Build Me A Mountain

Paul-s

Well , at last, I gave it to Joan, so a clip should go up today.

GONNA BUILD ME A MOUNTAIN - Jonathan Capree OXBOW mint

only two copies around for the last two years. A DDA tune and has packed the floor whenever its played. SO, serious offers only. Will consider trades....if you have George Hobson...call me HA!

PM if interested thanks PAUL-s

Social source share

• Replies 58
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

only two copies around for the last two years. A DDA tune and has packed the floor whenever its played. SO, serious offers only. Will consider trades....if you have George Hobson...call me HA!

one of the best records ever imo, I'm the lucky twat with the other one and i swear you could play it in a rave or wedding or anywhere and it would rock the dance. I love records that anyone would like whatever they're into, a masterpiece, anyone interested in a copy can try and pull it out of my dead hand. :shades:

(and i'll put a 5 grand contract on anyone who boots it!)

Social source share

Was that the record you played at Lifeline when it was at the place on the A1/...if so it is a brilliant record.

Social source share

Cant believe it never sold first time you listed this Paul.

F****in monster of a record............looking forward to a clip not herd it this year!

No chance of me raising enough money to buy it, i'll buy a gun insted and pull it from Miks dying hand :shades:

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

WHERE`S THE SOUNDCLIP THEN PAUL,I`D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT...?

BEST,IVOR

Social source share

memory says it builds up to a right old climax at the end, thats right yep ?

YES, there is a latin style break and then it comes in with an even bigger climax.........!!ooooH! :thumbsup:

there are only a couple of copies around for the last year. I had mine over two years ago and Adam leaver found one and sold it to Mik parry. And his comments are spot on....its a compulsive floor filler, hence Im only taking serious offers or trades because I dont mind hanging on to it!! :lol: Yes, I did play it at lifeline when it was on the A1

Social source share

YES, there is a latin style break and then it comes in with an even bigger climax.........!!ooooH! :ohmy:

there are only a couple of copies around for the last year. I had mine over two years ago and Adam leaver found one and sold it to Mik parry. And his comments are spot on....its a compulsive floor filler, hence Im only taking serious offers or trades because I dont mind hanging on to it!! :lol: Yes, I did play it at lifeline when it was on the A1

that's where i first heard it :D cheers mate! See why, but it's a a shame to cut it before the end. it's all about the end, he just grooves along like it's going nowhere then after that brass break it kicks back in a big way and then goes up another level after that.

It's a good tune till the middle 8 break but the ending makes it a great tune.

Social source share

that's where i first heard it :D cheers mate! See why, but it's a a shame to cut it before the end. it's all about the end, he just grooves along like it's going nowhere then after that brass break it kicks back in a big way and then goes up another level after that.

It's a good tune till the middle 8 break but the ending makes it a great tune.

GOOD DESCRIPTION...... :ohmy: It really is an underground tune, because me and Mik dont trawl the big venues hammering it, I think. Its been looked after and I certainly dont play it every time I dj....People visiting DDA or when they heard DDA at the old 'soul or nothing', or people who hear Mik play, are the fortunate few to get a listen and dance to it!! Infectious! :lol:

Social source share

I'm obviously missing something here cos it's gone straight over my head, it's the old wade in the water tune, maybe you should have left off the first half and just put the second half on? (Actually the tune sounds like Incense by The Anglos)

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I'm obviously missing something here cos it's gone straight over my head, it's the old wade in the water tune, maybe you should have left off the first half and just put the second half on? (Actually the tune sounds like Incense by The Anglos)

Yes, but thats from someone who thinks GEORGE HOBSON is not a good tune!! And thats one of my favourite all timers. So we obviously come at soul music from different angles. Thats whats so great about this varied scene! :lol: Different tastes Pete!HA!.... Wade in the water? :lol::ohmy:

Had to re-edit Pete. Just saw you trying to sell 'Marchin' by Camp?? Bloody atrocious record. As someone already said, a load of old tosh. Come on! :D

p.s. Im only having a laugh, before anyone jumps in!

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

Yes, but thats from someone who thinks GEORGE HOBSON is not a good tune!! And thats one of my favourite all timers. So we obviously come at soul music from different angles. Thats whats so great about this varied scene! :lol: Different tastes Pete!HA!.... Wade in the water? :lol::ohmy:

Had to re-edit Pete. Just saw you trying to sell 'Marchin' by Camp?? Bloody atrocious record. As someone already said, a load of old tosh. Come on! :D

p.s. Im only having a laugh, before anyone jumps in!

George Hobson is utter sh*te Paul, truly truly awful. A record of almost Carstairs-like rubbishness.

That new one of yours is ok but the word average could have been invented for it, which is why I'd like to have heard the spectacular second part of the record.

Wade in the water - old slave songs - they all have the same tune more or less, and thats what your guy is singing.

Social source share

George Hobson is utter sh*te Paul, truly truly awful. A record of almost Carstairs-like rubbishness.

That new one of yours is ok but the word average could have been invented for it, which is why I'd like to have heard the spectacular second part of the record.

Wade in the water - old slave songs - they all have the same tune more or less, and thats what your guy is singing.

I just judge stuff first by my own taste and then by the reaction of the audiences i play to, where this fills the dancefloor more than established classics.

But I dont play at Northern do's so know nor care how it would go down at them or to lovers of that traditional northern sound, one of which i am not. But this is 'soul' source, not 'northern soul' source isn't it?

The chord changes that make it 'similar' to Wade In The Water are just R&B chord changes which most minor key R&B tracks have, i can't see any other simularity, and it seems a bit simplistic to make the comparison.

By the way, you're the first person I've ever heard say this is an average record.

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

To the best of my knowledge iI have only heard it the once and that was at Lifeline and I thought it was a terrific dancers record....beginning R&B sound with an almost funky break in the middle and a great end. I asked what it was when I came off the dance floor when it finished but nobody was saying. Have to say Pete I think you need to hear it out and loud.

M

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor
wicked.gif ................TUNE!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup.gif
ME, SOULBARNER, AND ENZO, THINK THIS IS A STORMER OF A 45. IF I HAD 300 QUID SPARE I WOULD BUY IT, LOL :lol::lol:
Social source share

Hi Paul,

Good to see you on Sunday @ Sheffield......Shifty has a nice copy of George Hobson, great tune!.....just do a straight swop :wicked: ....might as well pick up the Magnetics too while your on to him tongue.gif

Any serious offers on Jonathan yet! P.M. me.

Tony

Social source share

Hi Paul,

Good to see you on Sunday @ Sheffield......Shifty has a nice copy of George Hobson, great tune!.....just do a straight swop :lol: ....might as well pick up the Magnetics too while your on to him :unsure:

Any serious offers on Jonathan yet! P.M. me.

Tony

If he had any sense he would do a straight swap. Capree is rarer......Cant believe old Smithy thinks its crap. But, im not a part of the good old 'stompin' northern scene. Is Mr Z away, cos he has some swaps I want!? Pete S did'nt elaborate on that classic tune 'Marchin' ....!!! HA! HA! Not even a slave type song. Just pure sh...te! :wave: Hope your well mate.

Social source share

I just judge stuff first by my own taste and then by the reaction of the audiences i play to, where this fills the dancefloor more than established classics.

But I dont play at Northern do's so know nor care how it would go down at them or to lovers of that traditional northern sound, one of which i am not. But this is 'soul' source, not 'northern soul' source isn't it?

The chord changes that make it 'similar' to Wade In The Water are just R&B chord changes which most minor key R&B tracks have, i can't see any other simularity, and it seems a bit simplistic to make the comparison.

By the way, you're the first person I've ever heard say this is an average record.

Hes an average type guy mik, with average type taste. Its fair enough...each to his own. Anyway, I have played it a while back at middleton, Wigan, Perth and Melbourne (northern events , main room) and it packed the floor. Like 'Marchin' hey !! :wave: ....."left, right, hup two three four" ..brilliant soulful lyrics those , not like that George Hobson eh! :unsure:But, I agree with you Mik , im a part of the 'soul' scene, rather than the traditional Northern scene.

Social source share

Not sure about Wade in The Water but Cajun Heart - Find Away crossed with The Snake sums it up for me and these are two massive tunes from the northern scene?

Maybe if it went to the break (latin) the difference would be more clear. Cant recall the Snake too clearly as it used to raelly 'hiss ' me off :( Cajun Hart....lyrically, I guess, it has that surreal aspect to it! A bit more expressive than 'left right, hup two three four,' anyway. Wade in the water...I just cant hear it? Guess I will put on my wellies and have another listen! :huh:

Social source share

Yes! but we can only go off the sound clip with out the break, it could be a bit Opps Up Side Your Head or Backwards Oppside Down after that great intro?

Post more.

JOAN, if your reading this, can you (if you get time) post a clip that has til the end of the break please.! It will go this week as I have had several v temping offers! rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Pete S did'nt elaborate on that classic tune 'Marchin' ....!!! HA! HA! Not even a slave type song. Just pure sh...te! :lol: Hope your well mate.

I never made any claims for that record apart from saying it's ultra rare, which it is.

If you want to listen to second rate pop-gospel then I'm very happy for you thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Feel like buying the other one myself it's so good!

Pete S, I dont know why you feel you have to be so vocal about every record that's mentioned that you dont like. I don't like a lot of stuff that gets posted up or played but don't post just to say I dont like it, it's kind of irrelevant and negative.

The fact is, this record absolutely rocks the dance and a lot of people with good taste like it.

If it's not your taste, just ignore it. And to call it 'average pop gospel' is just insulting and says more about you than it does about the record.

Social source share

reiterate other views its a belter and the dance floor gets well clogged up ...by me.. when its played.. wish i wasnt broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

WELL, its gone.....!! Thanks to all who showed interest. If the guy doesn't collect it off me on Friday, I will contact the other bidders. In case your wondering, Pete-S ended up paying a couple of grand for it!! :lol::thumbup::huh::thumbsup:

Social source share