Northern Soul Auction

Kev John

I've contacted the auctioneers, a hard copy catalogue is apparently available from the end of this week.

I've also checked on the buyer's fees and the response from the auctioneer is shown below.

Hi Chris,

Buyers commission of 15%+VAT (18% inclusive of VAT) is payable on all winning bids.

Therefore if you bid £100 the total amount payable will be £118.

Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards

Paul

Social source share

Hi Chris,

Not many will be able to attend and it is 22.5% online and 18% in person along with a further 3% for credit card purchases.

No extra charge for debit card , that's nice !

Best

David

Taken from the website:

Charges

- The Buyer’s Premium for this sale if bidding online is 22.5% of the hammer price (inclusive of online fees and VAT where applicable). For example, if you bid up to £100, you will pay £100 + 22.5%, so £122.50 in total

- The Buyer’s Premium for this sale if bidding in person, via telephone or via an absentee bid made directly with Omega Auctions is 18% (inclusive of VAT where applicable). For example, if you bid up to £100, you will pay £100 + 18%, so £118 in total

- Credit card payments incur a 2.5%+VAT charge (3% inclusive). There is no additional charge for debit card payments.

Edited by spook
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi to all at Soul Source,

I will be the auctioneer on the day and can promise some great lots for all those bidding (just getting the auction room ready now!)

We have viewing days from 11am to 7pm on Tuesday and Weds so plenty of time to view the records and search through the job lots (which in my opinion are potentially great value for money with some little gems hidden amongst them).

We hope to make the Northern Soul auction a regular event with one scheduled for March next year so the more that get involved the more likely we are to have more in the future - also if anybody out there has a similar collection or just a few records they would like to sell then get in touch and we can see about including them in our forthcoming auctions.

Thanks and hopefully see some of you this week.

Paul

• Helpful 1
Social source share