I'd Like To Order A Record Please

At least now people will know how to handle an enquiry from you in the future laugh.gif

They won't need to. I won't bother, other than from people I know already aren't so bleeding sensitive.

This site is like a total fucking madhouse.

if you're in with the in crowd then you can do whatever you want. If you're not then you better watch what you do or say, particularly if it involves one of the illuminati either directly or indirectly. Or even if they are not at all involved but have an opinion.

Sickening really.

Phil

Social source share

• Replies 76
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You're missing my point Phil, when you phone John and ask after a record and he says yes I've got one for sale...do you say 'thanks John, I'll let you know if I decide to buy it' or say nothing and put the phone down? I assume you say thanks and aren't actually ignorant enough to hang up without giving any kind of reply?

You assume too much. If I enquire, then I merely enquire.

If the seller asks if I want it; then, and only then, would I let them know - yes, no, maybe so. NOT otherwise.

The thread title is a general moan about lack of payment from some buyers, it wasn't directly aimed at you, if it was it would have read 'I'd like to enquire about a record......but will not not have the manners to let you know if I actually want it or not'. Plus I did not chastise you, the threads first post mentions no buyer or prospective buyer by name or username. It was your choice to ask if your enquiry was included in my comments about people not making any contact.

You DID chastise me in response to my question. Also your subsequent posts have contradicted your initial post in that you only mention "buyers" I am NOT a buyer. Merely an inquirer.

As for your numbered points,

1. As I said in an earlier post I did not assume you were going to buy the record but did assume you would let me know either way. Once I received your PM the record goes on hold until I hear back from you, I have to do this because many enquiries such as yours are made because people want to buy the record and they would be very annoyed if I sold it to someone else after they asked about it. So until I know for certain if you intend to purchase or not I can't sell it to anyone else.

Why not assume that I don't intend to purchase unless I let you know that I do? If a business (like mine) assumes that everyone who enquires wishes to buy, and consequently doesn't sell their stock to anyone else they would go bust

2. I never said you refused to pay. I said you showed a lack of manners by not making any further contact.

3. There was a need to make further contact because unless you do how am I meant to know you don't want it?

Because I never said that I DID want it

Simple?

I think so. You appear to wish to needlessly complicate things

Edited by phild
Social source share

Phil Dick has purchased a a number of VERY expensive 45's of me over the last 2 years, his payments are very prompt like 3 mins after a deals been done.

We barter however my rule of thumb is unless I have cleared funds it aint a deal.

PD

Thanks Paul.

I have always found you incredibly easy to deal with and no evidence of undue sensitivity when I haven't bought a record I've enquired about thumbsup.gif

Phil

Social source share

They won't need to. I won't bother, other than from people I know already aren't so bleeding sensitive.

if you're in with the in crowd then you can do whatever you want. If you're not then you better watch what you do or say, particularly if it involves one of the illuminati either directly or indirectly. Or even if they are not at all involved but have an opinion.

Sickening really.

Phil

Rubbish !! you use it to sell your new rekids though.............how about the illuminati who are they ? if you had not been so sensitive and not joined in Adams post we would be none the wiser...............but yeh its a madhouse biggrin.gif

Social source share

Sickening really.

Phil

So do you want the record or not ????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Social source share

This really is a funny as fook thread/moan/whinge.

"hello mate have you still got the ????"

"yes"

"thanks"

end of job done unless its then followed with something along the lines of "can i reserve it, please" then it can only be seen as an enquire, not a sale.

When you ring an insurance company up for a quote, is that a commit to buy??........NO. Chances are you have rang around all fucking day trying to get the best deal, its only a commit to buy once payment or deposit is payed.

Buy It Now on ebay........just because some tit pressed buy it now do you rush off to post office to send out the record without having cleared funds........NO

P.S.

What was the record?, was all of this worth all the mud slinging?

Social source share

Rubbish !! you use it to sell your new rekids though.............how about the illuminati who are they ? if you had not been so sensitive and not joined in Adams post we would be none the wiser...............but yeh its a madhouse biggrin.gif

Yep. I do use it to sell new records through. But I have and do sell far more old records.

And you're right, I shouldn't have joined in, but we had just finished the month at work and I was bored :lol:

Phil

Social source share

This really is a funny as fook thread/moan/whinge.

"hello mate have you still got the ????"

"yes"

"thanks"

end of job done unless its then followed with something along the lines of "can i reserve it, please" then it can only be seen as an enquire, not a sale.

When you ring an insurance company up for a quote, is that a commit to buy??........NO. Chances are you have rang around all fucking day trying to get the best deal, its only a commit to buy once payment or deposit is payed.

Buy It Now on ebay........just because some tit pressed buy it now do you rush off to post office to send out the record without having cleared funds........NO

P.S.

What was the record?, was all of this worth all the mud slinging?

Benny Hill - Ernie, The Fastest Milkman In The West - White Demo :lol:

Social source share

Don't wish to apply this to anyone on this thread as I've not read many of the postings but I do think the way we sell and buy records on the scene generally bizzare. If I went into a clothing shop and tried on a jumper, said I loved it and said I'll be back later to buy it; I'd not expect to be arrested for not coming back. I also wouldn't be surprised if the shop had sold out if I returned the next day.

What does surprise me is the haste some sellers post 'sold' or 'on hold' after listing their sales. On one hand it's nice to let people know your sales have been successful but it puts off potential bidders if they see it's been sold or is on hold.

Personally I never put sold or on hold on any of my lists due to the fact that you do get people who's eyes and wants lists are bigger than their paypackets. Not something I get angry about either. I let buyers know that if I don't get the money then the record isn't theirs and I'm still open to offers later. Many times I've had requests for tunes I listed many months previously which I could have listed as sold at the time but didn't get the dosh.

My advice, for what it's worth, is don't count a record is sold untill you withdraw the money from your paypal account or until the cheque is cashed. It's always worked for me. I thangyou.

Social source share

Don't wish to apply this to anyone on this thread as I've not read many of the postings but I do think the way we sell and buy records on the scene generally bizzare. If I went into a clothing shop and tried on a jumper, said I loved it and said I'll be back later to buy it; I'd not expect to be arrested for not coming back. I also wouldn't be surprised if the shop had sold out if I returned the next day.

The shop has multiples of the jumper; I've only got one copy of the record and I need to sell it.

Social source share

Can I draw your attention to the title of your thread "I'd Like To Order A Record Please.... but will not pay or make any further contact"

1. I never ordered any record, or indicated that I would like to order a record - you clearly understood this as in your reply you said "Yes it's still here mate so yours if you want it". I clearly didn't want it or I would have replied.

2. Never refused to pay as I never ordered anything so no payment was due

3. There was no need to make any further contact until there was any further action to be taken, as I didn't want it.

Simple?

Phil

Hi Phil

Have read this thread through in its entirity ,and it's so frustrating to see you coming across as some some kind of scapegoat by way of your replies.

The point Adam is trying to make is not that you've welshed out on a deal ,but the fact you can't see how it's merely a common courtesy , to reply to a pm to let him know that you do or don't want the record.

Boot on the other foot .....if you pm'd him with your original question but really wanted the record , and he never replied back ..how would you react??

Nobody's perfect and we've all made mistakes ,but it does'nt make us bad ..just ignorant at times ..and ignorance is bliss.

The lesson from this for anyone who is reading ...if you pm someone for a record and then change your mind ,do the decent thing and let the seller know ...even if you do spin a yarn ,it does'nt matter ..what matter's is the seller can re-list his record or better still ,sell it to the 2nd person who asked for it.

ATB

Nev

P.S anyone who's emailed or pm'd me regarding a copy of Dee Edwards-why can't there be love ,that i listed and sold a few months back ,and i havent replied back to you....it's cos i'm f**kin sick of replying to em..it sold for a paltry £40 just as the adidas ad appeared:angry2:

Social source share

Hi Nev,

My response below ....

Hi Phil

Have read this thread through in its entirity ,and it's so frustrating to see you coming across as some some kind of scapegoat by way of your replies.

The point Adam is trying to make is not that you've welshed out on a deal ,but the fact you can't see how it's merely a common courtesy , to reply to a pm to let him know that you do or don't want the record.

Boot on the other foot .....if you pm'd him with your original question but really wanted the record , and he never replied back ..how would you react??

I would send a chaser PM asking if he wanted it, unless I'd already sold it to someone else. Which I would have if someone else had actually "ordered" it, or expressed a desire to actually buy it.

Nobody's perfect and we've all made mistakes ,but it does'nt make us bad ..just ignorant at times ..and ignorance is bliss.

The lesson from this for anyone who is reading ...if you pm someone for a record and then change your mind ,do the decent thing and let the seller know ...even if you do spin a yarn ,it does'nt matter ..what matter's is the seller can re-list his record or better still ,sell it to the 2nd person who asked for it.

I agree, but in my case I never actually asked for the record. Just made an enquiry. I can see now that people view these situations differently, and it's probably best that I don't make enquiries in future to people I haven't previously dealt with. Will ensure there's no confusion.

Phil

ATB

Nev

P.S anyone who's emailed or pm'd me regarding a copy of Dee Edwards-why can't there be love ,that i listed and sold a few months back ,and i havent replied back to you....it's cos i'm f**kin sick of replying to em..it sold for a paltry £40 just as the adidas ad appeared:angry2:

Edited by phild
Social source share

Still! :D

ATB

Greg. :huh:

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Philip - great to read you have relaxed and ezzed your troubled mind today so much more than yesterday, cause that surname of yours was becoming very fitting.wink.gif

Social source share

Philip - great to read you have relaxed and ezzed your troubled mind today so much more than yesterday, cause that surname of yours was becoming very fitting.wink.gif

??? Please explain.

I'm no more relaxed than I ever have been, and my mind has never been troubled.

Also, only my mother calls me Phillip. And I don't think that I even know you???

Phil

Edited by phild
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

And I don't think that I even know you???

Phil

Remember you calling at JDA on Harrogate Road - Bradford when me and Frank Elson worked together in copywriting, you had a mate called George Sharp who went round telling all the normal people in the printing industry - I took drugs. And that was correct, but that wanker Sharp, he worked up Wakefield Road at some printers. George was a brief Stafford and Bank Hall Miners DJ, who, whilst off the scene was a fat faced smiling assassin.

Remember you sweating like a fucker for Crofty - sweeping the main hall at the Queens at 8.00am. Last spoke to you outside the sandwich shop on Idle main high street, 2004 telling me what a great mailing list Pat Brady put out.

I couldn't fuck off fast enough from you.

Nick

Social source share

Remember you calling at JDA on Harrogate Road - Bradford when me and Frank Elson worked together in copywriting, you had a mate called George Sharp who went round telling all the normal people in the printing industry - I took drugs. And that was correct, but that wanker Sharp, he worked up Wakefield Road at some printers. George was a brief Stafford and Bank Hall Miners DJ, who, whilst off the scene was a fat faced smiling assassin.

Remember you sweating like a fucker for Crofty - sweeping the main hall at the Queens at 8.00am. Last spoke to you outside the sandwich shop on Idle main high street, 2004 telling me what a great mailing list Pat Brady put out.

Nick

Can't speak for George Sharp, as although I know who he is obviously, I've never actually hung around with him or been his mate.

I didn't sweep the floor at Queens Hall, but did once at Leeds Astoria for the TV cameras. We had cleaners the rest of the time.

Pat has had some great mailing lists, but I've not had one through the post in about 20 years, nor bought a record off him in about the same time. Did sell a lot to himj though in mid 1997 or so.

Phil

Edited by phild
Social source share

Well, I did actually!

But if you're going to ridicule me in front of the whole forum - forget it!

Sorry, no offence meant. It's just that enquiring as to availability is the new "i'd like to buy"

You can have a 10% discount :yes:

Social source share

Nick

:lol::yes:

Social source share

I buy allot of records of people on here, as you all no doubt do.. but I do sometimes simply forget I've emailed somebody, or for one or another reason just not get round to getting a cheque out the door...it's happened to me as well quite recently where i simply never heard from a chap that committed to buy..

Think the suggested 24 hour rule unless you agree another time scale works, that way you keep talking to your buyers not waiting the cheque that never comes...

mthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Im not defending or supporting any one here. i sell machinery we get enquiries that lead to proposals and some times we can not get any response by email phone or letter after we have quoted drives us mad the ignorance of some people. if any one works for a profiling company my apologies i did not mean you;)

I sell footage and images to Tv, allot of my clients will agree a sale by email, even issue a Purchase Order, receive the product include in a rough edit, feature in an On-line edit... but may at any time up-to submitting the Program to their client still go back on their commitment, Drives me F*** Wild.. cause all your agreements can go south in a day right at the end of the Month..!!!

I should get into the farming business, and stand in a field!!

m

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert