AI northern soul

15 minutes ago, Fiftyboiledeggs said:

remeber the technology is new, within one year, you won't be able to tell the difference., mid journey showed that with images

Midjourney images are identifiable at a hundred paces , even now ... if the music equivalent isn't the same , even in the future , I'll be surprised .

And it'll need advances in both spheres to come up with a convincing 45 ... :thumbsup:

Master Latrine will be all over it though ... :lol:

Social source share

The conservative passionate amateur of my soul music that I am is already sensitive to digital process of analog recordings like for reissues or previously unissued materials and so I doubt that I shan't be sensitive to such mediocre mockery of musical "creation" if ever.

But if my household should be safe from such harm still heaven help us because not all are going to beware and some might even find it a 'joy ride' that's going to pollute even more the playlists of youngsters and youngsters wanna bees again like dee-jays and punters...

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Woodbutcher said:

Midjourney images are identifiable at a hundred paces , even now ... if the music equivalent isn't the same , even in the future , I'll be surprised .

And it'll need advances in both spheres to come up with a convincing 45 ... :thumbsup:

Master Latrine will be all over it though ... :lol:

Vesion 6 is very good, taht's why midjourney is valued at 10 Billion-  These are all AI.

In the music field, somebody like Cannonball Records could clone Darell Banks's voice and generate a  record.

Social source share

16 hours ago, Fiftyboiledeggs said:

In the music field, somebody like Cannonball Records could clone Darell Banks's voice and generate a  record.

What is the point cloning   someones voice , all it is is a imitation.

And that example think al needs to write some lyrics not nursery rhymes and for some reason the melody reminds me of Mickeys Monkey.

All this technical sh*t is going to bite us on the ass someday.

Edited by Shinehead
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Thought the 80/90s was bad for soul music  with all the drum  machines synths etc, some great songs still been written but the production with the dirth of real musicians on most of records (thankfully some small independent labels still making records of the real deal) overwhelming and devoid of soul barring the vocalists.

So imagine  listening to a album of Al stuff, even the vocalists will be synthetic.

Edited by Shinehead
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

We are all Doomed again, Is it worth carrying on when the best DJ in the world will be Robbie the Robot and his record collection will be a couple of valves in his head and each hand will be turntable, and if you don’t dance when he,s switched on you get lasered.

ML

• Up vote 3
Social source share

58 minutes ago, Steve L said:

God help us

AI's practical uses in sciences are numerous. In utter worthless everyday "monkey business" too...

In our Devil worshipper consumerist world I'm afraid that only Man can prevail, forbid and fight that.

Humanists, liberals and other authoritarian democratic sects praying 'freedom' will stand in the way.

Purists (seeking the rare and genuine) were always the fewer. Intentionally wrongly qualified as 'elitists'.

God bless them. The right fight is not always the won one. And so the righteous will again have to endure.

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!