• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest JIM BARRY

The lot that had Bob Relf in?

Nope.

This is pretty obscure and I think I'll get a kicking. Despite what one source says, I think they're actually from the same city as one of the most famous soul groups of all time.

cleveland??

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

I'm a bit runbbish and don't know whose from Cleveland . And I was getting ixed up. Ignore the same town stuff.

Better move on to the Baileys. This wine is making me drunk.

the o'jays one of the greatest groups of all time.....from cleveland.....not these boys though...

Social source share

the o'jays one of the greatest groups of all time.....from cleveland.....not these boys though...

oops. Well as Chalky said, you can read that they're from Philly but their label mates state that they're from Pittsburgh, so I'm going with that.

Label seems to scream that too....

Social source share

A bit of consolidation - and a bit of new info.

They used to have a different name. A few membership changes and they became the group in the pic who have a 100 mph Northern Soul record. That name is same as an R&B group from Philadelphia, who were contemporaries of Harold Melvin and Blue Notes.

Now they're back to their original name.Sounds kinda holy?

They are from a state in Pensylvania and the label sounds like the city from whence they originate. Maybe only two records on the label - a LOT of years apart.

Record is only between 20 - 50 quid I think...

Social source share

Struggling now,..wild shots, Jewels, Sunlovers,..more wine please :rolleyes:

Seriously, you gotta hit the Baileys. Even more fattening than normal alcohol but I think it also counts as food because of all the cream. "just getting some tea. love..."

I think this is really hard and I'm gonna claim victory pretty soon. I'll do an easier one next time but with less obvious clues.

I notice Peter "I'm always right" 60 has gone quite however.

Social source share

Seriously, you gotta hit the Baileys. Even more fattening than normal alcohol but I think it also counts as food because of all the cream. "just getting some tea. love..."

I think this is really hard and I'm gonna claim victory pretty soon. I'll do an easier one next time but with less obvious clues.

Correct :rolleyes: I wouldn't know where to start guessing,

Social source share

Educated guess at group called the Ebonies on Mid West .

Steve

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Fair enough Pete. I also notice that I can no longer spell the word "quiet" correctly.

They are from Pittsburgh.

Now what could the label be...?

is it steel town?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert