Soul Or Nothing - This Saturday (8/10)

Guest ShaneH

Guest ShaneH

Hiya, yes it is whistling.gif I don't usually post on here, being brave ha ha :P I'm gonna come down tomorrow with a few friends, can't wait. I'll PM you :lol:

katie, wednesdayites are always welcome :lol:

we will have to be introduced cos us owls have to stick together on here :thumbsup::P

See ya tomorrow

Shane

• Replies 108
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

katie, wednesdayites are always welcome :lol:

we will have to be introduced cos us owls have to stick together on here whistling.gif:P

See ya tomorrow

Shane

That's right Katie. There's Shane, Kev Roberts, Mark Etheridge. These three are always getting picked on :thumbsup:

Jamie :lol:

Guest ShaneH

Sheff wed?? Is this the same Kate that has a MCFC season ticket??? Mmmmmm

not everyone is perfect ya know reg! :lol:

Shane

Deservedly so in my opinion.

and you can shut it dutton :lol:

Shane

SEE Y'ALL TOMMORROW...(.SOME OF YOU IN THE AFTERNOON )....IT'S GONNA BE ANOTHER ACE NIGHT. REMEMBER ! ' FRIDAY NIGHT IS BATH NIGHT' BUT WHY NOT PUSH THE BOAT OUT AND WASH TOMMORROW TOO ! :lol:

THIS MONTH I WILL MOSTLY BE WEARING BRUT 45 AND A :lol:

' DON'T TAKE ANY WOODEN NICKELS ' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHRIS M.

SEE Y'ALL TOMMORROW...(.SOME OF YOU IN THE AFTERNOON )....IT'S GONNA BE ANOTHER ACE NIGHT. REMEMBER ! ' FRIDAY NIGHT IS BATH NIGHT' BUT WHY NOT PUSH THE BOAT OUT AND WASH TOMMORROW TOO ! :yes:

THIS MONTH I WILL MOSTLY BE WEARING BRUT 45 AND A :D

' DON'T TAKE ANY WOODEN NICKELS ' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHRIS M.

what still no beard or tache chris :thumbsup:

mark

Guest dundeedavie

what time will you gents be in the brunswick till .... i might be in manc early and it'll be easier to find than lloyd street by car .... leaving options open lolol

Davie

Hi Davie, imagine we might be in the Brunswick while 4pm, but have sent you a PM with my mobile, incase you can't make that time.

Brett

Quick reminder to all , we are meeting in the Brunswick pub at 3pm, just down the road from Piccadilly Station (about 400 yards, same side as station)

Edited by Brett

Hi Davie

You can leave the car at my place,its only ten min walk to Loyd Street from there..I can't make the Brunswick,i will have to sort things out for the evening and other shit..Will catch you lot for a pint before some place..If any out there need details for club/directions or owt else then call me.. 07752084878

Hi Davie

You can leave the car at my place,its only ten min walk to Loyd Street from there..I can't make the Brunswick,i will have to sort things out for the evening and other shit..Will catch you lot for a pint before some place..If any out there need details for club/directions or owt else then call me.. 07752084878

Setting off soon, see you all at Lloyd street later...... :thumbsup:

AFTERNOON

ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT LAST NIGHT, I'VE JUST SURFACED AND I'M STILL TRYING TO FOCUS BUT FROM WHAT I REMEMBER ....IT WAS 'MIGHTY FINE'.

GREAT SETS FROM EVERYONE. NICE TO MEET DUNDEE DAVIE ,CHEERS MATE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON.

APOLOGIES TO TONY J & PAUL H FROM THE GREATSONE FOR MY STUPID REQUESTS WHILE THEY WERE TRYING TO QUE UP SOME HOT VINYL (YOU NEVER DID PLAY 'HI-HO SILVER LINING').

KARL RHODES PLAYED A BLINDER AS DID PAUL SADOT, NOT FORGETTING ADAM.

SOMEONE DROPPED A PINT ON THE DANCE FLOOR BUT MR CATO SOON HAD IT CLEARED UP AND WITH A LIBERAL SPRINKLING OF TALC NORMAL SERVICE WAS QUICKLY RESUMED.

GREAT CROWD (AS USUAL) TOP TUNES AND A GREAT VIBE.

IT ENDED TOO SOON YET I WAS GLAD TO PUT MY FEET UP.

HARDLY STOPPED DANCING ALL NIGHT SUCH WAS THE QUALITY OF THE SOUNDS

A REAL TONIC AFTER THAT WOEFULL DISPLAY BY ENGLAND .

A FEW GUYS TURNED UP AFTER THE SHARON JONES CONCERT AT THE ROADHOUSE

IF YOU READ THIS ...HOW ABOUT A REVIEW? IT SOUNDED LIKE A STORMER.

'LOVE,PEACE & UNDERSTANDING'

CHRIS M :thumbsup:

An excellent event, great balance of rare soul, thoroughly enjoyed the whole day, but starting to get weary of waiting and catching trains at ungodly hours, probably need a break from travelling because it's getting in the way of the fun. Your a lucky bunch in the North West, plenty of quality events on your doorstep, now gonna look forward to Vault Of Soul Sheffield.......A tram ride away :thumbsup:

Brett

An excellent event, great balance of rare soul, thoroughly enjoyed the whole day, but starting to get weary of waiting and catching trains at ungodly hours, probably need a break from travelling because it's getting in the way of the fun. Your a lucky bunch in the North West, plenty of quality events on your doorstep, now gonna look forward to Vault Of Soul Sheffield.......A tram ride away wink.gif

Brett

Frankly, Franklin, you're a nut job. You could have come back with us to Leeds and had a lift home off Higgins, who would have dropped you at the doorstep.

Yet you insisted on standing on a cold platform at 7:21 this morning to wait for a train :thumbsup:

You're a legend mate, priceless :yes:

love ya mate :rolleyes:

Would also like to echo Brett's words, a really good mix of stuff, although being a disco bunny at heart I'd have liked to have had a bit more of the 70's stuff.

Nice to meet Davie :rolleyes: who endeared himself by playing some tasty 70's stuff & LP tracks, good arras son!

Could go on for pages about who was there last night, but had a good chat with nearly everyone in there last night and I left there with a big smile on my face. Had a cracking night and it's so nice to catch up with people with quality tunes as the backdrop.

Mr Cato & his gang should be applauded for putting the effort in on this event.

In life, you reap what you sow :thumbsup:

Jamie

Yet another top night at Soul or Nothing! :rolleyes:

This place just keeps getting better and better.

Yet again ALL DJ's did top spots .... Love watching those Greatstone boys behind the decks .... lifts my heart everytime!!

Great to meet Dundee Davie at last .... Pearl Woods .... record of the night for me fella!

Here's hoping you got home ok.

So well done to Steve for bringing us such a top venue, Jamie for his ability to stop people over reacting with nothing more than a hug, me for falling over .... and that tall lad for removing the dead girl. :thumbsup:

Edited by jumpinjoan
Guest dundeedavie

Yet another top night at Soul or Nothing! :rolleyes:

This place just keeps getting better and better.

Yet again ALL DJ's did top spots .... Love watching those Greatstone boys behind the decks .... lifts my heart everytime!!

Great to meet Dundee Davie at last .... Pearl Woods .... record of the night for me fella!

Here's hoping you got home ok.

So well done to Steve for bringing us such a top venue, Jamie for his ability to stop a fight with nothing more than a hug, me for falling over .... and that tall lad for removing the dead girl. :thumbsup:

was a pleasure joan ... and glad you liked the pearl woods ..

was a pleasure to meet chris , jamie , brett , shane , mike , tony , paul h and anyone i forgot

and of course thanks to steve for making me feel welcome

So well done to Steve for bringing us such a top venue, Jamie for his ability to stop a fight with nothing more than a hug, me for falling over .... and that tall lad for removing the dead girl. :rolleyes:

Oh Joan you didn't - I thought it was Tony who was a bit wobbly on his feet not you :thumbsup:

great night again thoroughly enjoyed myself nice to see some more new faces, the orwell boys steve plumb, baz maleedy, ste connor, and flanny.nice to see pat brady also.

