Blue Skies - Friday 20th February

Rbman

DimWit Promotions first soul night of the year is special because we can help celebrate Pete Bennett's (Wit) birthday. I ( Liz's idea actually) wanted to get Neil Jones down to be a guest DJ but unfortunately he is booked elsewhere (Wales I think)...Neil told me he would have very happily travelled all the way down south if it had been on Thursday 19th, which is actually Pete's birthday, just to see his face when he walked in the pub. Thanks anyway Neil.

No Neil then, but we do have our good friends Dave Abbott and Andy Kempster who have agreed to guest DJ for us.

So not a too shabby DJ lineup then.... Toby "the best tunes come from Detroit", Steve 60s Guarnori, Chrissie "the Queen of Mamsy Pamsy", Dave Abbott and Andy Kempster....and I may even get to spin a few rhythm and soul goodies.

We start at 6pm and go on 'til the landlord kicks us out......

Venue: The Horseshoe Inn, 26 Melior Street, London SE1 3QP

Door tax: Free

Edited by Rbman
  • Replies 86
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

DimWit Promotions first soul night of the year is special because we can help celebrate Pete Bennett's (Dim) birthday. I ( Liz's idea actually) wanted to get Neil Jones down to be a guest DJ but unfortunately he is booked elsewhere (Wales I think)...Neil told me he would have very happily travelled all the way down south if it had been on Thursday 19th, which is actually Pete's birthday, just to see his face when he walked in the pub. Thanks anyway Neil.

No Neil then, but we do have our good friends Dave Abbott and Andy Kempster who have agreed to guest DJ for us.

So not a too shabby DJ lineup then.... Toby "the best tunes come from Detroit", Steve 60s Guarnori, Chrissie "the Queen of Mamsy Pamsy", Dave Abbott and Andy Kempster....and I may even get to spin a few rhythm and soul goodies.

We start at 6pm and go on 'til the landlord kicks us out......

Venue: The Horseshoe Inn, 26 Melior Street, London SE1 3QP

Door tax: Free

Decided to go for the more up front in your face girlie tunes this time :ohmy:

But I am sure I wont dissapoint, well apart from Mr Greenhill that is :lol:

QoFxx

Hello all,

we both hope to get down later in the year again, and hope you all have a good night.

Cheers

Dave and Sue (North East Soulies)

Would be great to see you both again, early September may be a good bet, that's if everything goes to plan :lol: night before 100 club as well.

QoFxx

i intend to be there for the start...i will be leaving next Tuesday

:thumbsup: ......still no satnav then Dave!!!!

You gonig to bring your Voices Inc?....

i hear that Stuart Tyler will be in London on Friday and Martin Thomson is coming so it might be a good old get together ...SITC reunion...

Wild horses couldn't keep me away from Pete's birthday, what with us both having so much in common, like the fact that we both support a football team from Merseyside (just not the same one) :unsure: Can we talk footy all night Pete please :Dbiggrin.gif:D

Taff

And hopefully we will have more rugby victories to celebrate :thumbsup:

QoFxx

For those of you who like to know such things this looks like the DJ timings.....

6.00pm to 7.00pm Motown and club soul office hour Dave Abbott & Martin

7.00pm to 7.45pm Girls just want to have fun Chrissie

7.45pm to 8.30pm Groovesville time Andy Kempster

8.30pm to 9.15pm Detroit dusties Toby

9.15pm to 10.00pm You want it I got it Steve Guarnori

10.00pm to 10.15pm The Yum yums Liz's cake selection

10.15pm to 11.15pm Monk's habit Dave Abbott

11.15pm to Close Arbee time Martin Ainscough

Guest Pete Bennett

Wild horses couldn't keep me away from Pete's birthday, what with us both having so much in common, like the fact that we both support a football team from Merseyside (just not the same one) :D Can we talk footy all night Pete please :lol::lol:biggrin.gif

Taff

As it is partly to celebrate my birthday we can talk about the premier league but no talking about the FA Cup. :( If we can find any Chelski fans that would be brilliant. They all seem to be disappearing again. :lol:

OK, OK, I know I am not going to stop you so please can you get it over with quickly. Thought I may have got away with it when you weren't at Boogaloo last week.

See ya Friday. :(

Sorry Mr B - I'll be freezing me nuts off watching norflunnon's finest (well, second finest) out in the Ukraine.

I'm sure you'll have a good one - just remember the rule - no cake on the dance floor.

:P ......still no satnav then Dave!!!!

i hear that Stuart Tyler will be in London on Friday and Martin Thomson is coming so it might be a good old get together ...SITC reunion...

Seems like we could have a good crowd.........................hope its going to be a big cake :wave::D:D

QoFxx

Guest Pete Bennett

Sorry Mr B - I'll be freezing me nuts off watching norflunnon's finest (well, second finest) out in the Ukraine.

I'm sure you'll have a good one - just remember the rule - no cake on the dance floor.

No problem Steve. Hope you win. See you soon.

Hmm cake on the dance floor :lol:

Yeah, who does he think we are, cake on the dancefloor indeed ohmy.gif

..........................well there wouldn't be any crumbs cos we is all gettin really good at dancin and eating cake at the same time now laugh.gif:ohmy:

QoFxx

On the subject of food, i am in a dilema, cant decide whether to give the "marmite" record a spin or not unsure.gif

QoFxx

On the subject of food, i am in a dilema, cant decide whether to give the "marmite" record a spin or not :thumbsup:

QoFxx

I'm sure you'll being spinning the odd 'Gem' or two Chrissie, and as it's Friday, don't forget Friday Brown.

Looking forward to a couple of cold beers next week (that should just about cover post and packing :D ).

Jon

Edited by ShorterSoul

No problem Steve. Hope you win. See you soon.

Hmm cake on the dance floor :thumbsup:

Pete, Karen and I will have to make it up to another time as we are away for that night. I feel really bad to be letting you down in your hour of need. No present could make up for the loss and hurt we've caused so we've decided not to buy you one (out of respect to your good self). Anyway, the bus pass will come in handy and save you money for the trip home. Cheers Warren

Guest Pete Bennett

Pete, Karen and I will have to make it up to another time as we are away for that night. I feel really bad to be letting you down in your hour of need. No present could make up for the loss and hurt we've caused so we've decided not to buy you one (out of respect to your good self). Anyway, the bus pass will come in handy and save you money for the trip home. Cheers Warren

biggrin.gif:lol::lol: I know its awful!! I have qualified for SAGA stuff for four years now :thumbsup:

Thanks for letting me know Warren. Have a safe trip. Love to Karen

I'm sure you'll being spinning the odd 'Gem' or two Chrissie, and as it's Friday, don't forget Friday Brown.

Looking forward to a couple of cold beers next week (that should just about cover post and packing :thumbsup: ).

Jon

Might....................errrrrrrrrrrrrrr might not :lol: , don't think I've played Friday Brown at Blue Skies for a while so you may be OK but it will cost you a couple of cold beers.............that's my debts cleared laugh.gif

QoFxx

As it is partly to celebrate my birthday we can talk about the premier league but no talking about the FA Cup. sad.gif

OK, OK, I know I am not going to stop you so please can you get it over with quickly. Thought I may have got away with it when you weren't at Boogaloo last week.

See ya Friday. :thumbup:

Pete, we can now defo keep conversation to the FA Cup with more than a hint of rugby, no special rights for you unfortunately as it's my birthday as well thumbsup.gif

Taff

Pete, we can now defo keep conversation to the FA Cup with more than a hint of rugby, no special rights for you unfortunately as it's my birthday as well thumbsup.gif

Taff

hint - Rugby - hint

just a hint of wink.gif

Enough of that, back on topic. I am having a right quandry what records to bring this Friday, keep changing my mind as to what kind of mood I am in :thumbup: .

QoFxx

Guest Pete Bennett

Taff

OK> I don't really mind as long as you toffee men go on and beat the Mancs somewhere along the way. :thumbup:

And even better, more cake!!! biggrin.gif

Guest Andy Kempster

OK> I don't really mind as long as you toffee men go on and beat the Mancs somewhere along the way. :thumbsup:

And even better, more cake!!! :ohmy:

been buffing up my little archie for you pete :thumbup:

laugh.gif ......still no satnav then Dave!!!!

Whahooo biggrin.gif i havent seen Stuart since he got deported or Martin since...probably that time i got very, very drunk round a party at his house....

Martin, i am borrowing a satnav for the day :D

Yes, i will bring the Voices Inc - both of them smile.gif

Hi All,

Hope all my London mates are well and missing me whistling.gif

To complete the SITC line up I hope to be in the "Smoke" on Friday and be down at Pete's BIG 60 whistling.gif

Ps.....I might have to raise a few £'s for beer money.....so I'll be doing a song and dance routine outside the Horse Shoe! Dig deep chaps!!!! shades.gif

Ps.....I'm not going to mention the Rugby....I wouldn't be so uncharitable :D

Mac

Hope all my London mates are well and missing me :unsure:

To complete the SITC line up I hope to be in the "Smoke" on Friday and be down at Pete's BIG 60 :lol:

Ps.....I might have to raise a few £'s for beer money.....so I'll be doing a song and dance routine outside the Horse Shoe! Dig deep chaps!!!! :lol:

Ps.....I'm not going to mention the Rugby....I wouldn't be so uncharitable :lol:

Mac

Never the same without you Mac.....but money for dancing!!!!....I'll buy you a drink if you don't dance biggrin.gif ...Oh any any mention of the rugby and you're out :lol:

Whahooo :lol: i havent seen Stuart since he got deported or Martin since...probably that time i got very, very drunk round a party at his house....

Martin, i am borrowing a satnav for the day :lol:

Yes, i will bring the Voices Inc - both of them :lol:

I remember that party...how did you get home?

See you for lunch in Bermondsey then an afternnoon of wet glass inspection at the rehydration seminar!!!.. double decking for the first hour should be a hoot :unsure: .

If you bring your Voices Inc I'll show you my Sandra Stephens!!!! :lol:

Guest Pete Bennett

I remember that party...how did you get home?

See you for lunch in Bermondsey then an afternnoon of wet glass inspection at the rehydration seminar!!!.. double decking for the first hour should be a hoot :unsure: .

If you bring your Voices Inc I'll show you my Sandra Stephens!!!! :lol:

Where will the lunchtime imbibing be taking place? I will be able to join you by 1.30 at the latest.

We could always try a pub crawl. Start at the Barrow Boy and Banker, take in an Indian, then proceed by all pubs on Borough High St (5 or 6) until the left turn where we can take in the next 3 which we pass on our way to HS. 3 bookies on the route as well.

Guest Pete Bennett

Hi All,

Hope all my London mates are well and missing me :unsure:

To complete the SITC line up I hope to be in the "Smoke" on Friday and be down at Pete's BIG 60 :lol:

Ps.....I might have to raise a few £'s for beer money.....so I'll be doing a song and dance routine outside the Horse Shoe! Dig deep chaps!!!! :lol:

Ps.....I'm not going to mention the Rugby....I wouldn't be so uncharitable :lol:

Mac

Brilliant will be great to se you again.

A suggestion.........Stick to giving dancing lessons. I have always found the money isn't as good but the rewards are far better. :lol:

I drove past the Old Blue Last yesterday. Brought back plenty of memories. tongue.gif

Guest Pete Bennett

Sorry we won't be there Pete....am sending you virtual Birthday hugs xxxxxx

Have a great night xxx

Helen

XXXX

Hi Helen, sorry to hear that :lol:

Thanks for the visrtuals, I will save them until I can collect the real thing :unsure:

xxx

Source Advert