Brutal Attack On Dj?

in response to a previous thread i hoped it wouldnt come to this but i have been left with no choice.

Yet again i have just been asked to leave a venue because of the lies and shit certain people are spreading about me. (this is the 3rd venue i have been barred from) This is my local venue which i have supported for 5 years.

All these lies have come from the Cleethorpes weekender where a certain DJ got into a fight with my mate for reasons i will not go into but are valid reasons,

Since that fight there have been numorous rumours going round that i stuck the boot in and other things added on......also all this is alledgedly on video.

So let me give you my side of the story.

Yes.... i was there when the fight took place. ( and not just me)

No.......i did not stick the boot in or get involved in anyway

And whoever has this video please show to the whole fcking country. Everybody (including myself) wants to see it.

By the way there were witnesses at the time of the fight and the witnesses (who i will not name) have put postings on here catagorically denying that there was 2 on 1 so why are you people believing it?

If you want to know anything about what happened at Cleethorpes dont believe one side of the story come and ask me and i will gladly give you the facts.

I have been on this scene for 5 years now and never experienced anything like this but i will not give up trying to clear my name ( which i shouldnt have to). The peope who are spreading these lies ( hopefully they are reading this ) have got you all fooled..!! So whoever you are do the decent thing ...........tell the truth or get off my back..!!

This is causing me problems no end with my personal life which nobody seems to consider when spreading the rumours. So ask yourself "if you where in my shoes" how would you react????

For anyone who knows me (us), friends etc.... knows that we are in this for the music and the firendships we have made and is such a shame it as had to come to this.

Social source share

• Replies 65
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Paul Brennan

No denials as yet then?

Heard so many different takes on this, what is the truth? Why are people being banned?

Anyone prepared to dispute this account of events or more to the point anyone who witnessed prepared to say different?

Paul

Social source share

No denials as yet then?

Heard so many different takes on this, what is the truth? Why are people being banned?

Anyone prepared to dispute this account of events or more to the point anyone who witnessed prepared to say different?

Paul

Didn't witness it but know this account to be true as do other respected witnesses! People came forward on the previous thread and were willing to testify that what was being said was utter bollox!

Only need to question why the thread was not only closed but removed so abruptly?

The aftermath of bruised egos and a fair fight (which we don't wanna see but hey! shit happens) seems now to have left innocent people still suffering from it all!

Pity there isn't the same support for these people as there was for the so called 'victim' when the report was pure bullsh*t

It happened and it seems that whatever the truth may be now doesn't matter!

Social source share

I have been on the scene for 30 years plus,like most of us had a break for a few years,for varios reasons.

Anyway lets cut to the chase shall we.

The fracas what happened at cleggy,shoud be well done and dusted by now.

Instead itss involving alot of people who go out for the few things impaticular, the music,the cameraderi and a sense of being a part of a fraternity.That most normal people dont understand and cant.

Myself personally think that lets draw a line under this as im sure all conerned will agree.

Instead of tit for tat barring from venues,or personal vendettas which i think is spiraling out of proportion.

This aint doin the scene any good wotsoever!

Come on for f*** sake! were all middle age people.We should be teaching the younger aspiring soulies by example.

Lets not let it spread through our scene like a cancer,that will eventually decrease numbers at venues!

Mike Cog

PS. no diggs were meant to anybody mellow.gif

Social source share

So let me give you my side of the story.

Yes.... i was there when the fight took place. ( and not just me)

No.......i did not stick the boot in or get involved in anyway

And whoever has this video please show to the whole fcking country. Everybody (including myself) wants to see it.

By the way there were witnesses at the time of the fight and the witnesses (who i will not name) have put postings on here catagorically denying that there was 2 on 1 so why are you people believing it?

I was one of the witnesses, I was walking past when the fight started, and have said so before, so no problem naming me.

So I'll say it again

IT WAS ONE AGAINST ONE. NO INVOLVEMENT FROM ANYONE ELSE

How clear does it have to be !

I'll also say that I did not, and do not, know Fatfish68 having only spoken to him once, so it's not that I'm just sticking up for my mates. No idea what the fight was over, don't want to know either. What I would like to see is a bit of common sense used. So perhaps that will get the message across.

Social source share

All these lies have come from the Cleethorpes weekender where a certain DJ got into a fight with my mate for reasons i will not go into but are valid reasons,

Unfair to be barred and blamed for something that had nothing to do with you, agreed. imo it would be good to hear your mate's reasoning for beating this DJ senseless. We've had the victim on here, now you, but it's not as if your mate had a quiet word/fight round the back is it? - Full on public beating in view of everyone wasn't it? So an equally public explanation would seem not an unreasonable request.

Assuming your mate is a soul fan, I was shocked to hear of the level of violence here, soulie on soulie. Sad state of affairs...

Social source share

Unfair to be barred and blamed for something that had nothing to do with you, agreed. imo it would be good to hear your mate's reasoning for beating this DJ senseless. We've had the victim on here, now you, but it's not as if your mate had a quiet word/fight round the back is it? - Full on public beating in view of everyone wasn't it? So an equally public explanation would seem not an unreasonable request.

Assuming your mate is a soul fan, I was shocked to hear of the level of violence here, soulie on soulie. Sad state of affairs...

You assume right in saying my mate is a soul fan but the reasons for what happened will not be put on here.A public explanaition is not required as it is their business. "A full on public beating"? There was 4 people who i know of who saw it ( hardly a public beating is it?) And as for beating him senseless...i think the biggest injury he sustained was a bruised ego and a bit of pride was dented.

Soulie on soulie doesn't come into it.If it needs sorting you have to sort it (by whatever means)

In saying all that I dont put any blame on my mate for the way i am being treated at the moment because i have nothing to hide. "SHIT HAPPENS" as they say and yes i,m getting the shit, but i,m only getting shit because people are spreading shit.

At the moment i feel like its "Fait Accompli" but i know that the truth will come out in time.

I put this thread on here just to let everybody know how i am being treated for something i did not do and maybe someone reading this has gone through or is going through the same thing. Its not a nice feeling..!!

Its not about "the fight" anymore so dont bring it up.

Social source share

I personally dont think we need a Spanish Inquesition on this.What will the wheres and why fors prove ? People will beleive what they want at the end of the day.

I beleive if both parties want to get together talk and sort it out.coz it must be a terrible cloud looming over them and" put this to bed asap" to coin a phrase.

Then why not lets respect there decision? So long as thats it.END OF !!!

So lets all abandon the witch hunt!And get back to why we all attend these venues in the first place.

Enjoyment !!!!!!!!!!

So pride and all that shit can take a back seat for now and forever,there is far more at stake than that.

So lets step back and look at the big picture eh! And hope common sense will prevail......

Mike Cog !!!

Social source share

You assume right in saying my mate is a soul fan but the reasons for what happened will not be put on here.A public explanaition is not required as it is their business. "A full on public beating"? There was 4 people who i know of who saw it ( hardly a public beating is it?) And as for beating him senseless...i think the biggest injury he sustained was a bruised ego and a bit of pride was dented.

Soulie on soulie doesn't come into it.If it needs sorting you have to sort it (by whatever means)

In saying all that I dont put any blame on my mate for the way i am being treated at the moment because i have nothing to hide. "SHIT HAPPENS" as they say and yes i,m getting the shit, but i,m only getting shit because people are spreading shit.

At the moment i feel like its "Fait Accompli" but i know that the truth will come out in time.

I put this thread on here just to let everybody know how i am being treated for something i did not do and maybe someone reading this has gone through or is going through the same thing. Its not a nice feeling..!!

Its not about "the fight" anymore so dont bring it up.

With respect I'll 'bring up' what I like. Since you've posted on a public forum.

Unless all previous postings on this are completely false, it sounded like a serious beating.

This sort of thing does not normally happen at NS functions. Yet it has here and no one seems to be any the wiser as to why. Would be nice to understand or at least rationalize why etc.

Social source share

I personally dont think we need a Spanish Inquesition on this.What will the wheres and why fors prove ? People will beleive what they want at the end of the day.

I beleive if both parties want to get together talk and sort it out.coz it must be a terrible cloud looming over them and" put this to bed asap" to coin a phrase.

Then why not lets respect there decision? So long as thats it.END OF !!!

So lets all abandon the witch hunt!And get back to why we all attend these venues in the first place.

Enjoyment !!!!!!!!!!

So pride and all that shit can take a back seat for now and forever,there is far more at stake than that.

So lets step back and look at the big picture eh! And hope common sense will prevail......

Mike Cog !!!

I think this is a very serious issue Mike to be honest.

If this sort of thing can go on at a northern do and no clear explanation is deemed necessary, perhaps it's time to stop going to northern do's?

Social source share

Simsy, your taking reports of the incident for granted a little here, this happened outside a venue late on and in view of a handful of people,

2 guys had a fight its not unheard of, one won, one lost, its only the after match reports that have escalated the issue beyond belief, and for the record the guy that came off best so to speak spent the rest of the weekend deeply upset, that i can vouch for!

As for public explanations, 2 guys with some considerable bad blood came to blows, the reasons for the bad blood are their business and theres only IMHO,

If 2 guys have a fight does the 'loser' automatically become a victim?

I know for a FACT if the result of the scuffle was reversed there would definitely have been no outragious claims of 2 on 1 and no attempts to get anybody barred from venues,

It still seems that some don't want to accept what really happened and want to cling on to the original account of things!

And barring onlookers from venues will only make matters worse! read Dave Rimmers post and if what he is saying is correct and i don't think anybody would dis believe Dave then anybody who saw the fight should be barred from all NS events,

As fatfish68 says the actual incident is not why he started this thread, its his current predicament and the fact he is being turned away from venues on the strength of incorrect information, and he is just trying to put the record straight and clear his name.

Social source share

If this sort of thing can go on at a northern do and no clear explanation is deemed necessary, perhaps it's time to stop going to northern do's?

I think to keep asking for an explanation does no good as it seems it was a very personall issue between 2 people and not for general consumption and they would possibly be very embarassed for the facts to come out. No one else was hurt so we should leave it at that. The only person with a genuine grievance is the one being refused entry to venues.

Social source share

Simsy, your taking reports of the incident for granted a little here, this happened outside a venue late on and in view of a handful of people,

First I've heard that that was the case. If that's true, that does put a slightly different light on it.

Accounts on this sorry affair seem to be very varied from all that I've read.

Thanks for that Pete. :thumbsup:

No more from me on this.

Social source share

2 guys had a fight its not unheard of, one won, one lost, its only the after match reports that have escalated the issue beyond belief, and for the record the guy that came off best so to speak spent the rest of the weekend deeply upset, that i can vouch for!

As for public explanations, 2 guys with some considerable bad blood came to blows, the reasons for the bad blood are their business and theres only IMHO,

If 2 guys have a fight does the 'loser' automatically become a victim?

I know for a FACT if the result of the scuffle was reversed there would definitely have been no outragious claims of 2 on 1 and no attempts to get anybody barred from venues,

It still seems that some don't want to accept what really happened and want to cling on to the original account of things!

And barring onlookers from venues will only make matters worse! read Dave Rimmers post and if what he is saying is correct and i don't think anybody would dis believe Dave then anybody who saw the fight should be barred from all NS events,

As fatfish68 says the actual incident is not why he started this thread, its his current predicament and the fact he is being turned away from venues on the strength of incorrect information, and he is just trying to put the record straight and clear his name.

I have to agree with you. Thankfully I did not see the fight but Dave Rimmer, who's view of things I respect and would take as gospel, why else would he even comment, said that it was clearly one on one. As far as I am concerned that is that. So why should fatfish68 (sorry don't know what your real name is) be barred from events because he was in the "alleged" perpetrators company at the time. Think back you guys....... If you had been banned from every event that any of your friends had been involved in fights/suffles at in your younger days, wouldn't you be a bit p*ssed. In fact many of us would never of been able to out again!!!!

QoFxx

Social source share

I have to agree with you. Thankfully I did not see the fight but Dave Rimmer, who's view of things I respect and would take as gospel, why else would he even comment, said that it was clearly one on one. As far as I am concerned that is that. So why should fatfish68 (sorry don't know what your real name is) be barred from events because he was in the "alleged" perpetrators company at the time. Think back you guys....... If you had been banned from every event that any of your friends had been involved in fights/suffles at in your younger days, wouldn't you be a bit p*ssed. In fact many of us would never of been able to out again!!!!

QoFxx

And lets not forget the knock on effect, when he is refused entry to a venue he may have travelled some distance to attend, his partner, friends etc all suffer and have their nights ruined or even their weekends!

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

In over 30 years (with a slight break), I have never heard or seen a fight between TRUE soulies!! Perhaps I have been living with my head in the sand. On a more regular basis, 'cat fights' have broken out, but dismissed as a bit of hair pulling. Reading though I am not alone in saying, we should be old enough to pull away from a fight. If anyone feels the NEED to fight, they should keep it between themselves, WELL away from a venue and YES they should be banned if they can't control themselves!!! We all get a little bit irrate at times, mostly through a slight (and I do mean slight) missunderstanding, even asking for a record to be played. We are ALL at fault to let others spoil our scene by a bit of fisticuffs. Anyone who 'claims' to be a mate of someone fighting at a 'Do', should think again . . . YOU should have stopped it :thumbsup::lol: for whatever reason it started, it should not be OUR problem on here!!!

Martin

p.s. Fight . . . I'd rather have another drink!! :yes:

Social source share

I was one of the witnesses, I was walking past when the fight started, and have said so before, so no problem naming me.

So I'll say it again

IT WAS ONE AGAINST ONE. NO INVOLVEMENT FROM ANYONE ELSE

How clear does it have to be !

I'll also say that I did not, and do not, know Fatfish68 having only spoken to him once, so it's not that I'm just sticking up for my mates. No idea what the fight was over, don't want to know either. What I would like to see is a bit of common sense used. So perhaps that will get the message across.

same here from me, I was a witness. and it was one on one, my concern was that I hate to see fights, I dont know fat fish, but barring him is wrong.perhaps this will be an end to it now.

Social source share

Anyone who 'claims' to be a mate of someone fighting at a 'Do', should think again . . . YOU should have stopped it :thumbsup::lol: for whatever reason it started, it should not be OUR problem on here!!!

...But for whatever reason you didn't, and I think you should just be allowed to get on with your soulin' :yes:

Social source share

In over 30 years (with a slight break), I have never heard or seen a fight between TRUE soulies!! Perhaps I have been living with my head in the sand. On a more regular basis, 'cat fights' have broken out, but dismissed as a bit of hair pulling. Reading though I am not alone in saying, we should be old enough to pull away from a fight. If anyone feels the NEED to fight, they should keep it between themselves, WELL away from a venue and YES they should be banned if they can't control themselves!!! We all get a little bit irrate at times, mostly through a slight (and I do mean slight) missunderstanding, even asking for a record to be played. We are ALL at fault to let others spoil our scene by a bit of fisticuffs. Anyone who 'claims' to be a mate of someone fighting at a 'Do', should think again . . . YOU should have stopped it :lol::yes: for whatever reason it started, it should not be OUR problem on here!!!

Martin

p.s. Fight . . . I'd rather have another drink!! :D

I can see where you are coming from on this, but if this is the case shouldn't both parties be banned from events and not just the one person, who apparently came out on top of the fight :yes: And why should the people in his compay but not involved be banned? Because he came out worse in this fight does that excuse him from blame and automatically make him the victim?

The people with him should of stopped the fight, that can be easier said than done when testosterone is in abundance ...............but the one thing I deffo agree with.....I'd rather have another drink :thumbsup:

And in reply for your comment that "I have never heard or seen a fight between TRUE soulies" does that make fights against non soulies ok. I have read many threads on here when people are talking about the "good old days" when they refer back to fights they started outside the Casino and other 70s venues, with punks, locals etc, is that OK then???????? :yes:

QoFxx

Social source share

Not sure of all the events fatfish68 has been turned away from, but would be interested to know if any of the promoters of these events have been reading this and why they refused entry in the first place? and has anything changed on reading this thread, witness accounts etc?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

So why should fatfish68 (sorry don't know what your real name is) QoFxx

What is your name fatfish68? Wouldn't it help if we knew who you were? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

And in reply for your comment that "I have never heard or seen a fight between TRUE soulies" does that make fights against non soulies ok. I have read many threads on here when people are talking about the "good old days" when they refer back to fights they started outside the Casino and other 70s venues, with punks, locals etc, is that OK then???????? :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Punks, yes they asked for it by trying to steal 'Soulies' records etc. I also witnessed 'locals' at Peterborough's Fleet Centre causing 'problems'!! Mick Smith sure put a stop to their ideas of grandeur. SOULIES they were not, and deserved the full force of the fist and brouge!!

Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

I personally dont think we need a Spanish Inquesition on this.

Mike Cog !!!

post-4169-1184424610_thumb.jpg

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Social source share

Punks, yes they asked for it by trying to steal 'Soulies' records etc. I also witnessed 'locals' at Peterborough's Fleet Centre causing 'problems'!! Mick Smith sure put a stop to their ideas of grandeur. SOULIES they were not, and deserved the full force of the fist and brouge!!

What! all punks or just one or two. Same as anything really good and bad in all groups. I went through a punk phase in the 70s and never stole any records, so still a bit confused about your generalisation :lol: So it's ok to beat someone up as long as they are not a "soulie"errrrrrrrrrrrrrr I may be a bit thick but I'm still not getting your drift. I personally don't think it is ok to beat anyone up, but hey I'm a girlie so that's understandable I suppose :thumbsup:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissieo
Social source share

:thumbsup: quality, can just see it -

Judge -

Mr A N Other, you have been charged with and found guilty of the most brutal, horrific murder i have ever come accross!

However.

As you heve proven beyond all reasonable doubt the 'victim' was trying to nick yer Ruby Andrews you are free to go!

If only life was so black and white

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

let it go .....saw the looser at lifeline seemed fine. If a fight happens and it dosn't involve a friend of mine not my problem....these things happen......why should this poor fella(fatfish68) be banned from anywhere tell em to stick it mate go somewhere else all the best

Social source share

....these things happen......why should this poor fella(fatfish68) be banned from anywhere tell em to stick it mate go somewhere else all the best

My thoughts entirely :thumbsup:

Been around for a long long time,(not as long as Coggy tho!!) and yea seen fights between other soulies and non-soulies, but this is dragging on for too long. Wrong people being scapegoated now and its getting boring.

Kaz

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Hi fatfish68

Let's start the ball rolling in the true sense of soul togetherness - not sure how far away you are from us - but you'd be very welcome at Broughton - next soul night Saturday 21st July.

Hope all goes well for you mate.

Brian :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest WeeLass Vonny

Sad at having to stay in tonight thus no souling wacko.gif Even sadder to read that fatfish has felt the need to start a thread in order to clear his name from this!!

For those of us that know him personally, he is a true & very sincere friend, never feeling the need to question his integrity as a decent genuine person! This whole affair has indeed placed a great deal of grievance on family & friends alike, Id imagine for all concerned !!

For the love of our Soul please find a peaceful way to resolve Asap & let us all get back to the reasons we thrive on the Northern Soul Scene- The Music, The People, The Laughter ( My medicine for life)!

Here's to happier times ahead :thumbsup:

VONNY

Social source share

Guest kent soul club

The original thread on this subject was obviously started without all the facts being known. It now seems that this guy is a victim of chinese whispers. Perhaps the original thread should have run a bit longer so the facts were more widely known.

It does seem some people add to threads without reading all previous posts, and then go away with a distorted view of events. If everyone had read Dave Rimmers posts on the original thread, surely this situation would not have arisen.

Just hope everyone has recovered ok, and everyone can get over this incident.

Social source share

Yes Simsy.But a public enquirey!!

Sounds abit like you want Judge,Jury and hangman.

When that will definately douse petrol on the embers.And turn into somethin alot bigger.

Your way would of to of got the police involved at the offset.

I myself kno that both parties want to close this ugly chapter.And get back to livin normal lives again.

So what i am saying is let them decide on the best course of action.

Or shall we nominate another Albert Pierpoint??Or maybe a trial by ordeal! :thumbsup:

PS MIddleton was brill lastnite if you missed it

Mike Cog

Social source share

Sad at having to stay in tonight thus no souling wacko.gif Even sadder to read that fatfish has felt the need to start a thread in order to clear his name from this!!

For those of us that know him personally, he is a true & very sincere friend, never feeling the need to question his integrity as a decent genuine person! This whole affair has indeed placed a great deal of grievance on family & friends alike, Id imagine for all concerned !!

For the love of our Soul please find a peaceful way to resolve Asap & let us all get back to the reasons we thrive on the Northern Soul Scene- The Music, The People, The Laughter ( My medicine for life)!

Here's to happier times ahead :lol:

VONNY

Well said Yvonne my sentiments exactly. I think theres been bad blood here for a while.

For wotever reasons they might be.

Promoters shouldnt be so quick as to ask them to stay away from a venue.

Not without hearing both sides of the story IMHO !

So please sit up and smell the coffee you guys who promote soul venues please!

I kno you want no problems at your venues,and i dont blame you to air on the side of caution.

But i think a chat in the right ear would overcome your worries :thumbsup:

PS i want yours and Shanes sicknotes on my dest for monday mornin or else ile be stoppin your giros!LOL

Mike Cog

Social source share

post-4169-1184424610_thumb.jpg

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

Derr ! Paul, soz mate i don't get the jist of what your sayin mate!

Or is that a lighthearted pun?

Soz if my sense of humour eludes me,

But I kno you and i'm sure you want this resolving as much as me mate.

Cya at Burnley 27th mucka,I hope by then all the friction will of petered out.I'm not sayin to all be best mates!But to at least be civil and respect the venue ther'e in.

As i'm sure they would do ! Because they eat sleep live for their soul.

Social source share

....these things happen......why should this poor fella(fatfish68) be banned from anywhere tell em to stick it mate go somewhere else all the best

My thoughts entirely :thumbsup:

Been around for a long long time,(not as long as Coggy tho!!) and yea seen fights between other soulies and non-soulies, but this is dragging on for too long. Wrong people being scapegoated now and its getting boring.

Kaz

Hey Kaz wot you mean not as long as me eh?? From what u can remember from Wigan days is about on parr with mine!! Evelyn Thomas Weak spot LOl. you must remember that at Holmes Chaple when i was tryin to dance to a top tune and kept gettin mithered by some antagonising TWAT whos this whos this Mike? i got fed up tellin him who it was.So i tolld him Evelyn Thomas to get shut of him LOL x x :lol:

Ps your Kit aint at my house today.

Mike Cog

Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

Derr ! Paul, soz mate i don't get the jist of what your sayin mate!

Or is that a lighthearted pun?

Soz if my sense of humour eludes me,

But I kno you and i'm sure you want this resolving as much as me mate.

Cya at Burnley 27th mucka,I hope by then all the friction will of petered out.I'm not sayin to all be best mates!But to at least be civil and respect the venue ther'e in.

As i'm sure they would do ! Because they eat sleep live for their soul.

Light hearted pun mate, (its nice in my world) wacko.gif

Just a piss take on an incident that imo has spiraled completely out of control. Only people involved or few witnesses know what occured and yet I have been told so many different tales, why? (not that want to feckin know in the first place - I don't watch soap operas and do not want to live in one)

The politics on the scene of late and I am not refering just to this incident (this is just the tip of the iceberg) are really pissing me off. I am taking a break for a while. Far too many gobshites, shit-stirrers, wanna-be's, egotistical pricks etc all spouting off and ruining what should be a good night out having a laugh and a dance with mates.

By the way agree with all sentiments you expressed on subject. As you say all involved great lads shame it has come to this.

Take care mate

Paul

Ps check out Monty Python - spanish inquisition on you tube (youve made me feel old now having to explain my jokes to youngsters like you :thumbsup:

Edited by Paul Brennan
Social source share

The politics on the scene of late and I am not refering just to this incident (this is just the tip of the iceberg) are really pissing me off. I am taking a break for a while. Far too many gobshites, shit-stirrers, wanna-be's, egotistical pricks etc all spouting of and ruining what should be a good night out having a laugh and a dance with mates.

Agree totally Paul, definitly spoiling it for me and theres plenty other things i can be getting on with that are far more enjoyable and far less political!

Pete

Social source share

Can't help thinking this is miles away from the great music we all worship.. anyways Allan Coney asked me to pass on this info regards this threadhe's as good with P.C's as he is with woman... also he isn't a member on soul source.

Sunday morning the head doorman at cleethorpes asked us if we could come out to door to put names to faces who had been in a incident,infact it was more so to try and mediate between the 2 party's involved and resolve the dispute peacefully.. fact is i know most of the people on the scene where as the door team really only know a handfull.

the first words from mick (doorman) were dya know these people ? pointing to cafe to 2 men .i nodded -without mentioning any names , mick commented 1 gave him a hiding when he'd done the other man kicked him a couple of times.My initial response was are you sure ?they're usually ok guys !

Mick says we'll check the c.ctv in the morning

At the end of the day tis is nobody else's business other than 2 party's involved,we have no problem whatsoever or past incidents with either party !

only problem we have is the lack of respect for fighting at soul events ( yes problems have to be resolved one way or the other but on neutral ground with a reforee if needed )

Back to video recording ,mick played film back with myself andy d and ben (doorman form sheffield) present .

the tape showed a one on one with one of the guys ending up on the floor then taking a few kicks from a second male.

now then this is a fact - some people seem to think a organisation like cleethorpes don't have camera's working ,just use your common sense here ,caravans ,children,shops - night club ,swimming pool how in god's name would they get public liability insurance etc.. without camera's and other security measure's ?

i am a man of my word with no vested interest either way - but i've seen the film it DOES exist -do not question my integrity - believe me don't !

whatever the root of this problem -why not get together and resolve it amicably - even if both party's have to swallow a bitter pill.

hope this helps .

Social source share

Can't help thinking this is miles away from the great music we all worship.. anyways Allan Coney asked me to pass on this info regards this threadhe's as good with P.C's as he is with woman... also he isn't a member on soul source.

Sunday morning the head doorman at cleethorpes asked us if we could come out to door to put names to faces who had been in a incident,infact it was more so to try and mediate between the 2 party's involved and resolve the dispute peacefully.. fact is i know most of the people on the scene where as the door team really only know a handfull.

the first words from mick (doorman) were dya know these people ? pointing to cafe to 2 men .i nodded -without mentioning any names , mick commented 1 gave him a hiding when he'd done the other man kicked him a couple of times.My initial response was are you sure ?they're usually ok guys !

Mick says we'll check the c.ctv in the morning

At the end of the day tis is nobody else's business other than 2 party's involved,we have no problem whatsoever or past incidents with either party !

only problem we have is the lack of respect for fighting at soul events ( yes problems have to be resolved one way or the other but on neutral ground with a reforee if needed )

Back to video recording ,mick played film back with myself andy d and ben (doorman form sheffield) present .

the tape showed a one on one with one of the guys ending up on the floor then taking a few kicks from a second male.

now then this is a fact - some people seem to think a organisation like cleethorpes don't have camera's working ,just use your common sense here ,caravans ,children,shops - night club ,swimming pool how in god's name would they get public liability insurance etc.. without camera's and other security measure's ?

i am a man of my word with no vested interest either way - but i've seen the film it DOES exist -do not question my integrity - believe me don't !

whatever the root of this problem -why not get together and resolve it amicably - even if both party's have to swallow a bitter pill.

hope this helps .

With all due respect Andy, i have no bitter pills to swallow..!!

As previous postings by Dave Rimmer and others state i did not get involved.Are you not now questioning the integrity of these people?

if there is a video of this lets see it.you pick the venue and ill be there with all the other people who want to see it.

Again i stress that did not pay any part of this incident and i will not stop for anything to clear my name of these bullshit allegations.

As for getting together to resolve it.........i,m well up for it. Is the other party?

Suggestion....Lets get the police involved its not too late. Thats how confident i am about all this.

What do you think?

Social source share

Here's to happier times ahead yes.gif

VONNY

Hi Sis

Fully agree with all your comments! B & L are absolute diamonds. So crap that B had to leave the do on Friday, left a lot of peeps dismayed.

We work all week to enjoy the scene, music and family of friends, dont let the bitching bring the magic to a halt!

X

Woo :-)

Social source share

Guest soul city

Hi Sis

Fully agree with all your comments! B & L are absolute diamonds. So crap that B had to leave the do on Friday, left a lot of peeps dismayed.

We work all week to enjoy the scene, music and family of friends, dont let the bitching bring the magic to a halt!

X

Woo :-)

B + L, ARE INNOCENT I TO KNOW EM (end this now) thumbsup.gif

Social source share

I feel the bigger explanation is needed from the promoters who can barr one party and not the other

without any idea of the facts.    I feel its narrow minded and short-sighted of the promoters that they can judge 'one' on not a shred of evidence of what went on.   Obviously they have taken the word of 'one' person and just ignored what facts there are.  I feel so strongly with regard to this

that me & my party of friends (that we travel to venues with) feel that we can no longer support these 'venues'.   And hopefully justice will prevail and the venues fall flat on their arses!

Social source share

I feel the bigger explanation is needed from the promoters who can barr one party and not the other

without any idea of the facts. I feel its narrow minded and short-sighted of the promoters that they can judge 'one' on not a shred of evidence of what went on. Obviously they have taken the word of 'one' person and just ignored what facts there are. I feel so strongly with regard to this

that me & my party of friends (that we travel to venues with) feel that we can no longer support these 'venues'. And hopefully justice will prevail and the venues fall flat on their arses!

I asked the same question in an earlier post, surely some of these promoters are members here and are aware of this thread?

Why no explanation for their decision/actions?

Social source share

The knock on effect has already started,both parties are regulars at middleton only one set attended last nite.It doesnt help that the loser is actively rallying support from promoters to ban people,worse still some are falling for it.This 30 second brawl that was between 2 men outside a venue has been rumbling for over a year neither is blameless,one won one lost take it on the chin or sort it out once and for all.I have no axe to grind with either and personaly know all involved and the whole story behind it,barring people is not the answer.If this continues it will become an us and them situation maybe thats what some want who knows.Bottom line is sort it out shake hands or forget about it we arent barring anyone.

Edited by Soultown andy
Social source share

Guest Trevski

looks like a case for Sherlock holmes. Reading through this thread, I am confused, and from the evidence provided from both sides, unable to make a decision as to what really happened. I am completely neutral, don't know the parties involved, wasn't there, but Like many on here, by the number of views, intrigued as to the real 'truth' of the matter and saddened how 2 peoples private feud has affected the harmony of the scene.  Party A the DJ, claims two onto one. Party B the two implicated, claim one on one. Two eye witnesses say they only saw one one one. As eye witnesses with no allegiances and one being the respected Dave Rimmer, We have no reason to disbelieve them. How then can the cctv show two onto one? Yet there is no reason to disbelieve the people who saw the tape either, so really the tape holds the answer, as the only actual proof of what happened,but only if it is clear and taken from a good angle so no mistakes can be made. Perhaps the eye witnesses in good faith reported what they saw, but didn't get a clear view, or saw it from a misleading angle. Perhaps the same could be said for the tape. Who knows? The parties involved. Unless the tape can be provided and prove irrefutably what happened with no margin for error, then it's up to those involved to sort this out between themselves, they know the truth. We don't need to know the outcome, as long as it's sorted and put to an end.

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Paul Brennan

looks like a case for Philip (Trevski) Marlowe

post-4169-1184545662.jpg

Look Mrs Sternwood-Rutledge, that broad, I mean, your sister Carmen is well up for it, whatcha say to a threesome.

Social source share

Guest sharynm

I asked the same question in an earlier post, surely some of these promoters are members here and are aware of this thread?

Why no explanation for their decision/actions?

Hi

Kev was going to post up yesterday but didn't get time as we weren't in. I'm going to try and remember what he was going to put, if I make any mistakes sorry.

At Chris Watermans do a couple of weeks ago Kev asked Steve, a friend of the guy involved to ask them not to come to Lowton this month, as he knew the other party would be there, as they DJ in the back room. He also said he did not want both parties in the venue at the same time if there was going to be trouble. Kev also spoke to the guy involved's girlfriend on the Tuesday and went through the same thing, that he didn't want any trouble in Lowton.

On the Friday evening when Kev was DJing, the party he had asked not to come arrived with some friends, which in itself wouldn't have been so bad had he, firstly gone onto the stage and spoke to Kev about why he was there, and that he wasn't there to cause any trouble. Whilst Kev was DJing I was told by somebody who had overheard one of his friends say that if the DJ said a word that the other guy was going to kill him and that if anybody tried to throw him out, he was going to kill them too. Which didn't leave Kev with much of an alternative. Kev has never told anybody at anytime that they were barred, as I think they will all agree.

I then spent the remainder of my evening talking to friends of the guy asked to leave, and the other people involved, in the back rooms behind the stage to see if this whole mess can be sorted out.

Kev is on a hiding to nothing with Lowton, as many of you will testify to when i've run up to them in their cars at the end of the night, asking them to turn music off while they are on the car park, we have the people in the houses calling out the council nearly every month with complaints. Fighting and police would just about finish it off. Kev as a promotor also has to think about the safety of all the other people that are in the venue should there be any trouble.

Kev has asked me to put on the bottom that he will gladly get all parties involved over to Lowton and bang their heads together, then make them all stand in the naughty corner for the whole evening.

as for me, I don't go out that often as I have other commitments, and when I do go out I want to just have a nice time with ALL the people on the soul scene that i've been friendly with over the years, so come on, get it sorted out!

sorry if this is a bit scrambled but i'm in work and that's what I should be doing instead of writing this!

Social source share