Torch 10 ** Yet Again #1 Event Of The Year

:thumbsup: HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOREWORD TO TORCH 10 SINCE 5 MINUTES AFTER TORCH 9 FINISHED, HOWEVER I HAVE SUFFERED WITH GREAT HARDSHIPS SINCE THEN! SO MY REVIEW IS A LOT SHORTER THAN I EXPECTED, AT 1 PM I WAS READY TO LEAVE WOLVES AND HEAD TO STOKE, HOWEVER I WAS LET DOWN AT THE LAST MINUTE, WHICH CAUSED ME THE WORST ATTACK OF ANXIETY I HAVE EVER HAD, I COMPLETELY FELL APART, AND IF PETE SMITH HAD NOT BEEN ONLINE... AT 8PM I GOT INTO THE CAR AND HEADED TO STOKE,

I KNOW I HAD MISSED THE BEST, BUT WHAT I DID GET, AND I FELT LIKE SHIT WHEN I GOT THERE, WAS THE ATMOSPHERE THIS EVENT HAS GOT, THE TORCH ATMOSPHERE QUALITY NORTHERN SOUL AND GREAT PEOPLE AND EVEN A SALES BOX WITH A COPY OF DARREL BANKS LONDON DEMO £600,

AT THIS TIME OF DAY I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERY BODY WHO WENT, THE TIME I SPENT WAS QUALITY AND I EVEN HAD A CONVERSATION WITH OTHERS LISTENING TO A FANTASTIC STORY ABOUT MEL BRIT NICE ONE KEV, KEITH M WAS HAPPY AS LARRY NOGGER WAS GRUMPY, DAVE EVISON WAS IN DREAMLAND, AND SO ON.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE DJs EVEN THEO DAVE DID NOT WARE HIS SHIRT AND THE ORGANIZERS,

IN PARTICULAR PAUL D WHO IS A TRUE SOUL BROTHER AND LOOKED AFTER ME, HE EVEN WALKED ME TO THE DOOR, GETTING OLD IS CRAP, AND I HOPE THAT TORCH 11 GOES AHEAD AS I HAVE 1 YEAR TO GET BETTER,

LOVE & PEACE KEEP THE FAITH BROTHERS & SISTERS YOU ARE ALL GREAT PEOPLE,

:lol: DAVE DTHEDRUG

• Replies 63
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

:thumbsup: HI ALL, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOREWORD TO TORCH 10 SINCE 5 MINUTES AFTER TORCH 9 FINISHED, HOWEVER I HAVE SUFFERED WITH GREAT HARDSHIPS SINCE THEN! SO MY REVIEW IS A LOT SHORTER THAN I EXPECTED, AT 1 PM I WAS READY TO LEAVE WOLVES AND HEAD TO STOKE, HOWEVER I WAS LET DOWN AT THE LAST MINUTE, WHICH CAUSED ME THE WORST ATTACK OF ANXIETY I HAVE EVER HAD, I COMPLETELY FELL APART, AND IF PETE SMITH HAD NOT BEEN ONLINE... AT 8PM I GOT INTO THE CAR AND HEADED TO STOKE,

I KNOW I HAD MISSED THE BEST, BUT WHAT I DID GET, AND I FELT LIKE SHIT WHEN I GOT THERE, WAS THE ATMOSPHERE THIS EVENT HAS GOT, THE TORCH ATMOSPHERE QUALITY NORTHERN SOUL AND GREAT PEOPLE AND EVEN A SALES BOX WITH A COPY OF DARREL BANKS LONDON DEMO £600,

AT THIS TIME OF DAY I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERY BODY WHO WENT, THE TIME I SPENT WAS QUALITY AND I EVEN HAD A CONVERSATION WITH OTHERS LISTENING TO A FANTASTIC STORY ABOUT MEL BRIT NICE ONE KEV, KEITH M WAS HAPPY AS LARRY NOGGER WAS GRUMPY, DAVE EVISON WAS IN DREAMLAND, AND SO ON.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THE DJs EVEN THEO DAVE DID NOT WARE HIS SHIRT AND THE ORGANIZERS,

IN PARTICULAR PAUL D WHO IS A TRUE SOUL BROTHER AND LOOKED AFTER ME, HE EVEN WALKED ME TO THE DOOR, GETTING OLD IS CRAP, AND I HOPE THAT TORCH 11 GOES AHEAD AS I HAVE 1 YEAR TO GET BETTER,

LOVE & PEACE KEEP THE FAITH BROTHERS & SISTERS YOU ARE ALL GREAT PEOPLE,

:lol: DAVE DTHEDRUG

Have no fear Dave , we will be back in 2011 .

