Guest NASHEE

• Replies 41
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

Little John Ullah...a much loved soulie. Passed away at 4.40am this morning.

I cant say more..too upset

best

Linda

linda, is this john from out lincoln way?

regular at the wilton

very sad if so. had many a chats with the man

Shane

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

linda, is this john from out lincoln way?

regular at the wilton

very sad if so. had many a chats with the man

Shane

Hi Shane...He was one of he scenes characters..I'm lost for words

Edited by NASHEE
Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Hi John...He was one of he scenes characters..I'm lost for words

sorry to hear this linda.

just checking to see if we are talking about the same man?

he also dj'ed at the fox, colsterworth a few years back

thanks

Shane

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

sorry to hear this linda.

just checking to see if we are talking about the same man?

he also dj'ed at the fox, colsterworth a few years back

thanks

Shane

Yes Shane...Thats Little John.

Edited by NASHEE
Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Linda

Have spoken to Christine this morning, again like you can't really believe this has happended.

Roger & Jenny

Hi you two.

It just wont sink in...another empty chair around the soul table. :shhh:

Social source share

Shit, Only just got to know the bloke, Put me right on a few things and allways answerd any questions I asked him reguarding Soul Music No matter how mundane,Shared a lift with him & Christine to wilton on my last few visits. Top guy all round.

My deepest sympathy to Christine and his family

Social source share

Spent many a night travelling with him to various nighters up down the country, trying to out do each other with who could do the best tape for the car. If you needed something and he could help he`d go out of his way to do so.

I used to love how when we`d be at a soul night with no plans to go anywhere after him and my missus would scheme to get me to take us all to a nighter. "were off to such and such a place" he`d say "oh yeah, how you gettin there" ide reply, "Denise says your taking us", big grin all over his face

A real character and good friend, my thoughts are with Christine,very very sad news,

Trev

Edited by Coxy
Social source share

What sad news. Fond memories of a very knowledgeable and likeable soul dude, many's a time he'd have the speaker phone on playing sounds to me and shouting of their qualities, hadn't seen him in a while due to other commitments at home but will be missed hugely by myself and the northern scene.

Social source share

Condolences to Christine, family and close friends. It will be weird not seeing John at Wilton in a few weeks time.

Thinking of you,

Kirsty and Michael

Social source share

I'm totally lost for words, i simply can't find the words to say how so very sad i am to hear this news, John was a top bloke and i'm so glad i knew him, he was a one off true original always supported our Allnighters way back in the early 90's, had a good ear for a good record and he will be sadly missed, i'm stunned.........

Our thoughts are with Christine and John's family at this very sad time.

Mark and Jacqui Bicknell.

Social source share

best

Linda

sam moore and jeanette have asked me to pass on there condolences to johns family.I would like to give mine too.a sad day.
Social source share

Just got in from work and got the bad news..totally gutted!

We regulary spent hours playing sounds to each other down the 'phone.

I'm gonna miss the big fella..

Oggie (Melton Mafia)

Social source share

Just got in from work and got the bad news..totally gutted!

We regulary spent hours playing sounds to each other down the 'phone.

I'm gonna miss the big fella..

Oggie (Melton Mafia)

======

feel that i know him but cant place the guy at the moment but terrible news indeed

condolences to his family at this terrible time

regards

mark

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Little John, the "Mexican Bandit" as Jo and I affectionatly refered to him, was one of the scenes last remaining 'true' characters. A great bloke, had many a natter with him at the Wilton, and other venues over the years. R.I.P. John, the scenes loss is Heavens gain.

Social source share

He was one of the characters from the scene. Deepest sympathy to Christine.

The Wilton wont be the same without him, first Ian & now him, very sad.

Kirsty & Alison from Leeds

Social source share

Guest Graham

best

Linda

Very sad to hear the news of Johns death.

A genuine lovely guy,always enthusiastic,loved the music,could be very funny as well,loved his T shirts,the blazer,and one year a fabulous snowman jumper!!! Knew his stuff,introduced me to a good few records (esp Linda Hopkins stuff!!) Very very good DJ as well,Ill miss seeing his chubby little face.

Deepest sympathys to Christine from The Elephants of Soul.

Social source share

Guest Brian J

I recognise him from the photograph and I've spoken to him at a venue somewhere, quite some time ago.

Deepest sympathies go out to all his family and close friends, as well as those of you here on Soul Source who were close to him.

I don't know what tunes he was into most but I've picked Man Of Value by the Del Royals and playing it in his memory.

God rest John,

I hope you find peace

and I'll catch you again soon bro on the big dancefloor.

Social source share

Very sad news indeed, and a shock to us all. Condolences to Christine and her family. John will be sadly missed at the Wilton. Mouse has spoken to Christine, and we all intend to make the funeral Tuesday 17th Jan at 1.30 - Scunthorpe Crematorium.

Shane Cox, a very, very close friend of John, is gutted. He has lost someone special.

From Mouse, John Britton & Boxy, Wilton Allnighter.

Next Wilton - 20th January.

Social source share

Very sad news indeed, and a shock to us all. Condolences to Christine and her family. John will be sadly missed at the Wilton. Mouse has spoken to Christine, and we all intend to make the funeral Tuesday 17th Jan at 1.30 - Scunthorpe Crematorium.

Shane Cox, a very, very close friend of John, is gutted. He has lost someone special.

From Mouse, John Britton & Boxy, Wilton Allnighter.

Next Wilton - 20th January.

Very sad news,a great guy-John will be sadly missed.

Andy & Susanne.

Edited by TFK
Social source share

Wasn,t till sat i knew who he was since moved south dont get to wilton to often he was a nice guy sadly missed

Heavenly Blocked :ohmy: (aka Nige Shaw )

Social source share

Very sad to hear the news of Johns death.

A genuine lovely guy,always enthusiastic,loved the music,could be very funny as well,loved his T shirts,the blazer,and one year a fabulous snowman jumper!!! Knew his stuff,introduced me to a good few records (esp Linda Hopkins stuff!!) Very very good DJ as well,Ill miss seeing his chubby little face.

Deepest sympathys to Christine from The Elephants of Soul.

Although I've not seen him for a short while, I can only add what Graham has said. Those obscure tips he used to pass on and those bags of sweets him and Christine pitched up at the Wilton with. A great character, in a world short of them, he'll be missed by many. Best wishes from the rest of the Herd :P

Social source share

I'm no good at these things and I was really shocked to learn of LJ's death - blimey I was only talking to him at the Wilton last november! He'd been after a record for years that I'd taped for him and I didnt know he was still chasing it. Had a spare in my sales box that I'd just sold earlier that night oops! He was always pestering me to sell him 2 records out of my collection (good man). Struth, its only a few weeks ago that he rang me to play some records down the phone. We would've had numerous chats at the forthcoming Wilton - hell he won't be there!

If Boxy/Mouse is reading this can we have a minutes silence or something in rememberance at the wilton on the 20th?

derek

Social source share

Just a quickie to let you know.

Johns funeral will take place at

Scunthorpe Crematorium

on

Tuesday 17th January

at

1.30 pm

THANKS FOR THAT,(SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT I`VE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT CHRISTINE FOR THE DETAILS). Can`t seem to find her number anymore.... laugh.gif:D:D:thumbsup:

Stuart Bower and Cathryn

Edited by The Soul Intention
Social source share

THANKS FOR THAT,(SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT I`VE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT CHRISTINE FOR THE DETAILS). Can`t seem to find her number anymore.... laugh.gif:D:D:thumbsup:

Stuart Bower and Cathryn

Hi Stuart.

It will be great to see you again....Just wish it wasn't under such unhappy circumstances

If you want Christines phone number send me a pm on here or email linda.couldtone@ntlworld.com

best

Ted & Nashee

Social source share

Hi Stuart.

It will be great to see you again....Just wish it wasn't under such unhappy circumstances

If you want Christines phone number send me a pm on here or email linda.couldtone@ntlworld.com

best

Ted & Nashee

Can`t wait to see you again too, sweetheart. I wish it was under better circumstances too.

But expect an email or thirty three.....soon.

Stuart & Cathryn

xxxxxxxxx

Edited by The Soul Intention
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert