Jump to content

JMAuction - 21/04/2021 - Results!


Recommended Posts

Posted

fyi

*1st Click On The Attached .png To Enlarge!

*Click Once More

*It Will Start In A New Tab

*Click Again To Enlarge

--- --- --- --- ---

*To Download - Right Click On The .png - Save Image As

 

screencapture-raresoulman-co-uk-auction-soul-auction-soul-auction-ending-this-wednesday-html-2021-04-21-19_01_17.png

  • Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fyi *1st Click On The Attached .png To Enlarge! *Click Once More *It Will Start In A New Tab *Click Again To Enlarge --- --- --- --- --- *To Download - Right Click On The

Thanks for posting! Bee Vee .. sorry but this is ridiculous.. or is it just me?

Zanetti actually takes the time and effort to post John,s auctions on here. Its a labour of love for him. For which we are thankful.🙏 Perhaps you could do the same with Pat,s auction results, that's i

Posted Images




Posted

Thanks for posting as always my friend 😁🙏.

Tony Galla . I love it but it must be almost double the going price.  

Victors.  Since when has this been more than £150 . Yes I know its a issue and not the demo that's everywhere but omg. 

Shane Martin. Fantastic record.  No idea what it's worth. Rare I'm guessing on a UK issue ,it's joining the ever growing list of £1000 plus UK records . They're finally getting the money that some of them deserve because of the  great record, recording  quality and the rarity.  

John I take my hat off to you. :hatsoff2:

Ste

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
9 minutes ago, Ted Massey said:

That’s not the correct price for Bee Vee it was 2950 according to the finishing price on my screen shots 

672D01BF-9F5C-409F-9407-32ABC34D93D8.png

E0A3FCB0-F180-4CDB-A9C5-28F231F56F7D.png

22E7D81E-2204-4A8C-A200-EFE1A5E23E30.png

1074BE07-9204-4665-90A4-6FD3702E3ED0.png

 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-21 um 21.21.20.png

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It has happened many times that a record was declared to be finished at short notice, but was then immediately auctioned again.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Joe Jama - big jump in price. Victors sold for well over the usual auction price. Tony Galla crept up in value. Surprised about 7 Nombres - on the scarce side but not one that has the hunters chasing after. Thought the Jelly Beans would make more - thanks to John for flagging up the flip side. Don’t see Art Falls very often - expected it to go for more. Not come across Bee Vee before - hard to figure why this reached a jaw-dropping sum.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
18 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Joe Jama - big jump in price. Victors sold for well over the usual auction price. Tony Galla crept up in value. Surprised about 7 Nombres - on the scarce side but not one that has the hunters chasing after. Thought the Jelly Beans would make more - thanks to John for flagging up the flip side. Don’t see Art Falls very often - expected it to go for more. Not come across Bee Vee before - hard to figure why this reached a jaw-dropping sum.

The Bee Vee was auctioned at JM twice within the last couple of months and if I'm not mistaken, both ended up around pr even less than half the price than the one tonight reached (same condition more or less). Rare tune, agreed. But why that jump..?

Anyway, the strange world of rare record collecting remains interesting that way..

  • Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
28 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Joe Jama - big jump in price. Victors sold for well over the usual auction price. Tony Galla crept up in value. Surprised about 7 Nombres - on the scarce side but not one that has the hunters chasing after. Thought the Jelly Beans would make more - thanks to John for flagging up the flip side. Don’t see Art Falls very often - expected it to go for more. Not come across Bee Vee before - hard to figure why this reached a jaw-dropping sum.

Frankie.  The Jelly Beans was double that a few years ago when it got reactivated, it's now dropping down to a more realistic price,  still got a way to go yet though in my humble opinion 

Ste 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
8 minutes ago, Midnight Drifter said:

The Bee Vee was auctioned at JM twice within the last couple of months and if I'm not mistaken, both ended up around pr even less than half the price than the one tonight reached (same condition more or less). Rare tune, agreed. But why that jump..?

Anyway, the strange world of rare record collecting remains interesting that way..

Could have been the last copy? I think some of John’s auction items have been bought by another dealer, possibly for resale, maybe web-page window-dressing or even to record for re-release.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Frankie.  The Jelly Beans was double that a few years ago when it got reactivated, it's now dropping down to a more realistic price,  still got a way to go yet though in my humble opinion 

Ste 

Yeah, there’s loads around. See one or two every other week. Great top side but the flip is pretty decent.

