News: Record Store Day - 20th April 2013 plus Official Film

Mike

I've got two record store day releases coming up this year. Might be of interest to S.S. Readers.....

ASHROCKS1 Ashley Beedle Rocks Re-Edits — Record Store Day Limited Edition

A special treat for Record Store Day! We’re delighted to release two classic Rock tunes which have never been on 12” ever and now both have the benefit of receiving spanking new Ashley Beedle re-edits, which take both tunes to another level. 

Family’s “Burlesque”, always one of the GREAT Funk/Rock classics, now gets re-booted into a tour-de-force of sonic wizardry with a 5.33 booming Ashley Beedle workout designed to shake the foundations of any room. From the second that Rob Townsend and John Wetton’s drum and bass establishes the groove and Charlie Whitney’s guitar riff kicks in we know we’re in for a masterpiece Funk/Rock opus before Roger Chapman floors everyone with his best razor-gargling wailing ever. A masterpiece!

Appreciated in collector’s circles and with Rolling Stones aficionados for decades, Ruth Copeland’s incredible version of the Stone’s "Gimme Shelter" has been many a DJ’s ‘secret weapon’ for the last two decades. Ashley Beedle has weaved his magic again and produced 9 minute plus marathon workout  which features such luminaries as bassist Billy ‘Bass’ Wilson, guitarist Eddie Hazel and keyboardist  Bernie Worrell among many others. Has to be heard to be believed and the best way to do this is on this one-off 12” release!

HELLFIRE1 The Heaven N’ Hell Remixes — Ashley Beedle & Tom Moulton - Record Store Day Limited Edition

Ever since the inclusion of the Tom Moulton remix on the best-selling “Philly Re-Grooved” album, Heaven N’ Hell’s hypnotic “Whatcha Gonna Do” has been the No.1 most requested track for Harmless to release on 12” vinyl.

Well the wait is finally over and it’s been worth it. We’re proud to announce that this iconic anthem now gets a full 12” release for the first time ever! Plus we’ve added a brand new 9.54 Ashley Beedle rework which is currently blowing people away together with the original 9.48 Tom Moulton remix and as a special treat we’ve rescued a never-before released 10.19 Tom Moulton Instrumental remix.

Demand will be extremely high from the off as none of these tracks have ever been available on 12” before and our indications are that this tune will very much become one of the anthems of summer 2013. Don’t say we didn’t warn ya!

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I've promised myself that if I ever win the lottery I will open a record and coffee shop.

I won't care if it steadily loses money and I won't let people in who are not vinyl geeks. I'll have a soulful singles corner just for NS.

Bliss!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I thought it was longer than that?

Shame though Keith was a great bloke.

Yeah Chalky

Keith was a nice bloke it's really sad when a well established business/local institution like Hudson's goes to the wall. Not only did he sell records but instruments and sheet music as well, where's any young kids who want to learn to play a instrument gonna go now.

The damage the download is doing extends farther than just physical vinyl record sales. It's actually killing the music industry as a whole stone dead. Did you see Byonce on the TV the other night lamenting the demise of the album market. If she's finding it tough what chance has a up and coming independent artist ?

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

ah the old record shop!! in sheffield inthe good olds days we had Violet Mays, Wilson Pecks, Revolution Records there all gone now!

but there is light at the end of the Tunnel !!! Andys Records charter sq  sheffield, he works on every level of music on vinyl

and he's an old soulie, I pop in every week to chat and listen to the music I am buying,

I will be poping in on the 20th on record store day.

Nigel & Elaine

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!