Four Wonders 'Just Looking for My Love'

Joesoap

Just picked this up. I think it's absolutely awesome..

Has it ever had much exposure anywhere?

Assume it is same group as, or a variant of, Imperial Wonders (also on Solid Foundation)?

Finally, does the LP referred to on the label actually exist? Can't find any trace of it online..

• Up vote 1
Social source share

15 hours ago, Joesoap said:

Just picked this up. I think it's absolutely awesome..

Has it ever had much exposure anywhere?

Assume it is same group as, or a variant of, Imperial Wonders (also on Solid Foundation)?

Finally, does the LP referred to on the label actually exist? Can't find any trace of it online..

Yes lovely track, only come across it via YouTube, but it interested me as I've got the Imperial Wonders and like you, had thought maybe there was a connection beyond the label itself. Blackpool Soul's link looks like the explanation is in there - have to spend a bit of time reading it though!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 4 years later...

The Four Wonders were from Indiana but were brought to Ohio to record by Eddie McGhee and John Brinson. 

Is there any evidence to suggest a connection to the Imperial Wonders ? Nothing I can find immediately.

However I wrote an article on here some time ago which involved the Imperial Wonders, and what was clear they changed line up frequently with members leaving and then returning. There seemed to be a real churn. 

The internet rumour was that the IW’s were also the Cool Sounds but this is not really true according to what Al Boyd told me. The went to LA to see what they could do and one member left to join the Cool Sounds formed by Bobby Sanders.

There is a reference to Al Boyd and another member leaving IW’s and then rejoining from another band. Could this be the Four Wonders ? 

I guess we’ll never know……or will we ?

• Up vote 3
Social source share

as an aside, The Imperial Wonders (no relation to the Four Wonders) Lord What is Happening To This World? that came out on Cordial just over a year ago is just superb (cd in 2005)

On 20/04/2024 at 11:30, Peter99 said:

Bit of an old thread; a bit like me. 

But; this has had lots of exposure hasn't it? I'm happy to be corrected, but it's been played all over the place for yonks.

I like it.

Peter

🙂

It's had loads of hammer mate

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!