Soulsource Record Club Your Choice For Autum 2014

dthedrug

hi have you a link to your you tube channel  :)

There is a youtube link on my profile page on this site. If you do decide to check it out apologies in advance for the low quality of some of the videos on there, although the audio is mostly good. Also I can no longer reply to any comments left since google messed about with youtube/google+.  I would have to change my user name which I don't want to do.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was just reminiscing about playing this on my big pal Fraser Dunn's radio show a few years back and laughing as he came over all funny on hearing it for the first time. it reminded me of what collecting Soul music is all about.

Robert Lee and The Exquisites - Tars are falling - Steeltown.

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Kev John, on 03 Dec 2014 - 7:31 PM, said:

Just been diggin' in some old boxes & pulled a record out that i bought from King Bee many moons ago  :huh:

Great bit of Powerhouse Xover  imho from 1972 

Willie Collins - Don't Stop Now - Panic records 

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

A previous post of mine Kev.

Love it.

Petre

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Here is mine for today.After watching the Northern Soul Film i loved the soundtrack all classics and all great.But all of them although great  were very familiar and heard out regularly.But one of them got under my skin all over again.I turned to our lass and said i used to own this one but let it go and now i just have to get it back.I managed to do just that when a couple of days ago i again became a proud owner of this masterpiece of Northern Soul from Towanda Barnes.I used to be able to dance to it many years ago.Now i can just about cope with the aid of copious amounts of Voltarol,but that voice just cuts through me big time,

YOU SAID THAT YOU WANTED A LOVE THAT WOULD LAST FOREVER

great tune patto , one i never tire of hearing  :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Apologies as I didn't make the best sound file of this beauty

Shirley Johnson - Trippin' On You

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Although I've posted it before I thought i'd slip this one in, as there's a copy on E-bay doing right well at the moment

and it now represents one of the best bargains I ever had from Beatin' Rythm, having picked it from there for a song.

Kinda' makes up for the stuff that I bought there, but did get to hear properly till I got home.

Anway..

The Sherrell Bros - The Price - Currison

See here on ebay.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Just bought this(Lovely mint demo),surprised I didn't know it until relatively recently.Love Jean's voice & a very underrated artist imo with a great catalogue of tunes played on the scene.Any info on plays please,could see it getting plays in R n B rooms as well as northern rooms.

Jean Wells - Hello Baby,Goodbye Too Eastern 

• Helpful 3
Social source share