George Blackwell Boot On Ebay As Original

Pete S

Anyone see that one which finished just now - guy said it was original, looked all the world like the first boot, Mick Smith and John Anderson both also reckon it's a boot, and it went for £160 or something like that. A true original would have fetched £600. The seller was emailed and made aware of the fact but ignored it.

A complete disgrace.

Social source share

• Replies 63
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Anyone see that one which finished just now - guy said it was original, looked all the world like the first boot, Mick Smith and John Anderson both also reckon it's a boot, and it went for £160 or something like that. A true original would have fetched £600. The seller was emailed and made aware of the fact but ignored it.

A complete disgrace.

didn't see it pete.

was it a british seller? if so it's fraud and cops should be called.

Social source share

A complete disgrace.

I've got one exactly the same, bought brand new over the counter from a shop, they had a cardboard box with about 50 identical others in & the price was 99p in 1976.

A couple of people have sworn blind it's an original when going through my box & wouldn't have it at first when told it wasn't. It has a monarch stamp on the run out & according to the matrix number it was pressed in the 70's.

Mark.

Social source share

A complete disgrace.

I've got one exactly the same, bought brand new over the counter from a shop, they had a cardboard box with about 50 identical others in & the price was 99p in 1976.

A couple of people have sworn blind it's an original when going through my box & wouldn't have it at first when told it wasn't. It has a monarch stamp on the run out & according to the matrix number it was pressed in the 70's.

Mark.

one of Soussans better boots???

Social source share

A complete disgrace.

this is definate boot you can even see the monarch stamp if you blow picture up enough the guy's from notts /derby area bloody disgrace and more fool the person who brought it

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
this is definate boot you can even see the monarch stamp if you blow picture up enough the guy's from notts /derby area bloody disgrace and more fool the person who brought it
I have a one-side demo copy on a pale yellow/orange colour on vinyl, anybody seen a demo before.
Social source share

Mine looks like the one in the photo but has the tiny matrix stamp on both sides and KB 200 A in the deadwax.

Question:-

If someone is prepared to pay that sort of money for a 45, surely they would check with the seller on all the known relevant facts as to it's authenticity ( as per Mr Maships guide)

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Just got a reply back from the seller.

He knows it's a boot, but says "the buyer will decide'??

also a bit of slagging etc. Basicaly, a cocky c**t who does'nt care about giving the scene a bad name! :lol:

I think we should swamp his mailbox with rip-off messages laugh.gif

Social source share

Just got a reply back from the seller.

He knows it's a boot, but says "the buyer will decide'??

also a bit of slagging etc. Basicaly, a cocky c**t who does'nt care about giving the scene a bad name! :lol:

I think we should swamp his mailbox with rip-off messages laugh.gif

Either a cocky c**t Trev or another idiot who does not know the difference????? had it been listed as a boot and then someone chose to bid over the odds then that's down to them, what a sad state of affairs when there is no challenges to these chancers.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Not an idiot who does'nt know the difference, I'm afraid, not when he mails me with this- "youve got nothing better to do come down to notts ill show you around in our city we have robin hood (the prince of thieves). we can carry this on as long as you want mate"

People like this make me sick :angry:

seen the buyer, paulnsoulfan, about a lot on ebay, usualy buys decent stuff. Anyone know him??

mailed him with a link to this thread, hope he refuses to pay.

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Mark is that strange speeded up version????

Mark Bicknell.

It is a different mix to the Blue issue, but seems real enough being one-sided like a lot of demo's from that area of the USA. smile.gif
Social source share

Not an idiot who does'nt know the difference, I'm afraid, not when he mails me with this- "youve got nothing better to do come down to notts ill show you around in our city we have robin hood (the prince of thieves). we can carry this on as long as you want mate"

Wow Trev....people like that deserve to 'keep the faith' mate and wedge it right up where the sun don't shine, i hope the bidder don't send the wanker the money......this is wrong and something needs doing about it, ebay really need to look at all the scams and dodgy dealings on there.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Just tell the fukcer,robin hood was never from nott`s,its just a tourist thing,like kilt`s :lol: tell him to fukc off bakc to his tree........... laugh.gif

Social source share

seen the buyer, paulnsoulfan, about a lot on ebay, usualy buys decent stuff. Anyone know him??

mailed him with a link to this thread, hope he refuses to pay.

good work trev :lol:

if the buyer is reading this i'll say it again, go to the cops - only way we'll ever stop this sort of thing is to make a stand. that's a straightforward fraud and what's more the seller's replies to you (trev) aggravate the offence ie he knows exactly what he's doing and is revelling in it. might even get custody for it, particularly if he's habitual, which would be nice laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I seem to remember you playing it out way back and it sounded speeded up to me?

Mark Bicknell.

Mark, that's when I use to forget to turn the speed back to normal after puting up for the previous record.
Social source share

Just tell the fukcer,robin hood was never from nott`s,its just a tourist thing,like kilt`s :lol: tell him to fukc off bakc to his tree........... laugh.gif

Infact he`s full yorkshire,so the historians say. :D

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I reckon we need to play both back to back and see/compare the difference? interesting this.....lol

Mark Bicknell.

I play it to back to back with Small Paul's, it's different mix no doubt about that, Paul seems to agree that it's real. I sent a scan to Greg Tormo years ago when he did an article on his site, he said it seemed real enough from the scan and the info I forwarded to him. I have asked around various people no one seems to have seen a similar copy. I've had the record since the mid 1970's, bought it off Dia Hamilton from Holywell North Wales. Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

I play it to back to back with Small Paul's, it's different mix no doubt about that, Paul seems to agree that it's real. I sent a scan to Greg Tormo years ago when he did an article on his site, he said it seemed real enough from the scan and the info I forwarded to him. I have asked around various people no one seems to have seen a similar copy.

I guess it could be authentic 'Mr Loser' was yellow was it not???? so you may very well have a gem there Mark.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

RESULT!!!

Buyer mailed me, and WILL NOT be buying it now, thanks to info supplied via this link :lol:

Well done guys laugh.gif

There seems to be so much of this going on now, e-bay need to hire an expert to vet stuff before it gets put up... but of course, they really don't give a shit :angry:

Social source share

RESULT!!!

Buyer mailed me, and WILL NOT be buying it now, thanks to info supplied via this link :lol:

Well done guys laugh.gif

There seems to be so much of this going on now, e-bay need to hire an expert to vet stuff before it gets put up... but of course, they really don't give a shit :angry:

I'm gonna make some noise about this on my show in the next couple of weeks, you are so right Trev Ebay don't give a shit, but they bloody well should they make enough fucking money out of people for fee's etc. but never any support or protection from them when it goes tits up!

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I'm gonna make some noise about this on my show in the next couple of weeks, you are so right Trev Ebay don't give a shit, but they bloody well should they make enough fucking money out of people for fee's etc. but never any support or protection from them when it goes tits up!

Mark Bicknell.

Sent in you`re CV yet then Mark?........ :lol:

Social source share

they make enough fucking money out of people for fee's etc.

Mark Bicknell.

That's exactly the point Mark - they're making money and the noise about this type of stuff is not even getting on the radar. Well done to Pete S and Trevski - Pete S for exposing it in the first place and Trevski for pursuading the buyer not to go through with the sale. :lol:

Social source share

That's exactly the point Mark - they're making money and the noise about this type of stuff is not even getting on the radar. Well done to Pete S and Trevski - Pete S for exposing it in the first place and Trevski for pursuading the buyer not to go through with the sale. :lol:

Cue death threats to me from the seller...

Social source share

i have a few mates on various papers. if someone can pull together the various recent scams, and would be prepared to talk to a paper, on the record and with some sort of authority, about this i could have a go at getting some publicity. no guarantee they would be interested but it sounds like a story to me.

'fraudsters target ebay record nonces', that sort of thing :lol:

would ideally need to be a dealer so pete, jm, someone like that??

only a thought, understand if don't want to put heads above parapet.

Edited by Dan
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert