Harold Melvin - Get Out - How Much?

• Replies 39
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

US orig is on Landa, prob £50+ depending upon condition for multi coloured issue, there's also a black label silver text that's rarer. Also on UK Route for £5 - £10, thought that would be better than Phil-la unless you want label for specific reason, would have thought about same price.

Prices are a guess for ebay auction

Social source share

US orig is on Landa, prob £50+ depending upon condition for multi coloured issue, there's also a black label silver text that's rarer. Also on UK Route for £5 - £10, thought that would be better than Phil-la unless you want label for specific reason, would have thought about same price.

Thanks dean, no, no specific reason, just thought it was a decent price at £12 with free postage.There is also a French one on 'Vogue' too, seen that and a few Landa ones, but thay all seem to fetch more than £50, some topping a ton.

Thanks matey.

PS - Why would they boot it on 'Phi-la'? which is a legit label. is it related to Landa? just seems a bit random.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

Thanks dean, no, no specific reason, just thought it was a decent price at £12 with free postage.There is also a French one on 'Vogue' too, seen that and a few Landa ones, but thay all seem to fetch more than £50, some topping a ton.

Thanks matey.

PS - Why would they boot it on 'Phi-la'? which is a legit label. is it related to Landa? just seems a bit random.

It's not a boot, it's a reissue from 1975 after the song became popular in the UK.

Value is £8 / £10.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

BTW a Reissue is different to a boot

Yes thanks for that Toad. But why was it re-pressed on 'Phil-la-of soul'? Did they have the rights to the 'Landa' records catalog?

Usually unless booted, records are released or re-released on partner labels, or labels that have bought, or own the rights to the back catalog.

Also I have checked out the 'Phil-la-of soul' discography and it is not included on there at all, in fact the cat number is quite a lot

greater than the last release.

Social source share

Yes thanks for that Toad. But why was it re-pressed on 'Phil-la-of soul'? Did they have the rights to the 'Landa' records catalog?

Usually unless booted, records are released or re-released on partner labels, or labels that have bought, or own the rights to the back catalog.

Also I have checked out the 'Phil-la-of soul' discography and it is not included on there at all, in fact the cat number is quite a lot

Phil-La-Of-Soul is a subsidiary label of Jamie-Guyden along with Landa. I presume that Jamie-Guyden must have lost the plates for the Landa artwork and thus re-pressed it on Phil-La-Of-Soul. They're quite a 'Northern aware' label so it didn't surprise me that they'd re-press Harold Melvin.....

Ian D  :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Phil-La-Of-Soul is a subsidiary label of Jamie-Guyden along with Landa. I presume that Jamie-Guyden must have lost the plates for the Landa artwork and thus re-pressed it on Phil-La-Of-Soul. They're quite a 'Northern aware' label so it didn't surprise me that they'd re-press Harold Melvin.....

Ian D  :D

Excellent  Ian, thanks for that.

Social source share

Jamie/Guyden Records - Yes they did have the rights to it, and Arctic and all the other defunct labels from the 60's.  Records slipped out on Phil LA of Soul throughout the late 70's.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

So the 'PYE Disco demand' of the US then :-)

Well I suppose if you find out you have the rights to a hit, you may as well release it - that's why there's that very strange release of Dobie Gray "Out on the floor" on the US Thunderbird label from 1975.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well I suppose if you find out you have the rights to a hit, you may as well release it - that's why there's that very strange release of Dobie Gray "Out on the floor" on the US Thunderbird label from 1975.

Yes definitely. It might be worth starting another thread of 'Releases on strange labels'? Bet there are tons.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

paid £40 for a slightly crackly Landa issue a few months ago

Social source share

So both the 'Route' and 'Phil-la-of soul' are re-releases.

If you couldn't find a 'Landa' one, what would be your preference between the 2?

Me, personally, wouldn't care, I've got a Route copy on my jukebox, it might as well be on a blank label...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Pretty cool on French Vogue too, wonder what the history of that release is, original ? Going for about £30+.

Back in March a VG+ on Landa went for £100.00 on Ebay :ohmy:

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

Pretty cool on French Vogue too, wonder what the history of that release is, original ? Going for about £30 - 40.

Can't believe the prices it sells for on Landa, it actually got into the charts on that label when first released.  Not the reissue, the original.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Pretty cool on French Vogue too, wonder what the history of that release is, original ? Going for about £30+.

I'd love to find copies at £30 Chris, and how can you say they are going for £30, when one on Ebay went for £100+.

Now I'm not saying that Ebay is an accurate reflection of value, but it is an accurate reflection of price, because that's what the record sold for.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

the landa 45 bubbled under the billboard 100 in 1964 in reality it should be worth a tenner but some sort of connection always means that it sells for a bit more....madness if anyone pays more than 50 for it though,,,,,on another note if i were to buy a reissue i`d have it on phila soul

Social source share

I'd love to find copies at £30 Chris, and how can you say they are going for £30, when one on Ebay went for £100+.

Now I'm not saying that Ebay is an accurate reflection of value, but it is an accurate reflection of price, because that's what the record sold for.

Dave, I meant the French Vogue, need new glasses mate...................

Social source share

the landa 45 bubbled under the billboard 100 in 1964 in reality it should be worth a tenner but some sort of connection always means that it sells for a bit more....madness if anyone pays more than 50 for it though,,,,,on another note if i were to buy a reissue i`d have it on phila soul

I had a vague memory that the sound quality wasn't as good on the Phil La as on the Route, but that could be based on very little evidence  . . . . . and even less memory!

Social source share

That really is the rarest thing going.................re-release tougher to find than the original, same for Nolan Chance on Bunky.

Social source share

One on 'Vogue' went on eBay yesterday for £26.

Social source share

Thanks. In that case, this shouldn't be worth more than £20 at most I'd have thought.

They do go for about £30-35, there's the inevitable French picture sleeve. I had a mint on Landa I struggled to get £55 for it

"you just don't know" ........................ :huh:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kriss kremig

i think the landa multicolored one is the most beautiful. if someone got one for sale, let me know. less than 50 quid would be pretty cool!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!