well done stevie another great night :rolleyes:

good spots by paul sadot, not sure about carl rhodes spot did not do it for me, tony and pauls spots were good (i would say that though) :thumbsup: davie's was good some noice album tracks, shame adam left his records safely locked in his car boot. :yes:

reg have you got over your hangover yet, will play some 70's for you at the greatstone.

playlists everybody.

mark

Edited by mark.b

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Oct 9 2005, 10:08 PM) link

reg have you got over your hangover yet, will play some 70's for you at the greatstone.

mark

Had a good night..I think :rolleyes:

Just about got over the excess alcohol intake ..yesterday was a tough one :thumbsup: especially with Richard shaking his head at me at every opportunity :angry: Never again, I'll be driving to the Greatstone next week..can't miss Soul Sam and your good self :yes:

Davie, what was that version of Stormy, I sent Brett up to check but he couldn't see...??

mark

Had a good night..I think

Just about got over the excess alcohol intake ..yesterday was a tough one :( especially with Richard shaking his head at me at every opportunity :angry: Never again, I'll be driving to the Greatstone next week..can't miss Soul Sam and your good self

Davie, what was that version of Stormy, I sent Brett up to check but he couldn't see...??

I know how you feel Reg, my Sundays always get shorter, after a night at Soul Or Nothing :shades: I must have kissed everyone within reach, on my way out, even the bouncers were n't safe, really will have to lay off the Guinness, at least until Sat. :ohmy:

First chance i 've had of getting on-line, just had to say what a cracking night again on Saturday. I know its been said before, but this place really does get better and better every month.Loads of really nice people to talk to, loads of good music.

Nice to meet Davie for the first time, a much braver man than me, he played L.P. tracks in pitch darkness without headphone's or lighting whistling.gif , it was hard enough cueing 45's, anyway respect.

Thanks for the kind words Joan :thumbsup:

In all modesty i think without exception all the DJ's played really good varied spots, with something for everyone, so well done Davie, Karl, Paul S,my partner in crime Paul H and of course the Right Reverend himself, Stevie Cato. Adam !!! what are you like :P .

Hope to see a good number of you Saturday, when we can do it all over again :ohmy: ....Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

In all modesty i think without exception all the DJ's played really good varied spots, with something for everyone, so well done Davie, Karl, Paul S and Paul H and of course the Right Reverend himself, Stevie Cato. Adam !!! what are you like :ohmy: .

Hope to see a good number of you Saturday, when we can do it all over again :thumbsup: ....Tony

Great night on Saturday chaps!!!!!!!!!!!

The Orwell boys were out in force and we had a storming night :ohmy:

(We'd been on a Soulful Stag do and early on we saw Sharon Jones at The Roadhouse - Wow! What a gig this was! Tight tight band and a fabulous vocalist who gave a 100% entertaining performance. Best part was the encore of 'There was a time'.......fabulous!)

Apologies to anyone who was unfortunate enough to have me slurring in their ears, it was a stag do after all :shades:

Looking forward to seeing some playlists, then i can see what i danced too whistling.gif

Seriously though, it was a quality night with quality music and we all had a ball!

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Great night on Saturday chaps!!!!!!!!!!!

The Orwell boys were out in force and we had a storming night :shades:

(We'd been on a Soulful Stag do and early on we saw Sharon Jones at The Roadhouse - Wow! What a gig this was! Tight tight band and a fabulous vocalist who gave a 100% entertaining performance. Best part was the encore of 'There was a time'.......fabulous!)

Apologies to anyone who was unfortunate enough to have me slurring in their ears, it was a stag do after all :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing some playlists, then i can see what i danced too whistling.gif

Seriously though, it was a quality night with quality music and we all had a ball!

Cheers

Steve Plumb

It wasn't the slurring in my ears that bothered me, it was the tounge!

Seriously though echo what you say Stevie boy, Great night thanks to Steve Cato and all the crew for making us feel welcome. Now where's that Paracetamol...........................................

Afternoon everyone today i,ll be mainly writing in orange, (suits you sir) right saturday has got to go down as one of the best nights i have had out for at least a week. No seriously i have got to say a big thanks to stevie and the gang this is one of the best nights out on the progressive soul calender :thumbsup: and not a pirate in sight. Like minded friends coming together to appreciate all aspects of what we term as soul whistling.gif I personally thought every dj did exellant spots and kept the dance floor rammed nice to see the orwell crowd there, most of whom were on the dance floor, flanny and steve plumb knocking a few shapes out. And talk about passive people Jamie heavyweight hugging champion (only joking about the weight your just under tall) :ohmy: Brett you are a star always a pleasure to share you company and wisdom also enjoyed our afternoon fat chewing session about those 45s with yourself and the bergmaster set me up for the night.Big thanks to Mark for the lift,gutted Adam locked his records in his car i was really looking forward to his spot Dundee Dave made up for it with some great 70s not bad for an RnB man,thanks for the torch dave.Nice to meet Karl top spot and Paul sadot always delivers the goods.And after the waffle heres my playlist from the night first spot and also my second with my other half Tony.

Not in any particular order

Magic tones- great day-ram brock

Larry davis and the marvels-the magic is gone-decca

The relations-say you love me-zells

The trends-no one there-abc

Custers last band-i couldn,t live a day without your love-golden chariot

Detroit and the intruders-there she goes-dellwood

Ascots-another day-mir-a-don

Googie rene-there was i-class

Sandra stevens-if you really love me-daran

107th street stickball team-on old broadway-dorado

Johnny burton-come on , dance with me-broadway

Delrays inc-my heart is not a toy-american

Freddy and the sounds of soul-youre the beat of my heart-pearltone

The twilights-you,re the one-aqua

Ellie greenwich-baby-red bird

Imaginations-strange neighbourhood-fraternity

Inspirations-your wish is my command-midas

The cashmeres-showstopper-hem

The rays-love another girl-amy

Wendell watts-you girl-reforee

Bonny herman-hush don,t cry-columbia

Ascots-anytime-mir-a-don

Papa bear and the cubs-youre so fine-sms

Disciples of soul-thats the way love goes-phantom

Gwen richards-thats my baby-cb

Jimmy wallace-i,ll be back-alpha

hope everyone enjoyed the night as much as me thanks paul. :shades:

Edited by P5OULH

It's playlists like this that makes sharing a train at 8.12 am with "foul and heinous rambling freaks", disobidient middle class children and Hungarian nuns.......all worth while.

Brett

Afternoon everyone today i,ll be mainly writing in orange, (suits you sir) right saturday has got to go down as one of the best nights i have had out for at least a week. No seriously i have got to say a big thanks to stevie and the gang this is one of the best nights out on the progressive soul calender :thumbsup: and not a pirate in sight. Like minded friends coming together to appreciate all aspects of what we term as soul whistling.gif I personally thought every dj did exellant spots and kept the dance floor rammed nice to see the orwell crowd there, most of whom were on the dance floor, flanny and steve plumb knocking a few shapes out. And talk about passive people Jamie heavyweight hugging champion (only joking about the weight your just under tall) :ohmy: Brett you are a star always a pleasure to share you company and wisdom also enjoyed our afternoon fat chewing session about those 45s with yourself and the bergmaster set me up for the night.Big thanks to Mark for the lift,gutted Adam locked his records in his car i was really looking forward to his spot Dundee Dave made up for it with some great 70s not bad for an RnB man,thanks for the torch dave.Nice to meet Karl top spot and Paul sadot always delivers the goods.And after the waffle heres my playlist from the night first spot and also my second with my other half Tony.

Not in any particular order

Magic tones- great day-ram brock

Larry davis and the marvels-the magic is gone-decca

The relations-say you love me-zells

The trends-no one there-abc

Custers last band-i couldn,t live a day without your love-golden chariot

Detroit and the intruders-there she goes-dellwood

Ascots-another day-mir-a-don

Googie rene-there was i-class

Sandra stevens-if you really love me-daran

107th street stickball team-on old broadway-dorado

Johnny burton-come on , dance with me-broadway

Delrays inc-my heart is not a toy-american

Freddy and the sounds of soul-youre the beat of my heart-pearltone

The twilights-you,re the one-aqua

Ellie greenwich-baby-red bird

Imaginations-strange neighbourhood-fraternity

Inspirations-your wish is my command-midas

The cashmeres-showstopper-hem

The rays-love another girl-amy

Wendell watts-you girl-reforee

Bonny herman-hush don,t cry-columbia

Ascots-anytime-mir-a-don

Papa bear and the cubs-youre so fine-sms

Disciples of soul-thats the way love goes-phantom

Gwen richards-thats my baby-cb

Jimmy wallace-i,ll be back-alpha

hope everyone enjoyed the night as much as me thanks paul. :shades:

Hey Up Mucker,

You found the colour font button then :ohmy: ....."Custers Last Band" what a corkin name for a group....try and post my list up later....Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson

It's playlists like this that makes sharing a train at 8.12 am with "foul and heinous rambling freaks", disobidient middle class children and Hungarian nuns.......all worth while.

Brett

Hey Brett....Just spotted your post thumbsup.gif

Home in one piece, philosophical and articulate as usual, unlike like Saturday night!! :shades: . Only joking, as always, good company,and so funny, cracked me up a couple of times there mate.....the offer still stands, by the way.. :thumbsup: .....Tony & Janet

I know how you feel Reg, my Sundays always get shorter, after a night at Soul Or Nothing :ohmy: I must have kissed everyone within reach, on my way out, even the bouncers were n't safe, really will have to lay off the Guinness, at least until Sat. thumbsup.gif

First chance i 've had of getting on-line, just had to say what a cracking night again on Saturday. I know its been said before, but this place really does get better and better every month.Loads of really nice people to talk to, loads of good music.

Nice to meet Davie for the first time, a much braver man than me, he played L.P. tracks in pitch darkness without headphone's or lighting :thumbsup: , it was hard enough cueing 45's, anyway respect.

Thanks for the kind words Joan :shades:

In all modesty i think without exception all the DJ's played really good varied spots, with something for everyone, so well done Davie, Karl, Paul S,my partner in crime Paul H and of course the Right Reverend himself, Stevie Cato. Adam !!! what are you like :ohmy: .

Hope to see a good number of you Saturday, when we can do it all over again :P ....Tony

Sorry logged in on Reg's log in

Richard Bergman

Edited by Reg
Guest Richard Bergman

I echo all the sentiments here, a great night, some great diverse and imaginative sets played by all dj's thumbsup.gif

A great atmosphere throughout the night, I like the fact that peeps attendin are having their own seating areas and preferences such as :

Greatstone & entourage - near the bar

(obviously)

Reg -

(the door, until she needs a pee and has to put her hand up and ask taskmaster Cato )

Jamie & Shane - Halfway between bar and main door (thus having the benefit of knowing a pint is only 20 yards away and ample views at young ladies coming down the stairs)

Brett - Anyone who'll have him :thumbsup: (only joking)

Next moths line up has now been finalised , we were due to have Keith Money on but due to a promotion on the rigs he can no longer play , bit of a downer but hey!!

NOVEMBER LINE UP

GARETH X -

(GEORGE JACKSON LIVES & SOUL SOURCE ORACLE)

PAUL SADOT -

(NEW LIFELINE MEMBER & SOULTOWN, & THE SOUL SCENES OWN MEL GIBSON)

ADY LUPTON -

(CAPITOL SOUL CLUB , VA VA VOOM , 100 CLUB)

LISA HURLEY -

(100 CLUB , BROMLEY LABOUR CLUB !!!)

CHRISTIAN H -

(ON THE REAL SIDE SOUL CLUB & SWEDEN'S MOST WANTED)

MATT BOLTON -

(100 CLUB, MOVE ON UP & RENTOKILL XMAS PARTY 2002)

see ya all in November

Edited by Richard Bergman
Guest adam leaver

Yes - apologies to all for my complete lack of organisation. Was working during the day, then England match, then Sharon Jones - went back to my car to pick up my records only to find the car park locked at 11pm. I had some great new stuff to play as well.

Still - the DJs I did hear were fantastic. In particular, whoever played Frank Hutson on Goodie Train, which for me was one of the best 45s I've heard in a while

I played Frank Hutson at the Soul Or Nothing launch night Adam. Was it Paul Sadot this time? Great record, seems like it's about to have its five minutes in the sun at last. Look out also for the soul side of Chris Jones on Goodie Train: it's more of the same ghetto soul.

Guest dundeedavie

mark

Had a good night..I think thumbsup.gif

Just about got over the excess alcohol intake ..yesterday was a tough one :shades: especially with Richard shaking his head at me at every opportunity :angry: Never again, I'll be driving to the Greatstone next week..can't miss Soul Sam and your good self :thumbsup:

did you like it ?

Davie

did you like it ?

Davie

Hi there

Thanks again to all the djs for doing a great job again...Nice punters too..Good to see Baz M and Steve Plumb make the effort along with many others...The event in November could be the last at this venue with the place up for sale..Lets hope that soul or nothing can carry on here or at another venue...See you all in November,its gonna be a great event..Details above in post from Richard and on events guide..

Rev Kenny Lynch....

I echo all the sentiments here, a great night, some great diverse and imaginative sets played by all dj's :thumbsup:

A great atmosphere throughout the night, I like the fact that peeps attendin are having their own seating areas and preferences such as :

Greatstone & entourage - near the bar

(obviously)

Reg -

(the door, until she needs a pee and has to put her hand up and ask taskmaster Cato )

Jamie & Shane - Halfway between bar and main door (thus having the benefit of knowing a pint is only 20 yards away and ample views at young ladies coming down the stairs)

Brett - Anyone who'll have him :D (only joking)

Next moths line up has now been finalised , we were due to have Keith Money on but due to a promotion on the rigs he can no longer play , bit of a downer but hey!!

NOVEMBER LINE UP

GARETH X -

(GEORGE JACKSON LIVES & SOUL SOURCE ORACLE)

PAUL SADOT -

(NEW LIFELINE MEMBER & SOULTOWN, & THE SOUL SCENES OWN MEL GIBSON)

ADY LUPTON -

(CAPITOL SOUL CLUB , VA VA VOOM , 100 CLUB)

LISA HURLEY -

(100 CLUB , BROMLEY LABOUR CLUB !!!)

CHRISTIAN H -

(ON THE REAL SIDE SOUL CLUB & SWEDEN'S MOST WANTED)

MATT BOLTON -

(100 CLUB, MOVE ON UP & RENTOKILL XMAS PARTY 2002)

see ya all in November

Richard missed out Ged Parker and Dukester from the dj line-up...Yes real shame that Keith Money can't make it but i'm sure Christian will be a great special guest.

Guest dundeedavie

Sounded like Diana Ross speeded up? Are you gonna tell?

BTW Joe looks v.cute in the babygro and hat :thumbsup:

i've never tried speeding up diana ross ..... and no i'm not ( not even the same sex )

and just listened to diana ross ... nothing like it at all lolol ...had a drink been taken by then ???? :D:D

and i'm glad about babygro :D

Davie

Edited by dundeedavie

i've never tried speeding up diana ross ..... and no i'm not ( not even the same sex )

and just listened to diana ross ... nothing like it at all lolol ...had a drink been taken by then ???? :D:D

Davie

Davie

When you sent me the sound bite I was sure it was either Pinky or Perky :thumbsup::D:D

soulmac.

Guest dundeedavie

Davie

When you sent me the sound bite I was sure it was either Pinky or Perky :thumbsup::D:D

soulmac.

no one complained about it on saturday john :D ....

i'd be interested what people did think about it actually .... only second time i've played it out

Davie

I played Frank Hutson at the Soul Or Nothing launch night Adam. Was it Paul Sadot this time? Great record, seems like it's about to have its five minutes in the sun at last. Look out also for the soul side of Chris Jones on Goodie Train: it's more of the same ghetto soul.

Gareth

Had a listen to the sound bite on John Manship's for Chris Jones - "I'm The Man", bit too funk for my taste.Is this the side you play or is it "Destination Unknown".

Any chance of a sound bite for Frank Hutson and Chris Jones if it's "Destination Unknown" :thumbsup::D

soulmac.

Edited by soulmac

Source Advert