Bidds **soul Night** 19Th Feb 2011

Been popping the flyers out round and about the NW and there seems to be a fair bit of interest with folk saying they're looking forward to it. Looking good :)

Not long to go now, a lot of people are getting really excited about this one.

The next Kindred Soul Night at Bidds won't be until June, so don't miss the first one on the 19th Feb, it's looking good!

• Replies 134
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Been rooting around and found some stuff I haven't played out in ages - they're all shit though (so should slot in nicely alongside my usual selections). Seriously, this is gonna be a belter of a night, really looking forward to it. Lowton this weekend with some friendly old faces followed by this first Bidds bash n Lifeline the weekend after; what a month :yes:

Only one week to go for Kindred Soul at Bidds...

FLOOR PACKING *RARE SOUL*, *BIG OLDIES* WITH A HELPING OF 70's FOR A TOP MIX OF QUALITY SOUL MUSIC.

Top DJ's **JUMPIN' JOAN**DAVE WELDING**CHRIS ANDERTON**PHIL THRELFALL**TONY FOSTER**

SATURDAY 19th February2011

** 9.00 till 2.00 am **

4 beats to the bar soul music and then some!!!

Edited by Tony Foster

Dont forget Tony Foster will be my guest in the studio this Sunday 13th Feb on www.thisisthecat.com between 17.00 and 19.00.

Tony will be talking about his history on the scene, his influences, fave records etc...and of course Kindered Soul at Bids....!!!

If you miss the show you can listen anytime by clicking the "Listen again" feature on the website and selecting the name of the show "Dab of Soul".

Chris

Aaahhh, in which case I'll be sure to pack it

Be good to see you mate :thumbsup:

See if you can get Cunliffe to bring his harp if there's room in the boot, will ya. :thumbsup:

Bidds the only venue that provides live entertainment in the smoking area, laugh.gif

Edited by Louise
Guest I KNOW NOTHING

laugh.gif Bring the jet-ski with you, people can have photos together with mace in his speedos laugh.gif

the "S" has fallen off mace's speedos.. they now spell PEEDOS.

Dont forget Tony Foster will be my guest in the studio this Sunday 13th Feb on www.thisisthecat.com between 17.00 and 19.00.

Tony will be talking about his history on the scene, his influences, fave records etc...and of course Kindered Soul at Bids....!!!

If you miss the show you can listen anytime by clicking the "Listen again" feature on the website and selecting the name of the show "Dab of Soul".

Chris

Don't miss today's show with Chris Anderton and myself, if you've got soul, listen in today thumbup.gif

Soul music to keep you dancing and more thumbup.gif

Don't miss today's show with Chris Anderton and myself, if you've got soul, listen in today thumbup.gif

Soul music to keep you dancing and more thumbup.gif

Don't forget the beep machine :thumbsup:

Whilst the records are spinning ask Chris to show you his impression of John Anderson performing a rather camp 'Glasgow Kiss' .....absolute quality :hatsoff2:

Edited by Mace

Mace

I shall be bringing and playing a record just for you, by way of a fitting tribute you understand. You'll appreciate it, musically and metaphorically I reckon :) I've also got that Fania t-shirt but it looks a tad 'fitted' mate to be honest. I'll see if Trace can slot some panels in afore next weekend.

Sounded great Tony :thumbsup:

Seconded thumbsup.gif

...and I was listening actually Chris, and now you've bravely announced on air that you like to play with your guests I'm sure you won't be short of names for future shows :D

In fact, Phil Threlfall would probably be first on that list if you could manage to pronounce his name correctly :D

Well done Chris on putting together a great weekly show with plenty of soulful tunes not to mention some (obviously unintentional) 'comedy gold' moments.....the Marvin Gaye/Diana Ross comment last week was an absolute pearl....:(:huh: .

Mace

I shall be bringing and playing a record just for you, by way of a fitting tribute you understand. You'll appreciate it, musically and metaphorically I reckon :thumbsup: I've also got that Fania t-shirt but it looks a tad 'fitted' mate to be honest. I'll see if Trace can slot some panels in afore next weekend.

Just bear in mind Walter, that your last little prank cost you dearly..........wink.gif:huh:

Looks like it's gonna be a good nite. Brilliant line -up, we are hoping to get down.

A change of venue for us and some refreshing music is VERY appealing! yes.gif

Cheers, all

Sue n Les

It'd be absolutely great if you two could make it. Gonna be a belter I reckon :thumbsup:

It'd be absolutely great if you two could make it. Gonna be a belter I reckon :thumbsup:

I'll vouch for that, from 9.00 pm until 2.00 am it's going to be full on 4 beats to the bar top notch soul music, all your favourites and more yes.gif

These DJ's are the real deal and know how to keep the punters entertained, don't miss it, see you all Saturday thumbsup.gif

Sorry, can't make it this time as it clashes with our soul night and I don't know what time we'll finish.

However, we've heard a lot of good stuff about this niter (Bidds) and hope to get down to one sometime in the future. Hope you all have a great time!

Hi Stuart, this event is a soul night which finishes at 2am.

The next Bidds niter is on March 19th.

Jon Farmer, your guest DJ next weekend, is a very good friend of mine....please give him my best regards this Saturday :lol:

Edited by Mace

E

Hi Stuart, this event is a soul night which finishes at 2am.

The next Bidds niter is on March 19th.

Jon Farmer, your guest DJ next weekend, is a very good friend of mine....please give him my best regards this Saturday thumbsup.gif

Ha! My first f*ckup of the day. Wondered why this thread was in the soul nights section and not in.the niter section. Always associated Bidds with the niters I'll give your regards to Jon.

FLOOR PACKING *RARE SOUL*, *BIG OLDIES* WITH A HELPING OF 70's FOR A TOP MIX OF QUALITY SOUL MUSIC.

Top DJ's **JUMPIN' JOAN**DAVE WELDING**CHRIS ANDERTON**PHIL THRELFALL**TONY FOSTER**

**** 9.00 till 2.00 am ****

Agree with what you said on the radio Tony about it being banging soul music from the first record to the last yes.gif

No warm up here my friends so you'd better get that out of the way in the car laugh.gif

So wanted to travel up northward for this one but it's a tad too far for a soul night rather than a nighter. I'm night blind (make that any time blind) and hate driving in the dark so the homeward journey is always worse after lots of dancing sad.gif

So wanted to travel up northward for this one but it's a tad too far for a soul night rather than a nighter. I'm night blind (make that any time blind) and hate driving in the dark so the homeward journey is always worse after lots of dancing :thumbsup:

Is there anyone that can help Karen out here, it would be a great shame for her to miss what's going to be a real quality night thumbsup.gif

Start to finish quality all the way thumbsup.gif

Edited by Tony Foster

O

Thanks for the reminder, Tony. And thanks for not mentioning Spec Savers! Looks good with some useful spinners running the decks.Hope you all have a great night. May make a visit in the future.

Sooo looking forward to this first soul night at Bidds and with the quality of dj's lined up it's gonna be a cracker :yes:.

Joan, is it a bit early for a woo hoo :D.

Willie

Be great to see you as ever Willie :D

Looks like it's gonna be an absolutely crackin night mate. The missus has had to drop out [un]fortunately so, devastated though I am, obviously, I'm off the leash :yes:

Edited by PhilT

Couple of really nice bits arrived today, thanks goodness! I was worried in case they didn't come in time for this weekend but here safe and sound. For those that may be interested:

- quirky, wrought iron magazine rack

- hoover for leaves in the garden

Well chuffed with both! All looking good for Saturday now thumbup.gif

DJ Times for Saturday

9.00 till 9.30 - TONY FOSTER

9.30 till 10.30 - PHIL THRELFALL

10.30 till 11.00 - TONY FOSTER

11.00 till 12.00 - CHRIS ANDERTON

12.00 till 1.00 - DAVE WELDING

1.00 till 2.00 - JUMPIN' JOAN

See you all Saturday thumbsup.gif

Tony Bro

We are SO soz we cant be there for ya opening night,, ya know what its like :yes:

Wishing you a STORMA of a Night , and with that line up i hope Bidds has the roof well nailed down as it may just be blasted away Sat night :thumbsup::yes:

Looking forward to reading what a fantastic night we missed thumbsup.gif

Seeya both soon owd son

Nige

Source Advert