Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Picked up a copy of Valerie & Nick "I'll find you" on Glover after hearing it on here a few months ago.

Just loving the flip too though !

Lonely town

Dave

Dave

I did post both sides at the time but well worth another play as I love it.I've reviewed this record in the latest issue of Soul Up North & when researching about the record found out that it's from 1964 which I was surprised at?As I thought it sounded later,maybe not for the "Lonely Town" side but certainly for the"I'll Find You" side.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Through my door this morning, can't describe just how fookin pleased with it I am :thumbsup:

The Vontastics - Never let your love grow cold - St Lawrence 1023

Manship has it @ £75 with water damage (who he kidding?) not sure of current price, £30-£40??

(new to me, but will be an oldie to some I'm sure)

Edited by Jhsoulnotts
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Mid-70t's double-sided magic from me today.Know nothing about this group,don't have anything else by them?

The Modulations - Your Love Has Me Locked Up/I Can't Fight Your Love Buddah

There's an album for definite - I have it somewhere :yes:

Social source share

Paul

This is in my playbox for Tadcaster (Riley Smith's) warm up session............don't think I'll be playing it in the main room on the night though :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Hey, if you need any new DJs for the future warm up sessions............ :thumbsup:

Social source share

Lorraine Rudolph After All I've Been Through Fo You flip of back for more av just been playing on ipod thought I'd share

Brilliant Andy, whichever side you decide to listen to!

Social source share

just got this double sider...hope the postie will bring it before next gogo children..

but what side?????

Don't know, can't see either as I'm at work... Please do a small post with artist & title before posting the video link for those of us behind work firewalls or using a phone that wont stream video.

Ta! :thumbsup:

Social source share

LP track again from me today,from the great Euphrates River LP which has a few good tracks on it.This is my fave track off it & had plays in modern rooms at one time............

The Main Ingredient - Have You Ever Tried It Euphrates River (RCA) LP

Hi Martyn

Known and liked this for years. Didn't know it was the Main Ingredient though.

Nice one.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

just got this double sider...hope the postie will bring it before next gogo children..

Right I need to know why I don't know either of these side?They are both brilliant,it's a not a problem of what side to play...........play them BOTH!!!!Straight on the wants list.Nice one :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Early Friday morning? or 12 to 12 Thursday= I have played this record 4 x in 4 hours, It's Jimmy Ruffin's 1st record (I think, ) and the B side, record never released by UKE EMI Tamla Motown, so it has a bit of value in 2012, and if you have not heard this before, I hope you can see the potential of this sleeper, I Recommend it, but what do I no?...So why did I pick this? I have about 600 Motown records, and a shelf of 300 record that just sit there, tonight I picked the SOUL LABEL, The label does live up to it's name, playing the EARL VAN DYKE 45s the FLICK Pt2 is class, 6x6 classic Jr Walker records fantastic with GOT TO HOLD ON TO THIS FEELING, brilliant, the INTRO is in the top 10 of all time, one of my favorite records, of course I ain't got a frank Wilson but I have the 2 records it was sandwiched against,

What I like in particular about the Jimmy Ruffin 45, is the backing track, so so familiar, the record sounds more RIC-TIC than MOTOWN, does this backing track come from GROOVESVILE,??

JIMMY RUFFIN - "HOW CAN i SAY I'M SORRY" - SOUL S3516, Rated ***** Value £10+ should really be played to night by any DJ ,,,, maybe you? :g: please enjoy this record, and tell me the backing session players? please :huh: DAVE

:hatsoff2:https://youtu.be/_-cvrJISbOY

• Helpful 3
Social source share

A great little tune I should describe as 'crossover magic' I suppose, but I hate pigeon holing anything, and I just love the track. It was one of those things I discovered while trolling through youtube about 18 months ago and instantly went and bought a copy.

Willie Tee - Reach out for me

Social source share