Marvin Gaye - This Love Starved Heart Of Mine / Desperate Situation (Motown Pic Sleeve)

• Replies 16
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Marvin Gaye was at Chris King's 40th birthday nighter at Bretby ? wow that's some guest yes.gif

I was there that night - and have no recollation of anything except a marquee type affair attached onto the venue... lord only knows where the record ended up as I don't have it now :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Marvin Gaye was at Chris King's 40th birthday nighter at Bretby ? wow that's some guest yes.gif

Yes, particularly as Marvin had been dead for some years by then...:thumbsup:

Social source share

The Guests on that night as i recall were Edwin Starr, and motown legendary writer I.J Hunter.Also remember the Marquee.Marvin was prob there in spirit looking down on us collecting our comp 45 of his masterpiece,although i once heard he hated the track

Social source share

The Guests on that night as i recall were Edwin Starr, and motown legendary writer I.J Hunter.Also remember the Marquee.Marvin was prob there in spirit looking down on us collecting our comp 45 of his masterpiece,although i once heard he hated the track

I was there that night too. It was my first ever all nighter up north (well up north for me :( ). Wasn't Tommy Hunt there too? I got very pissed on Caffreys but had a cracking time. I ended up swapping my wife's 45 for a Goldmine CD :yes: as I hadn't see the full range before. I had given up listening to northern soul for 10 years before that but it got me going again.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert