the record you can't find

Djr

what's the record you can't find?   it's extremely frustrating......

The. Numero topic had me pull the Deep City Eccentric Soul  collection down and give it another listen, and all I want to do is give my copy of Frank Williams Rocketeers 'Good Thing' 45 a spin.....and I can't find it anywhere. I've been through half of the boxes twice and still no 45.

I guess I'm moving on for now. maybe not looking for it will make it show up, or perhaps posting this thread. you know how things go.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

'Pat & The Blenders - Just Because'. Went through my shelves loads of times, even the 'Junk But You Never Know' section.

A good few years later and it's still 'AWOL'.  Makes me wonder what else has left home, but hey it may surprise me one day - Records play tricks on us :huh: 

Good luck with your hunt :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

Social source share

Not a record as such i cant find. When i like a fool i decided to sell my collection because i had stopped DJ,in i actually spent hours cataloguing the complete collection in alphabetical order in a A4 hardbacked writing pad. Can i find the book. Its definitely in the attic but OMG its frustrating looking

Along with the picture sleeve of Marvin Gaye. Its killing me, (This love starved heart  ) Dont even have the record anymore but ive promised it to someone for his picture sleeve less copy and no its not my old copy. Lol

Ste

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Ooh boy, where do I start here?

I'm beginning to suspect that I lost a box of 'C' 45's when I moved out of my house of 45 years and into an apartment. This box had all the Chairmen of the Board and Gene Chandler singles (and no, I didn't, nor have I ever, have "Mr. Big Shot" or "I Can Take Care of Myself") in it, but more importantly, had two Casualeers 45s (including a Roulette copy of "Dance, Dance, Dance"...I'd hate to tell you all how much I paid for it, 'cause you'd kill me!), Celestrals "Chain Reaction" (black RCA) and Charts "Desiree", all of which would look good in the box of an aspiring DJ like myself.

A lot of other stuff I can't find...many of my Amy/Mala/Bell soul 45s, including a promo of Chris Morgan, Sunlovers "You'll Never Make the Grade" (somewhat beat, but I actually had a trade offer for it...if I could only find the damn record), Williams and Watson "Too Late", Kim Weston "I'm Still Loving You" on British Tamla Motown, a promo of "Ain't There Something Money Can't Buy" by Young-Holt Unlimited, and maybe a couple of others.

I'm in the process (very lengthy) of putting all my 45s in absolute alpha order...I'm hoping some of these just got put in the wrong box and I can get them sorted properly.

Best,

Mark

Social source share

13 hours ago, clevesoulie said:

I'm in the process (very lengthy) of putting all my 45s in absolute alpha order...I'm hoping some of these just got put in the wrong box and I can get them sorted properly.

Best,

Mark

This is the source of my problem. I used to be so particular about everything being in order alphabetically. And then I let that go, which leads to the resent situation. I have tried to start this process, combining the new 45s with the older titles that are in alpha order, but have never quite finished. I think I need to take a few days off work to sort it all out. I can see that going over well with my wife......I can't make the family vacation this year as I need to sort out the records.....

Edited by Djr
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

6 hours ago, Djr said:

This is the source of my problem. I used to be so particular about everything being in order alphabetically. And then I let that go, which leads to the resent situation. I have tried to start this process, combining the new 45s with the older titles that are in alpha order, but have never quite finished. I think I need to take a few days off work to sort it all out. I can see that going over well with my wife......I can't make the family vacation this year as I need to sort out the records.....

I see!  You resent the fact that you made a bad mistake by not keeping all your records in alphabetical order.  😁

My problem is a lot worse.  I never have put ANY of my records in alphabetical order.  They are stored by label and city of label's main headquarters.  After almost 70 years of collecting, and moving my residence several times, I can't remember where given individual small labels are located, EVEN when I remember the label's city, when it is a city which takes up a whole wall, like Detroit, Chicago, New York, L.A./S.F., or Philadelphia/Pittsburgh/Ohio.

Social source share

A few missing my filing system is not the best .Wendy Rene after the laughter is the one that has genuinely disappeared.Should be in stax but god knows where it has got to .I am hoping it turns up one day .Had a few went missing in my youth but that was due to living in mixed households and light fingered “friends” .Even worse had records boxes stolen on two separate occasions in my youth 

Social source share

Robbk and Richard - sorry to hear that. 

I did find the Frank Williams Rocketeers 45 late last night so could not give it a spin without the headphones on, but still sounded great. It was filed in a funk box under F because of side 2. Yes, I used to buy a lot of funk 45s and instrumentals...only to flip them over later and find what I have been missing.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!