Children At Allnighters

Children at Allnighters  

1. 1. Children at Allnighters

• YES
    • NO

Guest soul over easy

the lad loves the retro look.... as some of us do...it's harmless and fun ...thats all ..so yes it is his choice ! they are,.. as a matter of interest original spencers from the seventies ...... nice to see the trousers out soulin again too lol :thumbsup:

pete n' susan

and guess who taught little ethan that move with his hands above his head casper? you know it brother it was me go on ethan if you gonna dance northern soul do it with style tiny terror !!! ktf casper carrot and sue.
Social source share

• Replies 263
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

and guess who taught little ethan that move with his hands above his head casper? you know it brother it was me go on ethan if you gonna dance northern soul do it with style tiny terror !!! ktf casper carrot and sue.

NICE ONE PAL ....... you`ll always be his dancing stepdads ..... ( His words not mine ) sez he`ll push you around in your wheelchair when hes allowed to go

Social source share

Hi Billy I took him home late this one pal ..... 2.30 he usually stays tll about 1... 1.30 . He prefers to go to an all nghter , as he gets to hear tunes that he cant hear at a soul night, or download from you tube . etc.

His favourite Djs happen to be Kev Murphy ... Andy Dyson .... Karl Rhodes Sean Chapman ... Nige Brown ..... non of which are likely to play rare tunes at a soul night.

He wears retro clothing because HE wants to ...... Outside of soul nights he wears Doc Martens , Levis, Ben Shermans , and has asked for a Crombie for christmas. and his mates dont say a word... he is what he is .... a soulie

He is the 5th of 7 children that vary in age from 38 down to 8 and is the only one to Choose Soul as a passion .... I spend as much time with Him as I do with his brothers , sisters , and my grandchildren and their hobbies that are as varied as Football , Drawing , Soul music , fishing etc so on any given day i am as likely to be found collecting worms as collecting records. Still finding time to pay the bills, be dads taxis, personal banker for children that left home while they still knew everything, Have sore knees , MOT the car Etc. And still Be PROUD OF ALL MY KIDS.

He is so motivated, when i cant be bothered he has been known to resort to bribery, with such things as IF i iron your shirt and do your pants can we go ??? LOL.

Accademically he is n the top 5% of his year at school and his gong to venues has been dependant on that being maintained.

He will be 14 at the beginning of september and as such not A CHILD ...... HE IS A YOUNG SOULIE....... He is more mature than many of the ADULT ??? people that go to all nghters. AND Certainly more emotionally stable than many of them.

He Does know what devils work is done at all nighters and is mature anough to turn a blind eye to it.

What I cannot understand is how actually has his presence at a venue affected someone else???

Cheers Billy Regards and Respect ......Brent

And to the others ... You Know Who you are .......

Has he shit on someones chair ??? or in your manbag??? or is he just a better dancer or more passionate soulie ???

Have you some emotional hangup about youngsters ???? Why start a thread about youngsters in the first place that was bound to turn into a witch hunt. or was that your agenda??? well done you PEADOPHOBE ! What Harm was he doing ???

Never mind Victor Meldrew ...... More like John Wayne Gacey.... Hope your fukin proud of yourself.....

And thanks to the knob who took it upon themselves to contact a venue owner ...... The youngster has been asked not to attend again. Well DONE ... we have our suspicions who?

At this moment I would be ashamed to call myself a soulie with a spirit of tolerance and acceptance.

Please now can we call an end to this witch hunt ......... you win.

Brent - That is a great shame.

To be honest I could not see the point of this thread as in all the years of me going to "nighters" I personally have only come across 3 "children" (2 of which have been named previously) & the other was a girl from South Yorkshire (can't remember her name but she'll be grown up now- I think she was 14 or 15 at the time) & she used to go with her mum & dad.

Their prescence does not bother me one bit or interfere with my enjoyment. I know in Ethan's case he doesn't stop all night, a bit like me really :thumbsup: so it's very petty of someone to take away these few hours of enjoyment that Ethan finds on his own doorstep. At Radcliffe there are 3 rooms so if there is someone in one room that is causing you concern (even if it is a young lad dancing his heart out to the music oblivious of what's going on around him as he is totally into the music) , you just go into another room.

Anyway I know there will be many who disagree me but I dont care as I have met these "children" & know they are passionate about their music & let's hope it continues.

Keep your chin up & if I were you I would avoid this thread like I'm going to do from now on as it is upsetting seeing them getting pulled apart.

Take care

Ali x

Edited by Alison H
Social source share

Completely changed my mind since I read about someone snitching to a venue, social services being mentioned etc... Jesus it's like reading the Daily Mail! If and when we start Northallerton up again kids, pets, grandparents etc... are welcome!!!

A slightly annoyed and possibly pre menstrual Comrade Moustache

Social source share

..............several folk on here have decided to personalize this thread to one individual who im sure is a lovely lad from a caring home, who enjoys his music....................... but the thread is about children at niters ............not an individual child.................ezzie.........

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Shocked that anyone would stoop so low as to complain to the venue...:thumbsup:

Yes me too.

I notice Mr anonymous has not even had the common decency

to post on here that he did it.

What a coward.

I mean posting on a thread on a forum that you disagree is one thing.

But being Judge,Jury and Executioner in reality is another.

I am really disgusted with whoever it was.

I am in two minds now weather to even step foot in the venue that has banned the kid,just out of protest.

Stu.

Social source share

Yes me too.

I notice Mr anonymous has not even had the common decency

to post on here that he did it.

What a coward.

I mean posting on a thread on a forum that you disagree is one thing.

But being Judge,Jury and Executioner in reality is another.

I am really disgusted with whoever it was.

I am in two minds now weather to even step foot in the venue that has banned the kid,just out of protest.

Stu.

Hi Stu

You have our thanks and utmost respect for your support of the lad, but could i please utter a word of caution.

I understand that the decision to ask him not to attend did not sit at all well with the promoter of the night, but was in fact instigated by a call or "quiet word " with the management of the venue, made by someone who obviously has ther own agenda.

I can say that the promoter has shown nothing but support for the lad in this matter. And Deserves nothing but Respect and Support for the way he has helped and supported us in the promotion of "The Horwich All Nighter " venture. ???

Maybe as we have, you could look at who might gain from throwing " shit at the fan " ???? Sitting back and watching the reaction. ??

Who would gain from reducing attendances at particular venues ??? We both ask you to not to let the venue sabateurs Win ?

Finally Stu .... We are proud to call you a fellow Soulie ....... Regards and Respect .... Brent.

Social source share

Guest dancedancedance

I can't say I've noticed a problem with venues being over run with kids, nor do I see them as dens of iniquity which children would need protected from so I find it difficult to see why this subject has attracted so much heated debate. :ohmy:

They are soul dos and should be open to anyone with a passion for soul regardless of age. If the kids are only there because of lack of babysitters that is another matter.

Social source share

Whilst i cannot condone juveniles being at allnighters i dont have a serious problem with it either if they are genuine ,Christ lets face it they are better behaved than some of the pissheads/handbaggers that frequent some events. Allnighters / dayers are no longer the dens of wrong doing they once were far from it and i would say they are a whole lot safer than a night on the town for a underage drinker with all the illicit substances that are available so freely these days. So whats the differance today on the nighter scene today than in the seventies i would say age range and numbers, but there were no moaning old farts

How many on SS first attended a nighter/ dayer aged 13 i for one did firstly with the alldayers at Samanthas then the first allnighter in 73 fortunate for me my peer group were in the age range of 18 to 22ish not once was i made not to feel welcome or told i didnt belong , so how could i say a deffo No i was once one of them

Maybe its a case of some adults whizzing their tits off at 50 that are uneasy with that fact but we didnt have that in the 70ts.:ohmy:

Social source share

Allnighters different to Alldayers and Weekenders. At the later most accept that children maybe present at some point, as they maybe in any other bar / restaurant with due parental control / supervision. It may well facilitate the attendance of some people at these events, in whole or part.

