Is Anyone Actually Moderating This Section?

Pete S

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Why Pete, what's up?

Lenny

Too many repostings and too much splitting up into individual ads that could come under the one ad.

This pushes those sellers who are sticking to the rules down the page at a much faster rate and once you're on P2 the chances of selling seem to diminish rapidly.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Why Pete, what's up?

Lenny

We're told to stick to a system where we put up one list of records, not separate ones for every item we have. We all stick to it yet one or two people recently have been posting up 6, 7 posts a day with separate items on. This keeps them at the top of the list and knocks everyone else down. Me, one sales post with 60 items on it. I topped the list for 2 minutes. What if I was to post 60 separate ones and keep knocking everyone else's posts down the list?

Social source share

Too many repostings and too much splitting up into individual ads that could come under the one ad.

This pushes those sellers who are sticking to the rules down the page at a much faster rate and once you're on P2 the chances of selling seem to diminish rapidly.

ROD

You mean Randy laugh.gif he's in the wrong section anyway with ebay shop,bloomin' cheek :thumbup:

Social source share

moderating for sales forums are at the moment currently being covered by all mods

however do need to be aware if there are any concerns

the report post feature is the best way of doing this

it has been improved since the upgrade

members wont see it

but it now flags up on every page to all mods if there are any new "reported posts"

after the changes do need to push it out that this is the best method if any concerns

which will do soon

on this issue, will look at it now, will post once done so

thanks for passing on

mike

Social source share

Guest smigger

Have noticed lately repeated sales posts coming through my email, get's a bit annoying at times

Same here. Getting a bit sick and tired of seeing the same overpriced and/or crap tunes being offered over and over again.

Social source share

moderating for sales forums are at the moment currently being covered by all mods

however do need to be aware if there are any concerns

the report post feature is the best way of doing this

it has been improved since the upgrade

members wont see it

but it now flags up on every page to all mods if there are any new "reported posts"

after the changes do need to push it out that this is the best method if any concerns

which will do soon

on this issue, will look at it now, will post once done so

thanks for passing on

mike

I posted a double once,because it was that slow to edit i pressed it again and got 2 off them
Social source share

I double posted the other day too by accident, because it was slow to upload. I asked Mike to take the second one off as soon as I knew.

Mark.

Accidents are accidents ,i don't think this is what Pete and other's are referring to.

As already been said ,people abusing the rules by posting single item's on same day ,that should be in same post.

I think it was established when we had the blatant bumping of sales ,that we would try to work at improving the system so it was fair all round.

As usual though some people disregard the rules and spoil things .

I honestly thought the exception to the rule was ,if you have a biggie that is gonna generate a lot of interest and is maybe up for bids ,then list it seperatley,otherwise put a list up.

If you wanna make em stand out ,use bold/higher case ...spaces between records etc etc....

Hey up ..do i sound like a mod laugh.gifor wot

Social source share

Pete's right, if you read SS like I do all there ever seems to be in New Content are sales posts. Is there a way of filtering which sections appear in New Content. That way I can take sales out, and when I've got some money can go directly to the sales section. I know it can be done because the Freebasing area has sections that don't appear, but is it a Mod only function or can anyone do it ?

Social source share

In the same way as you can enable / disable signature by checking a box.

Wonder if it's possible to have a Small Indication (Enable/Disable) within a members signature to flag up something in sales or want's.

(Linked to either section by clicking on an Icon or something)

A bit like if you click on Vinyl.gif Within My Signature it takes you there.

That way every post would advertise such anywhere on the forum.

Could even be a couple of flags under Avatar.

Member currently has something in SALES or WANTS (Possibly Indicating Date Enabled).

Just an Idea Mike, not sure if possible.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Simple way to remedy this is just to allow one listing per day (Within a 24 hr period) then you would be forced to list either just a few tasty bits or a large list your choice. Problem solved, should be easy to implement.

Social source share

i'd make it once a week

i agree totally... 48 hours before you can list again ? best of it sellers are puttin on mostly crap, ok some good stuff as well but not much and what there is will be at stupid top dollar prices where 90% of sellers are not even getting replies take a look a t b yes.gif

Social source share

some good suggestions

though sites not really in a place where can action them at current moment

some thoughts

dave

yep it be ideal if each member could choose preferences over what shows in the "new content"

but thats not available at current moment

however if amount of sales posts showing is a concern then can have a look at dropping such

limiting posts to one a day ?

dont wanna do this or similar via a "enforced" coding thing

as it cuts down flexability and also would effect upgrading

ideally every member would read the guidelines for this section and do as they say

which seems to be the stumbling block for new members

anyway , as said can't really do a lot now

so will re-visit this matter in the week

will just highlight the "report post" feature

if feel someone is taking the p*ss just hit that button and let us know

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!