Sad News: Ritchie Andrew from Llandudno RIP

Sorry if this post is in the wrong spot, but I just heard one of my old best friends who I had known for over 50 years just passed away quite suddenly, his name was Ritchie Andrews he was from Llandudno. A friend was able to inform me of his passing last night, but knowing Ritchie had no other family as Ann his wife passed away back in July 2018 it’s hard to find out anything being so far away as I live in Westlake Village California and so I am not able to find out very much.

I would be so grateful if anyone who knew Ritchie could get in touch as to what happened, and if there will be any service. I had just been in touch with him to let him know I was returning for a visit this coming June and we had planned on visiting the Llandudno soul event together in June. He said he was just getting over Covid but was looking forward to getting back on his bike in a few days, the email I received from him was just a couple of days ago. So, I am very shocked and sad to hear about his passing like this. Thanks Rob

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Really sad news Rob

Used to see and catch up with Ritchie fairly regular over the years and see him often around town and on his bike

Ritchie was one of the first members on here under this format, way back in 2002, profile links below

@Ritchieandrew

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/profile/15-ritchieandrew/

sad news, RIP Ritchie you be missed

site note have edited the title to reflect the sad news 

Social source share

Hi Rob , was only talking to Rich on Sunday, as he was DJing in Llandudno , it sad news, Rich was good man help with with which records to out out for , always had good chat with him about what to buy , and have few off him too , when i hear more will let you know , David.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Very sad news indeed, I've known Ritchie for years and had quite a few good records off him. I think it was Ritchie and Bob Foster that got me into real ale back in the late 70's.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!