Some Advice Please ?

Guest killiesoul

Guest killiesoul

I recently bought a couple of 'Originals' from a seller on Ebay .I missed the auction but offered £190 for both records - he accepted ! after a few days i emailed him to ask what was the hold up .He then sent the records after opening the package and checking the records , they were found NOT to be originals .I emailed him and told him about the situation .I returned both records with one he had won off me on Ebay and asked for a refund .He replied stating they were BOTH originals and how did i know they were not ? I explained that i had checked the matrix numbers and they were indeed BOOTS !! He then said that one of the records was 100% original !! but would check them when he got them back !

Needless to say he will not answer my emails and i have not recieved any refund through paypal .I did not pay as a gift , so is there any way of getting my money off this individual ??

He is still selling on ebay and stating his records are originals .....so how many people has he managed to dupe ??

I would love to name and shame this guy as he hasnt got the decency to reply to any emails and this is not a good advert for the decent guys out there !!

Any help would be apreciated .

Cheers

Eric

Social source share

• Replies 52
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

:hatsoff2: HI ALL First thing is don't think that you have done anything wrong, far from it, you have made a purchase on the basis that you were to receive a product, the product you received was fake, as such you have protection, and pay-pal have a policy on this I'm sure, if the seller is in the UK trading standards also can help.

However, as most of SOULSOURCE members spend a lot of money on records, it is a unwritten rule, to protect us all the seller should be NAMED & SHAMED, the way forward is simple to me, pay him a visit, but do not make threats in any way. get a money collector to make the visit, if the seller uses SOULSOURCE again name & shame, it does work? but it is down to you/ :boxing: DAVE

Social source share

You can claim through Paypal as you are covered through the 'Buyers protection scheme'. As said above keep all the emails as proof.

If he listed the records as Originals you have a case if they were not when you got them. You may have to prove to Paypal that they were 'not as described', in other words that they were bootleg copies when described as originals.

What Paypal then do, is if they come down on your side, write to the seller and ask them to resolve the situation, if they do not get a reply, they will try to take the money out of the sellers paypal or bank account to pay you back. If they can't do that, they will repay you from Paypal and give the seller a strike as selling counterfeit goods. The whole process could take up to 4 weeks, but at least you'll get your money back.

You REALLY should name them on here though so that SS fellows know to avoid.

P.S. You can also request the sellers contact details so that you can ring them to try to sort the problem out amicably/

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

Guest killiesoul

Thanks for the replies very helpfull... :thumbsup: Okay guys i have gave this person long enough to reply and try and get things sorted .

He goes by the identity of paul8383paul on ebay .His name is Chris Walker from Middlesbrough ! I have got friends to question what is on the deadwax for clarification of his 'Originals' and he has replied NOT with the numbers but just 'Its 100% origonal' .In my instance however , with one of the records, he did state what he thought was on the matrix , but couldnt tell for sure as his eyes werent what they used to be ! This led me to believe it was an original but on inspection , what he said and what was there was 2 different things !!

I am NOT disputing that he may have genuine originals on ebay but the ones i returned were NOT , thats why i returned them .....no harm done , i thought ?? How wrong was I ??

I have opened a claim through paypal against him to try and get the money back.

If anyone knows this guy , please try and talk some sence into him and do the right thing by refunding my £190 for the two 'ORIGINALS' !! :hatsoff2:

Cheers

Eric

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Thank You Eric!

This protects the genuine "rookies" amongst us. Myself being one of them.

I ask for help on a regular basis here and the members are always so willing to help. I'll avoid this seller like the plague. I've been suckered several times before. So a big THANKS from me.

Hope You get every penny back. Money can always be refunded.....His reputation can't!

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Get their name up in lights.

maybe their lights ought to be punched out....(when you've got your money back)

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Guest killiesoul

What were the records that turned out to be boots?

Dave f..

Dave , the records were Eddie Parker heres the link : https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=320913341893&nma=true&rt=nc&si=6a3y4dHKbfBXe%252Fp4JOqzac7uAZs%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

and Younghearts : https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=320924252154&nma=true&rt=nc&si=6a3y4dHKbfBXe%252Fp4JOqzac7uAZs%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The Eddie Parker had NOTHING in the deadwax .....therefore BOOT and Younghearts had NO lr in deadwax as he had stated and NO MR stamp

I offered a wee bit more than i should have at £190 but thought the eddie parker one was genuine .And a few surface marks translated to 'used as a skate rink' !!

Terrible condition as was younghearts.

Cheers

Eric

Social source share

Guest killiesoul

Chris Walker from Yorks as No connection whatsoever in this matter.. :thumbsup:

Indeed Chris , It was certainly not you as the guy is from Middlesbrough . :thumbsup:

Cheers

Eric

Social source share

Guest killiesoul

Shame you cant feedback unless you bid on more of his stuff.