In my experience I have never seen any problems caused by children attending, and that experience is primarily limited to Karen and Lottie. As long as the parent takes due control and supervision and above all responsibility and the child acts sensibly.

If events have a strict policy, just make it known and pop it on the flyer. Will also be clear for those that attend.

I guess the law is the law and that must override and whilst a "blind eye" is maybe shown to the odd one or two, if it was indeed 20 or 30, then that would be different. The law doesn't tend to do grey mind........

I was in a bar at 14 / 15, so don't wish to be too "holier-than-thou" ............

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

I have been thinking over the week end,of all whats been said,and actions that have been taken due to this thread.

Just wondered if anybody had stopped to think of certain consequences,that could possibly happen,if a family were banned from a certain venue.

Here is just a hypothetical scenario below.

Lets just say a family of 2 parents and a child are banned from a venue.

That family has 10 friends who usually go wherever they do.

Those friends have 10 friends that do the same.Total 23 people counting the child,who do not go to the venue that have banned this family.

If its say £10 per head to get in,that is a loss of takings on the door of £230.

Not even considering the loss of bar takings.

Lets take this 1 step further now.

So takings are down and numbers are down. so promoter might be losing money,so pulls the plug on the venue.

OUTCOME ; Venue shuts down and promoters,management and punters all lose out.

This all might sound a little extreme,but when you stop and think on our small scene,it only takes one popular person to be banned from somewhere and then things escalate.

Just food for thought people.

Stu.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Imagine the scenario...Parent takes child of 13/14 years of age to niters. Friend of parent, also another parent who attends same functions , has child in same school who is of the same age but does not attend NS functions. Imagine the implications should the young attendee find some reason for not only describing what goes on at niters to their peers but also giving details of what the non-attendee's parent gets up to especially if artificial stimulants are involved. Don't even go there if the teachers over hear anything. The implications then, simply because the source stems from "minors" within school property, could involve not only promoters, amongst many, but what a story for the press.

I met Ethan the once at an all-niter up north and was impressed with his dancing and his enthusiasm. His Dad was nearby at all times for the short spell they were near me. I have to say that at his age I was attending Soul nights 8-11 at do's in P'boro and didn't venture into the niter scene till I was 16. I just feel that there is so much "underhand and sneaky goings on" around at our niters that we shouldn't allow children to see that we are content with them being in that environment.

Back in the early 90's I put on my first event, an all-dayer, which was attended by a couple of minors and although the atmosphere was very mild (remember we were down south) I recall thinking in hindsight after the event how wrong it was for me to allow the minors in simply due to the fact that it made certain adults, including the promoters slightly uncomfortable. Since then I've had reasonably strong feelings on the subject.

Edited by SteveC
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

no matter how old a child is there are laws and many other things in place today to protect kids and it aint 1970 no more when everyone was young and no old gits like today, would i take my kids to an allnighter :no: do i care if there was the odd kid at an allnighter just at an age where it started for oh so many and with the same passion :no: no cos im to off me head on soul and everything that a nighter brings but would i then be uncomfortable if surrounded by lots of kids :yes: the odd child like Ethan & Lottie are exceptions (at the moment) but if it escalates then where do we draw the line, imho no matter how noused up a child is on adult thingy majigs etc etc should they really be exposed to it and should adults that go to nighters to escape from whatever they escape from have to be in a child accepted and attended enviroment (guess this is what the thread is about) now my kids know a thing or 2 about things and have done from a young age cos they couldnt help but be aware of it but thats my life and surroundings and something that was there before they came along, life changes people change but this nighter scene nowadays imho is NOT for kids, sorry but thats my opinion, lots of soul nights and alldayers to quench there first for now and yeah its a cruel world at times but dont we all already know that :yes:

did i vote :no: reason being i got a mental age of 12 and dont want to be up for discussion :D

Social source share

They should ban records by pre- teenagers then,bet half you collections would disappear........little carl carlton,little stevie wonder,little soul bro's,etc etc etc.

Social source share

Guest ang b

You wouldn't take youre kids to a night club or pub session at weekends & because of the age limits so why to a nighter, they should have an age limit for under 18's at niters with what goes on aswell, pubs don't allow children in after a certain time & thats how it should be i think too, adults want to go out to get away from kids aswell, i think it a big NO NO

Social source share

You wouldn't take youre kids to a night club or pub session at weekends & because of the age limits so why to a nighter, they should have an age limit for under 18's at niters with what goes on aswell, pubs don't allow children in after a certain time & thats how it should be i think too, adults want to go out to get away from kids aswell, i think it a big NO NO

a lot of night clubs are 21 plus only....

Social source share

People keep mentioning it's ok for children at all-dayers as though none of the drug/drink escapades occur during daylight hours. They do. So why make a recommendation just because it's in the day? :D

Social source share

what has the age of the recording artist got to do with children in all-nighters?

Just the fact they are Kids, why would anyone who don't want kids round wanna' dance to em' ??? might aswell go the whole hog,i'm changing me vote back teenagers get enough of a hard time...........

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

a lot of night clubs are 21 plus only....

A lot of night clubs should maybe be 31 or 41 plus

Judging by some of the idiotic and childish things i have witnessed in the past.

Stu.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

People keep mentioning it's ok for children at all-dayers as though none of the drug/drink escapades occur during daylight hours. They do. So why make a recommendation just because it's in the day? :lol:

thats a good point Karen :lol: dont know the answer to that either cos like you say same characters at both and ive seen some messy peeps at All Dayers and soul nights etc, ok its way past their bed time :thumbsup:

Social source share

thats a good point Karen :lol: dont know the answer to that either cos like you say same characters at both and ive seen some messy peeps at All Dayers and soul nights etc, ok its way past their bed time :thumbsup:

Well, Lottie stays up later than me usually... try again :lol:

"underhand and sneaky goings on"

I say this with all honesty... I've not seen anything of that nature myself. Perhaps I'm just blinkered and not looking for anything? I always miss the gossip! :lol:

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

There is some unsavoury charachters in every shopping precinct in England on a saturday afternoon,so do you stop your kids from going.

I dont think there is any right or wrong answers to this thread,every parent brings there kids up differently and maybe sees different dangers to others.

Example i never let my kids have a pushbike,motorbike or scooter. for fear of some nutter on the road killing them.

Maybe we should give kids a little more credit than we do.

Stu.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

There is some unsavoury charachters in every shopping precinct in England on a saturday afternoon,so do you stop your kids from going.

I dont think there is any right or wrong answers to this thread,every parent brings there kids up differently and maybe sees different dangers to others.

Example i never let my kids have a pushbike,motorbike or scooter. for fear of some nutter on the road killing them.

Maybe we should give kids a little more credit than we do.

Stu.

yep your right Stu on all points and yes we all do bring our kids up in different ways :thumbsup: i like you know my kids and i do what i feel is right by them and no doubt your the same, but this thread is about kids in an adult enviroment and that some adults aint happy with kids in their enviroment if you know what i mean, no one is saying kids shouldnt be in the scene but just not at nighters but then Karen put up a good argument about the same people go to Soul Nights and All Dayers too,

If i was a kid and wanted to be in the scene i just hope i had a parent like you to take me along and trust in me so dont get down hearted or take things personal its just that some adults jsut dont feel comfortable at a nighter with kids in attendance wether the child knows the goings on or not :lol:

atb

Bearsy

Edited by Bearsy
Social source share

THE LAW RELATING TO CHILDREN IN PUBLIC HOUSES

The Licensing Act 2003 updates the law relating to children in pubs. The new law aims at closing the loopholes and inadequacies of previous legislation, while allowing under-18s access into licensed premises in a safe, family-friendly way.

The legal drinking age remains 18 years of age. The only exception is that 16- and 17-year-olds can drink beer, wine or cider with a table meal while being accompanied by an adult (a person aged 18 or over).

Under the Licensing Act 2003, it is an offence to:

• Allow children under 16 on relevant premises that are used exclusively or primarily for the supply of alcohol, if they are not accompanied by an adult (and the premises are open for the sale of alcohol).
  • Allow an unaccompanied child under 16 to be on relevant premises between the hours of midnight and 5am, when the premises are open for the supply and consumption of alcohol.
Other offences under the Licensing Act 2003 include:

• Purchasing or attempting to purchase alcohol for consumption by a child (with the exception of purchasing beer, wine or cider as part of a table meal).
  • Buying or attempting to buy alcohol by a child.

The prohibitions on unaccompanied children aged under 16 also extend to beer gardens and outside terraces, and not just the bar area.

Where a publican is found to have committed an offence of selling alcohol to children, they may have a defence if they believed that the purchaser was 18 or over and they took all reasonable steps to establish the purchaser's age, or that nobody could reasonably have suspected from the purchaser's appearance that they were under 18. A second defence would be where the purchaser looked exceptionally old for his age.

A reliable proof of age card can make the job of checking a young customer's age easier. The Government supports the PASS (Proof of Age Standards Scheme), which approves and accredits proof of age schemes in the UK. It is backed by major retailers and representatives of the licensed trade and its continued promotion and development is encouraged.

Temporary events notices

Temporary events notices (TENs) can be used for the temporary sale or supply of alcohol, provision of regulated entertainment or the provision of late night refreshment, at premises which are not authorised by a premises licence. The licensing authority and the police must be notified of the event at least 10 working days before the event, and the following conditions apply:

• A personal licence holder may use a TEN up to 50 times per year.
  • The number of times a TEN can be given in respect of particular premises is 12 times per calendar year.
  • The length of time a TEN may last is 96 hours.
  • The maximum aggregate duration of the periods covered by TENs at any individual premises is 15 days.

The scale of the event in terms of the maximum number of people attending at any one time is 499.

Social source share

The Licensing Act 2003 updates the law relating to children in pubs. The new law aims at closing the loopholes and inadequacies of previous legislation, while allowing under-18s access into licensed premises in a safe, family-friendly way.

The legal drinking age remains 18 years of age. The only exception is that 16- and 17-year-olds can drink beer, wine or cider with a table meal while being accompanied by an adult (a person aged 18 or over).

• Allow children under 16 on relevant premises that are used exclusively or primarily for the supply of alcohol, if they are not accompanied by an adult (and the premises are open for the sale of alcohol).
  • Allow an unaccompanied child under 16 to be on relevant premises between the hours of midnight and 5am, when the premises are open for the supply and consumption of alcohol.

• Purchasing or attempting to purchase alcohol for consumption by a child (with the exception of purchasing beer, wine or cider as part of a table meal).

The prohibitions on unaccompanied children aged under 16 also extend to beer gardens and outside terraces, and not just the bar area.

Where a publican is found to have committed an offence of selling alcohol to children, they may have a defence if they believed that the purchaser was 18 or over and they took all reasonable steps to establish the purchaser's age, or that nobody could reasonably have suspected from the purchaser's appearance that they were under 18. A second defence would be where the purchaser looked exceptionally old for his age.

A reliable proof of age card can make the job of checking a young customer's age easier. The Government supports the PASS (Proof of Age Standards Scheme), which approves and accredits proof of age schemes in the UK. It is backed by major retailers and representatives of the licensed trade and its continued promotion and development is encouraged.

Temporary events notices

Temporary events notices (TENs) can be used for the temporary sale or supply of alcohol, provision of regulated entertainment or the provision of late night refreshment, at premises which are not authorised by a premises licence. The licensing authority and the police must be notified of the event at least 10 working days before the event, and the following conditions apply:

• The number of times a TEN can be given in respect of particular premises is 12 times per calendar year.
  • The maximum aggregate duration of the periods covered by TENs at any individual premises is 15 days.

The scale of the event in terms of the maximum number of people attending at any one time is 499.

:thumbsup::sleep3:

Social source share

Would it be possible to draw a line under this whole topic its getting boring lets agree to disagree.

It's not boring to me Soulontop, because I have a 15 year old Daughter who loves to attend soul do's and dance. I'm sure if you had the same equation you'd also feel the same.

As far as I'm concerned, we're not talking about children who are at events due to parental convenience, we're talking about young people who attend because they want to hear the music, dance, talk about the music etc.

If they're 16, 17 or 18, where does the difference lay?

Social source share

Temporary events notices

That was good of you to post this up although it relates to public houses and not clubs.

I did ask at the Benn Hall when we ran the all-dayers and their responce was;

As we were renting the premises, we could allow any age into the venue but anyone under 18 were not allowed in the bar area...:thumbsup:

Social source share

Got three kids all have experienced Northern soul constantly played in the house, car, and garden for years. None of them like it but even if they did we wouldn't take them to a niter. I first went to a niter as a 13 year old in a group but it seems different to day, as the licensing laws are a lot tighter. Did lots of naughty things that I shouldn't but I wouldn't change em. My eldest is 19 years of age she works hard & parties even harder & my youngest is 9. All my children have strong musical tastes just not mine as they think like all teenagers that we their parents are out of touch & don't know anything about life, if only they knew the whole truth about all our miss-spent youths. But that's for us to know & them to try & find out.

The philosophy should be what has happened or happens at all nighters should stay at all nighters & they definitely shouldn't be for children!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Got three kids all have experienced Northern soul constantly played in the house, car, and garden for years. None of them like it but even if they did we wouldn't take them to a niter. I first went to a niter as a 13 year old in a group but it seems different to day, as the licensing laws are a lot tighter. Did lots of naughty things that I shouldn't but I wouldn't change em. My eldest is 19 years of age she works hard & parties even harder & my youngest is 9. All my children have strong musical tastes just not mine as they think like all teenagers that we their parents are out of touch & don't know anything about life, if only they knew the whole truth about all our miss-spent youths. But that's for us to know & them to try & find out.

The philosophy should be what has happened or happens at all nighters should stay at all nighters & they definitely shouldn't be for children!!!!!!!!!

You say, but even if they did..... they didn't so how can you react to if they did? If they were so passionate as to turn your head upside down, which they didn't, how could you deny them something so important to them?

Social source share

storm in a tea cup as they say...

I have only ever seen one youngster at a niter ever... And that was at Radcliffe the other week..

Hope he had a good time....

All these pages for what??? the odd young kid out after bedtime ohmy.gif

I think there are other pressing issues like global warming, WAR, drought, floods...

peace and love you fookers... :)

Social source share

storm in a tea cup as they say...

I have only ever seen one youngster at a niter ever... And that was at Radcliffe the other week..

Hope he had a good time....

All these pages for what??? the odd young kid out after bedtime ohmy.gif

I think there are other pressing issues like global warming, WAR, drought, floods...

peace and love you fookers... :)

In total agreement! In fact on reflection and after reading this thread, the only children I've seen have been well looked after and supervised and are only there for the love of the music my vote changes :D Live and let live

Social source share

what's the average age of the average uk all-nighter goer today? 45?

when I started going late 74, there were plenty of 'kids' and I was one of them and I must have looked incredibly sproggish to those big 20 year old lads chilling out on balconies and staircases, not too mention the dancefloors.

Later in the 80's I began to resent their presence, and their post pubescent voices in record bars.

Hypocrisy? Yes, I know, for as I've been told many times, I was once in their shoes, bla, bla, bla....

The difference is that we/they were finding out for ourselves/themselves, weren't we/they?

We/They were not being 'nurtered' or 'directed' by 'Soul parents'.

Dressing kiddies in 70s clobber is no different to me than the Spanish penchant for dressing 8 year old boys in lacy, 19th century garb on Sunday mornings.

I find it mildly absurd. I much prefer to see them wearing contemporary clothes rather than 'paraded exhibit attire'.

The scene, as far as I can tell, is still drug orientated, now with an added alcohol dimension that wasn't present in the 70s, or even the the mid-80s. I simply don't think that's a healthy environment for a parent/parents to be accompanying their children in.

Somewhere like Centereparks would make much more sense.

Edited by macca
Social source share

Guest Trevski

When I first started going to 'niters aged 15, the oldest people there were only in their 20's. I wonder, If the place had been full of 40 odd year old giffers, would I have stayed? Probably not! Early days, we were all in the same boat, now I don't want to see kids at niters. 18 and up fine, and if they are under age but can bluff it, as we often did, back in the day, fair play. Don't agree with 'dressing them up' like little mini-me's but It gives people something to laugh at, I suppose, and they will decide for themselves eventually.

Kids these days are, so we are told, far more grown up, and mature than we were at that age. I disagree. I can't see hordes of 13, 14, 15 year olds these days running round the country, jumping trains, hitching lifts, etc, all without the aid of GPS or mobile phones! They wouldn't have a clue! :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

I think that I may have misunderstood what was being discussed here, I thought that the topic was about children at all nighters, A child to me is under 13 years of age, teenagers have their own minds & they usually know what they like & dislike musically or fashion wise. So as far as this topic goes they make up their own minds in which direction to go whether it is the latest musical craze or any other musical genre that has passed before including soul music. So if a teenager attends a nighter I'm fine with that as long as they're not getting drunk & being sick everywhere & not annoying anybody, as I said previously were all young once & by 13 years of age I had decided which music I liked. So if parents feel comfortable with their teenage off springs with them (Which I'm Not as mine wouldn't be the slightest bit interested) & they are genuinely interested in soul music & not there to annoy other soulies then I'm quite happy for them to attend, so having said all that could the author of this topic Imberboy please tell me if he means children under 13 or teenagers under 18's as I believe there is a difference well at least there was when I was a teenager.

Social source share

Troid, I'd have to go with under eighteens mate.

I just want to be able to get away from the dustbin lids every now and again, not asking too much am I?

The allnighters aren't exactly every week and its not as if I am depriving the little ones or their parents from enjoying soul music, there are oodles of local soul nights on that I am sure don't mind kiddies in.

Can I ask, are you a regular allnighter go'er? If you are then you will know me surely? If not then what's the problem if nighters don't affect you?

I'm going around in circles now, all I want is one or two fookin nights out with the grownups, its not as if I am asking for much? I just want the last bastion of our soul scene to not become a divvy fookin pastiche.

147 votes [93.04%] kinda tells a story but some of you are fibbing a little as you don't regularly attend allnighters there for there aint too fookin much for you to loose is there?

Any way Troid I'm sure your going to dazzle us all with a list of allnighters you attend and make me look a right cnut.

Ooh by the way I'm at Barnsley on Saturday if any one wants to come and have a pop, I'll be wearing shorts, usually do and I'll be on the dance floor. All I ask is that you let me finish my dance first.

I don't do wingers, whiners or wankers.

Social source share

I took my 10 year old to a local soul night last Saturday for various reasons:- (1) he wanted to come and dance with me (2) he wanted to hear some music other than what we have at home (3) he wanted to meet my friends of whom I talk a great deal about (4) he didn't want to stay with the babysitter!! It was a small venue with very very friendly people, 80% of whom I have known for half of my life (no idiots doing hand stands in the middle of the floor looking like startled rabbits!!). I did also ring the promoter first to check if it was ok for him to be there which there was no problem. There is no way I would take him to a nighter (not until he was 18 anyway) ... (1) as aforesaid "startled rabbits" (2) it's too late for me to be up late alone him !!! I think if parents want to take their kids to nighters then let them ... I am not judge or jury ... everyone to their own .. kids at nighters don't bother me .. they are there to dance and have a good night. Like many previous posts .. how old were we when we went to our first nighter .. I was 14 and if I hadn't been taken by an older boyfriend I would probably have not got into the music and what sort of shite would I be listening to now .. doesn't bear thinking about!!!

Social source share