Worksop.

The place was a packer, so full I never managed to leave the Market Place hardly & no

way could I reach Tizzy "T-Shirt" & Gill for a chat, over the weekend there were loads of

friendly faces in the guise of; Billy & (No one sweeter than) Nita, Ginger & Christine, Joey

Dunlop, the purple brigade of West,Pat,Richard & Julie, Ali & Many Mayor, Frenchie &

Denise Bellwood, Steve L Oldies lover,Stan, Dave & Wendy Owen, Andy & Di, Andre

(you'll always be Antoine to me) & Sue, Lovely Lush Michelle & Happy Clapper Chapper,

John & my favourite groper Michelle plus numerous other including half the population of Goole,

my God I can almost hear the Snake & Cherry People playing,hang on I feel faint.:ohmy:

Also there was the usual characters making it feel a little like a Circus side show, Beany

hat bell-ringer, Once I was Fred Astaire but now I'm dancing on thin ice in Elton John's

Brocade jacket man, The Dancing Bantam, Various portions of the Tiller Girls or was it

Attila Girls, Marianne Faithful's Mars Bar, Shameless & God knows how many styled by

Stevie Wonder & David Blunkett plus plenty of half mast bags & multi-coloured Swop

Shop pocket flaps, Footless tights or Leggings which weren't a good look when we were

18 & definitely not at 48 & men in shorts with socks & sandals, well it's like Benidorm

circa 1970 plus by the end of the night the Oldies crew become extremely territorial like

a Robin in a garden, dare you stray into their zone & it's nudge,nudge,barge,barge,:yes: the

Modern rooms not much better they seem to think their the Formula One's of Soul & throw

themselves around with gay abandon & no thought for who's eye they might take out, some

think their Beyonce but they remind me of Roy Castle, because he's a record breaker I hear

you ask, no because he was a tapped dancer, so to me they are Beyonce Castle's. Anyway I

stuck my head in the main room a couple of times through the night hearing "Are you ready

for this", which I wasn't & "Tell me it's just a rumour" & it wasn't nono.gif but boy were they having

fun & it was wall to wall bodies, heat & bar queue's sweatingbullets.gifbeer.gif. The first time we all ventured in was after

1am when the Cinderella's & Rockefeller had vanished & there was room to move, we still

had some zone patrol people there guarding their dance area but that was ok & anyway Mick

was on & he'd been told no speeches between 45's & he managed this till the last 45 min's

when he decided to share with the world his 50th Birthday plans & stories of the US & beyond,

don't you just love him, 3:30 arrived so it's back to ours for Toast & Tequila, by 4:30 I

surrender & hit the pit, followed not far behind by the rest of our jolly crew, by 7:30 Mick &

Ian have snuck out into the dawn mist & back into legend, "Who was that masked man?"ph34r.gif

Sustenance is needed when I join the wide awake club, so bacon butties all round, then a

fleeting wander to take in the waters & air of the East Coast before receiving the call to arms

from Nell, The Yockster & Pete who are indulging in the local ritual of elbow lifting in the

Granby, so back we stagger up Dead Man's Hill & show the Three Muesliers to their quarters,

once settle & pillows plumped to satisfaction it's off to the main attraction, after a couple of

hours of fun listening to Westy,Finny & other budding Jimmy Saville's including Nige Brown,

Soul Sam & Joey Negro Bellwood it's back to partake of the Keema Curry Club, got to line

your stomach & some of us have a hell of a lot of stomach to line,allegedly!!!!! Belly full of

grub I crash & burn, entering the twilight zone of contentment & fullness until 8:30, quick

shower,shite & shave & were up & running again, Yocky drags his crew to watch the David

Haye fight, I saw the highlights more like Gabby Hayes (The cook in all those John Wayne

westerns), whilst we go back in the Bear Pit. Once again we remained in the Market place

venturing into the Arena to hear Richard Serling, I was disappointed that he declined to play

probably one of his best finds, Cecil Washington, because he thought it wouldn't go, thought

he had more bottle than that,:g: he is after all a Legend on the scene.

The music was bang on in the market place & Killa played a blinding spot despite the fact that

Mr Sasha Distel Bellwood tried to sabotage the proceedings by asking about a record Killa was

playing & promptly stopping it & viewing it without realising it was the record playing at that

moment & only halfway through the tune, Homer Simpson time DOH!!!!!!!!!blush.gif Carms sat by the

picture window like Julia Childs dining on late night Smoke Salmon sandwiches on Brown whilst

the real Brown plied his trade in the big room, nice to know where you are in the pecking order,

food or support Nige?? Soz ard Nige I'm hungry after me speed boat tour & tourist bit. Kept

popping me head in big room to hear the swish of skirts & the snap of Spencers but on 3 occasions

I did this I heard the Parisians/Traditions - Twinkle little star, it was like cucumber,it was like

cucumber,it was like cucumber, repeating on me,on me,on me, you get the idea. By 1 again the

Part time party time people had retreated to their liars so once more we joined Leon,Gail,Ali &

Mandy etc by the stage for Northern Soul Line Dancing & I must say Dave Evison played a

fabulous set of Oldies you don't hear every 10th record or twice an hour, not one was a Top 100

tune that makes your teeth hurt cos you've heard it that often. So 2 big night over just the Sunday

wind down left, back to Little House on the Prairie where once more it was tea & toast plus

numerous stories of yor, which Jocko & his mate (?) loved nearly as much as he loved our beer

but at 5:45 I'm afraid we showed them the door, a man can only take so much or at least his body

can & mine had.

Sunday, Sunday looks good to me, also to everyone else as it's still glorious & sunny, so I sneak

out past Sleeping Beauty Pete on the chaise lounge or sofa to you heathens & out for a wander of

the Avenues & Alleyways plus to check the cars safe & not buried in Seagull Shite up to window

level, I've been lucky there not one dried chappati size abstract pattern in sight, so collect large

quantities of Mag's & Papers & sneak back past Sleeping Beauty who seems to be still waiting for

a kiss from a handsome Prince or is it a Frog? I think he'd be happy with either, after all he is with

Nell & Yocky. By 10:30 were all up & huddled in the Lilliput front room with Butties & Brews all

round plus more tales of misdeeds & horridness from our youth but wait the Barnsley Boys hear the

chink of glass so load the Battle Bus with belongings (Mainly there own) & head for a pick me up,

Gail & I have a wander around over the bridge up & down the cobbled streets before I cede & return

to my pit & coma ville, this was a blessing apparently because rumour has it that Yocky after some

much needed giddy juice hit the dancefloor like Wayne Sleep in a tank managing to keep his pants

at full mast but regaled in Sam Evans top which he filled admirably, to the point of breast envy,

thank the Lord I never woke till 7pm & was able to enjoy our Thai meal without images of Yocky

flashing through my head cavorting around like Frank Cannon in drag.:ohmy: Claire jumps the taxi & stays

in whilst we wander back down for the last couple of hours, our one & only mistake, we should have

retreated whilst we were winning because Mr Chapman had gone into Sunday Scooter mode, playing

whatever took his fancy, well I'm afraid Sean that "Wooly Bully" took away our fancy & we made a

dash for the door as fast as we could, I love you to bit's Chappers but there's no place for Reggae or

Ska at any Northern venue, keep it for the Rallies,please!!!!!!nono.gif

Anyway Mondays here & it's time to go home, the girls clean up, we have a last wander for last

minute nothings, a fond farewell to Leon & Gail who happen by, then it's off to Sleights & the best

Butcher/Deli in North York's, an hour later & it's all over for another year. Did we enjoy it? You bet

your arse we did, how could we not with friends & weather like that, so see you next year,same time,

same place, same Bat Channel, Thanks Kev,Sam,Snowy & Lynne we had another great time but were's

me 10th Anniversary badge?thumbup.gif

Take care, be safe & remember,"Take or leave us, Only please believe us, We ain't ever gonna be

respectable, It's our occupation, we're a dancing nation",

Spot.:shades:

Hey Pete enjoyed your tome as usual, a couple of the comments that you made I have to completely agree with, the one about ska at a a northern event should never happen. the comment that you made about Richard not playing Cecil Washington I also have to agree with, as one person who asked him for this and was greeted with the comment "I don't know how that will go down" astounded me, this followed a similar comment on Friday night when I asked for the Anderson Brothers, although thankfully that time the record was played (thanks Sean)

It did get me wondering again as i seem to be doing at too many events these days have a lot of DJ's lost the bottle to play something a bit different, I don't mean ultra rare records, but some of the great oldies that make the history of this great musical scene. All too often too many DJ's stick to the tried and tested favourite? top one hundred.

I had gone to Whitby and one of the things I had been looking forward to was hearing Richard Searling in the main room, but sorry Richard I feel that you joined the mediocre set the same as too many of the so called top DJ's.

AAAH, now having had a rant I did enjoy some aspects of Whitby, the music after 12:00 on both Friday and Saturday improved remarkably, enjoyed the records that I heard in the foyer, the sun was wonderful, and enjoyed spending time with good friends Dean and Gill. Also enjoyed meeting up with a lot of good people some not seen for ages. If we go again next year think we will chill out early in the evening and go into the venue late when DJ's are not afraid to play some good music that has not already been played two or three times in the evening.

Cheers Jimmy

Guest soulmaguk

"Once again we remained in the Market place

venturing into the Arena to hear Richard Serling, I was disappointed that he declined to play

probably one of his best finds, Cecil Washington, because he thought it wouldn't go, thought

he had more bottle than that,:g: he is after all a Legend on the scene."

Spot, we asked Richard to play Chris Bartley Going Out Of My Mind, his reply was do you think they will like that here. Thought at one point he was gearing the tempo down to drop it in, but to my dismay he played Wade In The Water. We followed him downstairs and 'Tony' (?) told him he didn't think that he had got into it very much upstairs. Richard nearly wet himself, thinking about it now he was answering a question with a question.

Thanks for looking after us until daylight mate, we owe Gail, Gary and yourself a few pintages.

Jocko.

post-5890-0-99049400-1310816903_thumb.jp

Edited by soulmaguk
  • 2 weeks later...

First class weekender and for the Soul Couple, this event just gets better and better :yes: We would like to say a big thank you to all our friends who shared the weekend with us - there are too many to list BUT you ALL know who you are.

The music was varied but there was something there for most music tastes - you can't please all the people all the time! :no: The Chill Out room has also improved and a lot of punters stayed in that area - Julian's spot early on Saturday was a real cracker :yes:

Mr Roberts perhaps a more popular timeslot is in order for Andy at next years event?

And last but not least a BIG thank you to Kev, Snowy and the rest of the team for promoting this fab weekener :thumbsup: Looking forward to next year already biggrin.gif

belated many thanks for your kind feedback - glad you enjoyed it - more of the same at Weston Super Mare weekender , Aug bank holiday :shades:

Great weekend again,.. I thought all the DJs were on top form,, My personal choice for best spots were Sat main room..Evison, Searling, Sam Evans, Eddy "E", But I was totally impressed with Andy Bellwoods Sunday session..some GREAT stuff was played and I loved The Burnside track..(LP is on its way) Well done...hope to see you all Next year... fromThe Dirty Dozen from Gateshead..

Belated thanks Vin , roll on next year @ Whitby :thumbup:

Source Advert