The Greatstone Soul Clubs New Years Eve Party

Steve debbie and callum have a great night-- steve you will be missed happy new year to you and yours--- i will be thinking of you when the overtones is played-----lol jo

Hi Jo and Barry ,thanks for the very kind words.I do feel strange with not being at the Greatstone for what promises to be a Brill night.Tony popped round to borrow a few tunes that I usually play....one for you in particular.........Dream my heart.......... :thumbsup: Looking forward to our chats face to face or the couple of hours a week on the 'phone :D:thumbsup: in the new year.Have a great evening and a Superb New Year.Steve ,Debbie ,Callum :(

• Replies 88
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys,

Hope you all have a brilliant time at "The Greatstone" tonight and I also will be there in spirit but not in body. Unfortunately I have been offshore since the 22nd December so no drink for me tonight but I will make up for it on the 5th of Jan when I go home. looking forward to seeing you all next year and maybe some of you at the 100 Club on the 14th Jan. Play Robert Tanner for me tonight and try to keep Mandy off the Cider !!

See you all in 2006

Keith Money

Hi Keith :( Will you not be having a little offshore party! :thumbsup: Have a great New Year and always enjoy your Plays and Company :D ATVB Stevie

Even though i can't be here tonight, i'd like to take this opportunity to thank the Greatstone collective for taking me under their wing and giving me a chance behind their hallowed decks. Special mentions to Paul H, you've been a true friend and a great inspiration to me(for Cleethorpes gotta mention the beautiful Donna for keeping me alive with glorious food) Tony and Janet, your wonderful hospitality was incredible, and also Mark Baildon for his great vinyl that he put onto CD's for me, Budgie for playing Loleatta Holloway...and lastly but not leastly the great Stevie Z for his patience with my endless questions and late night phone calls....Have a great New Year Greatstone.....i'll miss you.

Brett Franklin...

Hi Brett,I have really enjoyed our conversations,both when in your company and when on the'phone,over the past year :( The F.J.Jones track ,you play is one of the best crossover tunes ever,thanks for introducing it to me :thumbsup: What I also enjoy reading are your extremely passionate posts on Soul Source that always inject a perspective that enhances the thread :D Have A Great Night and I look forward to our next meeting.A Special Happy New Year to You and Family.Stevie

Been out all day, so I hope one of the organisers sees this in time. We must change our tickets from 4 to 2, as our friends Karen & Pete have been snowed in their village and the icy roads today are still too risky for driving :( .

They hope someone else can buy their tickets ???

m

ps. remembered today texting friends back home (they are 11 hours ahead, so I've already had a Happy New Year :D ) - that my Sydney soulie mate's Manchester wife was a regular at the Greatstone. She says that we'll see her twin sister at the Greatstone tonight. Small world eh!

Guest Neil Taylor

:D HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE,IF YOUR GOING OUT HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME AND IF YOUR STAYING IN PUT SOME TUNES ON,CRACK OPEN A FEW BOTTLES,ROLL BACK THE RUG AND PARTY ALL NIGHT.......NEIL. :(

47,000 views, Sweet Creeping Jesus, you'll have to open the upstairs, obviously the place to be on this New Years Eve for REAL SOUL FANS....

Hey fellow you missed one, and just one of the best nights you could ever have!!!! Why??? Tony, Paul and every body were fab!!!! What a night, had a table with, Chic, Jane, Arthur and Maria and many other fantastic peolpe, but you!!! Met Shanes luvly lady and Mate you have to pay this with blood!!!! Hehehe :thumbsup: Being cheeky. Thanks Tony, Paul, Budgie and all for their efforts and giving us a FANTASTIC NITE, more, more, more thanks guys!!!!!!!

Edited by 7daylover

47,000 views, Sweet Creeping Jesus, you'll have to open the upstairs, obviously the place to be on this New Years Eve for REAL SOUL FANS....

Am I not a real soul fan then :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,

Hope you all have a brilliant time at "The Greatstone" tonight and I also will be there in spirit but not in body. Unfortunately I have been offshore since the 22nd December so no drink for me tonight but I will make up for it on the 5th of Jan when I go home. looking forward to seeing you all next year and maybe some of you at the 100 Club on the 14th Jan. Play Robert Tanner for me tonight and try to keep Mandy off the Cider !!

See you all in 2006

Keith Money

Hi Keith, Hi Sandra,

Just spotted your post, all the very best for the New Year, look forward to seeing you both early 2006,we'll have a beer and catch up :thumbsup: Robert Tanner was played as requested (many thanks Stevie).

Just a very short note to thank everybody who came to the Greatstone last night, you all contributed to what was a really special night, thanks to all the Dj's Alan Pollard, Les Hare, Eddie Engel,Paul Sadot,Budgie and Paul Havakin (the phantom knob twiddler, behind the decks, thanks Paul :thumbsup: )everyone played great stuff to a full dance floor right up to close of play at 3.30 am.A special mention also for Adrian & Steve, who made everything run so smoothly on the night, and put on a fantastic spread, cheers guy's.

A really cracking night to round the year off,,,,,All the best, and a happy New Year to all......Tony & Janet

PS Brett just got your text this morning ATB mate....see you soon....Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson
Guest Budgie

Hi All,

Many thanx to everybody who turned up last night for what was certainly a night to remember.Special mention to Adrian and the staff at the Great Stone, Stevie Z who was sorely missed,hope you had a fantastic NYE whatever you were up to, and Mark who I think is after Micheal Palin's job with all his travels.

I'm going to try and post some photos up but don't know how they will turn out.

Many thanks to Tony & Janet for putting us up,or putting up with us.

All the very best to Paul and Donna,Edmund,Madeline and Rob,Steve and Sue, and everybody else both those that were there and the many friends who could not for whatever reason.

Pete & Hilary

Well were do i start ..................... a FANTASTIC nite, this was my first visit to the Greatstone & it wont be my last. I would like to say a big thanks to Tony for being a top bloke & putting on a truely SOULFUL nite.

Ive just got in the front door & had to come on line to Give Tony & the DJ`s a big :thumbsup::thumbsup::lol: .

Oh yea Tony & his good lady won the best dressed couple award :)

Garv................ knackered but very very happy.

New Years Eve is the most special night of the year for me and some of them in the past, have been real bummers

but....

....Oh, you wouldn't believe how pleased I am that we spent last night at the Greatstone. Caught up with lovely people, giggled at Carlos who changed hats every hour (didn't recognise him as the sheike when we arrived :) ), got loads of kisses :lol: and absolutely loved lots of the sounds - especially the Five Chances :thumbsup: which I crave.

Unfortunately we couldn't plan to stay very late and missed out towards the end.

But a big thanks to all involved :thumbsup:

m

Guest barnsey
i musn't be either Karen :thumbsup:
ya thats wright all the same you fly by niters and as for that husband of yours ive seen him hiddin in the toilets playin acdc on his cunningly consealed mp3 player :thumbsup:

Hi everybody what a fantastic night, i would personally like to thank everyone who had any part in what for me was one of the most memorable new years eve i have ever had. Carlos you are a star (mr benn's stunt double) All the staff at the Greatstone,everyone i had the pleasure to spend time with and everyone who couldn't make it i hope you all had a great new years eve once again i thank you all Paul and Donna XXXXX

Edited by P5OULH

Brilliant night :) Loved all the djs...loads of seventies too which made it for me...even a few oldies... :thumbsup: I lost count of the times I had to run down from the karzi cos a record came on that I liked :lol: Best NYE for a long time...but one question- I would like to know who was staying in room 17 :thumbsup:

Karen, we may not be 'real soul fans' but at least we can count :ohmy:

Edited by Janine

Brilliant night :lol: Loved all the djs...loads of seventies too which made it for me...even a few oldies... :ohmy: I lost count of the times I had to run down from the karzi cos a record came on that I liked wink.gif Best NYE for a long time...but one question- I would like to know who was staying in room 17 :shhh:

Well it wasn't me :lol: , might have been the football fans :huh: . Anyway had a brilliant time. First time out on NYE in 15 years :huh: and the best I've ever had. The atmosphere, music and the food was first class, thanks every one there for making it so special :lol: . We'll see you all in 2 to 3 weeks time all the best for 2006. Oh yes same happened to me, wanted to hear the ice cream man sing guess where I was......... yes the karzie (again) as well :D:(

Asbo & Ritchie

Edited by asboannie

Karen, we may not be 'real soul fans' but at least we can count :ohmy:

Note to self........Must stop mischief making..... :shhh:

ps...Karen, Joan and Janine..remember i wear glasses and it's against the law to strike me like a gong.... :huh:

Happy New Year

Brilliant night :shhh: Loved all the djs...loads of seventies too which made it for me...even a few oldies... :huh: I lost count of the times I had to run down from the karzi cos a record came on that I liked :huh: Best NYE for a long time...but one question- I would like to know who was staying in room 17 :lol:

Hi Reg....why do we need to know who was in room 17 :lol: I can easily find out :ohmy::lol: .....Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson
Guest Richard Bergman

Hi Reg....why do need to know who was in room 17 :ohmy: I can easily find out :shhh::huh: .....Tony

Hi Tony,

The reason being that Mr Lupton found the key in his jacket the following day and had no recollection of how it got there......apparently it belonged to Garv who had to ask for a spare to get into his room ......lol

Mr Cato is gonna take the key back to the Greatstone today......

What a carry on.......

Well what a night, Well done Tony, Janet, Paul, Donna, Paul and Hillary an absolutely fabulous night, the atmosphere, records, company and food were fantastic. I have had many nights when I have thought I didn't think it could get any better as far listening to quality music and having such a great time DJ'ing but this night certainly beat them all, sorry all you guys were a bit stressed out over whether the night would be a success but I knew all along it would be.

Anyway please do it again next year.

Anyway thanks again for asking me to play a set, for those interested here is my set,

Towana & The Total Destruction - Wear your natural baby - Romark.

Al Kent - The way you been acting lately - Ric Tic.

The Volumes - That same old feeling - Impact.

T.S.U. Toronados - Please heart don't break - Rampart Street.

Doni Burdick - Bari Track - SIR.

Sweet Geraldine - Brain Storm -Magic City.

California Rock Choir - Whoever you are - Cyclone.

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity - Gold Token.

Jean Wells - What have I got to lose - Calla.

Gloria Scott - A case of too much love making - Casablanca.

Bobby Reed - The time is right for love - Bell.

Luther Vandross - Don't wanna be a fool - Cotillion.

Bobby Reed - If I don't love you - Bell.

Lamont Dozier - Why can't we be lovers - Invictus.

Marvin Gaye - Come get to this - Tamla.

Patti & The Emblems - Please don't ever leave me baby - Kapp.

The Captions - Turn out the lights - Kayham.

Shirley Wahls - Why am I crying - King.

Towana & The Total Destruction - Help me get that feeling back again - Romark.

Clydie King & The Sweet Things - Only the guilty cry - Philips.

Soul Brothers Incorporated - Pyramid - Golden Eye.

The Four Tops - Baby I need your loving - Stateside.

Hopefully something for everyone there.

Regards

Alan

'Richard Bergman' date='Jan 2 2006, 03:12 PM'

Hi Tony,

The reason being that Mr Lupton found the key in his jacket the following day and had no recollection of how it got there......apparently it belonged to Garv who had to ask for a spare to get into his room ......lol

Mr Cato is gonna take the key back to the Greatstone today......

What a carry on.......

Edited by asboannie

Just about recovered from the best New Year's Eve I've had in a very long time...... great music, great atmosphere but most of all great people ... thank you all for making it such a memorable night.

Garv was running round after that No 17 for ages, wondered what he'd done with it ... it was in my bag so I don't know how Ady managed to get hold of it .. unless there's something Garv & Ady aren't telling us :):)

Happy New Year to everyone who was there and also everyone on here who knows me. It was great to meet a lot of new SS peeps too ..lovely :D

Hi All,

Many thanx to everybody who turned up last night for what was certainly a night to remember.Special mention to Adrian and the staff at the Great Stone, Stevie Z who was sorely missed,hope you had a fantastic NYE whatever you were up to, and Mark who I think is after Micheal Palin's job with all his travels.

I'm going to try and post some photos up but don't know how they will turn out.

Many thanks to Tony & Janet for putting us up,or putting up with us.

All the very best to Paul and Donna,Edmund,Madeline and Rob,Steve and Sue, and everybody else both those that were there and the many friends who could not for whatever reason.

Pete & Hilary

Hi Pete and Hilary,reading the posts, so far, I missed a great night :) Family etc :) Was I "soulie" missed :D:) or "sorely" :):lol: Have a brill new year and see you both down at THE venue :lol: Stevie
Guest ShaneH

finally back to a normal life. been away from a pc since before xmas.

would like to add to all the comments regarding nye at the greatstone.....

...a brilliant night indeed. thanks to tony and the gang :)

see you all soon

Shane

WOW..........a great, great night!! Full of good people and good tunes. Unfortunately I had to get on a plane to Singapore at 8am and found myself in a post Greatstone surreal haze!! Sitting next to an old couple and staring at my airline meal...mmmmmmmmm!

Paul-s :)

OK this is how it went for me on NYE. Arrived with ASBO @ the Greatstone earlyish, booked in, found the room, dumped the bags, then down to the Weatherspoons by Old Trafford for a livener or two. Walked in to "Weathers" to the strains of "use your 'ead and use your feet & we will take the Kippax street" sung by a group of alcohol fuelled Morons in the corner. Drifting back to the mid seventies would they have been so brave if Mickey Francis & the Kool kats had been in 500 yds of the place ? I think not. Anyway after a few "Liveners" it was back to the Greatstone, & for us the evening was just about to start. Greeted by Tony on the door then down into the Cellar, for what was to be THE BEST ever NYE for me. Fantastic from the outset, the records, crowd, food, and the Atmosphere totally made it. Congratulations to everybody concerned for making it a stonking night. For the first time in a long time, I had a Happy New Year.

Best Regards Ritchie & Asbo. :):) .

After my initial post thanking everyone for coming on NYE I thought i would let the night speak for itself,and leave it at that. :yes:

However having just read all the nice things said, I think it would be rude of me, not to comment on your comments :D . All the positive feedback on here, phone-calls and texts, really does make doing these nights worthwhile, I'm very tempted to post the event up again in the calender section for next NYE :( , but we'll see.....thanks again....See some of you at the weekend ......Tony&Janet

Edited by Tony Jackson

Happy New Year everybody

looks like i missed a good a good one. there will be less travels next year (will not be able to afford them as i have handed my notice in at work anybody need a fairly good gas technician) to go self employed.

hope to see you all at the next greatstone in jan 2006.

Tony, Paul, Peter and Stevie Z it has been a wonderful year and a pleasure to work together on the Greatstone lets make 2006 even better.

mark

Edited by mark.b

IT WAS ABSOLUTELY BLINDING.....IT'S TAKEN ALL WEEK TO RECOVER !!!!

HOPE TO SEE A FEW OF YOU AT THE CHILL-OUT AT KRO-BAR 2...BY BBC ON OXFORD RD, SUNDAY 4-10PM......COME AND CHILL AFTER A TOP NIGHT AT MIDDLETON / LIFELINE NIGHTER

DON'T KNOW IF I'LL MAKE THE NIGHTER BUT HOPE EVERYONE HAS A TOP NIGHT !!!!!!

BCWB huh.gif:D:D

THANKYOU ALL FOR A GREAT YEAR ON HERE AND ALL THE GREAT SOULIES I'VE HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING IN THE FLESH (SOUNDS SAUCY!!!) HERE'S TO 2006 :)

Source Advert