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
36 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Joe Jama - big jump in price. Victors sold for well over the usual auction price. Tony Galla crept up in value. Surprised about 7 Nombres - on the scarce side but not one that has the hunters chasing after. Thought the Jelly Beans would make more - thanks to John for flagging up the flip side. Don’t see Art Falls very often - expected it to go for more. Not come across Bee Vee before - hard to figure why this reached a jaw-dropping sum.

Wouldn't be surprised if 7 Nombres went across the pond, rare, and the type of thing the West Coast guy's go for, think it's better known over there 

Kev

  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
43 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Could have been the last copy? I think some of John’s auction items have been bought by another dealer, possibly for resale, maybe web-page window-dressing or even to record for re-release.

Yeah, you're right.. could very well be.. 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just a general thought on recent prices:

Spoke to two guys this week. One is selling higher priced vintage clothing, the other german Beat and Garage 45 rarities. Both said they had incredible sales over the last few months. And both confirmed some customers telling them they had "income surplus" they couldn't spend otherwise due to Corona lock-downs, travel bans etc. This may be a reason for some of the prices JM has been achieving over the last months?

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
45 minutes ago, Benji said:

Just a general thought on recent prices:

Spoke to two guys this week. One is selling higher priced vintage clothing, the other german Beat and Garage 45 rarities. Both said they had incredible sales over the last few months. And both confirmed some customers telling them they had "income surplus" they couldn't spend otherwise due to Corona lock-downs, travel bans etc. This may be a reason for some of the prices JM has been achieving over the last months?

Not much ‘income surplus’ in my household... Don’t know too many record collectors with spare cash either. I’d rather have records than cash, so am pleased to have picked up some nice sounds over the last year instead of travelling abroad. It’s good to hear the European economy has ticked over adequately during these awful times, but the numbers of cash-rich punters are probably dwarfed by those scraping by judging from the record collections being offered for sale. John's records are often trophy items that are targets of long-term collectors - once they have the common records, the quest is to chase after the scarcer ones hence the bidding frenzies.

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I personally think it's a bit of both. Let's see once the world is halfway back to 'normal', i.e. a substantial amount of people are vaccinated and will be able to travel again. Then some collectors are forced by their misses to take the occasional trip abroad..

On the other hand, once a tune has reached a certain level, it's mostly viewed as the new benchmark regardless of it being an outlier or not.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

every week, just staggering amounts of money... for pretty common tracks allot of them, we all get it, but honestly, I could never buy these type of titles again, how could you collect seriously with this kind of money pushing prices up so much...

I just dont think Joe Jama is worth any where near that at all, even for a minter... 

 

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
12 minutes ago, Mal C said:

every week, just staggering amounts of money... for pretty common tracks allot of them, we all get it, but honestly, I could never buy these type of titles again, how could you collect seriously with this kind of money pushing prices up so much...

I just dont think Joe Jama is worth any where near that at all, even for a minter... 

 

Thank God are there countless top tunes in the low price segment! 

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
4 minutes ago, Midnight Drifter said:

Thank God are there countless top tunes in the low price segment! 

And seriously, if you've just paid two to five grand for a rare disc where its condition makes a serious difference to value, the temptation is not to even play it!

A box containing a 400 rare 45 record collection could be a million quid, so you need insurance and security!

Its a different world today, for sure.

Ed

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Have to say the surprise for me was the Dana Valery album. Very hard to get hold of and I would have thought at least £250 minimum, then again I guess albums are in a minority market.

Steve

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
8 minutes ago, Soulman said:

Have to say the surprise for me was the Dana Valery album. Very hard to get hold of and I would have thought at least £250 minimum, then again I guess albums are in a minority market.

Steve

..yet. Their time will come.

I have a friend who's only interested in Soul LPs. He'd never look on JM's site or any other of the usual suspects websites for them. Instead, he gets his stuff from a dealer in the US from whom he buys albums for decades now. I know that I am talking about a segment of one here but I do believe that 45 and album collectors are fishing in disjunct markets, at least to a certain extent.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
22 minutes ago, Midnight Drifter said:

..yet. Their time will come.

I have a friend who's only interested in Soul LPs. He'd never look on JM's site or any other of the usual suspects websites for them. Instead, he gets his stuff from a dealer in the US from whom he buys albums for decades now. I know that I am talking about a segment of one here but I do believe that 45 and album collectors are fishing in disjunct markets, at least to a certain extent.

