Show us your great photos (2019)

Amsterdam Russ

38 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Andy.  It's the sort of morning that photographers dream about.  Surprisingly the sunrise was the same over at least 250 miles of the West coast which I've never heard of before,  normally amazing sights like that are very localised.  

That`s the street where we live, Allsprings Drive. It`s a dead straight quarter mile which leads up to a very large derelict mansion over the hill. It looks like it was once all a private driveway maybe a hundred years or so ago, the sun rises right up the middle of it. I think she took a couple so i`ll have a look at the other one and maybe post it up..

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Andy.  It's the sort of morning that photographers dream about.  Surprisingly the sunrise was the same over at least 250 miles of the West coast which I've never heard of before,  normally amazing sights like that are very localised.  

Steve, there's quite a few photo's on some of the FB groups i'm on from wales up to the borders. Quite lucky here as I can see the sunrise & set out of the windows and it is a good sight when it's so RED. Tomorrow will be another good one 😉 

Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

That's stunning.  

I thought it was quite average and then I looked more closely. It's sort of in layers of colour. The leaves, the green rocks, the water, the trees the sky and that lovely log, sleeping, like they do, in the foreground.  Although I have to confess.......I didn't take it.....☹️..... unfortunately.....so I can't take the credit, but I had to post it.

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I thought it was quite average and then I looked more closely. It's sort of in layers of colour. The leaves, the green rocks, the water, the trees the sky and that lovely log, sleeping, like they do, in the foreground.  Although I have to confess.......I didn't take it.....☹️..... unfortunately.....so I can't take the credit, but I had to post it.

And the framing by the tree really set's it up in my humble opinion.  Not that I'm a expert by any stretch of the imagination. Just know a good picture when I see one. Regardless of who took the picture , thanks for sharing it 😁

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

Steve, there's quite a few photo's on some of the FB groups i'm on from wales up to the borders. Quite lucky here as I can see the sunrise & set out of the windows and it is a good sight when it's so RED. Tomorrow will be another good one 😉 

Lucky you Andy.  I hope that your right about tomorrow sunrise.  I've got a bit of problem now. Do I  get up at daft o clock drive 60miles  to get up to Leighton moss before sunrise on the off chance . I must admit that it would be absolutely amazing view and even more so to get the picture. 

Social source share

Lucky you Andy.  I hope that your right about tomorrow sunrise.  I've got a bit of problem now. Do I  get up at daft o clock drive 60miles  to get up to Leighton moss before sunrise on the off chance . I must admit that it would be absolutely amazing view and even more so to get the picture. 

Yes! You absolutely do! 👍🏼

Social source share

Hey Steve 

Im being a bit cryptic here as in "RED"  tomorrow.  Blue moon my arse 🤫 I dont wany you to have a wasted journey in the rain ☹

Social source share

9 hours ago, Soulandy said:

Hey Steve 

Im being a bit cryptic here as in "RED"  tomorrow.  Blue moon my arse 🤫 I dont wany you to have a wasted journey in the rain ☹

Doh. Of course,  we play the bitters at the emptyhad.  Totally forgot about that. Had other things on my mind.  

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

5 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Didn't know that you where still at school Sandra.  🤣

I thought that too? 🤔.  So you ducked out of Leighton? Mind you, there was only grey here this morning, in North Lancs so I don't think you missed anything.  Who's Yanet Garcia? 🤔.  Sounds like a car. "I drive a Yanet Garcia 6 litre, twin turbo, sport, hatchback".   🌞

Social source share

1 hour ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I thought that too? 🤔.  So you ducked out of Leighton? Mind you, there was only grey here this morning, in North Lancs so I don't think you missed anything.  Who's Yanet Garcia? 🤔.  Sounds like a car. "I drive a Yanet Garcia 6 litre, twin turbo, sport, hatchback".   🌞

Yeah ducked out of Leighton,  🤣 was that pun intended 🤣. Managed to get a few pictures.  I will download them off the camera later and post them on here, as I'm not playing out anywhere tonight,

tri- annual visit to Shropshire tomorrow,  Dad's anniversary in the week so it's lovely flowers on the headstone time. Bitter sweet memories.  Bishop's Castle is a stunning little village where he's laid  to rest  if anyone on here is ever down that way. 

Steve 

Social source share

On 06/12/2019 at 18:45, Soulfulmerlin said:

My stomping grounds 

We walked from the car park to the bridge (is it called Dinckley?). It's a wood.  Do you know if you can go over the bridge and walk back along the other side, and if so, where it brings you out? I always leave my car on the car park. Is it called Maplewood car park?  It's lovely down there by the river, practising stone skimming. I made a seat out of an old abandoned  wheelbarrow, which i expect the contractors left behind when they built the new bridge. 

Social source share

25 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Surely a wheel- less wheelbarrow would be Just  called a barrow 🤣🤣🤣

You'd think wouldn't you?  When you're upcycling, it's best practice to demonstrate what the article was originally to illustrate the effectiveness of the upcycled design and the original resource used.  Steve.  😂😂😂😂.   

Got me wellies on Steve!!!! 😂

Social source share

26 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

You'd think wouldn't you?  When you're upcycling, it's best practice to demonstrate what the article was originally to illustrate the effectiveness of the upcycled design and the original resource used.  Steve.  😂😂😂😂.   

Got me wellies on Steve!!!! 😂

Louise.  You will need your wellies with all those tears of laughter🤣,  Can you up-cycle the barrow into a boat for on the river then you could use your wellies to help launch the boat barrow. 🤣

Social source share

Louise.  You will need your wellies with all those tears of laughter🤣,  Can you up-cycle the barrow into a boat for on the river then you could use your wellies to help launch the boat barrow. 🤣

I won't need the barrow when I'm wearing my wellyboats. 🙄

Social source share

3 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

We walked from the car park to the bridge (is it called Dinckley?). It's a wood.  Do you know if you can go over the bridge and walk back along the other side, and if so, where it brings you out? I always leave my car on the car park. Is it called Maplewood car park?  It's lovely down there by the river, practising stone skimming. I made a seat out of an old abandoned  wheelbarrow, which i expect the contractors left behind when they built the new bridge. 

Should take you to Stonyhust College.  Really depends which way you go . 

Social source share

They're so similar in looks and in the habitat they live in. The Willow Tit in my photo was taken nr marsh ground and the Marsh Tits near me at Leighton moss are seen very often in the Willow trees. Very confusing.  

This is true, the Willow Tit always looks scruffy compared to the Marsh Tit, there is a white mark on the upper mandible of the Marsh Tit, more obvious in the head on shot, this can appear (not always but usually) on the Marsh but never on the Willow. However their calls are totally different, if you can hear them.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Been here and took photo before.  Decided to try take better perspective view of this Lancashire oddity . Best thought is Waterfall in it's long distant past . Though could be a geological creation.  More investigations required.  

Around 50/60ft deep shear cliff faces . Not workings in my opinion . 

soul 20191209_171740

soul 20191209_171834

soul 20191209_172311

soul 20191209_172412

Looks very interesting.  Have you got parking details and directions ie post code.  The ribble valley, bowland  is one of the to me lesser known area's of the UK and it's on my doorstep.  How bad is that.  

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

Approach Jeffery Hill . 

Coming from Ribchester follow Road all through to Cross Roads . Pub situated on Right corner .

Follow Road to Jefferey Hill . About half Mile on left . Also about 1 mile from Jeffrey Hill Car Park on Right . Does not have Post Code . Or one which functions. 

Look right Small cops of Trees in Moorland . If approaching From Ribchester .

To Left Wooded glade with Moorland flanked . Place is Top right of previous cut area . Can be seen with difficulty from Road . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

At point of arrow . Sorry my drawing skills are not the best . Entry on left . Set of steel gates mark entrance . Small layby opposite side of Road . Am sure you'll have driven past as many times as us . Before we discovered it . 3 Years driving all areas of Jeffrey Hill till I was in Turkey and my lass took dogs there on off chance . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

For all you lovers of Christmas.  Here's 2019 home  set up.

Looks lovely. We put up our tree at the weekend.

Now this isn't really the place for moving images, but we did make a time-lapse video of us doing it. And as that's made up of lots and lots of photos, maybe an exception can be made.

With hindsight, I shouldn't have switched off so soon after finishing. Instead, the time-lapse should have run for a couple of minutes more so that there would have been an extra second or two showing the tree all lit up at the end. As it is, blink and you'll miss the lighting up ceremony! 🤣

Still, it's all good fun!

• Up vote 3
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Looks lovely. We put up our tree at the weekend.

Now this isn't really the place for moving images, but we did make a time-lapse video of us doing it. And as that's made up of lots and lots of photos, maybe an exception can be made.

With hindsight, I shouldn't have switched off so soon after finishing. Instead, the time-lapse should have run for a couple of minutes more so that there would have been an extra second or two showing the tree all lit up at the end. As it is, blink and you'll miss the lighting up ceremony! 🤣

Still, it's all good fun!

Love it. Russell.  Timelapse is amazing,  it's something that I will have to master. Still learning to take pictures yet so it maybe a while before I get around to it. 

Social source share

29 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Love it. Russell.  Timelapse is amazing,  it's something that I will have to master. Still learning to take pictures yet so it maybe a while before I get around to it. 

Nothing to master, Ste. Not if you're using the inbuilt time-lapse function on the iPad's camera. I'm sure other phones/tablets have similar things, and there are plenty of apps out there.

With the iPad function, there is only one time setting - one frame every six seconds. That's too fast for a short clip like mine, but OK if you're doing something over a good number of hours or the better part of a day. I imported my clip into iMovie and then slowed it down by half - from 30 to 60 seconds - otherwise it's almost a blur.

All I had to do was set the device up, make it secure, and press the 'shutter' button - and then turn it off again when finished. I think the greatest consideration needed is in what you're looking to achieve. As mentioned, the 'lighting up' at the end is too brief, so a bit more thought at the start would have told me to let the time-lapse run for a while so the finished tree could be properly seen.

Live and learn, but have fun while doing so. :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share