Recommended Record Of The Day, From Your Collection 2011

dthedrug

Gonna be a bit cheeky and post 2 this morning. Don't know anything about this group but the song originally came out on Paradox Records. It's currently getting some hammer in my record room. Fantastic lilting horn playing.

Regards,

Dave

Charlene and The Soul Seranaders "Love Changes"

big fav Dave, I've only got that demo, missed out on the issue of this

steve

Social source share

Another one just up loaded to youtube, Not previously on there. Instamental this time that got the floor bouncing at the Pier, The Miami Sound - Fight the Power - Glades LP only track

Social source share

Walter Jackson - If I had my way - Chisound. Just love this track not rare just good available on 45 LP or think it got a release on a CD to, just an awsome soul record and showss the tallant of the man, so underated,

Social source share

essential stuff Swifty! always wondered why it's called "When"??? I always thought the title should have been "Celebration" or something?

steve

Funny that Steve , 'cause on the youtube clip I think that's what they had put , so I listened carefully and agree a strange title

as 'When' has nothing to do with it as far as I can tell.

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

This morning's offering: Top class vocals from an underated group. Great label too! Midtempo magic with a tinge of Tijuana trumpet thrown in for good measure.

Regards,

Dave

The commands were GIs stationed in texas. By the time this last record came out, it was pretty much a different group. Only Dan Henderson was an original member. Most of the rest of the members were previously of the group the Justifiers on Kim.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just coming round after a cracking night at York Soul Club.One of the best night's of the year for me,some awesome tunes played by all dj's.Mr Massey was guest dj & he was in spakling form & nearly did me an injury by making me dance to 4 records on the trot..........something I don't think I've done since Wigan :D So here's one to sooth the aches & pains.

Gene Chandler And Barbara Acklin-Will I Find Love Brunswick

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi. Ive not posted for a week or so, so i had a think about something a little different, very cheep easy to get hold of but yet relatively unknown..... I think !!!!!!

Flip side as well, i just love the slow build up into the sooooooooo soulful, sooooo catchy hook.... J,H,T & D - You cant blame me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOpmkf72Syw

Edited by Soulfulshoes
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

This morning's offering: Great midtempo from a group that I think originally contained Tamala Lewis in the line up, (as The Pets). Discovered by Bill Lovett and produced by the NJ maestro Joe Evans. Real top notch quality, all of their outings.

Regards,

Dave

Dave

New to me but what a lovely girlie dancer :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Firstly if i`ve posted this before i must appologise, loseing it abit these days :) I know i meant too just can`t find it so guess i didn`t :g: Anyway played this along side the next one im going to post on Friday night and thought they sounded so good together. A little 60s girlie thing!!!!!!

Edited by Soulfulshoes
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

This morning's offering: Great midtempo from a group that I think originally contained Tamala Lewis in the line up, (as The Pets). Discovered by Bill Lovett and produced by the NJ maestro Joe Evans. Real top notch quality, all of their outings.

Regards,

Dave

Great midtempo Dave.Brings back memories when i wasn't going out,just armchairing.Got this from JM's in Newark,sold it cos i'm stupid.

Social source share