Prestatyn Weekender - March 13th - 16th 2009

S&m

Anyone travelling from England to prestatyn via the A55(especially on the friday)

would be better going down the coast road instead of the A55 due to some huge tail backs at the roadworks near Halkyn

Its around an hour jam west bound and will be worse on fridays

The west bound roadworks are finished

So the A55 is ok now

• Replies 254
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

name='Ferrett' date='Mar 9 09,

Got the DJ times now (thanks Crystal Tipps!!)

===============================================

Well come on then Crystal Tipps you or Alister ( Ferrett ) share em with us :thumbup::lol:

xx Ian Troy Tempest C

Ah Marina off Stingray my perfect woman fit as owt n dumb :yes:

God I'm dumb - I've only just realised who Alister is..... unsure.gif D'oh!

All this confusion and the weekend hasn't even started - there's no hope!! :(

One more day of work :yes: yee har!!

Guest Soulboychester

Lastminute.com if there is a spare "band" going for grabs - please give me a shout 07525 062423 or IM

Nigel

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON tongue.gif

Guest Mr TEA

just called pontins to make sure ok to to go down on the thursday, and they said only promoters will be allowed in thursday, is this correct?

Guest littlemissoul

just called pontins to make sure ok to to go down on the thursday, and they said only promoters will be allowed in thursday, is this correct?

We have always gone down on the thursday so I am sure thats wrong

xXx

==========================================================================

NO THATS WRONG THURS CLUB APARTMENTS READY FROM 14..00HRS OTHERS FROM 16..00 HRS

I PHONED OTHER WEEK

X IAN

Are ye sure about this guys? According to Dave Rimmer's discog on The Volumes on his Soulfulkinda music site, Denis Coffey said that The Magnetics were not the same group as the Volumes......

Martin.

And that info came directly from Dennis Coffey who said he had played with both bands so he should know the difference.

The west bound roadworks are finished

So the A55 is ok now thumbup.gif

Thanks Darren, was gettin worried that the horse and cart would hold people up along the A55.

The Attic guys will be in full effect,selling pegs (soul pegs of course) in the foyer,and getting proper banjo'd all weekend.Nothing different then. :)

Friday afternoon,Saturday,Sunday,home Monday.

Oh ,and on the Wireless Friday evening - Attic Seaside Special ,6.00pm - 8.00pm.

(Right across Emer and Corrie sad.gif .Never mind,you'll only miss the return of Mr.Wilks, and Norris running away with Becky to start a new life in Thailand, leaving Steve at the altar,,,don't watch 'em myself...........ooops!! :lol: )

Guest nubes

Just finished me ironing, and sorted my bag out, we'll be there about noon on Fri can't wait

Harpo n Sandi

And will ya have the modern cd that u promised me from Blackpool 07 Harpo??!! tongue.gif ...looking forward to seeing both of ya Saturday night sometime in the modern room...Sandi luv.....shall i bring my Caister whistle with me dear???!!!!!......l8ters Delxxxx

And that info came directly from Dennis Coffey who said he had played with both bands so he should know the difference.

After a gap of 3 years I've got a free wristband pass for Saturday evening (Thanks Mr DJ), I was looking forward to seeing Bobby Patterson again (saw him with William Bell at the Cala Gran).

The Volumes are a bit of a mystery to me, I had a 45 by them on Chex some years back. Hope it is not another case of Tribute bands again at Pontin's with that bloke from the Fantastics doing all the singing.

Can anyone give us a line up for the group, members names etc so we can check? I love live acts, but it is wearing a little thin with me that you seem to get, one guy who recorded with the band and 3 "hangers on" from Detroit who can hold a tune. The Peps & Undisputed Truth were a recent example at Northampton Weekender. Same group.

As some one once said It's a bit like sh----ing your sister, it feels the same, but you know its not quite right !"

I'll enjoy it as it's a free 'un and I'm still skint, is it all right to bring a small box of records along to sell ? I've been reading some comments earlier in this thread and no one has replied.

Looking forward to meeting Jackie and Bill and the old guys from St Ives, Hope to be there Saturday afternoon tea time.

Chris

biggrin.gif

From Thurs thru Mon il have me trusty little 50 count box with me wandering round the Record Sales Area @ Prestatyn!! All for sale and mostly in EXL to M-

Open to trades BUT depends on the item , but i like to be fair and everyone to be happy!!

As usual there a few run of the mill things plus a few nice POPULAR ITEMS!!

A few Artists include,,,,,

THE VOWS, JIMMY "preacher" ELLIE, BARBARA CARR, JOEY GEE, THE MASQUERADERS(top ten), GUITAR RAY, AL GARDNER(sepia) ,PAUL SINDAB(hype), TONY MIDDLETON, SYNG McGOWAN, THE CHANDLERS, TSU TORANADOS, THE CHARARISMA BAND, ANTHONY WHITE, THE FIESTAS, JACK MONTGOMERY,, and loads more at FAIR PRICES

If ya going i hope ya have a great weekend, im gonna try me best

GO PRESSY!! thumbsup.gif

Nige B x!! :lol:

Guest Soultown andy

The information i have from john poole is that eddie union and elijah davies are they only surviveing members of the volumes and they are both at prestatyn now[hope i my spellings right for the experts on here].And eddie union may have some interesting info for mr rimmer according to john wink.gif .

Guest Soultown andy

Asked john about record boxes small boxes are fine,but the same rules apply at prestatyn as all the other weekenders regardeing record sales.Only the people who have booked and paid for tables should be selling out of anything bigger than a 50 count box same as everywhere.

Guest Soultown andy

SOULTOWN ALLDAYER QUEEN VIC FRI 11 30AM TILL 11PM

11 30 TILL 1 TBC

1 TILL 2 SUE CLAXTON/DOLLY

2 TILL 3 JOHN BAXTER/MICK HOWARD

3 TILL 4 GED PARKER/IAN CUNLIFFE

4 TILL 5 PETE HULATT/COLIN WOODS

5 TILL 6 NEIL JONES/PETE FRENCH

6 TILL 7 TERRY GEE/CHRIS MORGAN

7 TILL 8 DAVE RIVERS/DES PARKER

8 TILL 9 JOHN WESTON/NICK HACKETT

9 TILL 10 CARL FORTNUM

10 TILL 11 SOUL SAM

Edited by Soultown andy
Guest Soultown andy

tHURS NITE MAIN HALL

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

CAROL MCARTHY,SUE CLAXTON,GLYNN SISSONS,IAN CUNLIFFE,NEIL RUSHTON,MICK H,MARK FREEMAN,CHICO,HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND.

And everyone can go from thurs as usual.

Edited by Soultown andy

tHURS NITE MAIN HALL

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

CAROL MCARTHY,SUE CLAXTON,GLYNN SISSONS,IAN CUNLIFFE,NEIL RUSHTON,MICK H,MARK FREEMAN,CHICO,HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND.

================================================================================

====

C- U ALL 2MORROW

Everyone have a safe journey down

xx Ian & Jane

Asked john about record boxes small boxes are fine,but the same rules apply at prestatyn as all the other weekenders regardeing record sales.Only the people who have booked and paid for tables should be selling out of anything bigger than a 50 count box same as everywhere.

Thanks for that Andy, just nobody had replied to the earlier posts on the subject, Is anyone selling old magazines by the way? I have some wants for Blues and Soul I'm trying to clear up.

See you Saturday

Chris

biggrin.gif

After a gap of 3 years I've got a free wristband pass for Saturday evening (Thanks Mr DJ), I was looking forward to seeing Bobby Patterson again (saw him with William Bell at the Cala Gran).

The Volumes are a bit of a mystery to me, I had a 45 by them on Chex some years back. Hope it is not another case of Tribute bands again at Pontin's with that bloke from the Fantastics doing all the singing.

Can anyone give us a line up for the group, members names etc so we can check? I love live acts, but it is wearing a little thin with me that you seem to get, one guy who recorded with the band and 3 "hangers on" from Detroit who can hold a tune. The Peps & Undisputed Truth were a recent example at Northampton Weekender. Same group.

As some one once said It's a bit like sh----ing your sister, it feels the same, but you know its not quite right !"

I'll enjoy it as it's a free 'un and I'm still skint, is it all right to bring a small box of records along to sell ? I've been reading some comments earlier in this thread and no one has replied.

Looking forward to meeting Jackie and Bill and the old guys from St Ives, Hope to be there Saturday afternoon tea time.

Chris

biggrin.gif

Thanks for that guys I Googled the names and got Dave Rimmers site

Good to hear that Eddie Union is alive as he left the group in 1965

(44 years ago) Nearly before I was born! And was on that Chex label 45 I mentioned.

Elijah Davies is also mentioned, looks like he was with the group 2 years or a bit longer. Nice that these people are still around Are they still performing?

Chris

:shades:

Guest Soultown andy

Thanks for that guys I Googled the names and got Dave Rimmers site

Good to hear that Eddie Union is alive as he left the group in 1965

(44 years ago) Nearly before I was born! And was on that Chex label 45 I mentioned.

Elijah Davies is also mentioned, looks like he was with the group 2 years or a bit longer. Nice that these people are still around Are they still performing?

You know what i know now,so you will have to ask em.Whigh blues and soul no,s you lookin for got a lot of doubles.

Chris

biggrin.gif

SOULTOWN ALLDAYER QUEEN VIC FRI 11 30AM TILL 11PM

11 30 TILL 1 TBC

1 TILL 2 SUE CLAXTON/DOLLY

2 TILL 3 JOHN BAXTER/MICK HOWARD

3 TILL 4 GED PARKER/IAN CUNLIFFE

4 TILL 5 PETE HULATT/COLIN WOODS

5 TILL 6 NEIL JONES/PETE FRENCH

6 TILL 7 TERRY GEE/CHRIS MORGAN

7 TILL 8 DAVE RIVERS/DES PARKER

8 TILL 9 JOHN WESTON/NICK HACKETT

9 TILL 10 CARL FORTNUM

10 TILL 11 SOUL SAM

what a great way to start the weekend,looking forward to spinning a few tunes in the queen vic,quality music throughout the day,see everybody there thumbsup.gif

Mick

Edited by micksmix
Guest Bearsoul

Thanks for that Andy, just nobody had replied to the earlier posts on the subject, Is anyone selling old magazines by the way? I have some wants for Blues and Soul I'm trying to clear up.

See you Saturday

Chris

:)

what are you after ?? i've some doubles

Chris Morgan thumbsup.gif

Guest Ferrett

OH NO!! Just seen the timings for Queen Vic on Friday and Captain Morgan's spot clashes with our traditional visiting time to Captain Cod for the worlds greasiest chips!

What a dillema!! Which Captain shall we choose???????

FIND OUT TOMORROW!! :)

Just about packed and ready to roll. Cheapo meal and a pint in the pub over the road to whet the appettite in a few minutes and then we're on the road!! COME ON!!

Should be at Prestatyn for 4 ish.

See you all later thumbup.gif

Ferrett & Crystal Tipps

OH NO!! Just seen the timings for Queen Vic on Friday and Captain Morgan's spot clashes with our traditional visiting time to Captain Cod for the worlds greasiest chips!

FIND OUT TOMORROW!! :lol:

Just about packed and ready to roll. Cheapo meal and a pint in the pub over the road to whet the appettite in a few minutes and then we're on the road!! COME ON!!

See you all later thumbup.gif

Ferrett & Crystal Tipps

Johnny boy is collecting me about 1ish, so we should be on our way by 2 (He's always late :P ), so should be there about 4pm

Ready for a pint by then I would imagine :)

Guest Soulboychester

Lastminute.com if there is a spare "band" going for grabs - please give me a shout 07525 062423 or IM

Nigel

KEEP ON KEEPIN ON :thumbup:

STILL AFTER BAND IF ANY SPARES GOING?

Guest gfarrington

FIND OUT TOMORROW!! :lol:

See you all later :thumbup:

Ferrett & Crystal Tipps

i must get these glasses changed for a moment i thought you said worlds greatest chips,was going to reply either this was tonge firmly in cheek or your not to fussy when it comes to chips

Guest Tim aka Bob

Confirmed..... I have a mate who has a wristband available......at this late stage.....he's open to offers..... :yes:

thumbsup.gifPM me for the detail....

2 passes wanted..............................

for Friday only...............

Tracey n Andy

LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS live at the Palais All Dayer...............

Tickets will be available at Pressy............ hopefully from ourselves Friday and Saturday morning and via DEL saturday evening onwards............... £15 each...

Guest Tim aka Bob

Just havin brekkie and will be on our way about 9 see y'all later folks

PH and Da' Sand

Yeh...... it's Prestatyn o'clock !!! & it's 'DRIFTERS A GO GO'

Guest BigPaul

Getting just a tad excited now :D

Setting off at 11, lets paaaaarty................. :):D:):lol::shades:

Hurry up ya Layabout :g:

Iv'e been ready since alf five wicked.gif:g::D:yes::lol:

Guest BigPaul

I'm ready!!!!.

Just shoving a pair of undies in an Aldi bag...........then its all systems GO!!!.

(I apologise for my behaviour in advance,and take no responsibility after 8.00pm tonight.)[/quote

Thats all iv'e got on :thumbsup:

Thats why iv'e been ready since alf five :ohmy:

Edited by BigPaul

Source Advert