2011-01-07: New Wilton Allnighter

Boxy

Event Title: NEW WILTON ALLNIGHTER

Event Author: Boxy

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 07 January 2011

-------------------------------------------------

WILTON ALLNIGHTER - (First event for 2011 and our 18th year)

at the NEW WHEATSHEAF Conference & Banqueting

Altofts Lane - Whitwood - Castleford - WF10 5QB

on Friday 7th JANUARY 2010

With Guest Dj's Roger Banks - Andy Dyson - Alex Jones - Johno - Dave Raistrick

and Residents Mouse & Boxy.

Admission £10.00 Otd.

Please note later start time of 11.00pm - 7.00am close.

For Info: Mouse - 07717 338009 Boxy - 01924 894555 Website

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 66
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Mouse and myself would like to wish everybody a soulful Christmas and New Year.

Thank you for your support throughout 2010, and we hope to see you all on 7th January, 2011, the first Wilton for the New Year. We desperately need more support.

There have been a few rumours about the Wilton closing. That is definitely not the case at the moment, but here's something for you to consider over the Christmas holidays.

We have had some great nights this year, but also we have had some poorly attended ones. This event is not cheap to stage and we worry that if attendances don't improve, how long we can carry on. We have dates for next year, our 18th year, but will be monitoring how this goes. We understand that we have much more competition now than in the past from other soul nights/Allnighters and Weekenders, some adopting the Wilton's original music policy. We still feel that this venue is second to none in the country and we will continue as long as possible. We have never been in this for the money, we are soul music fans/collectors of long standing and like you, love to hear something different. Play oldies and pack 'em in is not what we want, the Wilton has never been about that. We just need enough people to balance the books AND THE WILTON WILL CONTINUE.

Your comments on this would be appreciated.

See you soon

Mouse and Boxy

Hi Guys

Mouse and myself would like to wish everybody a soulful Christmas and New Year.

Thank you for your support throughout 2010, and we hope to see you all on 7th January, 2011, the first Wilton for the New Year. We desperately need more support.

There have been a few rumours about the Wilton closing. That is definitely not the case at the moment, but here's something for you to consider over the Christmas holidays.

We have had some great nights this year, but also we have had some poorly attended ones. This event is not cheap to stage and we worry that if attendances don't improve, how long we can carry on. We have dates for next year, our 18th year, but will be monitoring how this goes. We understand that we have much more competition now than in the past from other soul nights/Allnighters and Weekenders, some adopting the Wilton's original music policy. We still feel that this venue is second to none in the country and we will continue as long as possible. We have never been in this for the money, we are soul music fans/collectors of long standing and like you, love to hear something different. Play oldies and pack 'em in is not what we want, the Wilton has never been about that. We just need enough people to balance the books AND THE WILTON WILL CONTINUE.

Your comments on this would be appreciated.

See you soon

Mouse and Boxy

Mouse & Dave

About time you boys put this out there for people to ponder over the Christmas period,now people can be in no doubt WILTON NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!!!!!!

As you well know boys anything I can do to help just shout...........hands up who else wants to help.

Cheers

Martyn

THE BEST NITER IN THE NORTH_______ AND HAS BEEN FOR MANY A YEAR________MY WIFE HAD HER 40th HERE__THAT WAS MANY, MANY YEARS AGO.

Even better now it finishes at 7______WOULD BE EVEN BETTER IF IT FINISHED AT 8_________or even better than that if we could return to the old days with a 9am finish________AND THEN FOLLOWED BY A SATURDAY ALLDAYER say, starting around 11am. NORTHERN SOUL HEAVEN!!!!! GREAT IDEAS, EH? dont you think?

Lets move onto the seemingly many so called devotees who say that The Wilton is shite, that the music policy is rubbish and the place itself has no atmosphere!!???!!! I cant imagine what this lot are on........different to me to be sure. The music is (usually) first rate, the place itself is superbly laid out.....so is the carpark for those who prefer the outdoor life and the DANCEFLOOR...well it must be THE BEST IN THE LAND....I'm sure that it is responsible for me perfecting some of my most interesting moves!

OK, I'm gonna put my foot down firmly and say that this time Dave, Val, etc-----------I'LL BE THERE.....

:thumbsup: THE BEST NITER IN THE NORTH_______ AND HAS BEEN FOR MANY A YEAR________MY WIFE HAD HER 40th HERE__THAT WAS MANY, MANY YEARS AGO.

Even better now it finishes at 7______WOULD BE EVEN BETTER IF IT FINISHED AT 8_________or even better than that if we could return to the old days with a 9am finish________AND THEN FOLLOWED BY A SATURDAY ALLDAYER say, starting around 11am. NORTHERN SOUL HEAVEN!!!!! GREAT IDEAS, EH? dont you think?

Lets move onto the seemingly many so called devotees who say that The Wilton is shite, that the music policy is rubbish and the place itself has no atmosphere!!???!!! I cant imagine what this lot are on........different to me to be sure. The music is (usually) first rate, the place itself is superbly laid out.....so is the carpark for those who prefer the outdoor life and the DANCEFLOOR...well it must be THE BEST IN THE LAND....I'm sure that it is responsible for me perfecting some of my most interesting moves!

OK, I'm gonna put my foot down firmly and say that this time Dave, Val, etc-----------I'LL BE THERE.....:huh:

Ok let's get serious here, if we don't give Mouse & Boxy the support they deserve this top nighter will soon become a memory. Come on all you who, for whatever reason, have sadly been missing from the Wilton over the past few months get back through the doors, you know it makes sense don't be blind to what might be. Shirley and myself have promoted venues which have gone under due to poor attendance only to be told by those who didn't come through the doors "It was a great night, why did you close it?" The simple answer "If you'd have bothered to come along and support us it would still have been going"

Let's have a turn-out to make Mouse & Boxy proud to be promoters of this top nighter.

GET THERE AND ENJOY

REMEMBER IF IT GOES YOU'VE ONLY GOT YOURSELVES TO BLAME

SO COME ON DON'T BE FOOLISH AND LET ANOTHER GREAT VENUE

BITE THE DUST!!!!!

Ok let's get serious here, if we don't give Mouse & Boxy the support they deserve this top nighter will soon become a memory. Come on all you who, for whatever reason, have sadly been missing from the Wilton over the past few months get back through the doors, you know it makes sense don't be blind to what might be. Shirley and myself have promoted venues which have gone under due to poor attendance only to be told by those who didn't come through the doors "It was a great night, why did you close it?" The simple answer "If you'd have bothered to come along and support us it would still have been going"

Let's have a turn-out to make Mouse & Boxy proud to be promoters of this top nighter.

GET THERE AND ENJOY

REMEMBER IF IT GOES YOU'VE ONLY GOT YOURSELVES TO BLAME

SO COME ON DON'T BE FOOLISH AND LET ANOTHER GREAT VENUE

BITE THE DUST!!!!!

You don't have to shout at me Colin :(

I'm gonna be there for sure along with Rosemary & Kirsty S. A sort of girls night out but sadly we're not girls anymore :D but can pretend for one night :thumbsup:

Seriously though the Wilton needs more support much more than my support tights can offer (& that's a lot :rolleyes: ) so come on, put on your dancing shoes or your chin stroking face and get along to the Wilton on the 7th for a night of pure enjoyment. Mmmmmm :lol:

Ali x

Just got back from Bidds What a great night with people in the right place supporting the punter that has not been for a while. It is with shame that the Wilton is not getting the support it deserves for the las 5 to 10 years and more having Djed at this nighter on the last anniversary with Martyn Bird which was a great privilege to do, the venue needs your support having had the likes of Chris Holmes, Saus, Soul Sam, Dave Rimmer, Chalky, Mr Andy Dyson, Mr Mick H, Headsy, Chuddy, and Karl Heard to name a few, djing here in the past. Please come along and support Mouse and Dave Box and keep this venue a live. Once this venue has gone, it will be hard to replace. The fertilities are second to none with a large dance floor, a bigger than than average bar. Any difficulties, please contact Andy07599502408 and I will pass any message on to Mouse and Dave or contact them direct on the numbers listed

Edited by Illya

Just got back from Bidds What a great night with people in the right place supporting the punter that has not been for a while. It is with shame that the Wilton is not getting the support it deserves for the las 5 to 10 years and more having Djed at this nighter on the last anniversary with Martyn Bird which was a great privilege to do, the venue needs your support having had the likes of Chris Holmes, Saus, Soul Sam, Dave Rimmer, Chalky, Mr Andy Dyson, Mr Mick H, Headsy, Chuddy, and Karl Herd to name a few, djing here in the past. Please come along and support Mouse and Dave Box and keep this venue a live. Once this venue has gone, it will be hard to replace. The fertilities are second to none with a large dance floor, a bigger than than average bar. Any difficulties, please contact Andy01904 654093 and I will pas any message on to Mouse and Dave Box

:lol: Didn't realise it was THAT :rolleyes: sort of night but hey if that's what we have to do to get more bodies through the door then I'll lay myself down for the cause :lol::D

Apologies for lowering the tone but after 18 years of attending this fabulous venue I refuse to let it go without a jolly good fight :thumbsup:

So see you all on 7th :(

Ali x

Right that's the Christmas & New Year bollocks out the way,so now to the important thing............first Wilton of 2011 :yes:

Cheers

Martyn

Is that what it was last night,LOL looking forward to friday night,sure its going to be a great night

At the end of the day has mouse has always said its ours the punters do you really want to let this event fall by the way side?

I mean the likes of mr Dyson,Rodger banks,Alex Jones,Dave Raistrick who by the way did a blinding spot at bidds,mouse,boxy so there a great diverse in music for every one.

Hope to see you all at the wheat sheaf first then lets have a banging night.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

REGARDS

Johno

Is that what it was last night,LOL looking forward to friday night,sure its going to be a great night

At the end of the day has mouse has always said its ours the punters do you really want to let this event fall by the way side?

I mean the likes of mr Dyson,Rodger banks,Alex Jones,Dave Raistrick who by the way did a blinding spot at bidds,mouse,boxy so there a great diverse in music for every one.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

REGARDS

Johno

don't be late johno see you in the pub with a nice bottle of malt

regards kim

:lol: Didn't realise it was THAT :yes: sort of night but hey if that's what we have to do to get more bodies through the door then I'll lay myself down for the cause :D:yes:

Apologies for lowering the tone but after 18 years of attending this fabulous venue I refuse to let it go without a jolly good fight :no:

So see you all on 7th :thumbsup:

Ali x

get yourself in the pub beforehand

best kim

Guest rosemary

Back to normal again................Looking forward to Friday at the pub and then onto The Wiltonyes.gif

Haven't been to an alnighter since the last Wilton in November so getting slightly excited about being out again biggrin.gif

see you all in the pub

Rosemary xx

HAPPY NEW YEAR

REGARDS

Johno

Cheers Johno, appreciate your comments and pleased that you enjoyed the spot at Bidds on NYE...........More of the same this Friday at the Wilton for sure, really looking forward to it.

See you ALL there

Dave & Donna

Guest aintgotit

:ohmy: Didn't realise it was THAT :lol: sort of night but hey if that's what we have to do to get more bodies through the door then I'll lay myself down for the cause wink.gif:lol:

Apologies for lowering the tone but after 18 years of attending this fabulous venue I refuse to let it go without a jolly good fight :D

So see you all on 7th :wave:

Ali x

:lol: That s well spotted and classy response. . Could send the door price through the roof though. Might need a name change from the wilton to the harden.

laugh.gif That s well spotted and classy response. . Could send the door price through the roof though. Might need a name change from the wilton to the harden.

:lol: :lol: Brilliant Andy

Does that mean that you & Pascha might be cumming on Friday :D

Would be good to see you both so here's hoping

Take care & A Happy New Year :unsure:

get yourself in the pub beforehand

best kim

Ok ok Master Kim. I have my orders & will obey. I'll defo be in the pub beforehand so make mine a pint wink.gif of blackcurrant cordial, with corporation pop, ice, & a straw (preferably pink) please :lol:

For anyone else who may be coming to the Wilton for the first time or after a long time break, a bunch of morons meet in the pub next door so you're more than welcome to join us.

See ya Friday :unsure:

Edited by Alison H

Back to normal again................Looking forward to Friday at the pub and then onto The Wiltonyes.gif

Haven't been to an alnighter since the last Wilton in November so getting slightly excited about being out again biggrin.gif

see you all in the pub

Rosemary xx

Dont you be wetting yourself again Miss Rosemary :unsure: Long gone are the days of a pissy smelling Wilton :lol:

See you Sue,Graham & Richard on Friday & yes I'll be in the pub first thumbsup.gif

Guest rosemary

Dont you be wetting yourself again Miss Rosemary :thumbsup: Long gone are the days of a pissy smelling Wilton :lol:

See you Sue,Graham & Richard on Friday & yes I'll be in the pub first :thumbsup:

I never wet myself with excitement Ali no.gif, I never loose control laugh.gif

which Monsoon are you wearing????

See you and Kirsty in the pubyes.gif

I never wet myself with excitement Ali no.gif, I never loose control laugh.gif

which Monsoon are you wearing????

See you and Kirsty in the pubyes.gif

Not sure yet but I'll be careful with my wind direction on Friday night to avoid any excessive rainfall :thumbsup:

It will most likely be from their new "Tent" range :ohmy:

There's more than just Kirsty & I coming on Friday. There's Sue from York & a Scottish gentleman that Kirsty knows. He's well into soul & not just someone she picked up on our recent trip to Edinburgh laugh.gif

Which Monsoon are you wearing ?

hi ya kim i havent been across the door since last wilton,so ready for a good night out...have you and ally got room for one more in your gang...??????.laugh.gif:ohmy::yes: keith

Errr hem I think I'll get a word in before Kim starts (will be a first) :lol:

Of course there's room for you Keith as long as you promise to bring the gaffer tape so we have no option but to take it in turns at shutting up & listening to one another.:lol: :lol:

Look forward to seeing you & who-ever else wants to join us on Friday :thumbsup:

Ali x

HAPPY NEW YEAR

REGARDS

Johno

And not forgetting the likes of your goodself Johno :thumbsup:

If you've still got The Chantels will you pleeeeease spin it, just for me, on Friday :ohmy:

Thank yoooooooo thumbsup.gif

Ali x

Guest rosemary

Not sure yet but I'll be careful with my wind direction on Friday night to avoid any excessive rainfall :thumbsup:

It will most likely be from their new "Tent" range :ohmy:

There's more than just Kirsty & I coming on Friday. There's Sue from York & a Scottish gentleman that Kirsty knows. He's well into soul & not just someone she picked up on our recent trip to Edinburgh laugh.gif

Which Monsoon are you wearing ?

Dont know which dress to wearno.gif, purple or black......but both with kinky bootslaugh.gif or i may put my new shoes onyes.gif

Also a new haircutyes.gif

so see you, Kirsty, Sue from York and a Scottish gentleman at the barsmile.gif

Love Nurse Rosemary xxxx

Dont know which dress to wearno.gif, purple or black......but both with kinky bootslaugh.gif or i may put my new shoes onyes.gif

Also a new haircutyes.gif

so see you, Kirsty, Sue from York and a Scottish gentleman at the barsmile.gif

Love Nurse Rosemary xxxx

Chuffin Ell Nurse Rosemary I thought I was bad at making my mind up :ohmy: & ANOTHER hair cut :thumbsup: .... You do right thumbsup.gif

Look forward to seeing you.

Ali (your well behaved patient of the last 2 days :yes: ) x

been to the Wilton twice had a great nites (althgough was really ill the second time & spent the night in the car being sick) would love to join you all but can't drive so can't get there or i would :rolleyes: , have a great nite everyone

And not forgetting the likes of your goodself Johno :hatsoff2:

If you've still got The Chantels will you pleeeeease spin it, just for me, on Friday :D

Thank yoooooooo :thumbsup:

Ali x

whistling.gifwill give it a spin if no one else plays it looking forward one more sleep see you all in the pub beer.gif first regards johno

been to the Wilton twice had a great nites (althgough was really ill the second time & spent the night in the car being sick) would love to join you all but can't drive so can't get there or i would :yes: , have a great nite everyone

Cheers Ang :hatsoff2:

It's a great shame that you can't make it over Sis but we'll try sort something out if there's a next time :D

Yip, cya in da pub Ali, mine's a Magners :yes: x.

:yes::no::D

whistling.gifwill give it a spin if no one else plays it looking forward one more sleep see you all in the pub :D first regards johno

:thumbsup:thumbup.gif

Three of us coming up from Kettering - Looking forward to our 1st nighter of the year and 1st Wilton - Canna wait - Happy New Year to y'all

Aw, Happy New Year to you as well thumbsup.gif

What a GREAT start to the New Year picking the Wilton. I'm sure you won't regret it.

I'll come and hunt the three of you down, if that's ok, as I really need to pick up some makeup tips from you :thumbsup:biggrin.gif

Safe journey up :hatsoff2:

Guest rosemary

extremely excited nowyes.gif

new hair cut, new posh frock and kinky bootsbiggrin.gif

spoken with Sue and we're setting off at 9.30pm so will be in the pub by 10 o'clocksmile.gif

see you all laters xxxx

Source Advert