Comedy Sale Of The Day

Pete S

Here's a proper comedy sale:

Parisians

Some may feel the price is reasonable, but I couldn't possibly comment :rolleyes:

The comedy thing for me is that the seller is located in the UK but states they only ship to the US, which means eBay prevents UK bidders bidding. :facepalm: Someone have a word ............

And before anybody starts moaning, this is not under the radar :wave:

Social source share

Parisians

Some may feel the price is reasonable, but I couldn't possibly comment :rolleyes:

The comedy thing for me is that the seller is located in the UK but states they only ship to the US, which means eBay prevents UK bidders bidding. :facepalm: Someone have a word ............

Interesting, now I wonder why that is...

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Interesting, now I wonder why that is...

Can't even find it on my Ebay ! Weird

he's still $400 over what is on popsyke

I just found it on my Ebay by tapping in the Ebay item number and it would accept a bid !

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Can't even find it on my Ebay ! Weird

he's still $400 over what is on popsyke

I just found it on my Ebay by tapping in the Ebay item number and it would accept a bid !

Ebay normally pops up a message saying that I can't bid as the seller does not post to my location when I try and bid on US postage only records. There are ways round it though, but it is annoying.

Social source share

Apparently this is Bob Brady "More more more of your love "

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b62d9141

Advertising a record in this condition ain't no comedy to me. Even vastly overpricing ain't that funny to me, just greedy. But saying " The labels are in VG- condition" when you can hardly read anything at all, now that's funny. I'm sure if there weren't any labels at all he still would grade them G+.

Social source share

Katrina Stains - I'm sure I tangled with her behind the bike sheds during my schooldays...

Katrina Stains is a localised phenomenon caused by the sudden realisation that there is a wall of water bearing down on you and George Bush et al will not turn up for two weeks .............

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Parisians

Where is the comedy????? The guy has obviously made a mistake with his listing.Dont you make mistakes?????

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

But those sleeves weren't exclusively for Beatles records - I've had them with other EMI group demos. Crazy.

I used to buy records off a seller called Koi on ebay and his records were always photo'd in snazzy sleeves but it always stated "Sleeve not included"

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

But those sleeves weren't exclusively for Beatles records - I've had them with other EMI group demos. Crazy.

agree, to me it just shows how something as simple as a cover can affect price, doesn't have to be for that record - at least a picture sleeve would belong. Hence you were correct to call it a comedy sale - I was just surprised at the difference in price of the Beatles records that seems to be influenced in some way by the sleeve - MAD

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Jesus i sold a minter for £4 to Keith Minshull back in 1975 LoL

this one looks a bit rough and i didn't see condition listed

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b9e3d34e

and this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILLIE-MITCHELL-CHAMPION-UNPLAYED-NORTHERN-SOUL-7-VINYL-FREE-UK-SHIPPING-/230751980925?pt=UK_Records&hash=item35b9e3cd7d

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Jesus i sold a minter for £4 to Keith Minshull back in 1975 LoL

this one looks a bit rough and i didn't see condition listed

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b9e3d34e

and this

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b9e3cd7d

That Jimmy Radcliffe price really is a joke. It's worth no more than £40, it actually charted in the UK. And as for £25 for The Champion - speechless.

Social source share

Unbelievable - three paper sleeves - currently at £165

https://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_2597wt_1398

:hatsoff2: HI PETE....I am not surprised by this, totally agree that the BEATLES records did not have them? or maybe 2 did, I know for fact that the BEATLES DEMO from PLEASE PLEASE ME! had a information sheet with each record, and yet they have never been included in any auction, that I have seen??

DECCA had similar sleeves as the EMI ones. the MGM is RARE, and although I have never had one,

there is a $TATSIDE one, I have a picture of Jimmy (now then sad man) Saville holding it.

they were from the period of 63 - 65 and I was offered £50 for one years ago, there are 2 different color variations, West Ham? & blue & black, I think they look good on certain records, like the 2 pictured??

To conclude there are many fakes out there, I have about 5 if you have a buyer 65/35 :shhh: DAVE

post-13241-0-41754500-1332947696_thumb.jpost-13241-0-07561700-1332947858_thumb.jpost-13241-0-79099600-1332947899_thumb.j

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI PETE....I am not surprised by this, totally agree that the BEATLES records did not have them? or maybe 2 did, I know for fact that the BEATLES DEMO from PLEASE PLEASE ME! had a information sheet with each record, and yet they have never been included in any auction, that I have seen??

DECCA had similar sleeves as the EMI ones. the MGM is RARE, and although I have never had one,

there is a $TATSIDE one, I have a picture of Jimmy (now then sad man) Saville holding it.

they were from the period of 63 - 65 and I was offered £50 for one years ago, there are 2 different color variations, West Ham? & blue & black, I think they look good on certain records, like the 2 pictured??

To conclude there are many fakes out there, I have about 5 if you have a buyer 65/35 :shhh: DAVE

post-13241-0-41754500-1332947696_thumb.jpost-13241-0-07561700-1332947858_thumb.jpost-13241-0-79099600-1332947899_thumb.j

That HMV one is rare Dave, I"ve only ever seen that once before.

Social source share

i have a few of the rush sleeves, i used to keep US demo's that had no company sleeves in them lol, also have one of the HMV rush sleeves, got them off a uk dealer a few years back wrapped round cheap uk 45's !

trouble is if you flood ebay with them now they will fetch peanuts

Ian.

Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

the bloke thats been selling these just lives down road from me. see him regularly going to post office to send em off
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

the bloke thats been selling these just lives down road from me. see him regularly going to post office to send em off

Really ! The reason that last post was blank is i was going to put this one up !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190660149013?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

But it appears that some people value these reissues quite highly ????

Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

Really ! The reason that last post was blank is i was going to put this one up !

https://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

But it appears that some people value these reissues quite highly ????

yeah, hes same bloke selling the bab mills demo boot; just seen another mel brit up - no bids yet. mite see if i can get it cheap????
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

This is a post from another thread i wonder if we know him ?

• 3580 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

snapback.pngallnightandy, on 08 January 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Did you used to meet up with us in Rowntrees sound in Manchester ?

Indeed I did mate. That was where I saw Martin Ellis do the most disgusting thing I'd ever seen.

Also in the gang were Carts and Scottish Kenny. Earlier one there were Pemmy (Tony Pemberton) a guy with a polish name (John Wojowski or something like that?) My memory of those times is really fading nowadays though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!