• Replies 36
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

is this on 7"?

i thought it was LP only? two issues?

There is a 7" of this think its spanish or somthing like that, think there might be a aussie 45 too :shades:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

There is a 7" of this think its spanish or somthing like that, think there might be a aussie 45 too :shades:

thanks baz, didn't know that....bluddy hell, that more money for me to waste on records then!!!

mark - it's marcia hines - now you know why your google alert didn't work :shades:

Social source share

ey up i can do a margie joseph W/D in M- cond for £90......can only do you an album of marcia hines @ £40...45 is a little bit hard to find...

PM me if interested

cookie :rolleyes:

£90??? Ya sure Cookie? I turned it down @ £60 last week as I thought it was a bit high - don't need Marcia LP @ £40 ta tho....

M Rez - any more? Come on - throw em at me...

Woops.....Drifters is on UK Epic not Atlantic :yes:wink.gifwink.gif

BH

Ta Blake - ya just presume all of their stuff's on Atlantic - don'tchya??

M

Marvin Smith on E Bay:

https://cgi.ebay.com/MARVIN-SMITH-RARE-NORT...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ta for the tip - this one looks muullah'd tho - any more??

Mark

Ta Pete - least I got the right city, didn't I?

Mark

Social source share

Stevens & Foster 'I Want To Be Loved' 45

Margie Joseph 'One More Chance' 45

Drifters 'Pour Your Little Heart Out' (Atlantic) 45

Walter Jackson 'Let Me Come Back' (Columbia) 45

Marcia Hinds 'You Gotta Let Go' (Wizard) 45

Marvin Smith 'Who Will Do Your Running Now' (Thomas) 45

LPs

Toby Kang (Chelsea) LP

PM me or email me on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

Thx for looking....Mark Res

Ok - can anybody give me a few ruff prices please so's I know what kinda money I'm talking on these then?

Thx..Mark

Social source share

Marcia Hines - last one I saw for sale (only one I've seen except mine) was £400 - Steve Plumb had it a couple of years ago

Which on Dig-it ? if so seen loads about. There's been at least 2 on ebay over the last8 months or so, made about £200 I think. Arctic had one a while back I believe and Northwest records man (Gene I think his name is) had one for $125.......which I missed ph34r.gif

Social source share

Marcia Hines - last one I saw for sale (only one I've seen except mine) was £400 - Steve Plumb had it a couple of years ago

I bought mine ( Marcia Hines, wizard 7" ) Off Phil Arnold when he had just returned from Australia about 3yrs ago cost me £300. There was one on here in the sales section either earlier this week or late last week, cant remember who it was though sorry.

Steve

Social source share

Have just put a copy of the Marcia Hines " Marcia Shines " LP up for auction on ebay if anybody is interested. This was the first issue then it was rereleased on a greatest hits LP.

Social source share

Which on Dig-it ? if so seen loads about. There's been at least 2 on ebay over the last8 months or so, made about £200 I think. Arctic had one a while back I believe and Northwest records man (Gene I think his name is) had one for $125.......which I missed wink.gif

No, the much rarer Australian Wizard copy.... 12 known copies according to the Capitol Soul Club website... Reckon it's probably a few more than that though...

Social source share

Mark !

I have a Marcia Hines 45 on Aussie Wizard

For Sale, ex- condition .

Yes its extremely rare, I spoke to Marcia myself many years ago about it and the story was that it was the follow up to her first big hit in Australia which was a dead slow ballad.

For some reason the record company scheduled the follow up with "You Gotta Let Go" an uptempo dancer of course and the reaction was stone cold , so they pulled it and issued another ballad and she duly had another hit !!!

300 UK GBP & I'll throw in postage for free. PM me and let me know how you prefer to pay.

Incidentally, I also have a Gloria Scott Aussie 45 on Casablanca for sale , most definitely only 15 - 25 in existence is the general consensus.

For Sale @ 650 UK GBP

Cheers!

Social source share

No, the much rarer Australian Wizard copy.... 12 known copies according to the Capitol Soul Club website... Reckon it's probably a few more than that though...

Sold it for a fiver... wink.gif

Social source share

LPs

Toby Kang (Chelsea) LP

dave Welding had a Marvin Smith in his box last night

Social source share

Mark !

I have a Marcia Hines 45 on Aussie Wizard

For Sale, ex- condition .

Yes its extremely rare, I spoke to Marcia myself many years ago about it and the story was that it was the follow up to her first big hit in Australia which was a dead slow ballad.

For some reason the record company scheduled the follow up with "You Gotta Let Go" an uptempo dancer of course and the reaction was stone cold , so they pulled it and issued another ballad and she duly had another hit !!!

300 UK GBP & I'll throw in postage for free. PM me and let me know how you prefer to pay.

Incidentally, I also have a Gloria Scott Aussie 45 on Casablanca for sale , most definitely only 15 - 25 in existence is the general consensus.

For Sale @ 650 UK GBP

Cheers!

Re the GS 45 - over the years i've seen, probably, 10 to 15 copies come up for sale so there would def be well in excess of 25 copies in 'existence' ???.

Girf

Edited by Girthdevon
Social source share

When i bought mine 3years ago there were only 6 known copies so if you wait another 3 years it may well have doubled again blush.gif I know that the now retired MR WILLINGHAM ( SIR ) had a copy so i am assuming that it will be available though John Manship.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Margie Joseph 'One More Chance' 45 -£60

Marvin Smith 'Who Will Do Your Running Now' (Mayfield) 45 £120

Toby Kang (Chelsea) LP £200

Mark, these were the prices I paid earlier this year for the above. The last 2 were probably a bit over priced though.

I've seen a dealer price that Toby Kang at 60 eur. He had it a few times.

Social source share

When i bought mine 3years ago there were only 6 known copies so if you wait another 3 years it may well have doubled again :thumbsup: I know that the now retired MR WILLINGHAM ( SIR ) had a copy so i am assuming that it will be available though John Manship.
ive got a wizard 45 copy

not for sale though sorry

have the lp

30-00 or 2 for 50-00 :thumbsup:

Social source share

LPs

Toby Kang (Chelsea) LP

Hi

I have a Margie Joseph white demo for sale here, ending in a couple of hours:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Northern-Soul-MARGIE-J...1QQcmdZViewItem

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Marvin Smith 'Who Will Do Your Running Now' (Mayfield) 45 £120

Mark, these were the prices I paid earlier this year for the above. The last 2 were probably a bit over priced though.

Social source share

Source Advert