Northernsoul Quotes

ImberBoy

" oh yes i love this tune gotta dance" away onto the dance floor you go and straight back off you come "not what i thought it was"

chris ph34r.gif

:g:laugh.gif:hypo: god l think we've all done that, but if you don't want to look like a prize pratt you dance to the record and make like you know it :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 97
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

One l've heard a few times when some are asked if they "got any Gear", yes l got a clean T-Shirt, jeans etc in my bag laugh.gif

l once asked a guy who l know very well" have you got owt??" his reply "yes to-day, how did you know?????".

At certain venues it has been heard to be said " we were having a great time until we came in here"

Over the years the amount of people who have denied having taken any gear ever is staggering......all l can say is there must of been a pandemic of Marty Fellman syndrome on the soul scene back then. :thumbsup:

" do you know ....!!! from .....!!!"

"what's he look like"

"Big, bald, you know him dont you?"

" well let me think :g:g.gif:hypo: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEErrrrrrrrr NO."," they are all big and bald"

D.J. Speciality

" Have you got ..........?"

"What a great record, yes l have"

(getting all excited)

"Will you play please"

"l have'nt got it with me"

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

The most ever paid for a Northern Soul record is £15,000 by a Scottish DJ/collector.... a record called ...............(well you'll know the rest) :thumbsup::D

Brian :D

Social source share

Come on! We can blag it in, I aint buying a full weekend ticket!

I'm sure we shouldn't be going over the Humber bridge on the way to fookin Cleethorpes!

We'll be fine, I know the lads on the door we are sure to get in

Its due for its MOT soon but it has never let me down yet besides Keele aint that far

Do you have that record? I'm not sure of the title or the artist but its like fast at the start with some well wicket horns, you know its massive.... Goes like this....... Doooo dooooby doooooo come on mate you must know it

The DJ hasn't got a fookin clue about records

I aint going any where near the RnB room

I aint going any where near the Modern room

I aint going any where near the Oldies room

RnB, I just don't get it

Modern, I just don't get it

Oldies again, I just don't get it

A'right Colin, how are you then? All right?

- Yeah, eh, yeah, nice to see you. What, er, how's, how's Robin? All right then?

- Yeah, that's nice. Yeah, well, take care.

- Yeah, give my love to the family.

- O.K.! See you!

Cnut.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

big in the north west thumbsup.gif

it's parkers round :no:

l'll give you the petrol money later.....yeh right :rolleyes:

l'll have to owe you it :wicked:

give me the record now and l'll send you the money :lol::g:

l don't do it for the money :D

there's only two known copies........butch,andy d...and kitch :D

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

how many times you heard this.....punter says to dj "have you got so and so"...dj replies "sorry mate left it at home"....you can just imagine him taking that one record out and leaving it on his draining board laugh.gif .....what he mean't was "l ain't got it" :rolleyes::wicked:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

why we goin 10mph in the outside lane ? cause were goin home !!!!!!!!!!!! good gear!!!!!!

are they xmas trees in front of us (on the moterway home) no they're rear car lights

Social source share

Yeah and the classic that goes with that 'why are f*cking caravans overtaking us' biggrin.gif

" All this technology , and you've got no fekkin' middles ? "

Malc Burton

Social source share

As I was driving in the vacinity of St Ives to go to the Ivo center, the missus is doing her makeup in the sunscreen mirror. Then she takes out her hairspray and says "close your eyes Paul"...

Fekkin Priceless! What do these women think about??? :shades::lol:

Social source share

As I was driving in the vacinity of St Ives to go to the Ivo center, the missus is doing her makeup in the sunscreen mirror. Then she takes out her hairspray and says "close your eyes Paul"...

Fekkin Priceless! What do these women think about??? :no::yes:

Yes Paul she is .......priceless :lol: , thats why you love her :D

Social source share

got to get this down ,a few years ago at the butlins w/ender we took a mate who wasnt into the soul but found it that w/end and I was fed up with him coming off the dancefloor and askin what the record was called an by whom ,on the sunday afternoon he was buggin me to tell him wot a certain record was so he could go an ask the dj to play it . this is the conversation and what happened.

bri come on you know it was an instrumental played it last nite summat tomatoes and I remember and tell him an he writes down

tinned tomatoes by cirio

goes to the dj ian gee asks him an shoves note in his hand

mate looks perplexed as he comes back ,am tryin to keep a straight face

and this is what he says

come to a northern w/end everybodies really friendly

still dont know what ians reply was but think it ended in off

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!