Agree to a certain extent however, this is such an odd album with only a South African release and yet wanted by many Motown collectors worldwide because of the Barbara McNair cover. Yet you rarely if ever see it up for grabs. I have a copy and I know someone else on here also has one. He was looking at selling a good few months ago and turned down £250. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Soulman said:

Agree to a certain extent however, this is such an odd album with only a South African release and yet wanted by many Motown collectors worldwide because of the Barbara McNair cover. Yet you rarely if ever see it up for grabs. I have a copy and I know someone else on here also has one. He was looking at selling a good few months ago and turned down £250. 

I see your point but prices are very volatile. The next one could end up at 350 quid or whatever.. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
23 minutes ago, Midnight Drifter said:

I see your point but prices are very volatile. The next one could end up at 350 quid or whatever.. 

Very true

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
18 hours ago, Kev Cane said:

Wouldn't be surprised if 7 Nombres went across the pond, rare, and the type of thing the West Coast guy's go for, think it's better known over there 

Kev

Dreadful record. 

 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
21 hours ago, Corbett80 said:

Surprised that 7 Nombres hit 900

I’m well happy made my £200 well spent 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Mal C said:

yep, stick to the twenty quid tracks... thats the way 🙂

Well...a little research on here will reveal several topics regarding great original vinyl for £20 or less.

However, I'm not dismissing the value of the super rare quality tunes, just emphasising the dilemma of playing such discs week in week out, and witnessing the drop in value.

The true 'top 10' rarest of the rare may be better off in a museum to preserve the legacy! And give a pass to the owner to play copies whilst dj ing!

Ed

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
13 hours ago, Midnight Drifter said:

I personally think it's a bit of both. Let's see once the world is halfway back to 'normal', i.e. a substantial amount of people are vaccinated and will be able to travel again. Then some collectors are forced by their misses to take the occasional trip abroad..

I’m really looking forward to being forced by the Mrs to travel abroad. We have cancelled three trips to the States already, and the two we have booked up for this year may not go ahead. I always look forward to the city visits and doing a bit of shopping🎶🎶

  • Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I think Tim Brown auctioned the Joe Jama a few months ago.Not sure of its end price. May have been more beat up than this one but from the sound clip played fine.
       You certainly need bottomless pockets to buy these biggies but you'd be petrified of overplaying them and seeing them devalue consequently!

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Pat Brady auctions some great records on a regular basis, but hardly gets a mention. It would be good if all the leading auction results could be seen on here, just as John Manships are. I don't know, maybe it would be too much hassle to organise?

Edited by Halogen
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
15 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

I’m really looking forward to being forced by the Mrs to travel abroad. We have cancelled three trips to the States already, and the two we have booked up for this year may not go ahead. I always look forward to the city visits and doing a bit of shopping🎶🎶

Also looking forward to a work trip or two in the near future, down time means dusty shops time 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

I use all of the Auction sites mentioned and all of them are excellent.  :thumbsup:

 

Edited by Mustang
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
5 hours ago, Halogen said:

Pat Brady auctions some great records on a regular basis, but hardly gets a mention. It would be good if all the leading auction results could be seen on here, just as John Manships are. I don't know, maybe it would be too much hassle to organise?

Zanetti actually takes the time and effort to post John,s auctions on here. Its a labour of love for him. For which we are thankful.🙏 Perhaps you could do the same with Pat,s auction results, that's if you wanted to or even have the time. 😊😁👍

  • Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

 Perhaps you could do the same with Pat,s auction results, that's if you wanted to or even have the time. 😊😁👍

I'm pleased you and four others think it's a good idea!😁👍😊.  

It's not just Pat's auctions, it's any rare soul auction! Then we will have a more balanced view of UK rare soul auctions!

 

Edited by Halogen
  • Thanks 2
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log in now!
  1. Jmauction - 13/01/2020 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 13 Jan 2021
    • 36 / 2612
    • big-c on 22 Jan 2021
  2. Jmauction - 24/06/2020 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 24 Jun 2020
    • 7 / 949
    • Philb on 25 Jun 2020
  3. Jmauction - 16/012/2020 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 16 Dec 2020
    • 49 / 2581
    • Dave Pinch on 23 Dec 2020
  4. Jmauction - 27/05/2019 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 27 May 2020
    • 4 / 527
    • Benji on 27 May 2020
  5. Jmauction - 25/03/2020 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 25 Mar 2020
    • 10 / 1105
    • Jazz on 27 Mar 2020
  6. Jmauction - 22/04/2020 - Results
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 22 Apr 2020
    • 3 / 663
    • Douglaschip on 22 Apr 2020
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.