News: All Platinum - The Making Of A Sound - Author: Steve Guarnori

Steve G

2 hours ago, Seano said:

Sounds like a labour of love Steve. Where will it go on sale?

Hi, it will be on sale in bookshops (to order) or from several of the top record / book sites and then in time Ebay. I will provide full details shortly. Cheers, Steve 

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

Looks great as I'l sure it'll be essential reading. I'll need 2 or 3 of these this side of the pond (in Belgium) to satisfy the need of those who do read ! FAB job.

Excellent, thank you. Steve 

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Really looking forward to this Steve,  well done  👍

Also wondering whether the book touches on what is unquestionably one of the rarest releases on all the various All Platinum labels, the "Soft Sexy Soul" LP by the mysterious Susan Phillips. Is there any biographical info on her?

image.png.bf4e20f9c01ff9e6a0032d8c3ec63dae.png

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I've been fortunate to recieve an advance copy of this wonderful piece of work. I've all ready had hours of fascinating reading and replaying of records from the music liibrary. A fantastic piece of work and delightfully presnted in colour.

Edited by Dukeofburgundy
Social source share

14 hours ago, Dukeofburgundy said:

I've been fortunate to recieve an advance copy of this wonderful piece of work. I've all ready had hours of fascinating reading and replaying of records from the music liibrary. A fantastic piece of work and delightfully presnted in colour.

Ditto on all points above.....well done Steve, it's an excellent book, I'm learning a lot... 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Out now:

It’s here……All Platinum - The Making of a Sound.

530 pages A4 size printed in full colour.

As well as the fascinating history of the label from 1967 through to 1979, and the stories of those artists who signed with the label, the book also includes the most comprehensive discography of every All Platium record, including those labels who turned to All Platinum to help distribute their product nationally.

An essential read and reference book. Also an ideal Christmas present.

UK Price £45 + £5.50 for 2nd Signed for P&P - total £50.50.

Payment via paypal to allplatinumbook@gmail.com (F&F preferred if you know me).

Outside of the U.K: PM me for P&P details.

Book Promo 2.png

Book Promo 3.png

Book Promo 4.png

Book Promo 5.png

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!