New Vinyl Recommendations

Guest uroffal

best i could do was to pre order .

As long as you get one fella, thats the main thing. i was surprised to get mine. difference is mines stuck in a box, and yours would have had an airing today no doubt.

have a good 'un buddy, and give nicole and ebony some volume.  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As long as you get one fella, thats the main thing. i was surprised to get mine. difference is mines stuck in a box, and yours would have had an airing today no doubt.

have a good 'un buddy, and give nicole and ebony some volume.  :thumbsup:

both sounded g8 loud at Waterfront chillout last Sunday -see playlists thread
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Reviving the thread.......catchy as hell you have to admit............and if you're not sure I would just grab one while you can..........I was going to download it, so this was a very pleasant surprise:

https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product-detail/Vinyl+Singles/64/Universal/Pharrell+Williams/Happy++Just+A+Cloud+Away/vinyl/4269

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Really Mark,

I understand the argument that it's soulful and right for the floor, and a big well done to Mr Williams for going old school and all that. but it seems to be every other play on radios 1 & 2 and to be frank it's really getting on my nerves without being played out 'n' about. :) 

Thanks for bumping the thread though. :thumbsup: 

John

This suffers from being one of those you like on first hearing but being so catchy after about a dozen hearings your liking it starts to fade.

Social source share

Reviving the thread.......catchy as hell you have to admit............and if you're not sure I would just grab one while you can..........I was going to download it, so this was a very pleasant surprise:

https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product-detail/Vinyl+Singles/64/Universal/Pharrell+Williams/Happy++Just+A+Cloud+Away/vinyl/4269

Cheers,

Mark R

one just got sold on ebay for £119!!! Others seem to be attracting bids and rising prices - an indemand piece of vinyl.
Social source share

Really Mark,

I understand the argument that it's soulful and right for the floor, and a big well done to Mr Williams for going old school and all that. but it seems to be every other play on radios 1 & 2 and to be frank it's really getting on my nerves without being played out 'n' about. :) 

John

better than 'tribute'
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Really Mark,

John

John, you forget one important point mate............I just buy music I like, and it doesn't have to be for the purposes of DJ'ing or even dancing............that's an important fact to consider.  I'll buy a full priced new release CD for a killer ballad if the track moves me.

I do know what you mean about getting overplayed though!

And interestingly, the fact that it's retro in feel makes no difference in my selecting a purchase............more often than not that turns me off rather than on!

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 3
Social source share

one just got sold on ebay for £119!!! Others seem to be attracting bids and rising prices - an indemand piece of vinyl.

Andy, I spoke to Fish this afternoon and he told me that it is extremely limited and that he'd tried to get more stock and they were all gone!

Bit of a story really......my email to him failed earlier today but luckily I realised and rang him............having talked to him I'm glad I didn't hang about and made the call!!

Cue the buyers of multiple copies, instead of letting everyone lucky enough to get in in time enjoy a copy at £10 a pop!

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Andy, I spoke to Fish this afternoon and he told me that it is extremely limited and that he'd tried to get more stock and they were all gone!

Bit of a story really......my email to him failed earlier today but luckily I realised and rang him............having talked to him I'm glad I didn't hang about and made the call!!

Cue the buyers of multiple copies, instead of letting everyone lucky enough to get in in time enjoy a copy at £10 a pop!

Cheers,

Mark R

But he put it up to £15 a couple of hours ago & now it's £20.

Still available at CD Universe for $8-49 cents.

https://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=9063238

Social source share

Still available at CD Universe for $8-49 cents.

https://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=9063238

Backorder though Mart, which can sometimes mean it's been and gone and the order won't be fulfilled!

Anyway, I posted about a new release vinyl record........not about value & rarity.  I guess that's where EMS & Soul Source differ!!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

John, you forget one important point mate............I just buy music I like, and it doesn't have to be for the purposes of DJ'ing or even dancing............that's an important fact to consider.  I'll buy a full priced new release CD for a killer ballad if the track moves me.

I do know what you mean about getting overplayed though!

And interestingly, the fact that it's retro in feel makes no difference in my selecting a purchase............more often than not that turns me off rather than on!

Cheers,

Mark R

Heavens above Mark. Your buying music on vinyl????? :g:   Does that mean I m not a dinosaur any more? Or that you've now joined the endangered species list.  

Keep smiling mate it's gonna be a long season.............but not as long as waiting for you to buy me a drink at Cleggy

Dave H

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

The Cold Power Unit - Hippy Strut b/w Ice Cold

these won't be around long, only 200 pressed. so if it takes your fancy, get in there...............

CS527229-01A-BIG.jpg

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/the-cold-the-hippy-strutt-1-per/527229-01/

Yeah this is good - got some in...not on the site yet but will be shortly. Actually loving the flip too...didn't expect that kind of sound after the 'Hippy...' side  :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I'm surprised nobody has put up what I think is track of the year so far:

Paul Johson - Better Than This

CS522409-01A-MED.jpg

would agree Dave, cracking tune. ordinarily i only post tunes i've bought, and with this one i'm holding back for the 12", and the two extra mixes  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yeah this is good - got some in...not on the site yet but will be shortly. Actually loving the flip too...didn't expect that kind of sound after the 'Hippy...' side  :D

agreed Jay, "Ice Cold" is my preferred side, as you say two very different tracks. and both crackers  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The Cold Power Unit - Hippy Strut b/w Ice Cold

these won't be around long, only 200 pressed. so if it takes your fancy, get in there...............

CS527229-01A-BIG.jpg

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/the-cold-the-hippy-strutt-1-per/527229-01/

Good shout Alan..I love anything with that kind of "tighten up" / "grazing in the grass" riff!

This does sound like it's the same backing to Friends of Distinction "Grazing in the grass"....or is that just me?! :g:  :thumbsup:

Also here's hoping that Saun and Starr release an LP to rival Sharon Jones!

Keep this thread rolling everyone, but no more YouTube clips or such like please as my Mac and ipad can't seem to cope :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

would agree Dave, cracking tune. ordinarily i only post tunes i've bought, and with this one i'm holding back for the 12", and the two extra mixes  :thumbsup:

The two extra mixes aren't very good Alan. Not worth the wait or extra dosh imo.

Edited by daved
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!