Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Spring)

Guest east rob

The fabulous voice of patti Hamilton never refuses to deliver a top notch sound in all she has done IMHO nice post Rob here's a couple from me

I cant see the button for "double like" :thumbup: :thumbup:

Social source share

One from me today by a very underrated group who have done a few great northern tunes.You can pick this up on the demo's for less then a tenner but it also came out as a B side of "Stop Playing Around" (can't find this side on You Tube) which is quite a bit more expensive.

The Decisions-Do You Love Me Sussex

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

philly today. The O'jays, flip of " use ta be my girl "

cheap. just how I like em. :thumbsup:

Rob

I've had this years & always loved it,then I heard it played out whoooooo...........covered up!!! I couldn't believe it,an O'Jays tune C/U whatever next..........don't think the C/U lasted long :lol:

Jackie Moore has done a version but for me isn't anywhere near as good.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI ALL here's a real oldie, that I have played at least twice a day, for the last month, when I started to play some LPs. remember them they are like a 7" 45.RPM but 12" and play at 33 1/3 RPM Plus they have about 7 tracks each side? I don't think this gimmick will catch on in our scene?? however the LP was full of Lupine records, very nice, and it is from playing that LP, that I looked through my 45s for the most played track, I could only find King Curtis "night train", so a quick visit to EBay and I got a replacement on me Matt in 2 days,

A nice copy of EDDIE FLOYD - BYE BYE BYE - SPECIALITY SPE 1001.Rt ***** value £15+, this is a great club sound with a thumping beat, I recommend you play it on full volume a LOUD #11 on your amp :rofl: I love this to bits, I really do! :thumbsup: DAVE

post-13241-0-45916200-1333316881_thumb.j

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2:https://youtu.be/JvLqsDXrWiA

HI ALL ....How did this record land up in a collector of UK SOUL Records? Yhe answer has nothing to do with it being rare, indemand, or a must have....

It was an out of the blue prezzie from the trouble & strife, it's that sort of thing in life that we all love in a relationship :g: well I do.

I remember this on a 70s Soul Bowl list fo 85p. the record has great lyrics and is very soulful, infact the B side instremental is also great.

the record is by KIM ESTON - DETROIT"" VOC & INST- RAHKIM RS-101. RARED **** VALUE £8, Agood record for any BOX. :thumbsup: DAVE

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This from me today another cheap great sounding record that pushes all the right buttons

Andy

New to me until very recently when a mate played it to me,loved it straight away.Some great vocals & a nice full production,not sure how it would sound out as it's maybe hasn't got enough pace for the dancers???

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

An old Richard Searling tune from me today,his "Men In The Moon" C/U from the late 70t's early 80t's.On reflection he probably queued a bit of the beginning out as I don't remember it taking so long to get going but once it does the memories come flooding back.

Mike Jemison-You'll Never Get Me Love Lake

Cheers

Martyn

PS Opening few bars remind me of the "Hill Street Blues" theme tune????

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Andy

New to me until very recently when a mate played it to me,loved it straight away.Some great vocals & a nice full production,not sure how it would sound out as it's maybe hasn't got enough pace for the dancers???

Cheers

Martyn

. Heard it played out Martyn fits in nicely @ a soulnite after a more uptempo tune well just to get your breath back IMO cheers! Andy
Social source share

An old Richard Searling tune from me today,his "Men In The Moon" C/U from the late 70t's early 80t's.On reflection he probably queued a bit of the beginning out as I don't remember it taking so long to get going but once it does the memories come flooding back.

Mike Jemison-You'll Never Get Me Love Lake

Cheers

Martyn

PS Opening few bars remind me of the "Hill Street Blues" theme tune????

I think Searling did miss out a bit of the beginning think it made a bit of a stir when played at Wigan that was when I used to wait with baited breath for the next new sound from searling got to say he usually delivered, and did with this without a doubt.
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL If you are about my age 60, you probably were into soul music, reggae & pop music as part of your teenage, and depending on where you lived, while growing up, the music you listen to at that time, has had a big impact on what you listen to to-day?

Over the last 2 decades, those of you, not all, have become great followers of 70s Soul music that still retains the steady beat rhythms that we all loved in NORTHERN SOUL,

However there are still some of us that get a kick from 60s MOD GROUPS, so my record to-day is a typical MOD style dancer, this record has eluded me for years, and would love to own a UK PAGE ONE copy, if anyone has a copy for sale? on PAGE ONE 104.

My copy is on US FONTANA F-1565, the TREND - "SHOT ON SIGHT" Rated **** Value £15 for US copy, maybe more?

ANY WAY, I BELIEVE IT'S NON PLAY OUT, MERRITS IT TO BE MY DISK OF THE DAY? GIVE IT A LISTEN PLEASE :rofl: DAVE

post-13241-0-03895500-1333493083_thumb.j

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

This from me today

like most of us slowing things down a little LoL

the other miserable sod blocked it , so here's another one

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

This afternoon's offering: A record that took me long time to find on promo in Mint but was worth the wait. Another Sunday Brunch play at Hitsville. People who know me know of my affection for Ollie Mac's stuff and this is one of the peaks of his Karen imprint. A side written by Capitols member and hugely underated songwriter Donald Storball. B side I think is slightly more a favourite of mine but it's fag paper between them. Mr Storball, when I spoke to ,didn't have much to say that was complimentary about Ollie but somehow they managed to bang out a few absolute classics.

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/x76cKaLovC0

https://youtu.be/TWvgkrg1kd8

Edited by Dave Moore
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

As I've been AWOL for the past week or so I thought I'd take the liberty of an extra post: Another of Ollie's that's quite hard to locate on promo in nice nick but is worth the hunt. I don't know anything about the Compacts so any info appreciated. Great vocals over a laid back mid 70s track. It's the penultimate release on Carla so the group only made one with Ollie but they must have made stuff before and after?

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/6aQXjWVf-Ro

Social source share