Ian Levine, Motorcity, Centre City, Blackpool Mecca, And Swons

Hi All,

Thanks to young Sean Livesey for playing the J J Barnes track - "I've seen the light" for me at the Village Soul tuscany weekender,

As I suspected it sounds even better over a big system and filled the floor!.

I couldn't help smiling when a couple of DJ's went over to ask what it was too. A definate winner!.

Many thanks

Jayne.x.

I love you.

If I wasn't gay, I'd be proposing.

Social source share

Swoz, I have searched and searched and I've only got my own copy.

Still, you can have that if you want

Which one - there were three ??

WALK AWAY AND NEVER LOOK BACK

SECOND LOOK

MY MAN

Social source share

He also has the most soulful name of any dog I know.

He belongs on Soul Source.

Well all I can say is your the most unselfish less person i know, you gave me and my family the biggest love and friend a person could have, he got me out, back onto my feet and back into the real world after my serious illness last year and i love him to bits, and for that i thank you from the bottom of my heart biggrin.gif and yes his name is real soulful isn't it x

Social source share

Well all I can say is your the most unselfish less person i know, you gave me and my family the biggest love and friend a person could have, he got me out, back onto my feet and back into the real world after my serious illness last year and i love him to bits, and for that i thank you from the bottom of my heart and yes his name is real soulful isn't it x

I'm a bit choked up after reading that, but I'm so glad he has such a great home, and I think both you and Steve are wonderful.

And to everyone who's wondering, his name is "Levi", named after Mister Stubbs.

Social source share

I Have loads for sale pm me .

I'm still mystified where these turned up from.

I remember when Tim Ashibende had a box of fifty mint copies of Danny Moore, and he swore me to secrecy because if people knew he had so many, no-one would want them.

The moral of this story, is if you have something that's rare, don't go telling everyone how many copies you have.

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

I'm still mystified where these turned up from.

I remember when Tim Ashibende had a box of fifty mint copies of Danny Moore, and he swore me to secrecy because if people knew he had so many, no-one would want them.

The moral of this story, is if you have something that's rare, don't go telling everyone how many copies you have.

I found a few of these the other week and snapped 'em up:-

G.C. Cameron "No Need To Explain"/"Out Of My Mind" Motor City 12" 12 MOTC 89

Johnny Bristol "Man Up In The Sky"/"Man Up In The Sky" Inst Motor City 12" 12 MOTC 21

G.C. Cameron "Out Of My Mind"

https://www.zshare.net/audio/18929887eb7feb5c/

The other side of the G.C. Cameron is great as well......

G.C. Cameron "No Need To Explain"

https://www.zshare.net/audio/189300388ece930a/

Johnny Bristol "Man Up In The Sky"

https://www.zshare.net/audio/18930200c776ec5e/

These are some old stock of the original 12"'s from the last millenium, so once these go that's it! PM me if anyone wants 'em.........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Swoz, I have searched and searched and I've only got my own copy.

Still, you can have that if you want :lol:

NICE ONE PETE

BUSY WORKING ON WWW SITE,THEN COMING BACK TO SOUL SOURCE TO LISTEN TO EBONY ALLEYNE PURE CLASS. YOU KNOW IT DOES'NT MATTER IF YOUR IN TO MODERN OR OLDIES AS I AM. YOU WOULD HAVE TO ADDMITT THAT THIS RECORD SHOULD BE RELEASED NICE ONE IAN . SAD TO KNOW

IT'S JUST LYING IN A TIN ON THE SHELF SOMWHERE, MAYBE IF ENOUGH PEOPLE LISTEN TO IT ( page 14 ian levine motor city ) THEN SOMEONE MAY JUST SIT UP AND REALISE THEY HAVE A HIT ON THEIR HANDS..AMY AND DUFFY.

"POUR YOUR LITTLE HEARTS OUT"

IAN DON'T STOP PRODUCING YOUR MUSIC..KEEP ON KEEPING ON. thumbup.gif

PETE SEE YOU IN SHOP ABOUT THAT RECORD THANKS

SWO :lol:

Social source share

123 downloads and rising!

Plus I've had responses like this following playing it on the show on Sunday:

"Ian, What a tune ! You MUST send me a copy ! Alan Champ (Starpoint Radio)"

Sounds better and better............

Gary The Master Blaster "Cafe Reggio's"

https://www.zshare.net/audio/183698315b8bc59d/

Ian D :lol:

This has jumped from 123 downloads yesterday to a massive 433 over the last 24 hours! This means that other blogs and forums have picked up on it. Gary The Master Blaster has never been bigger! :D

Ian D :lol:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

I fully understand what you saying , Phone me tomorrow I may be tempted to pass on a few to you Only for a big Kiss

Chalky !!!!!!!

I'm shocked.

People will get the wrong idea.

Social source share

Love this, just bought it!!

Also can't get out of my head ' Love Is My Sanctuary....la la la lal...'

That's my favourite.

That's the one that should be on a seven inch.

Social source share

I can't understand a f*cking word he's saying

That's because it was taped on an old hissy cassette in 1970, and in 1998 a sound expert had a go at removing the music and rescuing the voice so we could make this record.

Considering what it went through, I think it sounds pretty damn good.

"Today is a beautiful day

Tonight's gonna be a more beautiful night

But the day that begins again at twelve midnight is the beginning of the rest of your life

Make something good of it.

Till Monday at two o clock, God willing, and with my old lady's approval;

Ciao"

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

I so agree.

I also treasure the stuff I cut with Barbara Randolph, Barbara McNair, and P.J., all three of whom are no longer with us.

Here's Barbara Randolph, and it's particularly touching in that she's singing the song to Eddie Singleton, and they're both gone now.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

Always loved Barbara McNair, that must have been a great experience, always enjoyed the much told tale about her being the first Motown artist to pose for "Playboy". On a personal note my favourite recording of hers was "Steal Away Tonight" i know it was LP only ( i have both her Motown LP's) but i'm certain it was pencilled in for a Motown release, but never saw the light, do you know if it made it to an unissued acetate Ian ? ( think i asked this before on the forum, and apologies, i can't recall the conclusion.)

Brett

It was Motown 1112, coupled with "For Once In My Life."

Can't remember all the details, but there were some limited copies I think.

So it must be on the 1967 Motown singles box set, surely ???

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

It was Motown 1112, coupled with "For Once In My Life."

Can't remember all the details, but there were some limited copies I think.

So it must be on the 1967 Motown singles box set, surely ???

Did you ever have one Ian ?, this must be one of the hardest Motown records/test press etc to own.

I would love to see a scan, anyone have one ?

Brett

Social source share

======

thanks ian - nice version

but there is only one version for me mate

ROWETTA

Yes but there's no video of that.

I thought you would at least like to see the song up on here.

Besides, Verna's version is better anyway.

Social source share

======

thanks ian - nice version

but there is only one version for me mate

ROWETTA

Did you ever see this ??

I wrote this with her. The video is not mine but I wrote and produced the song.

Social source share

====

i didnt ian - was a good album...did it sell well????

It sold well but should have done much better. Gut Records spent far too long fine-tuning it instead of getting it out while her name was still hot.

The album version of "And I'm Telling You" was simply amazing, and very very Blackpool Mecca in style, but they had it remixed for the single and video, and it was a disgrace, frankly, and turned a great Seventies style Soul mover into some God-Awful piece of cruddy techno.

Social source share

You are to be congratulated, very nice , and what a voice.

Shes seems to be a lovely person

That's not a word I would use to describe her, Pauline, in fact most definitely not.

Social source share

That's not a word I would use to describe her, Pauline, in fact most definitely not.

Oh dear, won't go down that road then.

Received my motorcity DVD today. Loooking forward to seeing that.

I also love Carol Jiani - Work My Fingers To the Bone. (You probably think I've been living on another planet for the last couple of years!)

P :thumbsup:

Edited by paup-ine
Social source share

Received my motorcity DVD today. Loooking forward to seeing that.

I also love Carol Jiani - Work My Fingers To the Bone. (You probably think I've been living on another planet for the last couple of years!)

Not at all.

What had been happening was that anything with my name on seemed to get a lot of criticism particularly here on Soul Source.

I kept away from it, and watched for years as people pre-judged without listening.

What seems to have happened is that after I finally plucked up the courage to come on here in person, and reason with people (most people can be reasoned with, although a few are beyond discussion), and people actually looked at some of what I had been doing, people realised they quite liked some of it after all.

And now, Gary The Master Blaster and Freda Payne and J.J. Barnes, are all going massive on the Northern Scene, following in the footsteps of Sidney Barnes, and the old few who slagged off every Ian Levine production, are now not being listened to by the majority here on Soul Source, which is a wonderful thing, and the dawning of a whole new day, especially after the monumental amount of work that has gone into the 200 DVD Box Set.

Social source share

Lets just say she's incredibly strong willed and demanding, very similar to what people say about Diana Ross, and leave it at that.

Social source share