The 2010 Torch Reunion was an absolute credit to Jez and Gail for all their hard work and excellent organisation of the event , and for their sterling leadership on the day , which ensured that this year's Torch Reunion was true it's original concept and intention .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton

Mr Kilworth it was a god job I did walk you out as you would have been playing bingo with the Ryan Hall members :lol:

First off our sincere thanks to Jez and Gail for what was a wonderful day of memories and nostalgia, Jez looked physically drained at 11-30 while Gial was ready to knock Minshulls head off :lol:

After last year I stepped back and Jez took over as I wanted to enjoy the day, usual meet up at Hose Street then the coach to the Ryan Hall and a mad dash for a table, Josh, Speck, Geoff, Brian, Kev and myself found a table near the bar, sat back and let the whole day unfold in front of us.

Too mnay highliights for me however a few to mention,

thanks to the guy who asked Julie "how much are the raffle tickets?" -----"£5 per strip"----ok I'll have TWENTY strips.

Swish thinking the deck speed control on the Technics decks was the volume control..PMSL

Brut in the bogs :thumbsup:

Sean walking past me with what I thought was some snot on his chin, beckons him over and wipes away small deposit only to be thanked with "ouchhhh!!! fuck off you moron Ive just had a abcess removed" :yes::)

By 8 I was totally relaxed and as Poke and i were sorting out the records for the 8-9 spot I knew I was going to get a great thrill from playing records from my collection, I had a real wiered moment though, half way through our set I had a very viivid flash back and had to walk off and get behind the curtain, I was welling up..That hour of playing records with my great friend Poke without question is up there with the best one hour slots in my life..

again it was a fitting tribute to one of the all time great venues..

PD

Edited by PaulDonnelly

Mr Kilworth it was a god job I did walk you out as you would have been playing bingo with the Ryan Hall members :lol:

First off our sincere thanks to Jez and Gail for what was a wonderful day of memories and nostalgia, Jez looked physically drained at 11-30 while Gial was ready to knock Minshulls head off :lol:

After last year I stepped back and Jez took over as I wanted to enjoy the day, usual meet up at Hose Street then the coach to the Ryan Hall and a mad dash for a table, Josh, Speck, Geoff, Brian, Kev and myself found a table near the bar, sat back and let the whole day unfold in front of us.

Too mnay highliights for me however a few to mention,

thanks to the guy who asked Julie "how much are the raffle tickets?" -----"£5 per strip"----ok I'll have TWENTY strips.

Swish thinking the deck speed control on the Technics decks was the volume control..PMSL

Brut in the bogs :thumbsup:

Sean walking past me with what I thought was some snot on his chin, beckons him over and wipes away small deposit only to be thanked with "ouchhhh!!! fuck off you moron Ive just had a abcess removed" :yes::)

By 8 I was totally relaxed and as Poke and i were sorting out the records for the 8-9 spot I knew I was going to get a great thrill from playing records from my collection, I had a real wiered moment though, half way through our set I had a very viivid flash back and had to walk off and get behind the curtain, I was welling up..That hour of playing records with my great friend Poke without question is up there with the best one hour slots in my life..

again it was a fitting tribute to one of the all time great venues..

PD

Once again , we extend our sincere thanks to Lyntons Joinery - the owners of the site where The Torch stood - for allowing The Hose Street Veterens Assciation to wander about their car park again yesterday .

Malc

I have just posted some pictures up , sorry about the quality of the pictures taken in the room ,it was so dark in there and very very moist you see droplets of moisture in the pictures.

Fantastic vibe about the place last night .

The Torch must have been quite a special place for you guys because you still hold the keys to open the door to your hearts as Darell would say showing us all how to have a good time how many years on ?

I just stood and watched the joy on all their faces and wondered should we think about having a St Johns amulance crew on site because they really did shake some legs :thumbsup: and there was no mercy was there ( thanks for Rex Gavins Queen of the go go go ) one I could keep up with :lol: and oh how I loved Barrys spot , he is a natural entertainer and it showed he loved every second .

Don't think I have ever seen Keith Min so effferfesant ...damn good alka Salzers I say :yes: bloody hell I was gob smacked when he picked Briget up and danced around the floor.

Lovely to see a fair few known faces on SS suporting this event. Mark , Di ( who for some reason thought lived down south?) Evo & Sarah and Derek & Briget Julian Sue and Ricky and Briget Ian and & his Mrs Tony F & his Mrs and oh too many to mention I am awful at recalling names ..brain dead this morning.

My feet are in turmoil too crampy toes and needles and pins I hope my ankles arn't going to explode on Saturdays flight :lol: have to take it easy today.

I bet there are few needing a massage today :)

post-9590-015470500 1287915517_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carms
Guest aaz19tdi

Damn that was a great Day/nightyes.gif250 mile round trip for us, well worth it, great to see so many of the older dj,s up on the decks and the dance floor, well done to Jez/Paul/Malc and the others for Torch Nostalgia.

Only moan was beer on the dance floor and numpty,s with camera,s pushing us dancers out of the way to take pics of dj,s .

Bloody fantastic roll on next year.thumbsup.gif

Loads of people were really upset to find out that Allen Day who was booked to play with Kev Roberts last night had a fall on Thursday night and was unable to attend

I received this via a mobile text last last night..

hi paul,i would like to say a big torch hello to all their tonight. i am so sorry i can't be with you all, i was so looking fwd to getting on the stage and playing some classic Torch. I'm in bed with a bad back. Please say sorry.

Have no fear Dave , we will be back in 2011 .

The 2010 Torch Reunion was an absolure credit to Jez and Gail for all their hard work and excellent organisation of the event , and for their sterling leadership on the day , which ensured that this year's Torch Reunion was true it's original concept and intention .

Malc

Well, what can I say...what a fantastic day!

Myself and Pam have just arrived home in Gillingham, following an overnight stay in P'boro and a family visit to Northampton, and I'm still buzzing.

I declined to attend this event last year as I never attended the original Golden Torch - despite it being right up my street I was a squaddie exiled to the deep dark South and Tunstall for me was out of reach and I had to settle for gazing longingly at the Torch ad in Blues & Soul every month. There was no doubting yesterday what an influence the Torch had on the Northern scene in general, and the lives of so many in particular. I missed out big time if yesterday was anything to go by. I truly envy you your memories.

Big thanks to Paul Donnelly for his suggestion of the coach trip, and to the P'boro crowd who adopted us for the day. I haven't been out and about for a few months so it was great to meet so many friends, old and new. Too many to list, but you know who you are.

If you had anything to do with this event - take a big pat on the back. From organisers to DJ's to fundraisers, all made this a day to remember.

If I ever get to theme that bar in Spain I came away with a nice bit of memorabilia to grace the wall too, so thanks especially for that. :thumbsup:

See ya next year!

:hatsoff2: Kev.

There's nothing I could say that hasn't already been said, same as last year it was superb. A truly great event in every way, however I really did miss Max Millward, but I'm sure he would have been delighted to know that his memory and influence on the soul scene still lives on.

Well done to all who made it such a special day :hatsoff2:

I don't know if there are plans to have one next year, but if you do keep it at the same place.

Guest julie s

Well wot can i say another fantastic day from begining to end ,but my weekend started friday when i picked lizzie p up from the train station .having never met this lady before by the time i put her on the train this afternoon i had made a friend for life. we have had a wonderful time ,and can,t wait for the next reunion so she can come here again. a great big thank-you to all who brought raffle tickets and to my sis for helping to sell them with me they were very special charities and lets hope the total made will be fantastic/:rolleyes: :lol: :thumbsup:LAST OF ALL JEZ AND GAIL DID AND ABSOLUTE STERLING JOB WELL DONE YOU TWO XX AND MR BURTON TO

Just a fantastic day. We spent the morning boosting the local economy. Bought two mugs from the Extra Care Charity shop then onto the Market Hall for a bacon butty. Got in the Ryan Hall at 2pm and think I danced till 9pm when my knees gave in. Gave in they did so today just sitting in the living room with a big smile on my face.

Thanks to the organisers for giving us all a great day.

Pat Wallace

Guest proudlove

Just to echo all of the above,fantastic day,well done to all.Highlights for me,the three Franks...........Elson,Kaplonek and Geirak........having a drink with Brian Phillips..........the expression on the peoples faces when I showed them Phil Morgans "scrapbook"...........Swish being Swish........Paul Donnely asking if I'd been to a funeral because of the Blacksuit and tie.......chatting to Barmy Barry..........the list is endless.

Last year was good................This year was brilliant..............Next year?

Steve.

Just to echo all of the above,fantastic day,well done to all.Highlights for me,the three Franks...........Elson,Kaplonek and Geirak........having a drink with Brian Phillips..........the expression on the peoples faces when I showed them Phil Morgans "scrapbook"...........Swish being Swish........Paul Donnely asking if I'd been to a funeral because of the Blacksuit and tie.......chatting to Barmy Barry..........the list is endless.

Last year was good................This year was brilliant..............Next year?

Steve.

In respect of coupling the two highlighted comments together ........

As I said to you Steve , when you were showing people Phil's scrapbook , you looked more like a Maitre D' showing guests the wine list , enthusing over the virtue and quality of the bottles :lol:

Next year ? ......... yes , we will be doing it all again in 2011 :rolleyes:

Sadly , only 14 out of the / my 17 scheduled / promised dances were completed before my knees gave out ( they ache like buggery today ) , and following last night , Brigid and I have been selected for the next series of " Strictly " :lol:

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton

gr8 nite last nite,.....a privelege to meet some legends of the scene in one room,,not just djs but the PIONEERS of our scene today the dancers of yesterday,,,it was a joy to see them enjoying themselves and socking it on the dancefloor!

respect to you all

looking for djthedrug all nite and seen malc last nite without reasling it

thanks to kev roberts and brian phillips on the wheel early wigan stories could ave talked for days,,,,

well done to all..........

Edited by wiganer1
  • Helpful 1

well. to say we're totally gutted to have missed this because of illness is a huge understatement ! last years was without doubt one of the best soul nights i've ever attended, im sure this years was as good if not better. our 2 tickets are still stuck to a fridge magnet, where they will stay as a reminder to something we will NOT miss next year.

well done all, glad you had a brilliant day :rolleyes:

Big respect to all the organisers of this years event it was a superb day spent in the company of really nice people, had a great time dj,in with Mr Lalor

laugh a minute with Keith Minshall off his trolley on stage with me, he kept trying to put 45,s on even taking one off as it was playing never seen Keith Minshall

in such a happy mood he he .All the dj,s involved in the event did a great job in keeping the floor moving and the Torchites happy its really great to be involved in such a small way with a event that helps others less fortunate than most of us everyone seemed to be having a great time and for me see,in the Legend again Barmy Barry

in full flow was brilliant what a star top man !!!! Great to see Nogger enjoyin himself many thanks for the pressy from Paul Donelly will read it at work tonite mate !!!

Cant wait for next years event it something to look forward to, Sorry Julian for playin your record ha ha !!!

Love , Peace & Happiness Always

Ian & Jane

xxx

Guest Little Reg

It was just the best had a brillant time great sounds, lovley people, and plenty of dancing, leg's killing me today got back to hemmel at 3-30,

HO and thanks to all thouse who brout a coppy of me book hope you injoy the read.

thanks again had a lovley time

all the best Little Reg.

Edited by Little Reg

There's nothing I could say that hasn't already been said, same as last year it was superb. A truly great event in every way, however I really did miss Max Millward, but I'm sure he would have been delighted to know that his memory and influence on the soul scene still lives on.

Well done to all who made it such a special day hatsoff2.gif

I don't know if there are plans to have one next year, but if you do keep it at the same place.

Lovely to see that our Max as had a mention NICE 1 Tony :lol:

JB x x x

Well, after last years excellent event. I didn`t think this one would be as good, how wrong was i?. After our long journey from the north east we loved every minute of the day. Met loads of friends new & old. Watching people who are now nudging 60 in full flight on the dancefloor to records like THE TRIUMPHS-COMIN TO YOUR RESCUE was amazing, i was having trouble keeping up tapping my feet, shout of OH YES when sliced tomato`s was played and the seats emptied and the floor once again filled up. Friends being re-united after years apart, it was just a great experience to sit and watch. Although i`m only a nipper at 50 and sadly missed those golden days of the torch. It was plain to see on saturday what this historic venue meant to its attendees. GREAT WORK AND MANY, MANY THANKS TO THE WHOLE OF THE PROMOTION TEAM, YOU CERTAINLY RE-LIT THE TORCH ON SATURDAY

Heres a picture of one of our new friends, Who really didn`t seem that BARMYlaugh.giflaugh.gif

post-9749-091060000 1288011907_thumb.jpg

any news on the amount raised Jez...

