Cunnie

• Replies 94
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:thumbsup::unsure::thumbsup: know what you mean Dave.....I feel pissed looking at it

Do you know what's really wierd..it still shows my old one on my computer , dunno why.

I'll bow to public opinion and change it becuase it is a bit of a mind f...

Social source share

Any info on this? Is it unissued?

Same with the Kathy McFarland, sounds a bit Hansa, but still nice. Unissued?

All the above Jobete tracks I have uploaded come from a triple pack LP put out by Jobete to promote thier material. It is a prized piece with Motown collectors and sells at between £150-£400. It was one of series put out, the others were by writers ie HDH, Norman Whitfield etc. These are a little easier to find, but mainly cover well know titles. A version of Wali Ali track came out by Eddie Kendricks on Atlantic, but is more disco. Don't think any versions of the other tracks came out.

post-3008-1175588705_thumb.jpg

post-3008-1175588768.jpg

Social source share

All the above Jobete tracks I have uploaded come from a triple pack LP put out by Jobete to promote thier material. It is a prized piece with Motown collectors and sells at between £150-£400. It was one of series put out, the others were by writers ie HDH, Norman Whitfield etc. These are a little easier to find, but mainly cover well know titles. A version of Wali Ali track came out by Eddie Kendricks on Atlantic, but is more disco. Don't think any versions of the other tracks came out.

Thanks for the info, didn't know at all about this release. Will have to keep a lookout.

By the way, what's the cat#? PRO 9?

Social source share

post-3008-1175588705_thumb.jpg

post-3008-1175588768.jpg

Dave the best track on the triple LP for me on there is "Take my love" which I sued to have covered up - Margo Michaels- way too short, but a real Phyllis Hyman type of sound. :thumbsup: That album is RARE and has some interesting cover versions of hits on it as well. I usually keep it close to the record player. :(

Social source share

Dave the best track on the triple LP for me on there is "Take my love" which I sued to have covered up - Margo Michaels- way too short, but a real Phyllis Hyman type of sound. thumbsup.gif That album is RARE and has some interesting cover versions of hits on it as well. I usually keep it close to the record player. :thumbsup:

Hi Mate

it's one of those albums that really is stuffed full of great tracks, might put up some more later thumbsup.gif

Social source share

You heathen Sebastian, thats only the 3rd best of his 4 sides, although still good, since you are normally a man of impeccable taste will put this down to a temporary lapse

:lol::lol:

I was pretty sure I would have that slung back at me... :D But I have to say that I really, really do dislike "I Can Feel The Pain" and "Sorry Is A Sorry Word". It's the vocal that puts me off. "I Remember When" on the other hand is a truly beautiful track. But it wouldn't be fun if we all agreed on everything. :lol: There are some nice unreleased Ivy Jo tunes though. :thumbsup:

PS Good 3rd choice with Edwin as well, does anyone else think the intro RBAF sounds like Silvetti Spring Rain :unsure:

Yep, sure does.

Social source share

It was one of series put out, the others were by writers ie HDH, Norman Whitfield etc. These are a little easier to find, but mainly cover well know titles. post-3008-1175588705_thumb.jpg

post-3008-1175588768.jpg

Have you ever seen the Ashford & Simpson one, I swear I saw it with Des Toussaint at Southport one year but didnt pick it up, no-one seems to believe it exists. Would be very interested in one of these in a completist sort of way!!

Social source share

Have you ever seen the Ashford & Simpson one, I swear I saw it with Des Toussaint at Southport one year but didnt pick it up, no-one seems to believe it exists. Would be very interested in one of these in a completist sort of way!!

There are two sets of LPs - one series from the arly / mid 70s showcasing writer / producers which includes the A&S one mentioned above, amongst others - have that somewhere, the trouble is with these LPs is that the tracks are short and all well known / original artist fare. Nice enough I guess if you don't have the tracks on 45 / LP.

the Triple HDH that Dave took his tracks from is completely different and came out some years later. It was a special promotional triple to celebrate the return of HDH to Motown in 1980/1. It includes one LP of past songs (cover versions - almost Ian Levine style productions in some cases), one LP for today which includes well known artists (then) current style of sound, and one for tomorow with unknowns such as Wali ALi.

The Triple LP was only on very limited distribution, and has some nice pics of HDH etc.

Cheers

Steve

PS: Still loads of untapped Motown NOT on this thread - I wish I could upload files at times like this but where is The Courtship, Different Shades of Brown, Hutch, Art & honey, Virgil Henrico, Sisters Love, Eric & Vikings, Frankie Kar'hl, GC Cameroon, Devatstaing Affair, Rose Banks, Yvonne Fair, Leon Ware, Bobby Taylor on Mowest, Valerie Simpson, Gaye, Smokey, Knighty, Tata Vega etc etc etc......I could go on!

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

There are two sets of LPs - one series from the arly / mid 70s showcasing writer / producers which includes the A&S one mentioned above, amongst others - have that somewhere, the trouble is with these LPs is that the tracks are short and all well known / original artist fare. Nice enough I guess if you don't have the tracks on 45 / LP.

the Triple HDH that Dave took his tracks from is completely different and came out some years later. It was a special promotional triple to celebrate the return of HDH to Motown in 1980/1. It includes one LP of past songs (cover versions - almost Ian Levine style productions in some cases), one LP for today which includes well known artists (then) current style of sound, and one for tomorow with unknowns such as Wali ALi.

The Triple LP was only on very limited distribution, and has some nice pics of HDH etc.

Cheers

Steve

PS: Still loads of untapped Motown NOT on this thread - I wish I could upload files at times like this but where is The Courtship, Different Shades of Brown, Hutch, Art & honey, Virgil Henrico, Sisters Love, Eric & Vikings, Frankie Kar'hl, GC Cameroon, Devatstaing Affair, Rose Banks, Yvonne Fair, Leon Ware, Bobby Taylor on Mowest, Valerie Simpson, Gaye, Smokey, Knighty, Tata Vega etc etc etc......I could go on!

OK Steve, we all promise to do better tomorrow :thumbsup::lol::unsure:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Dave the best track on the triple LP for me on there is "Take my love" which I sued to have covered up - Margo Michaels- way too short, but a real Phyllis Hyman type of sound. :lol: That album is RARE and has some interesting cover versions of hits on it as well. I usually keep it close to the record player. :lol:

Neil Rushton had a copy of the triple album. (I remember us drooling over it!)

Kenny Lupper "Passion Flower" (TAMLA) 1978 - Most ignored and underated 70s side ever?

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest Aitor

Can't upload files but I miss the following ones:

- Odyssey : battened ships / Our Lives Are Shaped By What We Love (Mowest)

Edited by Aitor
Social source share

Cheers

Steve

I thought the triple was/is a Lamont Dozier album featuring the artists above,paid a quid for mine and sold it for £400 still got the other ones in the series except Frank(do i love you)Wilson would like to know what was on it unsure.gif

Social source share

I thought the triple was/is a Lamont Dozier album featuring the artists above,paid a quid for mine and sold it for £400 still got the other ones in the series except Frank(do i love you)Wilson would like to know what was on it unsure.gif

Hi Ken the Lamont Dozier was part of the EARLIER series. The triple from which the above tracks were taken was the HDH one, I have it here in my mits as I type. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi Ken the Lamont Dozier was part of the EARLIER series. The triple from which the above tracks were taken was the HDH one, I have it here in my mits as I type. thumbsup.gif

The one wi`the blue colour cover,is the one/three i had thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Where did you find that picture of Trevski?

I just googled Pikey's Dog's musical taste :lol:

I do actualy agree with you on David Ruffin :thumbsup: I loved 'Walk Away From Love' from the first moment i heard it in 75/76 . One of those songs you can play over & over again & never tire of !

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Guest mel brat

Everybody's Got To Give It Up-5th Dimension...

Tony

= version of the Ashford & Simpson song featuring none other than Lou Courtney folks!

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

'Rode by the place' is utterly brilliant !!!!!

Cant put up files , anyone got Flavor - 'Dont freeze up' ? Remember Danny Ev plaing this ! Choon !

Social source share

• 7 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert