Modern Soul Events / Modern Soul Rooms At Northern Venues

just doing some research on regular / not so regular Modern Soul Events

either

"stand alone" or a Second room at Northern nights or All-nighters

As many of the regular events seem to have dis appeared or changed direction in the last twelve months

Also who is DJing at these events ? heard some good reports from the N West

look forward to the repl :thumbsup: ies

• Replies 46
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Busy modern room at Pierciebridge.

Must say most modern rooms i've seen at northern nights (around this way anyway) are always fairly empty.

Think there is a lively modern scene in the west mids, Mark R's your man for that

Hi Karen and Rob,

Peterborough hasn't had a dedicated modern room for ages but there are some reviews on here of the relaunched "East Anglian Soul Club" at the City Club. This venue has a small modern room at the back downstairs, regular DJs are Steve 'Jay' Jackson from near Spalding and Kev Laws from Norwich.

Cheers

Alan

hi there

i run lightwater soul club which has two rooms

theres always a great atmosphere in the modern room...its been going nearly 5 years

the modern room is run by keith and maxine woon..both well known djs on the scene

we have had a lot of top dj,s down to play including tim brown,soul sam,arthur fenn,cliff steele,roger banks,adam and alison and john nightingale..sorry for any i forgot to mention.

these top djs played in both rooms.

numbers do vary due to other events,times of year etc but a great night is had by all.

we also try to get lesser known djs that dont get a chance anywhere else

ive even managed to get a spot in the modern room myself :thumbsup:

moldie

Hi Karen and Rob,

Peterborough hasn't had a dedicated modern room for ages but there are some reviews on here of the relaunched "East Anglian Soul Club" at the City Club. This venue has a small modern room at the back downstairs, regular DJs are Steve 'Jay' Jackson from near Spalding and Kev Laws from Norwich.

Cheers

Alan Hi yes this is indeed a regular last Friday of the month event this room features guest DJs and a music policy of crossover and 70s and the best of the 80s and more recent releases rifgt across the board modern so to speak,agreat venue and a friendly open minded crowd!!!

Best Steve

Hi Rob

Modern rooms at Northern events don't always work as they offen seem to be addons with little thought. Smaller room tucked away somewhere in the building with a line up of DJ's again with less thought than the northern room. So much money has been spent on the line up for the northern room, these are run on a least cost basis. But many of the events on the continent, work much better, as they are often in rooms as big as the northern room, or nearly as so and with just as strong aline up as the northern room. Done a few this year, and they have been rammed. But in the UK some of the best modern rooms, are at stand alone events, Mark Randles do's, Lynn Taylor's Soul Underground. Did Steve Lloyds, Soulful Sessions last week and that was busy. They are run with the best DJ's availble, playing fairly upfrount music.

Again many of the rooms at northern events are called modern rooms, but in the main play music that is 20 and in some cases 30 years old and so the deffinition between the two rooms for many, is not that great. Also the keen contemporary soul fans wouldn't even attend such events, as they don't see anything there for them.

Just my small contribution.

DJ's Mark Randle, Lynn Taylor, Colin Curtis, Terry Jones, Meg Wiltshire, Gavin Page, Sutty, Miles Eastwick, Steve Lloyd, Malayka, Fin Johanssen, Ozughan Celik, Atze Knauf, Jamie Taylor, Roger Williams, Thierry Boulanger, Pete Haigh, I do a bit as well :lol:

But all of these would play contemporary set, now what do you call modern :yes:

sjay,

Any chance of your current playlist ?

Cheers

Nick

Hi mate includes (amongst many others)

frederick hymes 111 time wont do me no favour

ripple blast singers sadie sadie

skip jackson Im onto you girl

the differences 5 minutes

unique blend yes im in love

four tracks charade

timeless legend i was born to love you

smoke im so glad

pete warner i just wanna spend my life

exportations i want you

tearra just loving you

halo let me do it

village choir sweet hot lips

joi cardwell let it go

kirk franklin looking for you

black box fall into my love

Can I give a little plug for the Soul Republic events - currently at Lutterworth (next one is on Friday 8th December). This event set out to play a more 70s and 80s based alternative, with sufficient known tunes to attract those attending general northern nights, but a deliberate intentuion to experiment.

We have had some great sets from the likes of Gary Belcher, Soul Sam, the Rippollis, Karl Boddington, and others. Mark Lester is a noteworthy emerging DJ, who is sniffing out some interesting modern 12s to good effect.

I also rate Soul Intent at Todwick for a very refined blend of modern soul, and had a great night recently at Mothefunkas at Stafford Rangers. In both cases you will hear fresh new sounds. Mates whose opinions I trust also sing the praises of Soul Purpose at Hinckley (Mark Randles involved in that with Sam Evans and Andy Baskett, and another top spinner IMHO - Mark Goddard.)

Personally, I think these modern events should be seen as complementary to the larger more established northern soul scene. The choice offered is healthy- but the key to a good night (and long term scene) is an appreciation and tolerance of those in attendance to across the board good soul music. Another thought, too many different descriptions on fliers etc may confuse the casual punter.

cheers

Lofty :thumbsup:

As for up here, Piercebridge Modern Room is always busy as Baz said, that's run alongside a northern room. The residents are Ewan Renton, Darren Carr & Mick Howard. At the last one there was also Cuba From Middlesbrough, Gaz Simon & Flanny on as well. Ewan is on here as Safc Soulboy, if you wanted to ask him anything.

Also Village Soul in Sunderland is a stand alone one. Been to it once & it was very busy. Pierre (Peter) from here runs it (but he's in Florida at the minute). Terry Jones (who's my fave) is resident there.

Of course there is The Orwell as well.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Kirstyx

Guest lifeandsoul

well there's City Canteen, Cardiff https://www.worcssoul.info/Events/CCBMainPage.htm

And also now room 2 at the cardiff allnighter

Mike Shawe's Hot Buttered Soul https://www.worcssoul.info/Events/HBSMainPage.htm

Rooms 2 and 3 at Soul Fusion https://www.soulfusion-soulnites.co.uk/

Smokin Teez is varied but Megan is a resident - Dave and I have guested resently so it can be predominantly contemporary

frederick hymes 111 time wont do me no favour

ripple blast singers sadie sadie

skip jackson Im onto you girl

the differences 5 minutes

unique blend yes im in love

four tracks charade

timeless legend i was born to love you

smoke im so glad

pete warner i just wanna spend my life

exportations i want you

tearra just loving you

halo let me do it

village choir sweet hot lips

joi cardwell let it go

kirk franklin looking for you

black box fall into my love

I'd have to agree with what Dave T has to say about what is modern. Would the above be considered modern enough for many modern soulies? Not a dig or any offence meant, just like an opinion on what people like Roger Williams thought of the above. Would some of the above be considered too old for a modern soul venue :thumbsup:

Just to add too Daves & Mikes comments;

Soulful Sessions in Worcester: - I've managed to record all the set's so far, take a listen, it gives a good idea of the wide music scope that we play.

https://www.worcssoul.info/SoulfulSessions/SSPrevPage.htm

Six dates are booked for next year already with Guests Fish, Mike Ashley, Mike Shaw, Mark Randle, Meg + KGB plus anyone else I or Rob can con.

Plus: Smokin Teez this coming Friday in Stroud has little old me as the guest, but don't let that put you off :thumbsup:

I'd have to agree with what Dave T has to say about what is modern. Would the above be considered modern enough for many modern soulies? Not a dig or any offence meant, just like an opinion on what people like Roger Williams thought of the above. Would some of the above be considered too old for a modern soul venue :thumbsup:

Again Chalky we're falling into the realms of what people consider to be 'modern' soul. You wouldn't hear the majority of those at Soul Underground in Walsall, let's put it that way. All great tunes in that list but personally I'd expect to see a playlist like that from The Orwell or 3 Greyhounds or Greatstone and the more 'crossover' slanted venues.

Cheers

Roger

Guest stash313

As Roger says there's a vast difference in perceptions of what is and isn't Modern Soul. Kirsty mentions The Orwell, but I don't consider it a Modern Soul venue, a crossover venue yes but not a Modern Soul venue.

Again Chalky we're falling into the realms of what people consider to be 'modern' soul. You wouldn't hear the majority of those at Soul Underground in Walsall, let's put it that way. All great tunes in that list but personally I'd expect to see a playlist like that from The Orwell or 3 Greyhounds or Greatstone and the more 'crossover' slanted venues.

Cheers

Roger

Have to agree with you, most of it "crossover" or "modern northern" :thumbsup:

Some years since I went to venues like Bass Museum etc but the music played there even then doesn't compare to places like the Orwell which for me is a crossover night.

Guest Gavin Page

Have to agree with you, most of it "crossover" or "modern northern" :thumbsup:

Some years since I went to venues like Bass Museum etc but the music played there even then doesn't compare to places like the Orwell which for me is a crossover night.

Yep - Side To Side Music or Up and Down Music :lol:

Monumental Soul (London)

The Bass

City Soul (London)

Soul In The City (London)

Henrys (Essex)

Lacy Lady (Essex)

Soul Underground

Soul Purpose

Soul Essence Weekender

Spondon (Colin Browns Gig)

Various Boat Doo's on the Thames

I could go on and on Rob and Karen, Hope you are both well ?

Yep - Side To Side Music or Up and Down Music :thumbsup:

Monumental Soul (London)

The Bass

City Soul (London)

Henrys (Essex)

Lacy Lady (Essex)

Soul Underground

Soul Purpose

Soul Essence Weekender

And Soulshakers International Gav, and to think I employ you :lol: . Looks like we've got somewhere new :lol:

I can thoroughly recommend the New Chapter gigs by Mark Houghton and of course the gigs by Soulselect.com in London . Mark, Girth, Paul Phillips, Dave B, Gary Lee ( wopz nearly forgot myself :D )all being good Modern Soul jocks from the south !!

Simon

Edited by Simon M

I'd have to agree with what Dave T has to say about what is modern. Would the above be considered modern enough for many modern soulies? Not a dig or any offence meant, just like an opinion on what people like Roger Williams thought of the above. Would some of the above be considered too old for a modern soul venue :D

Oh no Ive been outed and youve all sussed that Im really an oldies DJ :(:huh::lol:

The room we run at Peterborough is a crossover/modern room and thats exactly what it is,each time we have guests 1st Andy Davies 2nd time Cliff Steele next time 29th Dec Andy Jackson who are booked play as you seem to suggest real modern ie more upfront new releases.

What everyone seems to agree on is the fact that no one can agree exactly what modern soul really is??

Our room is for accross the board soul from late 60s Crossover to new releases for people that want to hear something different to the more usual Northern /Stompers/ Oldies played everywhere else locally.

This leads me to think we all might need to think of another name (as if there arent enough already)for the music we play, any suggestions (and not disco shite again laugh.gif )

Next question to all promoters of Northern /Oldies only nights............................

WHEN DO I GET A SPOT!! :D:lol::)

Steve

either

"stand alone" or a Second room at Northern nights or All-nighters

As many of the regular events seem to have dis appeared or changed direction in the last twelve months

Also who is DJing at these events ? heard some good reports from the N West

look forward to the repl :lol: ies

Quite a lot going on in the South Yorkshire area Rob but you already know that.

There's the Modern room at the Earl in Doncaster.

Runaway Girl in Sheffield.

The new Modern Room at Sheffields Ponds Forge Xmas/New Year special.

Red Lion at Todwick.

Oh yes, almost forgot. Our Modernism & New Soul Spectrum shindigs.

Will call you about Soul Spectrum later in the week Rob but we got something a bit special up our sleeves :D

Just noticed something with 4 out of 5 of the above nights. Our Soul Spectrum co promoter Julia Nicol is resident at e'm.

Told you she was a bit good last year didn't i. Now do you believe me.

Original post wouldn't have anything to do with Bridlington would it :):D

Mart...

Cheers

Roger

funnily enough roger i was about to say that.

mark

the modern room at prestwich is supposed to be very goos but i have always felt the room is too small. doesnt pete haigh run a modern night preston way, lowton has a modern room but the last few months they have been playing a lot of croosover.

think there may be a modrn night in blackpool or somewhre near blackpool.

mark

Guest Gavin Page

And Soulshakers International Gav, and to think I employ you shades.gif . Looks like we've got somewhere new :thumbsup:

Thought I better not say ought till got a new venue

Read all the above with interest and thought i'd chuck my two pence worth into the debate!

Here's a snippet from an article i did for Derek Pearson in February of this year..................................................................

....................................................Before we get into it, I believe it is important to point out that there have been some interesting changes to the 'Modern' side of the Rare Soul scene over the last four or five years. Namely the emergence of a 'third scene' that is basically a throwback to the Modern scene of say 1988 but instead of the new releases of the time (i.e. Mid/Late 80's Indie & Mainstream dancers) more unknown/semi-known 70's dancers are now played! In reality, it's a place where virtually 100% of the tunes played are late 60's Crossover, early/mid 70's or late 70's/early 80's Soul dancers. The 70's Classics of the Northern & Modern scene are played here but it also opens up more scope to play lesser-known dancers that in the past haven't had their place in the sun!

In my opinion, the scene came about because many brilliant Crossover & 70's Soul dancers couldn't get a good enough look-in on the Northern scene. They also sounded too dated at most Modern nights, which were playing up-front 90's/Y2K/Nu Soul/R&B & Soulful garage. The music in effect, fell between the two stools and was in danger of being forgotten about!

The collectors and connoisseurs had been going on about this for years but now the dancers demanded the music! Shortly after the turn of the century, the calls were heeded when a third room in the shape of the (now famous) Tent started at the Fleetwood weekender (hence the term Tent Music). At the same time, venues like the sadly missed back room of The Howard & The Orwell in Wigan switched to playing virtually only Crossover & 70's Soul and the third scene was well under way. Today there are a whole host of quality venues exclusively playing this sort of stuff. Many now also use this opportunity to also play connoisseurs Northern too. The new scene itself is changing and it will be interesting to see where it goes over the next few years!.................................

OK that was written at the end of 2005 and printed in Shades Of Soul earlier this year. I personally still agree with it but I'd be very interested in what other people think of this and whether they think a 'third scene' does actually exist?

Cheers

Steve Plumb

OK that was written at the end of 2005 and printed in Shades Of Soul earlier this year. I personally still agree with it but I'd be very interested in what other people think of this and whether they think a 'third scene' does actually exist?

Cheers

Steve Plumb

The third scene does exist but it's relatively small in terms of numbers attending venues. Obviously excluding a few well established venues - Yarmouth, Orwell, Bass Museum etc.

Relatively hard to get large numbers of people out to other third scene venues, but is is there.

Without wishing to sound too corrective on your article, The "Tent" was really designed to cater for those "Essence" attendees, and was based on the type of sound already played there. I think Richard recognised the gap at Fleetwood between the brand spanking new and the northern oldies lot.

The third scene does exist but it's relatively small in terms of numbers attending venues. Obviously excluding a few well established venues - Yarmouth, Orwell, Bass Museum etc.

Relatively hard to get large numbers of people out to other third scene venues, but is is there.

Without wishing to sound too corrective on your article, The "Tent" was really designed to cater for those "Essence" attendees, and was based on the type of sound already played there. I think Richard recognised the gap at Fleetwood between the brand spanking new and the northern oldies lot.

Hi Steve

Yes, relatively small.....but the 5000 mile march started with the first step :yes:

Yes 'Essence' attendees had an input in 'tent' roots but not exclusively, imho..........even though i am one meself :unsure:

Yer last line sums it up ....the gap at Fleetwood between the brand spanking new and the northern oldies lot.........

If i'd have thought of that first i could have saved all that long winded stuff :D

Hope your well mate?

Chers

Steve

Not so now me ol' Chalkmeister...............two rooms now, and in my opinion the Christmas one should be rammed with a line-up like it has. I'm really up for it.........has to be one of the best line-up's I can recall in 6 years of Without Boundaries across two rooms playing 60's/70's crossover thru to new and advance soul and soulful dance..................COLIN CURTIS, SOUL SAM, ARTHUR FENN, ADAM, STEVE GUARNORI, PAUL PHILLIPS, BRIAN GOUCHER, COLIN BROWN, FISH & MARK RANDLE............how's that!!

And believe me, the fact that I'm involved in this gig is irrelavent...............with that line-up I would be there anyway.............not hype, fact!!

Cheers,

Mark R

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Dec 4 2006, 08:55 PM) link
the modern room at prestwich is supposed to be very goos but i have always felt the room is too small. doesnt pete haigh run a modern night preston way, lowton has a modern room but the last few months they have been playing a lot of croosover.

think there may be a modrn night in blackpool or somewhre near blackpool.

mark

There have been Soulful Dance Nights @ Lytham Football Academy( Nr Blackpool) the last two years with Djs Pete Haigh, Steve Naylor, Andy Lett & Kevin Priest - not a huge venue but a steady following of regulars make for a great night.

I think the term Modern Soul should be banished...............and I'm just a guilty of using the term as most.............force of habit..............hell, the word Modern is even used in the title of my magazine articles..............difficult to resist I suppose when most folk know it as that. But, because that term conjures up different images to different folk, it will always cause confusion..............new release or contemporary soul/room would be better IMVHO.

I think most of the gigs have been covered haven't they..............however, it's OK to say it looks healthy, but there are only so many punters to go round. Add to this the diversity of the music (and this diversity broadens with time........if we assume things start in the year XXXX, and that point is fixed, then the new music continues to be released and develops all the time) and it's easy to see why the scene becomes fragmented. The answer??.........not sure! For me, I can't wait to hear next weeks new releases......and I mean CAN'T WAIT, so whilst I still enjoy the music of the past, I basically think it should be about new music (80/20 let's say).............but that's just me and I know it doesn't suit everyone.

As a footnote, I should just point out for the record that Without Boundaries is Fish's gig............I'm a resident DJ and as such help him promote as much as I can, but Fish should take the credit for the gig and it's organising/booking of DJ's etc........just though I'd clear that up as in recent times many people have referred to it to me as "your gig".

Soul Purpose is my baby though................along with my mates Sam Evans and Mark Goddard.

Cheers,

Mark R

Whats happening in the Hull / Cleethorpes areas now adays ? always was a hotbed of good soul there abouts.

Anyone flying the flag in Scotland ??

The one's I know about in Scotland are Kilmarnock, run by Bob Jeffries, next one is 23rd December. Also Edinburgh, run by Jolly. Both are on here. The last one was a couple of months ago at the Corn Exchange, had 3 rooms, northern, modern & an anything goes room. Terry Jones was on. The next one is 27th Jan, at the hub in Edinburgh. They are just having 2 rooms, dropping the northern room.

I'm sure someone Scottish can tell you if I've missed any.

Kirsty

Guest lifeandsoul

https://www.worcssoul.info/SoulfulSessions/SSPrevPage.htm

Six dates are booked for next year already with Guests Fish, Mike Ashley, Mike Shaw, Mark Randle, Meg + KGB plus anyone else I or Rob can con.

Plus: Smokin Teez this coming Friday in Stroud has little old me as the guest, but don't let that put you off laugh.gif

see you friday Steve - my next city canteen is Dec 16th, and it looks like there may also be something in Bath on a Sunday night - will keep you posted.

Guest claude rains

Yep - Side To Side Music or Up and Down Music :thumbsup:

Monumental Soul (London)

The Bass

City Soul (London)

Henrys (Essex)

Lacy Lady (Essex)

Soul Underground

Soul Purpose

Soul Essence Weekender

Hi Gavin

Soul Of The Barrio is having its forth night this year, last month saw special guest Terry Jones, whom as usual played a fantastic spot.

Its only just started, but were getting a good response. A loose music policy of quality 60's upto current release. The16th of this month we have a christmas special "The Barrio Goes Mental!", special guests Monumentals very own Niki Golding and Gareth Donavan, guesting along side Victor and myself.

Goin into January on the 27th we have Chris Dale and Tony Smith guesting alongside resident dj Victor.

Regards David Taylor.

How many of these venues are actually trying to break new / unknown sounds in the "Crossover / 70s/80s" genre?

Some of the venues listed appear just to be crossover oldies nights...or put another way regurgitating the stuff we were playing 10-15 years ago. :thumbsup:

Now there is some controversy for a Monday morning!

shades.gif HI ROB AND KAREN

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO U BOTH

WE HOPE TO CU AT THE BENTINCK THIS FRIDAY .. :D

GREAT NITE WILL BE HAD BY ALL IN THE BACK ROOM ...CROSSOVER AND RARE TUNES ..

IF NOT TAKE CARE ..PUT A COUPLE OF CDS TO ONE SIDE FOR YOU

PETE ... :thumbsup: BENTINCK SOUL CLUB thumbsup.gif

Guest stash313

Thought I would just add to the list Bury Town Hall's Modern Soul room. Under the stewardship of Jayne, Baz and Mark the room has gone from strength to strength over the last two years running on a bi-monthly basis and rather than being a add-on room with little thought the room has created its own vibe and own feeling which in turn complement the event as a whole and give the nights a much wider variety of music, you never know in edition we may even open some ears and minds to some great new soul music.

Residents include Baz Maleady, Mark Grice and myself with guests covering the whole length and breadth of the country.

Music wise up-front new releases and contemporary Soulful Dance are the order of the day with a few 80's thrown in for good measure.

Edited by stash313
Guest funky4u

Hi All

i really hope you can copme check out our KEEP THE FAITH Eclectic Soul nights out.

Check our latest gigs and heere snippets of what we play on this link:

https://www.myspace.com/keepthefaithclubnight

Our next event is on Sunday dec 17th @ Whitehouse SW4

Check the thread elsewhere on this events forum

heres some details:

"Hope you can join us in 2 rooms of Eclectic Soul culture at one of my fav London venue's - The White House, Clapham for our KEEP THE FAITH XMAS PARTY on Sunday 17th December - 7pm - 3am .

It's nice to bring the events south of the river and The White House always has a wkd atmos.

We have a great lineup inc. Bugz In The Attic Daz I Kue, BBC 1xtra Nesha, Amalgama Records-Puerto Rico - Co-Op-Miami's Masoul, Craig David's Harlano, The WARRIOR FM crew (Paul Aaaron, Bounce & Jonny G), Push FM 107.7's DJ Bones and Soul Siren Lisa Mayers to name a few.

This is the last KEEP THE FAITH event of 2006

Save some door money tax by emailing for your free monthly KTF membership which gets you onto the concessions guestlist - email:

lineagerecordings@googlemail.com[/b]

Sign in here UK & London if you think you're going - would be good to see some of your faces before 2006 is out biggrin.gif

See you there

Pz

PA

https://www.myspace.com/keepthefaithclubnight KEEP THE FAITH Eclectic Soul CLub Night"

Thanks

Paul

hi everyone thanks for all the Pms about this once again, sorry if I haven't replied to you but we did read them all add take note !!!

i will keep this running a couple of days further for those who may have missed it then collate the info in to a new post.

one thing has struck me is that the modern scene is a lot more fragmented than i originally thought,

with "the 3rd scene" well on the rise !!!

But as always new events come along the biggest buzz from Pms is Sketchly Grange which we haven't visited yet (sorry mark & sam) but hope to be there in 2007.

L:ets have the last few post then i will close it down

Merry Christmas

see you all at Prestatyn and Bridlington in the summer (watch out for the modern room) ! :thumbsup:

Rob & karen Wigley

Guest Chris Priestley

Rob / Karen

One of the only "Stand Alone" Modern Soul / Upfront R+B / 80's +90's Grooves nights around the North West is our "SEDUCTIVE SOUL" evening which takes place Monthly on the Second Saturday of the month at a super quality venue , the Nags Head, Lymm Cheshire.

We are now into our 3rd year with Seductive Soul and the night are going from strength to strength.

We are lucky that The Nags Head are backing us all the way and we run from 9.00pm through to gone 03.00am with a licensed bar until 02.30am

Full details of the night, location and directions can be found on www.seductivesoul.com

Jim Hargreaves and myself (Chris Priestley) promote and DJ on the night but over the last few month Mike Stephens / Bob Hinsley / Geoff Allman and Jed Lunt (January) have been our guest DJ for the evening.

For anybody wanting to experience a Modern Soul night this would be an ideal venue for you to "Toe The Waters" - the place is really friendly and to date we have had no complaints (well we have, only that it's too dark!).

The photographs on the Seductive Soul website give a good idea of how the night goes.

Other North West Soul Nights:

Soul By The Sea - Fleetwood - check out www.soulbythesea.co.uk - this is a two room event with a cracking 2nd room playing Modern Soul - Jim Hargreaves is the promoter again for this night. Next Night 24th February 2006

The Mint Lounge - Oldham Street Manchester

Think also a mention should be given to the biggest annual Modern Soul / Jazz Funk / Soulful Dance / Club + Northern Soul Weekend which takes place at the Blackpool Hilton January 5th - 7th 2007 . This is the 7th Luxury Soul Weekender to take place (Blackpool and Birmingham Hilton Hotels) - miss this one at your peril!

More info at https://www.luxurysoulweekender.com/ and heaps of pictures on www.seductivesoul.com

Trust the above complements the other posts and look forward one day see Mr and Mrs W gracing the bar and the Dance Floor at the Nags Head.

All Best Regards

Chris Priestley

Personally speaking, I don't much care for separate rooms. It segregates the evening and separates the patrons. Although I'm not a fan of modern I'm happy to stand to the side of the dancefloor whilst a set is played. It gives me time to breath, watch, listen and talk.

I'm only commenting on nighters here... not weekenders.

Oh, by the way.... I'M BACK! It was cold out there on my own :thumbsup:

Source Advert