Texas - Keep On Talking - Cover Version

Mike
Message added by Mike,

two similar topics merged into ont

Erm, what was that, northern soul on a Bontempo?

1. when you released a record recently and then include it on your 'greatest hits 1872 - 2023 you know your musical career is over. Presumptions or what? OK, so your auditioning it at Glastonbury this year, but not on the Legends slot yeah?

2. if you are going to do a cover, make an effort, put your own style on it, try BBC Live Lounge style  as opposed to a karaoke bar.

e.g.

Social source share

I agree John, not relevant really is it, only the good ones are relevant, so to speak... might I suggest this as something that I went crazy over a few years back, quite etherial this one... this is how to cover a great song... !

• Up vote 1
Social source share

maybe Queen Latifah might hit the spot... she really gets the flavor of the original, I like this one allot.... I know this isnt 'Keep on talking' but there is only so much you can say about a middle of the road cover version...

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

4 hours ago, John Reed said:

FFS, its just a song that a band has decided to cover, that just happens to have been originally played on a once underground youth, club scene.  It was written and produced by a couple of white country-boys from the south.  I wonder how many Beatles fans moaned when the like of the Temps, Four Tops, Mary Wells and Aretha to name a few covered their recording.

I'm not bothered who covers whatever song, it's the quality of the cover that interests me. I like wholesome music, not homogeneous, insipid snoozefests. 

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Mal C said:

maybe Queen Latifah might hit the spot... she really gets the flavor of the original, I like this one allot.... I know this isnt 'Keep on talking' but there is only so much you can say about a middle of the road cover version...

Shameless mention ...Not forgetting Monica Rocha's 'hello stranger ' one of three tracks on the new Chicano Soul 7" EP from Last Bastion Records . 

Edited by Andybellwood
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, Mal C said:

I agree John, not relevant really is it, only the good ones are relevant, so to speak... might I suggest this as something that I went crazy over a few years back, quite etherial this one... this is how to cover a great song... !

A bit of a fan of Julia good selection.

Social source share

20 hours ago, Andybellwood said:

Shameless mention ...Not forgetting Monica Rocha's 'hello stranger ' one of three tracks on the new Chicano Soul 7" EP from Last Bastion Records . 

That is shamless Andy 😕 but I will certinally check it out mate...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!