Which 2006 Weekender

While we are on the subject.........Why does every weekender have to have a oldies night on the Sunday ' Oh its party night' is usually the answer, man do you need oldies to party :P thats what i've been doing for the last three days and nights :D Maybe go for a forgotten oldies night on the Sunday? rant over :shhh:

Social source share

• Replies 106
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

While we are on the subject.........Why does every weekender have to have a oldies night on the Sunday ' Oh its party night' is usually the answer, man do you need oldies to party :P thats what i've been doing for the last three days and nights :D Maybe go for a forgotten oldies night on the Sunday? rant over :shhh:

Its so you can make your self look a prat doing backdrops and handstands then when someone sees you at Lifeline or the 100 club you have the excuse that "It was party night gov'nr" I rest my case. :P

Social source share

While we are on the subject.........Why does every weekender have to have a oldies night on the Sunday ' Oh its party night' is usually the answer, man do you need oldies to party :D thats what i've been doing for the last three days and nights :shhh: Maybe go for a forgotten oldies night on the Sunday? rant over :P

Because its time to let you hair down, forget about all the plotics, Take your head out of your arse, and remember those good old days when all that mattered was the Beat & the Tempo. And enjoy the fact that you are still around to enjoy it. Unlike so many

While we are on the subject.........Why does every weekender have to have a oldies night on the Sunday ' Oh its party night' is usually the answer, man do you need oldies to party :P thats what i've been doing for the last three days and nights :D Maybe go for a forgotten oldies night on the Sunday? rant over :D

Sorry just reread you post and can see where you are coming from

Me Too :D

Social source share

Soul Essence for me as well, musically practically untouchable for me just the right balance.

The kids on site were at Cala Gran in the early 90ts weekenders as well though its because there are people who have their own caravans on site and have full use of the faciltys so it was us lot messing up there quiet Oct away!.

Social source share

hi gang i think the best weeekender, prestatyn with out a dout, and for one just a bit different rimini in italy two top places all yours mr j.p.

Social source share

Prestatyn, Cleethorpes and Rimini so far :thumbsup: Can't wait!!!!

If you are going to your first weekender then it has to be....... PRESTATYN! thumbsupalibronz.gif

Edited by Soulgirl
Social source share

Mr Tea (member who lurks, hello Terry :thumbsup: ) who lives near me attended Prestatyn this year. The only problem he said he had, was that he lost his wallet there with £350 in it. Also that the chalets were freezing, but then he said he was at the bar most of the weekend.

I suppose if I'm going to choose, it will be a straight choice between Prestatyn & Cleethorpes. Prestatyn for the artists that are on and Cleethorpes, because I get the impression that it's much more informal (more my style :thumbsup: ).

Does anybody have any idea as to what the fees are for these two next year? As in my position money will pay an important part as well, unfortunately! :thumbsup:

Anyway thanks for all the comments.

Social source share

Prestatyn is my favorite. and its not that cold as people point out. If rememeber right wheather was really nice this year and its loads to choose from. but then again I´m from Sweden so maybe not the right guy to ask....nou sure I can make it next tear though.. :thumbsup:

Lifeline weekender looks very very tempting and had many good memories from Cleethorpes as well :thumbsup:

Social source share

This is going to get flak...........what about taking kids ie (11's and under) to weekenders? I think Prestatyn seems to suffer more from that..........I don't mind them in the afternoon - fair play to them BUT I don't want kids running about the dancefloor during the evening sessions - up to 11pm, no probs but - and here's an idea...........a soul creche

Not sure if it was a good or bad thing, but at the Northampton Weekender we didn't allow children in at all! Over 18's only! What do others think on here, should we consider letting them in for our next event?

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Not sure if it was a good or bad thing, but at the Northampton Weekender we didn't allow children in at all! Over 18's only! What do others think on here, should we consider letting them in for our next event?

Cheers

Paddy

Think its a great idea keeping kids out. i know i,m lucky because mine are grown up enough so as they dont want to play out with there dad anymore. But some people aint that lucky and cant do it. But at the end of the day it was there choice to have children ! No baby sitter . Stay in i did :thumbsup:

Social source share

I have a feeling Rimini might include the Sunday next year Karen :thumbsup:

As for having children at a soul do I have these thoughts. I don't mind children that don't have to be looked after and are into the music.

For example, if I take my 10 year old she dances all night!! If the child needs to be looked after and doesn't care for the music they tend to play up and annoy everyone - it's their prerogative after all :D

So, I would probably say it is best not to accept children. Perhaps we could start a soul Passport thing that confirms their love of the music and their dancing abilities LOL :D The soul chreche is probably a better idea. I'm sure the holiday camps can provide the staff at a fee per child - someone has to pay their wages and the costs for the entertainment rota. Good idea thumbsupalibronz.gif

Edited by Soulgirl
Social source share

I have a feeling Rimini might include the Sunday next year Karen :D

As for having children at a soul do I have these thoughts. I don't mind children that don't have to be looked after and are into the music.

For example, if I take my 10 year old she dances all night!! If the child needs to be looked after and doesn't care for the music they tend to play up and annoy everyone - it's their prerogative after all :D

So, I would probably say it is best not to accept children. Perhaps we could start a soul Passport thing that confirms their love of the music and their dancing abilities LOL :D

What you just said is spot on Karen, Del's son is totally into it, he is 9 I think and was at Prestatyn and not a bit of bother to anyone. Del and her hubby kept a close eye on him so he wasn't subjected to the darker side of things and to my mind that is fine. I'm sure if you took your daughter the same would happen, its the parents who just drag kids along because they have no sitter that bother me :thumbsup:

Social source share

Del and her hubby kept a close eye on him so he wasn't subjected to the darker side of things and to my mind that is fine.

Yes its very important to keep the kids out of the 'disco' room :thumbsup:

Social source share

Lottie begs and begs to attend a weekender with me. I'm just far too selfish at the moment... I like to have no-one to worry about except myself. Until I know she is old enough to take herself back to the accommodation she's not coming. Maybe in a year or two :D

I took her to Rimini the first year I went... amazingly they let her in the club! She danced til 1am then I took her back to the hotel for bed - it was a bit stressful for me though as I couldn't take my eyes off her so she hasn't been again since. Soon though :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

i would have said fleetwood.......

i havnt missed one yet...although i must admit last years wasnt the best ...IMO

seemed to me ...same DJs...same tunes.....

maybe it would be a good idea for a few lesser know DJs to hold centre stage ??????

music wise id say a little stale IMVHO...

prime time in the modern room was almost garage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or maybe its me ?,,,seemed everyone was chasing the same groove.....

but havin said all that i shall still be there............ :thumbsup:

Social source share

Aint you lot been to Skeggy :huh: .... top notch weekender this one..... pre warm ups excellant too... and its usually nice weather too which is a bonus....

absolute array of tunes suiting all, both upstairs and down... brill friendly crowd too... Dave Raistrick does an excellent job of this one......

Social source share

Aint you lot been to Skeggy :huh: .... top notch weekender this one..... pre warm ups excellant too... and its usually nice weather too which is a bonus....

absolute array of tunes suiting all, both upstairs and down... brill friendly crowd too... Dave Raistrick does an excellent job of this one......

there are a few that never seems to get that much of a mention on here

dunno why as sure be of interest

if anyone wants to give rundown, as in how long been going, next one dates, music styles and so on feel free

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Oi you lot Soul Essence :huh: It's a secret !

Going out wise, Bilbao is very good.

New event started this year called Soulville which was very good !

Adding them all up, including over seas events there are 36 Weekenders. To many, what do you think ?

Social source share

Gavin Page said:
Oi you lot Soul Essence :huh: It's a secret !

Adding them all up, including over seas events there are 36 Weekenders. To many, what do you think ?

36 !!! Kinell :D

OK, so Essence stays a secret (is that why my deposit cheque hasn't been cashed yet ? :D )

This is A Fenn Esq playing secret records at a secret gig, at a secret location............ :huh:

Social source share

36 !!! Kinell :D

OK, so Essence stays a secret (is that why my deposit cheque hasn't been cashed yet ? :yes: )

This is A Fenn Esq playing secret records at a secret gig, at a secret location............ :D

Of that 36 weekenders, I have counted only 4 that brings over live Soul artists;

Prestatyn

Cala Gran

Hemsby

Northampton

Is there any more?

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Of that 36 weekenders, I have counted only 4 that brings over live Soul artists;

Prestatyn

Cala Gran

Hemsby

Northampton

Is there any more?

Cheers

Paddy

Southport

Jazz Fm Weekends

Clethorpes

We had Sam Dees

But to be honest as great as they are, live acts are a real pain as you now probably know Paddy?

Social source share

Southport

Jazz Fm Weekends

Clethorpes

We had Sam Dees

But to be honest as great as they are, live acts are a real pain as you now probably know Paddy?

Hi Gav

I forgot those!! How could I forget Cleethopres and JazzFM Weekenders!! I do however remember Sam Dees at yours in Yarmouth!!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

DEFINETLY NORTHAMPTON AGAIN FOR ME AND PROBABLY CLEETHORPES

BUT BOUND TO END UP AT PRESTATYN AND FLEETWOOD

ANY ACTS CONFIRMED YET PADDY ?????????????

CHRIS M :yes:

Hi Chris

Hope to have an anouncement for you in the next couple of weeks!! Oh my word!! Just wait till you hear! The line is right up there with the last one, maybe even stronger!!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Well, I've just reserved a chalet for Prestatyn. It seemed to be a case of now or never, so I thought why not?! :D

So at least this will give me something to look forward to over the long winter months! :D

You won't regret it, that I'm sure :D

There are lots of photos on my site of the past prestatyns (press what in?) and some reviews too - should get you in the mood :D

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

and I think I'm dj'ing at the Anniversary in March 2006 on the same day as my 46th.......that'll be a laugh :D Jo

Aint you lot been to Skeggy
:D
.... top notch weekender this one..... pre warm ups excellant too... and its usually nice weather too which is a bonus....

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Yeah, c'mon Paddy, spill the beans :D I can't wait.............Jo

Hi Chris

Hope to have an anouncement for you in the next couple of weeks!! Oh my word!! Just wait till you hear! The line is right up there with the last one, maybe even stronger!!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Well, I've just reserved a chalet for Prestatyn. It seemed to be a case of now or never, so I thought why not?! :D

So at least this will give me something to look forward to over the long winter months! :D

===============

Prestatyn is good, great venue, big dance-floors, but still think Cleethorpes is number 1

Winnie:-)

Social source share

I have a very soft spot for Cleethorpes myself... it was my first ever soul weekender and I spent the whole weekend walking round in awe. Now I find it snug and cuddly, everyone knows everyone and it's a real reunion type of atmosphere. I love it too :D

Social source share

Prestatyn but like someone said previously in March its the coldest place on Earth!

Thats the reason why I dont go, if only they could move it to a hot country - do or place, dont mind either!! :D

Social source share

Mind you, Cleethorpes was bloody well freezing this year. Lindsay and I sat in our caravan at some unearthly hour on the Sunday morning nearly crying it was so cold... then we had a great idea! We turned the gas fire on LOL karen_bridges02.gif

Social source share

Oi you lot Soul Essence :D It's a secret !

Secret what? (nr Caister!) :D

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

Having never attended a weekender before, I am giving serious thought to attending one next year. However financial and family restraints would mean that I could only attend one. The problem being when I see all the write ups for them it makes it hard to choose just one, from Cleethorpes, Prestatyn, Fleetwood, Whitby, Skegness, Northampton amongst others! :D

Also having to book up my annual leave for 2006 before November, doesn't help matters.

So therefore I'm after peoples recommendations and thoughts, more from the punters point of view than the promoters. If you could only attend one weekender in 2006, which one would it be?

Cleethorpes :D

Social source share

Yeah, c'mon Paddy, spill the beans :D I can't wait.............Jo

Hi Jo

All will be revealed in the next week or two including our super DJ line up with 2 or 3 new additions to the line up! It is going to be a stormer!

Cheers

Paddy :D

Social source share

Mind you, Cleethorpes was bloody well freezing this year. Lindsay and I sat in our caravan at some unearthly hour on the Sunday morning nearly crying it was so cold... then we had a great idea! We turned the gas fire on LOL karen_bridges02.gif

I think one of the things I liked about the Moat House that was the venue for the Northampton weekender was the fact that all rooms had central heating and were double glazed, so I knew I would get no grumbles from people about being cold!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

I think one of the things I liked about the Moat House that was the venue for the Northampton weekender was the fact that all rooms had central heating and were double glazed, so I knew I would get no grumbles from people about being cold!

Cheers

Paddy

For £498 a room i'd want a view over the Mediterranean with a fortnight in the sun. :angry: too expensive

I'm off to Tenerife next week, got me flights and room off t'internet and my tickets off Eddy, all for less than £250 for the two of us.!!!!!!

can't wait to get with the lads and lasses in this great venue Full to the raffters with great people enjoying the soul and sun ---who needs central heating and double glazing whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert