Anderson Brothers

I suppose when the prices payed for records on Manships auction are met with a shake of the head on here every week some of that is a premium for having the piece of mind that you have purchased an original, no ifs no buts...

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

recent ebay sale

70s Soul 45 - Anderson Brothers - I Can See Him Loving You - GSF - mp3 rare OG!

See original listing

Condition:

Used

Ended:

May 23, 2021 , 5:06PM

Winning bid:

US $2,147.66

[ 28 bids ]

ANDERSON BROTHERS I Can See Him Loving You (stereo) b/w I Can See Him Loving You (mono) (GSF, original press with GSFS-1179 e in stereo side dead wax and GSFM-(crossed out NBO) 1179 e in mono side dead wax)

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203451814217?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338422287&toolid=10013&customid=nl-mw

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 years later...
13 minutes ago, Andy Rix said:

Well ... after trying for too many years I have just spoken to Dennis Anderson ... brother of Bobby and obviously one-half of the Anderson Brothers

It was a random call on my part because he has never picked up before, he said he never usually picks up his house phone,  but tonight he did .. so I was caught off-guard .. didn't have my recording equipment ready but he's given me his mobile number so l'm going to call him back ... any questions you want asking drop me a message

Short story ... before they were the Anderson Brothers they were in a group called Trieste ... Bobby on lead and Dennis on bass ... that fell apart but they had been noticed by Ray Dahroughe so teamed up with him and recorded 'I Can See Him Loving You' in 74 ... he couldn't remember which studio in NY but recalls Joe Renzetti was organising the strings and Bernard Purdie was on drums & sortng the rhythm section

He said he, and his brother, personally drove around to radio stations to drop of DJ copies and he heard it played just a couple of times on the NJ/NY  radio stations .. but it never took off ... and I specifically asked him if it ever got into the shops and did he see or own a beige label stock copy .. he said no .. he only ever had a black/white promo .. just the one copy that his ex-wife now has and won't return/has destroyed .. so he believes it never got beyond DJ copies due to the lack of interest ... so me saying I've seen a stock copy, in prevoious threads makes me doubt my memory

Anyway ... he then told me that Dennis & Bobby reformed Trieste, in 76, and did an updated version, with Ray Darhoughe, on IX Chains with Bobby on lead vocal ... so the Anderson Bothers returned in disguise ! 

I'll update if he answers next time I call him

Andy     

image.png.ac4cff479d2bf4fbbbcdb8f0a7947a48.png.7d3d726407fd6072d6742b149759d58e.png

I miss Ray (RIP) sent him a copy of the single before he died as someone took all his years ago. Wonder who did that and never left him one ?

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Posted (edited)

Thanks for confirming the humble nature of Sire Dennis Anderson. As with all my most TOP beloved tunes whose authentic and humble yet articulate vocal performance they never fail to ressemble the real good personality characters these singers turn out to be in the end.

And this Anderson Brothers 'I can see him loving you' is one of those. Their classy singing of the most painful heartbreak tale that was on first hear echoing vividly my own then still grieving worst scared thoughts... It worked on me to full effect. It still does to this day.  

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

No he did not ... he was very humbled .... a bit shocked and surprised.. he has never looked on the www so didn't know the respect and interest

I believe he was (up until last October) singing baritone as one of The Coasters and previously a member of The Broadways from what I have now read, thanks to you. I bet he has a very interesting story to tell Andy. Can he help with other group members of Trieste ? Would be great to add to history.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

Well ... after trying for too many years I have just spoken to Dennis Anderson ... brother of Bobby and obviously one-half of the Anderson Brothers

It was a random call on my part because he has never picked up before, he said he never usually picks up his house phone,  but tonight he did .. so I was caught off-guard .. didn't have my recording equipment ready but he's given me his mobile number so l'm going to call him back ... any questions you want asking drop me a message

Short story ... before they were the Anderson Brothers they were in a group called Trieste ... Bobby on lead and Dennis on bass ... that fell apart but they had been noticed by Ray Dahroughe so teamed up with him and recorded 'I Can See Him Loving You' in 74 ... he couldn't remember which studio in NY but recalls Joe Renzetti was organising the strings and Bernard Purdie was on drums & sortng the rhythm section

He said he, and his brother, personally drove around to radio stations to drop of DJ copies and he heard it played just a couple of times on the NJ/NY  radio stations .. but it never took off ... and I specifically asked him if it ever got into the shops and did he see or own a beige label stock copy .. he said no .. he only ever had a black/white promo .. just the one copy that his ex-wife now has and won't return/has destroyed .. so he believes it never got beyond DJ copies due to the lack of interest ... so me saying I've seen a stock copy, in prevoious threads makes me doubt my memory

Anyway ... he then told me that Dennis & Bobby reformed Trieste, in 76, and did an updated version, with Ray Darhoughe, on IX Chains with Bobby on lead vocal ... so the Anderson Bothers returned in disguise ! 

I'll update if he answers nest time I call him

Andy     

Nice one Andy, look forward to the results of your interview.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!