FANZINES The Owls Effort.. Sold Out

Mach

SSS                      Vintage Northern Soul Fanzines

The Owls Effort by R.Domar (set of 6 issues) £5.99  inc  FREE uk delivery

These Fanzines are the Original stock (NOT reprints,copies etc, but Unread New, old stock)

inc are issues 2,3,4,5,6,7  (6 in all)  Nostalgic look back at Record revues. label scans etc from this iconic mag.

Grab a set before they go, once there gone there gone!

Dont forget  FREE  UK Mainland delivery included just  £5.99  for All six issues..overseas shipping Ask

SDC15549.JPG

SDC15539.JPG

Edited by Mach
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Received my set today.

Flicking through the first one I picked up (Issue 2), Richard Domar's first page comments brought back some amusing memories of when I was buying off him.

"This issue is dedicated to the half-wit who thinks that 7.30 in the morning is a perfectly good time to phone me and complain that I called him a wanker for sending me a cheque dated 1986"

Would have loved to have met him in person when he was at his best/worst :lol: 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Yep, received mine today and had a quick flick through one of them. There was a sales page where he says that due to people accusing him of over pricing records he ain't gonna price them - price them yourselves! Great read.

I know we've done a Richard Domar thread previously - well I think  we have, anyone got a photograph of him? I think I asked that before as well.

Thanks for the speedy delivery Mach.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Cheers Chris,

Mine arrive yesterday in mint condition and well worth a read for anybody who hasn't seen them and is interested in that 3 year time period from 1987 to 1990. 

I was missing number 7 so its now a complete set and you forget how nuts he some times was but some brilliant lists and also prices if you could see the tiny writing.

Best

Keith

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There are quite a few venue reports from a 100 Club, Shots etc and loads of others, They are still quite a good read considering how hard he was to deal with some times,

I never fell out with him but I couldn't be bothered with all his stupid rules especially when the world cup or the football was on and he had some strange thing about electrical problems which he put in the mags but there were a lot of interesting things as well and are definitely of there time.

Keith

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!