Btw after a day of reflection you and you and gail did us all proud...on behalf of all those that travelled from the East, thanks.

edit --- didn't know I had a stutter...

A massive *****£2,750*******

This is a current figure as of now.I think I'm expecting little dribs and drabs to come in over the next few days from various sources.So by end of week a final figure can be announced.

I am totally overwhelmed by this. Its a fantastic effort and in difficult times, people on this scene, have dug deep and shown a kindness and a 'soul' that imho deserves a far more fitting tribute than I could ever pen.

To everyone involved in making this happen from the fundraisers to the donors,all those behind the scenes--WALK TALL this week you've earned it!

THANK YOU KINDLY

Will put up a lookback on the event from my view later--and a personal 'moment' for me that took place on the day

Well done you lot:yes:

This is a current figure as of now.I think I'm expecting little dribs and drabs to come in over the next few days from various sources.So by end of week a final figure can be announced.

I am totally overwhelmed by this. Its a fantastic effort and in difficult times, people on this scene, have dug deep and shown a kindness and a 'soul' that imho deserves a far more fitting tribute than I could ever pen.

To everyone involved in making this happen from the fundraisers to the donors,all those behind the scenes--WALK TALL this week you've earned it!

THANK YOU KINDLY

Will put up a lookback on the event from my view later--and a personal 'moment' for me that took place on the day

fuck me, thats a tidy figue Jez... :(

Edited by PaulDonnelly

There are 17 copies of the Torch Reunion 2010 Charity CD left .

The one - off CD ( specially produced for this year's Torch Reunion ) features excerpts from the DJ spots of Alan Day , Tony Jebb and Martyn Ellis at one of the all - nighters at The Torch in 1972 .

For a 38 year old cassette taped recording , the quality is first rate .

Price is £5 each plus £1 P & P

Email me ( burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk ) if you want a copy , and I will reply with the details where to send your cheque to .

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THESE LAST 17 CDS WILL GO TO THIS YEAR'S SELECTED CHARITIES .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton

Just to say thank you so much to all the organisers for this year's event.

After such an amazing time last year, you could only hope it would be half as good, of course it wasn't, it was just as good if not better as now we have all had the chance to not only see some of the people we knew well, but also to know some of the people we maybe only knew a little, way back then. My only problem (if you can call it a problem - except for the next day!) is I never know when to stop dancing, so it might take me a little longer to get to know some more of the people I would like to get to know and maybe exchange stories from our Torch trips. Hey we've got years to catch up???????!!!!!!!!!!! (Please God)

Great to see Gill and Richard Hillel, if anyone wants details of where all the people are who frequented the Torch - Gill has an amazing memory and she seemed to keep in touch with so many people.

Finished off the night with a night cap back at the hotel, great company, roll on next year.

Malc, I'm up for strictly, we'll have to get practising!!!!

Brigid

THANK YOU KINDLY

What a result - £2,750 !!

A fabulous total from a fabulous day .

Malc

Just to say thank you so much to all the organisers for this year's event.

After such an amazing time last year, you could only hope it would be half as good, of course it wasn't, it was just as good if not better as now we have all had the chance to not only see some of the people we knew well, but also to know some of the people we maybe only knew a little, way back then. My only problem (if you can call it a problem - except for the next day!) is I never know when to stop dancing, so it might take me a little longer to get to know some more of the people I would like to get to know and maybe exchange stories from our Torch trips. Hey we've got years to catch up???????!!!!!!!!!!! (Please God)

Great to see Gill and Richard Hillel, if anyone wants details of where all the people are who frequented the Torch - Gill has an amazing memory and she seemed to keep in touch with so many people.

Finished off the night with a night cap back at the hotel, great company, roll on next year.

Malc, I'm up for strictly, we'll have to get practising!!!!

Brigid

If we do , I could not have a better partner ....... but bugger having my chest waxed :(

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton

THANK YOU KINDLY

Guest julie s

THANK YOU KINDLY

wow thats fantastic played my copy of the torch 1972 cd in my car on the way to work got a tear in my eye when i heard alan day mention my brothers name what a great cd i,m so glad i purchased a copy of this very nostalgic moment thanks for a wonderful night :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wow thats fantastic played my copy of the torch 1972 cd in my car on the way to work got a tear in my eye when i heard alan day mention my brothers name what a great cd i,m so glad i purchased a copy of this very nostalgic moment thanks for a wonderful night :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

twas Yony Jebb who said " Phil Morgan has a coiy of the Valentinos for sale" not Allen Day. :lol:

Nice to see you and your sis again :lol:

Guest proudlove

Four words Julie........................Bacon and Cheese Oatcakes.

Steve.

Guest yorks old boys

awesome thats about top class soul music and dance, we had the lot with friends far and wide turning up. and good to meet up with the stoke crew thanks for a good day out lads .a big well done again on one off the very best dos the djs were top class many thanks to jez and the crew , even the bar staff did a brilliant job long time to work behind a bar big thanks girls role on the next all the best ken caroline alli and the rest of the york crew:thumbsup:

This year I managed to make some of the daytime festivities, and what a great atmospere both round @ the original venue and once inside the Ryan Hall. Highlights of the fantastic day were, hearing freinds and original Torch boys, Fran (Biddulph Blades), Johnny Beggs and of course Jez Djing and also having the privilage of seeing Phil Morgans life in picures. For someone who never attended but has always lived in the shadows of the place, both literaly and metaphorically, it was a real honour to be present.:thumbsup:

=========

is thre any more copies of the cd???

will pay costs etc

I must offer my congratulations to the person who was responsible for preparing the sandwiches that were sold at The Ryan Hall on Saturday .

I have had quite a few cheese and onion sandwiches down the years , but the one I had on Saturday was the first I have ever had that was wrapped in a yard and a half of cling film :) .

Malc

This year I managed to make some of the daytime festivities, and what a great atmospere both round @ the original venue and once inside the Ryan Hall. Highlights of the fantastic day were, hearing freinds and original Torch boys, Fran (Biddulph Blades), Johnny Beggs and of course Jez Djing and also having the privilage of seeing Phil Morgans life in picures. For someone who never attended but has always lived in the shadows of the place, both literaly and metaphorically, it was a real honour to be present.:)

well done chap, nice post :lol:

There are 17 copies of the Torch Reunion 2010 Charity CD left .

The one - off CD ( specially produced for this year's Torch Reunion ) features excerpts from the DJ spots of Alan Day , Tony Jebb and Martyn Ellis at one of the all - nighters at The Torch in 1972 .

For a 38 year old cassette taped recording , the quality is first rate .

Price is £5 each plus £1 P & P

Email me ( burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk ) if you want a copy , and I will reply with the details where to send your cheque to .

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THESE LAST 17 CDS WILL GO TO THIS YEAR'S SELECTED CHARITIES .

Malc

15 now left

Malc

Well thats it ,Torch 2010 reunion done. What a roller coaster of a ride this one was during the run up:D Very character building hehehe:lol:

Paul and Malc, wouldn't have happened without your help--make no mistake on that lads:thumbsup: Really glad to have you pair prompting and organising, thanks gents:thumbsup:

Julie S, and the girls were brilliant again with behind the scenes work on the charity front--take a bow ladies:hatsoff2:

The long suffering wife Gail lol:D thanks for putting up with me this last 12 months with this--and coming to my rescue(no pun intended) when I had tickets coming out of me butt--and you took control of that side;)

Feedback on the day ,seemed to reflect a lot of folks had a really fab time. Thats the prime objective of this event and it makes it all worthwhile. a special thanks to you all for making this another day/night to remember:yes: The atmosphere generated again was fantastic and makes me feel proud to have been a part of it

The afternoon boys spinning the tunes, were on fire and set the 'scene' admirably, Great energy and enthusiasm both on the day and in the run up. Innit funny no matter how much you think you know about 'Torch sounds' ---you always end saying about at least one' mmm was this a Torch sound??:lol: :lol:

Special mention to me 'ole mucker Francis Geirak who stepped in at the 11th hour, when we learned that Neil Rushton had unavoidable business commitments . Francis had more pressing matters on his mind than this event --but he kindly stepped in and I'm sure you'll agree did a fantastic job:thumbsup:

Evening DJ's again carried the baton --superb lads, couldn't ask for more--really swept this along at a stormin pace. Unfortunately due to an accident Alan Day couldn't attend-get well soon Alan. It must have been a bad fall because I know after last year a bloody tank wouldn't have stopped him coming again. Thanks to Kev Roberts for taking up the 'slack' with the spot aand flew solo for an hour--with some stormin hose st memories:thumbup:

Special mention to Barmy Barry who along with Malc really entertained. I know how emotional this spot was--with the sad loss of our friend Max who would have double decked with Barmy. He really is the ultimate DJ --I'm sure he would do justice to a box of ultra rare unknowns as much as a set of Torch club classics. really is an education watching him in action

Massive thanks to all those who turned up paid yer money and helped boost the charity fund. This was all about YOU. I am still overwhelmed by the energy and enthusiasm you ALL put in to making this a great day. Every last one of you contributed to making this a fantastic Tunstall 'experience'again

Finally--just one to mention a special chap that turned up on the day --Roy, I had a phone call the day before from a lady who had bought a couple of tickets and asked me if i had another one. I said I will have one spare tommorow as I know someone had returned their ticket to me.

I said tell him to meet me a Hose st and I will sort him. I was on the Torch 'car park' discussing with Stu Richards and others the merits of the torch toilets:whistling: ---when this frail gentlemen with a walking stick shuffled up to me and said 'are you Jez--I'm Roy. He said in a faltering voice how much do I owe you, Well this ticket had already been paid for --so I says Roy--its yours. He broke down and sobbed on my shoulders, He was so pleased and clearly overwhelmed that he was coming to the Torch reunion. That moment will stick with me for a long long time--and epitomises to me the passion that the Torch and that era of the scene evokes

during the day I bumped into Roy a couple of times and asked about his welfare--and if he was enjoying it. 'Fantastic he says. Anyway he went earlyish so i walked him out --and it transpires he was a DJ at the wheel in the 60's, and was a DJ at the Junction Crewe with Alan Day. He then pulled out of his wallet a photo and says if Alan does come can you give him this photo. It was a picture of him. Alan Day, Brian Lear and Snowy from Wolves---gobsmacked or what, This cherished photo he just wanted to give Alan as a present. To me that episode tells all about what this is about.

thanks again:hatsoff2:

Edited by jez jones

Well thats it ,Torch 2010 reunion done. What a roller coaster of a ride this one was during the run up:D Very character building hehehe:lol:

Paul and Malc, wouldn't have happened without your help--make no mistake on that lads:thumbsup: Really glad to have you pair prompting and organising, thanks gents:thumbsup:

Julie S, and the girls were brilliant again with behind the scenes work on the charity front--take a bow ladies:hatsoff2:

The long suffering wife Gail lol:D thanks for putting up with me this last 12 months with this--and coming to my rescue(no pun intended) when I had tickets coming out of me butt--and you took control of that side;)

Feedback on the day ,seemed to reflect a lot of folks had a really fab time. Thats the prime objective of this event and it makes it all worthwhile. a special thanks to you all for making this another day/night to remember:yes: The atmosphere generated again was fantastic and makes me feel proud to have been a part of it

The afternoon boys spinning the tunes, were on fire and set the 'scene' admirably, Great energy and enthusiasm both on the day and in the run up. Innit funny no matter how much you think you know about 'Torch sounds' ---you always end saying about at least one' mmm was this a Torch sound??:lol: :lol:

Special mention to me 'ole mucker Francis Geirak who stepped in at the 11th hour, when we learned that Neil Rushton had unavoidable business commitments . Francis had more pressing matters on his mind than this event --but he kindly stepped in and I'm sure you'll agree did a fantastic job:thumbsup:

Evening DJ's again carried the baton --superb lads, couldn't ask for more--really swept this along at a stormin pace. Unfortunately due to an accident Alan Day couldn't attend-get well soon Alan. It must have been a bad fall because I know after last year a bloody tank wouldn't have stopped him coming again. Thanks to Kev Roberts for taking up the 'slack' with the spot aand flew solo for an hour--with some stormin hose st memories:thumbup:

Special mention to Barmy Barry who along with Malc really entertained. I know how emotional this spot was--with the sad loss of our friend Max who would have double decked with Barmy. He really is the ultimate DJ --I'm sure he would do justice to a box of ultra rare unknowns as much as a set of Torch club classics. really is an education watching him in action

Massive thanks to all those who turned up paid yer money and helped boost the charity fund. This was all about YOU. I am still overwhelmed by the energy and enthusiasm you ALL put in to making this a great day. Every last one of you contributed to making this a fantastic Tunstall 'experience'again

Finally--just one to mention a special chap that turned up on the day --Roy, I had a phone call the day before from a lady who had bought a couple of tickets and asked me if i had another one. I said I will have one spare tommorow as I know someone had returned their ticket to me.

I said tell him to meet me a Hose st and I will sort him. I was on the Torch 'car park' discussing with Stu Richards and others the merits of the torch toilets:whistling: ---when this frail gentlemen with a walking stick shuffled up to me and said 'are you Jez--I'm Roy. He said in a faltering voice how much do I owe you, Well this ticket had already been paid for --so I says Roy--its yours. He broke down and sobbed on my shoulders, He was so pleased and clearly overwhelmed that he was coming to the Torch reunion. That moment will stick with me for a long long time--and epitomises to me the passion that the Torch and that era of the scene evokes

during the day I bumped into Roy a couple of times and asked about his welfare--and if he was enjoying it. 'Fantastic he says. Anyway he went earlyish so i walked him out --and it transpires he was a DJ at the wheel in the 60's, and was a DJ at the Junction Crewe with Alan Day. He then pulled out of his wallet a photo and says if Alan does come can you give him this photo. It was a picture of him. Alan Day, Brian Lear and Snowy from Wolves---gobsmacked or what, This cherished photo he just wanted to give Alan as a present. To me that episode tells all about what this is about.

JeZ, you've just nailed what IT'S all about... :lol:

cya soon

PD

Edited by PaulDonnelly

gr8 nite last nite,.....a privilege to meet some legends of the scene in one room,,not just djs but the PIONEERS of our scene today the dancers of yesterday,,,it was a joy to see them enjoying themselves and socking it on the dance floor!

respect to you all

looking for djthedrug all nite and seen malc last nite without reasling it

thanks to Kev Roberts and Brian Phillips on the wheel early wigan stories could ave talked for days,,,,

well done to all..........

:lol: Hi ALL...RESPECT TO YOU NICE COMMENTS, I AGAIN APOLOGIES FOR NOT GETTING FURTHER THAN THE UPSTAIRS DOOR, I AM SUFFERING FROM A PHOBIA RELATING OR RESULTING FROM A MAJOR SETBACK IN MY PERSONAL LIFE, HOWEVER I DID TRY AND SPEAK TO AS MANY PEOPLE OVER THE TIME I STAYED, I AM REALLY SORRY FOR NOT GOING INTO THE MAIN ROOM,

I SPENT MOST OF THE TIME WITH MICK HOLSWORTH, HE WAS SELLING NICE RECORDS I FORGOT TO BRING THE POSTERS AND OTHER STUFF,I WILL BE IN TOUCH ,

BRIAN PHILLIPS SUCH AN INTERESTING BLOKE, HAS ANY ONE GOT A LIST OF RECORDS THAT CAN BE CONTRIBUTED TO HIM, THERE WAS A THREAD A WHILE BACK ON WHO DISCOVERED WHAT ON THE SCENE,

MY ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT IS THAT WOLVERHAMPTON GANG WENT O GOODYEAR'S, THIS IS A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT TO ME AS BACK IN THE DAY WOLVERHAMPTON (Cats Crowd) WERE TORCH GOERS, MORE EFFORT IS NEEDED AS GOODYEAR'S IS ON EVEY MONTH, AND YOU ARE MISSING OUT BY NOT ATTENDING THE TORCH PROMOTION? REALLY MISSING OUT, I EXPECT A BIG TURN OUT FOR TORCH 11 AS TO ME THIS WAS THE ONLY ASPECT OF THE EVENT MISSING?

ONE OF THE HIGH LITES FOR ME . WAS THE AMAZING RECALL OF Kev ROBERTS MEMORY, HE MUST HAVE A PHOTOGRAPHIC MIND, TO REMEMBER AN ADVERT FROM 1966 TRADE MAG, GREAT STUFF, I BET HE CANT REMEMBER

BUYING ASTRAL TRIP OF ME AT WIGAN??

GOOD TIMES GOOD PEOPLE & A GOOD NIGHT!

:lol: DAVE

The afternoon boys spinning the tunes, were on fire and set the 'scene' admirably, Great energy and enthusiasm both on the day and in the run up. Innit funny no matter how much you think you know about 'Torch sounds' ---you always end saying about at least one' mmm was this a Torch sound??:lol::lol:

The above post sums it up WHY The Torch Reunion was originally organised and staged for the last two years .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton

Source Advert