I left feedback too soon for the purchase he had from me !! But i am sorely tempted to buy one of his other (hopefully) Originals ?? :) and let others know what to expect if they return items ??

Social source share

Guest killiesoul

Thank You Eric!

This protects the genuine "rookies" amongst us. Myself being one of them.

I ask for help on a regular basis here and the members are always so willing to help. I'll avoid this seller like the plague. I've been suckered several times before. So a big THANKS from me.

Hope You get every penny back. Money can always be refunded.....His reputation can't!

Thanks , I was trying to get it resolved in an amicable manner .....but what can you do when you dont get a reply ....yet he replies to some of my friends who were questioning his ' originals' statement !!

Eric

Social source share

Guest killiesoul

Eric , you ain't been near his Toyota have you :wicked:

Hope it works out for you mate , I'm sure it will

Swifty :thumbsup:

HAHA funny Swifty i thought about that myself when i saw it !! and wondered if someone else had been slightly pissed off ?? :g: 7

Eric

Social source share

Dave , the records were Eddie Parker heres the link : https://cgi.ebay.co.u...cvip=true&rt=nc

and Younghearts : https://cgi.ebay.co.u...cvip=true&rt=nc

The Eddie Parker had NOTHING in the deadwax .....therefore BOOT and Younghearts had NO lr in deadwax as he had stated and NO MR stamp

I offered a wee bit more than i should have at £190 but thought the eddie parker one was genuine .And a few surface marks translated to 'used as a skate rink' !!

Terrible condition as was younghearts.

Cheers

Eric

What were you doing Eric, an original Eddie Parkers worth no more than £50 and The Younghearts about the same...!!

Social source share

Guest killiesoul

What were you doing Eric, an original Eddie Parkers worth no more than £50 and The Younghearts about the same...!!

Bloody hell , have you got any Pete ?? Im STILL looking for them :thumbsup:

To be honest i was looking at the buy it now and left it but when i found out they hadnt sold ( maybe the alarm bells should have rang) i kindof jumped at the chance to get them .....and now look what has happened !!

Anyway Pete i KNOW i can trust you so if you have any or a Gene Toone let me know ..... :thumbsup:

Cheers

Eric

Social source share

Bloody hell , have you got any Pete ?? Im STILL looking for them :thumbsup:

To be honest i was looking at the buy it now and left it but when i found out they hadnt sold ( maybe the alarm bells should have rang) i kindof jumped at the chance to get them .....and now look what has happened !!

Anyway Pete i KNOW i can trust you so if you have any or a Gene Toone let me know ..... :thumbsup:

Cheers

Eric

Give me a couple of weeks, though don't hold your breath for a Gene Toones!

Social source share

Guest Brooky

===================================================================================================

Bit confused with this Eddie Parker issue..........according to the Bible....i.e. Jm's 5th edition...those with raised 'archer' in the deadwax are worth £650 or £200 depending on whether it's issue 1 or 1A. All of the others are £15.

So which one of these is worth £50...have the expensive ones come down or the cheapies gone up???

Not a record I've ever been interested in to be honest.....I'm having the one on Awake one day....in my dreams!!! :)

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I can see the mistake, you thought they were originals, but in fact he has them listed as origonals... :huh:

Seriously though, hope you get it sorted mate.

Social source share

===================================================================================================

Bit confused with this Eddie Parker issue..........according to the Bible....i.e. Jm's 5th edition...those with raised 'archer' in the deadwax are worth £650 or £200 depending on whether it's issue 1 or 1A. All of the others are £15.

So which one of these is worth £50...have the expensive ones come down or the cheapies gone up???

Not a record I've ever been interested in to be honest.....I'm having the one on Awake one day....in my dreams!!! :)

Well personally I'd love to know anyone who rates Eddie Parker on Ashford at that price! Don't think I"ve ever sold one over £40.

Social source share

Guest killiesoul

Just found out this guy is a member on here !! Is there anything the admin can help with ??

Still had no replies ! and even phoned him , but the guy who answered (on hearing a scottish accent was stuttering ??) said he wouldnt be home till 10:30 !! AYE Fu#kin right im no daft ! ooooops my patience wearing thin me thinks !!

Cheers

Eric

Social source share

I left feedback too soon for the purchase he had from me !! But i am sorely tempted to buy one of his other (hopefully) Originals ?? smile.png and let others know what to expect if they return items ??

dont do this...it will only result in your ebay ID being shut down as it is against ebay rules. believe me, here speaks a man of experience ;) LOL

hope you get sorted, atb

Social source share

Guest killiesoul

dont do this...it will only result in your ebay ID being shut down as it is against ebay rules. believe me, here speaks a man of experience ;) LOL

hope you get sorted, atb

Dont worry its against my nature lol i think enough has been put in motion through soul source to make the guy 'think again ' and do what is right !!

Cheers

Eric and thanks for the advice Marc :thumbsup:

Social source share

That's great news for him, bad news for the buyer...

spoke to other collectors during the weekend and both agreed, only the boot (with the small lettered Archer stamp) is 15 UKP, orig between 100 and 200 gbp. not that it would be important to me as I wouldnt be selling mine anyway lol

Social source share

spoke to other collectors during the weekend and both agreed, only the boot (with the small lettered Archer stamp) is 15 UKP, orig between 100 and 200 gbp. not that it would be important to me as I wouldnt be selling mine anyway lol

Tell them to look out for when I get one then. It'll be £40, which is all it's worth. I don't know anyone who's paid anything like that price you quote and I've sold half a dozen. Proper ones.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest killiesoul

Tell them to look out for when I get one then. It'll be £40, which is all it's worth. I don't know anyone who's paid anything like that price you quote and I've sold half a dozen. Proper ones.

Im first in line Pete :thumbsup:

Social source share

E bay are a complete waste of time, for these knd of problems, i had a load of records nicked and some were (and still are) being sold on e bay by a seller in the same town as me. I sent e bay 3 messages about stolen goods being advertised on their site and didnt get 1 reply. I am taking the bloke to a civil court.

Social source share

Guest killiesoul

E bay are a complete waste of time, for these knd of problems, i had a load of records nicked and some were (and still are) being sold on e bay by a seller in the same town as me. I sent e bay 3 messages about stolen goods being advertised on their site and didnt get 1 reply. I am taking the bloke to a civil court.

Sorry to hear that !! Maybe you should name and shame this bloke too ??

Social source share

As far as i know he doesnt go on this site as he deals mainly with rock/pop stuff. My ex-girlfriends son sold him about £6500 worth of records for £700, the police found about a quarter of my records in a flat above his shop after he told them he didnt know they were stolen!!! The rest are still missing but he doesnt know ive managed to find out the address he uses as a registered office and thats where i think the rest are.

Social source share

If the buyers are located in England and you can proove the records belong to you and were just stolen from you the buyers would have to give them back to at their full cost. you should really be able to get them back. At least in Germany the law would be on your side as a stolen good cant be bought..it will still be owned by the person who it was stolen from. Maybe English law is different here but you should at least ask a attorney about this situation. If you have the sellers (new) adress why not also visit him again and confront him with some evidence collected from the net that he again has sold some records that belong to you ? a third advice I have for you but I wont post on the internet .. LOL

Social source share

Guest smoothwasson

Name in lights, turn out the lights and first round knockout. I wonder?.

throw the fraud off ebay ..
Social source share

Ebay will help, from experience, although a completely different item (not a record), I bought an iPhone off a guy in Cheshire, when I got it it was duff, so wrote to him and he said he'd refund me if I sent the phone back. I did, he didn't, so opened a case on eBay and after about 3 weeks they refunded me in full including postage through the buyers protection scheme.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest killiesoul

Result ......full refund from paypal as they found in my favour :thumbup: .

Thanks for the advice all ....apreciate it :thumbsup:

Eric

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest killiesoul

Another twist in the tail.........this guy won a record off me on ebay and has now left me negative feedback !! with the statement ..." Total knob !! " ....... haha ...yes im a total knob ........one that has got his £194 back pal !! :D

Think i'll report him to Ebay as well for that feedback !! :D might get him chucked off there as he fully deserves .

Social source share

Another twist in the tail.........this guy won a record off me on ebay and has now left me negative feedback !! with the statement ..." Total knob !! " ....... haha ...yes im a total knob ........one that has got his £194 back pal !! :D

Think i'll report him to Ebay as well for that feedback !! :D might get him chucked off there as he fully deserves .

make sure you file a non paying bidder in ebay

Social source share

Guest killiesoul

He won the record , and paid for it a wee while before the fiasco with his so called "originals" or as he words them " origonals" !!

So he has left feedback totally unrelated to the item he purchased ,and more in line with the I'll feeling he has towards me due to the fact PayPal refunded me the money he owed me !!

Social source share

He won the record , and paid for it a wee while before the fiasco with his so called "originals" or as he words them " origonals" !!

So he has left feedback totally unrelated to the item he purchased ,and more in line with the I'll feeling he has towards me due to the fact PayPal refunded me the money he owed me !!

I understood what he did, except I didn't know that he actually paid money for the record, paying just to leave you a negative.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert