Combinations on kimtone

Dobber

I have to say that its not very often i see a record on rarenorthernsoul.com at a reasonable price!

they have listed this piece of mega rare magic at 3k and its mint too! 

ive had the multicloured version in the past which is bloody rare,but the red copy is up there with the rarest and such a quality tune! And in todays crazy market 3k looks very reasonable indeed!

B7738756-22FA-4875-AA1E-27332E46FC03.jpeg

Edited by Dobber
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Reforee said:

The sound file to this red copy sounds flat/subdued to my ears compared to the multi coloured copy where all the arrangements are in your face or is it just the soundclip on the site?

The multicoloured version is vinyl,i suspect the red label version is styrene,and maybe a dull sounding styrene! But i do know what you mean!

Social source share

30 minutes ago, Dobber said:

The multicoloured version is vinyl,i suspect the red label version is styrene,and maybe a dull sounding styrene! But i do know what you mean!

The red label copies are vinyl as well as the multicoloured.  Maybe just the sound clip has recorded it at a different level.

As you may well know, the Combinations later became the M.V.P.s.   It was revealed in an interesting article about them on S.S. several years ago.

Edited by D9 Ktf
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

45 minutes ago, D9 Ktf said:

The red label copies are vinyl as well as the multicoloured.  Maybe just the sound clip has recorded it at a different level.

As you may well know, the Combinations later became the M.V.P.s.   It was revealed in an interesting article about them on S.S. several years ago.

Tee fletcher is the lead vocal in the combinations,so is he lead vocal with the mvps? I thought they were a white rock group?

Social source share

47 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Tee fletcher is the lead vocal in the combinations,so is he lead vocal with the mvps? I thought they were a white rock group?

No they were not a white rock group. 

Chalky put up an article about it.

If you want read it, go on the search box and put this search on.....The MVP'S Uncovered!

The identity of one of the scenes iconic groups revealed.

Edited by D9 Ktf
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

51 minutes ago, D9 Ktf said:

No they were not a white rock group. 

Chalky put up an article about it.

If you want read it, go on the search box and put this search on.....The MVP'S Uncovered!

The identity of one of the scenes iconic groups revealed.

Well i never! Not only am surpized at the identity of group but also tee fletcher isnt the vocal on the combinations 45! Learnt two things today! Well done mate!👍

Social source share

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

mint red vinyl issue here , plays great the multi coloured label copies were all pressed with a pressing flaw .some jump some are fine. the rarer red vinyl issues are fine.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

11 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

i had the multi- coloured kimtone on vinyl with the flaw.. the flaw never sounded and it didnt jump

sold it for £2000 3 years ago

Yeah mine had that little bubble flaw, and mine didnt skip or sound at all! I think i swap mine in the end,cant remember what for,but certainly a couple of grands worth of a swap!

Social source share

5 hours ago, Chalky said:

Before then, early 80s Dave Withers and Rod Shard.  Not sure if it was one they got from Richard Searling along with CODs and other Combinations.  @Modernsoulsucks

Got it sometime mid 70's from a guy in Carolinas. Probably swapped it for some UK Drifters on Arista.

Obviously liked it [and still do] or wouldn't have kept it but to my ears it somehow sounded "draggy" as if backing should have been a jot faster to meld with the vocals.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!