Soulsource Record Club, Your Record Of The Day Mid-Summer

• Replies 454
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Paul

Newie to me,a right little mover.Has that old school feel to it & I mean that in a good way,a has very Motown feel?

Cheers

Martyn

I don't know the history, other than it's a detroit tune Martyn. I just know I've always loved it, and was glad I remembered it yesterday! Been playing it all morning!

Social source share

Was at a mates wedding "do" yesterday & he had a live act on............Spyder Turner,yes thee Spyder Turner.He didn't do any of his northern stuff but plenty classic soul sounds,he still had his voice & was full of energy,he had the place rockin'.......now that's what I call a wedding :D

So can only post one thing today.............

Spyder Turner-I Can't Make It Anymore MGM

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As I missed out on posting yesterday so thought I'd sneak another up.

Today's offering is from one of my fave artists..........Darrow Fletcher.If you fancy seeing him live he'll be performing over here later this year,I know he's at The Wilton All-nighter but not sure if he's got any other dates?This is such a brilliant dancer & always fills the floor.

Darrow Fletcher - What Good Am I Without You Jacklyn

Cheers

Martyn

PS Anyone off to The 100 Club next week,come say "Hi",there's a gang of us coming down so should be fun.

Social source share

Guest east rob

The Spinners - bad weather (till you come home) motown,

nice summery tune! :wicked:

poor video, but cannot find a better one

Edited by east rob
Social source share

The Spinners - bad weather (till you come home) motown,

nice summery tune! :wicked:

poor video, but cannot find a better one

Rob

Great double-sider,I bought it for the other side.........."I Just Can't Help But Feel The Pain" but now just think "Bad Weather" shades it.

"Bad Weather" was G.C Cameron's first outing for The Spinners.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Thaught ad just sneak this in while everyone's gettin ready for today's festivities at Whitby getting massive dance floor action as well as Donnie Ray whos Roking you- R.Kelly - Share My Love ps ya gunna have to teach me how to pace myself Martyn not workin so far!!!! But Avin a bloody good go.!!

Social source share

Thaught ad just sneak this in while everyone's gettin ready for today's festivities at Whitby getting massive dance floor action as well as Donnie Ray whos Roking you- R.Kelly - Share My Love ps ya gunna have to teach me how to pace myself Martyn not workin so far!!!! But Avin a bloody good go.!!

Andy

12 years of doing weekenders & still not mastered that bit yet either.............can't usually see by Sunday never mind post something on SS...........have fun matey :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

A tune so full of energy its infectious.

And what a great performance on the video.....

Gloria Jones - Heartbeat

Nuff Said!

Social source share

Tommie Young for me today.... "Hit & Run Lover"

Dave

Dave

Tune!! Been on the wants list awhile now,keep thinking I'm gonna pick one up cheap but it's not going to happen.Going to have to dig a bit deeper..........a true Yorkshireman you see :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Dave

Tune!! Been on the wants list awhile now,keep thinking I'm gonna pick one up cheap but it's not going to happen.Going to have to dig a bit deeper..........a true Yorkshireman you see :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

Martin,

Had the same dilemma myself a year or so back! Got it for about £80 M-, but seen a few cheaper ones since then, albeit some with lesser grade.

Never get tired of it though, so money well spent.

Cheers

Dave

Social source share

Martin,

Had the same dilemma myself a year or so back! Got it for about £80 M-, but seen a few cheaper ones since then, albeit some with lesser grade.

Never get tired of it though, so money well spent.

Cheers

Dave

Dave

I would have thought that was about right for one in good nick.I can see why you never tire of it,top tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

from the album , the truth has come to light , the blue notes / the girl makes me wanna sing

Gogger

New to me & it was one them I had to play a couple of time to decide if I either hated it or loved it..........& it's I love it :D

Strange thing but I like strange.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share